Your gaming confessions

.Ryan.

Leftist Bastard

GTA V's my favorite. Legit not joking here.

Mafia III has it's flaws but overall it was a very enjoyable experience.

This is going way back but Colecovision was better than Atari. I had the adapter where you could play Atari games though so I had the best of both worlds.

I agree here. V has it's flaws but it's far from the atrocity some people on this forum act like it is. Get your flame suit on though.

He isn't a real GTA fan for liking GTA V and yes it's an atrocity. A horrible one at that. :bored:

• Like 1

I avoid the GTAV section because people find reasons to bitch and moan about the smallest things.

That's like every gaming section ever.

Art section in this gaming forum is however the temple of peaceful civilization.

LongHairedFreakyGuy

Got another one. I'll shamelessly scratch a closed wound: As weird as it sounds, I think GTA V itself gets too much hate from some people. I'm not talking about issues like GTAO's shady shark card business, no singleplayer DLC and the other issues as I agree with those myself.

GTAV's singleplayer is really damn well done. R* invented the breathtakingly living and realistic open world formula in GTA IV and almost mastered it in GTA V. The level of detail in Los Santos is something that hasn't been topped by any other open world game so far.

Watch Dogs 2's SF was really close, maybe even on par with GTAV. I personally think Los Santos is better because of the new first person perspective. Nonetheless, both cities feel almost like a real life trip to america when exploring.

I avoid the GTAV section because people find reasons to bitch and moan about the smallest things. There are shortcomings but they don't take away from the whole picture. It's a shame people are disappointed for having just three clothing shops for example and not appreciate what's there.

Also the story was alright. The last missions could have been better and there could have been a better antagonist but that did not make the story bad. They took the risk of having 3 main protags and it didn't quite pay off but at least they tried to do something fresh. I think the story was fun. Not quite the best story ever but it was fine.

Not going to lie, GTA V blew me away when I first played through it - The attention to detail in every single nook and cranny was amazing, especially for the size of the map and the amount they had crammed into it. The story itself was fun to play through...but that's about it. Once the story had finished, I didn't feel attached to the characters in any way whatsoever, as I had with all the previous titles, even as far as saying I was more attached to the silent Claude in GTA3 than any of the 3 in V...their stories just didn't appeal to me in any way whatsoever; especially of one who's living in a well-to-do house, full family (whether they fall out or not), the nice car...his only issue seemed to be the therapy sessions...Maybe I'm just a sucker for the generic rags-to-riches protag...

Then there's the map itself. It's beautiful, and as I said the detail is amazing, no matter where on the map you are, but this just didn't save the game for me at all, mainly for one reason - there was absolutely no reason for me to return to the game after completing the main story missions; Side missions are minimal, and even then the ones contained are so tediously dull (submarine)...

Said it many times on here that I've tried to return to the game multiple times to try and get back into the game, but within half an hour I'm finding myself fighting the boredom - I really want to like the game but I just can't...

• Like 3

KilnerLUFC.gif

I was still a heavy duty GTA fanboy back when I bought GTAV for PS3, so I can't say much about it without an unfair impression. And I had not been playing open world game back then, so GTAV felt like a fresh strike.

But if I want to be honest to myself, I didn't feel close to the protagonists and liking them. Background story wise, the protagonists are more meaty compared to the previous ones, but they aren't the 'GTA guys' in my mind. GTAV felt like a story of 3 random guys in an open-world action game worked with improved GTA engine.

The map surprised me only within first few hours because of the diversity. But in the long run, the map felt too simple for such diversity of terrain and district. Most likely because of the egg-shaped map. The streets are very easy to remember.

• Like 3

chronic lumbago

Seems like in the end, it's all a matter of opinion and taste. One week ago, I started playing GTA V again to either piss people off in Online and check out some of the new concent but I also use single player to free roam.

The map is diverse and there are some really cool spots to find. There are more climbable buildigs that there ever was in a GTA. I like to just take my car, drive around and find a parking spot to take a walk and see what the city's up to in that area. Maybe pick a fight, or just do whatever catches my eye.

You can literally be a photographer in this game. The camera an outstanding tool in free roam.

The story's first three acts at least were great. Introduction acts of the 3 characters. Then, the connecions to the characters worsens over time with some cool bits. I felt that Trevor stayed great throughout the whole game though. Michael's still my favorite. I felt connected and could understand why he acts the way he does and his family issues.

Franklin was the big missed opportunity, but I thought thay his story had a certain closure and ended on a sad but necessary note when choosing the ending to kill his mentor. That ending shows that he actually learned something and he has good reasons to kill him.

Let's admit that ending c was just to please the players so there's a happy ever after for the main characters. Either A or B are the true endings.

• Like 2

- Fallout 4 was the first Fallout that I have played.

- Skyrim was the first TES game that I have played in the TES series.

- When I was a teen, my cousin and I use to use aimbots and mod menu's in this one FPS game on the PC. I also used a mod menu to grief Roblox servers too. I was clearly a dick back then.

- I don't care to play the Uncharted series or the Last Of Us and I find them both highly overrated.

- After playing Dead Space for the first time, I would sleep with my light on. Those one necromorphs that would come apart and attack you, freaked me out really bad with their deep, haunting, and bone chilling cries. If you have played the game, then you know what I'm talking about.

- When I play the Sims, I always make sure to get every woman pregnant within the entire town.

- I'm 25 and I've been playing Minecraft off and on since 2011. It's a good chill game to play to relax. Also, due to the soundtrack, I've fallen asleep numerous times while playing the game.

Edit: I don't believe I'm doing this right... Nevermind.

Edited by jrl51592
  • Like 1

chronic lumbago

- I don't care to play the Uncharted series or the Last Of Us and I find them both highly overrated.

Uncharted maybe, but The Last of Us deserves all the praise it got. I don't like standing in a circlejerk but that game is really something unforgettable.

Uncharted maybe, but The Last of Us deserves all the praise it got. I don't like standing in a circlejerk but that game is really something unforgettable.Maybe once the 2nd one gets released, I'll buy them both in a bundle on the PS Store. I do like bundles.

Got another one. I'll shamelessly scratch a closed wound: As weird as it sounds, I think GTA V itself gets too much hate from some people. I'm not talking about issues like GTAO's shady shark card business, no singleplayer DLC and the other issues as I agree with those myself.

GTAV's singleplayer is really damn well done. R* invented the breathtakingly living and realistic open world formula in GTA IV and almost mastered it in GTA V. The level of detail in Los Santos is something that hasn't been topped by any other open world game so far.

Watch Dogs 2's SF was really close, maybe even on par with GTAV. I personally think Los Santos is better because of the new first person perspective. Nonetheless, both cities feel almost like a real life trip to america when exploring.

I avoid the GTAV section because people find reasons to bitch and moan about the smallest things. There are shortcomings but they don't take away from the whole picture. It's a shame people are disappointed for having just three clothing shops for example and not appreciate what's there.

Also the story was alright. The last missions could have been better and there could have been a better antagonist but that did not make the story bad. They took the risk of having 3 main protags and it didn't quite pay off but at least they tried to do something fresh. I think the story was fun. Not quite the best story ever but it was fine.

Not going to lie, GTA V blew me away when I first played through it - The attention to detail in every single nook and cranny was amazing, especially for the size of the map and the amount they had crammed into it. The story itself was fun to play through...but that's about it. Once the story had finished, I didn't feel attached to the characters in any way whatsoever, as I had with all the previous titles, even as far as saying I was more attached to the silent Claude in GTA3 than any of the 3 in V...their stories just didn't appeal to me in any way whatsoever; especially of one who's living in a well-to-do house, full family (whether they fall out or not), the nice car...his only issue seemed to be the therapy sessions...Maybe I'm just a sucker for the generic rags-to-riches protag...

Then there's the map itself. It's beautiful, and as I said the detail is amazing, no matter where on the map you are, but this just didn't save the game for me at all, mainly for one reason - there was absolutely no reason for me to return to the game after completing the main story missions; Side missions are minimal, and even then the ones contained are so tediously dull (submarine)...

Said it many times on here that I've tried to return to the game multiple times to try and get back into the game, but within half an hour I'm finding myself fighting the boredom - I really want to like the game but I just can't...

I doubt there was a single person who first played GTA V who wasn't blown away by its visuals however for me at least that "honeymoon" period was fairly short lived. I returned to GTA IV after only a few days yet when GTA IV was new it was the only game I played for months. :/

GTA V's over budget eye candy IMO. All looks and no substance. It has its strengths in drips and drabs, but that's not what I expect from a GTA game. I fear Red Dead Redemption 2 might end up the same way.

• Like 3

I must turn back from my opinion and admit that Ubisoft actually deliver games for those who like the series and genre.

But they will be plagued by bitching no matter what they do. They will be plagued by ungrateful rants no matter how much they have listened and followed. And then there's the hatewagon. I was one of them.

Sure Ubisoft in general can look extremely greedy and screwing things up that seems to be on purpose. But half of the problem lies on the opposite side.

Saying this doesn't mean I'll be a day 1 Gold Edition buyer from now on. I'll remain skeptical because of the reason above.

• Like 1

LongHairedFreakyGuy

- After playing Dead Space for the first time, I would sleep with my light on. Those one necromorphs that would come apart and attack you, freaked me out really bad with their deep, haunting, and bone chilling cries. If you have played the game, then you know what I'm talking about.

Entitled to your opinion on things, but how can you call something over-rated if you haven't even played them? I've barely scratched the surface of Uncharted 1, but TLoU, even though only part way through, has an amazing story line and decent gameplay to boot, even if it is somewhat frustrating in parts trying to figure the best route through.

Dead Space was one of the rare games that truly freaked the sh*t out of me. I played the game with the lights turned off and headphones on, and some of the set-pieces in the game truly made me need new pants. I seriously need to get that game finished at some point.

I doubt there was a single person who first played GTA V who wasn't blown away by its visuals however for me at least that "honeymoon" period was fairly short lived. I returned to GTA IV after only a few days yet when GTA IV was new it was the only game I played for months. :/

GTA V's over budget eye candy IMO. All looks and no substance. It has its strengths in drips and drabs, but that's not what I expect from a GTA game. I fear Red Dead Redemption 2 might end up the same way.

Exactly this. As a map, the game is beautiful and so attentive to detail everywhere, but the game has little-to-zero substance within it. Was actually playing GTA IV last night, which even all these years on and the amount of game time I've put in to it (Was officially my most played 360 game last year, according to that thing Microsoft did), I can still put the game on and have a sh*t ton to do, and even when not on a mission, the game still has tons to offer. GTA V, nothing...

• Like 3

KilnerLUFC.gif

KratosDrake

Yay, go with the endless arguing about GTA IV and GTA V, Ubisoft and which game you find more overrated... Let me get a popcorn.

OT:

- I suck at racing games, and I don't even bother to play most of them. One of the games that caught me the most was Burnout Paradise, because it doesn't feel restricted to standards.

- The first game that I have ever finished was Assassin's Creed I, and Assassin's Creed II was my first platinum.

- I absolutely adore Ubisoft and think their works were excellent, despite their small slips here and there.

- Browser games are one of my favorite things to spend time on. Excellent browser games I would recommend are the Doodle series (later focused on mobile), the Henry Stickmin series, Rebuild 2 and Penguin Diner series.

- I love all the protagonists of every game, because in my eyes, they are all badass heroes.

- I want funfactor in a game. That is my only rigid requirement for a game.

• Like 1

To be honest I absolutely hated Saints Row IV when I first played it. Thought it was too silly and stupid however since I have the Xbox games pass and Saints Row IV: Re-elected is one on the games included I decided to install it.

Played for an hour a half and to my surprise I enjoyed it way more this time around. Maybe at the time I just didn't give it much time, but looking at it freshly it's quite fun.

I never thought I'd say that about any Saints Row game post Saints Row 2, but yeah. And I have my dude's voice set to Nolan North's so it's just like playing as Nate or Desmond with super powers.;)

• Like 4

I didn't like Saints Row IV because it is glorified DLC they tried to pass as a new game.

• Like 1

GTA3Rockstar

Hopefully they go back to the og Saints Row, now that they took their goofy/superhero style and made it a completely new IP - Agents of Mayhem. Aug 15 release

fbeRElG.png

This is going way back but Colecovision was better than Atari. I had the adapter where you could play Atari games though so I had the best of both worlds.

Mafia 3 is having a pretty good story even thought the side quest is not that good. One thing that really makes me like it is the music.

love the rainy night.

Mafia 3 is having a pretty good story even thought the side quest is not that good. One thing that really makes me like it is the music.

The soundtrack is great. Riding around listening to Paint it Black in a 60s sports car is certainly enjoyable.

To be fair had they of f*cked up the soundtrack in Mafia III they might as well have not released the game at all. It's the only thing that stands out IMO. They done a great job there, but I wish the same amount of effort went into the gameplay also.:/

• Like 1

Hopefully they go back to the og Saints Row, now that they took their goofy/superhero style and made it a completely new IP - Agents of Mayhem. Aug 15 release

And we have Johnny Gat in Agents of Mayhem, driving a police car, while one of the ending in Gat Out of Hell was to reboot the whole thing and the Saints became police officers.

That and the vehicles in Agent of Mayhem are still using the same names and similar models to the Saints Row counterpart.

So.... :p

chronic lumbago

Makes sense. Who wouldn't become a superhero after killing thousands of gang members, innocents, cops and being the most notorious criminal in the universe? Whoever wrote this is a genius.

I also apperciate the fact that they completely removed character customization and replaced it with choosing a generic superhero with the option of a pre order outfit with all of my heart.

Edited by fashion

I used to have a desire to build a pc more or less at the size of ps4 to plug in to my TV to play Saints Row The Third only.

Saints Row The Third is still the only game left on my pc despite of the my new rule: "pc for workstation only; ps4/vita for gaming"

I've never owned a Gameboy. Ever. I wanted one when I was a kid back when they were something new. But being born into a poor family prevented me from ever having one as a kid. I guess it's good that my parents never bought me one because I probably would end up being a diehard Pokemon fan today if they had whereas I don't care about Pokemon now.

KratosDrake

- Super unpopular opinion and many dislikes incoming: I think people should shut up about the whole OpenIV stuff. If they closed it, there was a reason. And indeed there is, bypassing security using it. Let T2 handle their games how they want.

- I want desperately to play Papers Please. I wish it was available in Android.

- I like seeing bugs and glitches in games. (Of course, the safe ones)

- I find flying rats the most nonsensical collectibles in the whole world of nonsensical collectibles. Really, who the hell would shoot 200 of these scattered all across the districts just to gain an Annihilator? DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!

• Like 2

Leftist Bastard

- Super unpopular opinion and many dislikes incoming: I think people should shut up about the whole OpenIV stuff. If they closed it, there was a reason. And indeed there is, bypassing security using it. Let T2 handle their games how they want.

- I want desperately to play Papers Please. I wish it was available in Android.

As a consumer who's paying for the product you definitely have a right to voice your dislike. R* are definitely in support of modding and it's a completely boneheaded move from T2.

Papers Please is really undemanding, dude. Any PC can run it basically.

Mister Pink

I've never owned a Gameboy. Ever. I wanted one when I was a kid back when they were something new. But being born into a poor family prevented me from ever having one as a kid. I guess it's good that my parents never bought me one because I probably would end up being a diehard Pokemon fan today if they had whereas I don't care about Pokemon now.

That's kind of sad :( I mean, I didn't come from a rich family but I was very lucky to have a Game Boy when I was a kid. You should totally get one now that you're older.

Been thinking about it for several years actually. I could also download an emulator but it won't be the same as an actual physical Gameboy.

• Like 1

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.