3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

American Venom

Your gaming confessions

Femme Fatale

I don't like the 3D effect on the N3DS, it looks weird.

Gremlin Sombra

- realism sucks in wrestling games... WWE 2k has never been so realistic, and yet I had more fun with the arcade WWE all stars

I agree with this. The early Smackdown games were the best because they were so over the top. Jumping off stages, parking lot brawls, fighting in the subway or even fighting in times square. Now it's a repetitive "simulator"

After playing WWE 2K16 because it was on games for gold a few months ago. I the 2k series is alright. It plays well and in a kinda interesting way.

I think the problem is that they are yearly released. If they took the time to make them good and put in more content. They would be so much better.

I think it would be great if WWE games had a Forza-like release and product line. The 2k series can be like the Forza motorsports of the series. Then they can make games like the old Smackdown games. which will be like the Forza Horizon of the series.

Anyway, since I'm talking about wrestling games. I think the Road to WrestleMania XIII and XIX games are extremely underrated. They are just as great as the Smackdown series.

Edited by Gremlin Sombra

CrysisAverted

it took me quite a while to beat kid buu in tenkaichi 3

but thats only because I tried my damndest to beat kid buu with hercule

Femme Fatale

I gave up on DKC2 cuz I couldn't beat Castle Crush.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I'm not a gamer by any means. The only reason I play a game is because you can drive in it. If I can't drive it's not for me. The only exceptions are Sim City.

chronic lumbago

* Hate me all you want but I sold my copy of Horizon Zero Dawn with a smile on my face. Even the store clerks in the local gaming second hand shop gave me a weird look. Everyone loved it so I thought it'll be that generation defying game but instead I found a mediocre story, frustrating gameplay/controlls and an uninteresting open world. All the game could do is look pretty. I was getting sick and tired of the goddamn f*cking rolling arond all the goddamn time.

* the Nacon Revolution Pro controller I was so proud to buy already has a broken touchpad lol

* Once in a while, when I decide to play GTAO, I do it just to troll people. I literally jump into a heist just to leave or kill myself in the last seconds, unless I got a fair share. It's so much fun destroying someone's car. Paying a small fee for destroying it to hear the crying on the mic is totally worth it. Though I only play GTAO when I have nothing else to do.

luisniko

* Hate me all you want but I sold my copy of Horizon Zero Dawn with a smile on my face. Even the store clerks in the local gaming second hand shop gave me a weird look. Everyone loved it so I thought it'll be that generation defying game but instead I found a mediocre story, frustrating gameplay/controlls and an uninteresting open world. All the game could do is look pretty. I was getting sick and tired of the goddamn f*cking rolling arond all the goddamn time.

Trend is number 1, personal taste is number 2 nowadays. Of course they will look at you.

American Venom

Some more...

-I don't like multiplayer centric games. I was going to get Friday The 13th, but was turned off that it's only multiplayer. However as I understand an update will be added for single player. Why this was never apart of it from the start I don't know.:/

-Mafia III was the first PS4 game I ever traded in and I don't regret it what so ever.

-For a short time I preferred Saints Row 2 to GTA IV only to realise I could never get into Saints Row 2 enough to actually finish it. I've beaten GTA IV 9 times. Go figure.

-GTA IV and LA Noire are the only two games I've completed to 100%.

-Never got the hate for Mafia II. It's one of the best games from the 7th generation IMO and a better game than Mafia III in every significant way.

-True Crime NYC was a pretty good game besides the bugs and glitches. I liked it more than Streets Of LA.

The Deadite

* When I was really little, I got scared by games really easily ... Jurassic Park on the Sega Genesis was the stuff of nightmares to me - that damn T.rex bursting through the wall and the intro to the raptor's campaign SCARED THE HELL out of me....

Ohh man, this hits me close to home, my little brother was terrified of the same T-Rex that pops out in the visitor center. I always found that so adorable.

Some more...

-I don't like multiplayer centric games. I was going to get Friday The 13th, but was turned off that it's only multiplayer. However as I understand an update will be added for single player. Why this was never apart of it from the start I don't know.:/

Game it's a kickstarter founded project, i guess it's hard to program a competent AI. (For the counselors that is) Apparently game is buggy as of now, which is a shame because it looks very interesting.

Honestly you should get it, i think this bias against multiplayer games can stop you from enjoying games under a new light, sure you might bump into one or two Jasons blasting rap music and telling you they banged your fat mom, but there's the option to mute/block other players and some actual mature people in online gaming.

My confessions:

-Dissapointed i didn't clicked with the inFAMOUS series as much as i thought i would, which is extremely weird because i've never been more surprised by a twist like the one in the first game and i ALMOST cried at the end of the second one. Maybe because i got the two games packed together and there was a certain rush to complete the first one and jump to the sequel but i really can't understand why i didn't got more attached to these games, gameplay is competent, the stories and characters are good, maps are interesting and i'm into superhero stuff and all the like.

Maybe i'm somewhat over gaming but i never felt like revisiting these games and play as the bad guy, honestly, i'd rather sell them for money i'll most likely pay the rent with... which is something i actually hate to write as inmature as i sound

-I really can't understand why people say that going OTT ruined Saints Row, it was rubbish and it was a sh*tty substitute/alternative to gta, played the epitome of the series and was hardly surprised by it. Other than the fredoom, ir's painfully mediocre in every single aspect, superpowers and aliens actually make the game seem more appealing.

-I'll doubt i ever be as hyped with a game as i was with V (or for that matter, anything else) I even lost already any interest i had in RDR 2... It's not like i was gonna be able to play the game though.

Edited by The Deadite

luisniko

-I don't like multiplayer centric games. I was going to get Friday The 13th, but was turned off that it's only multiplayer. However as I understand an update will be added for single player. Why this was never apart of it from the start I don't know. :/

Yea, same.

Multiplayer only game means I need other people to play with and I hate the idea of being dependent, especially in gaming.

Tokasmoka

Took me a year before I figured out what right on the D-pad does while in a hydra lol

KilnerLUFC

- realism sucks in wrestling games... WWE 2k has never been so realistic, and yet I had more fun with the arcade WWE all stars

I agree with this. The early Smackdown games were the best because they were so over the top. Jumping off stages, parking lot brawls, fighting in the subway or even fighting in times square. Now it's a repetitive "simulator"

After playing WWE 2K16 because it was on games for gold a few months ago. I the 2k series is alright. It plays well and in a kinda interesting way.

I think the problem is that they are yearly released. If they took the time to make them good and put in more content. They would be so much better.

I think it would be great if WWE games had a Forza-like release and product line. The 2k series can be like the Forza motorsports of the series. Then they can make games like the old Smackdown games. which will be like the Forza Horizon of the series.

Anyway, since I'm talking about wrestling games. I think the Road to WrestleMania XIII and XIX games are extremely underrated. They are just as great as the Smackdown series.

All of you talking about wrestling games, yet missing out easily one of the greatest wrestling games of all time - No Mercy for the N64. Do agree on the fact that realism ruins wrestling games, for me anyway. I remember when I was a big wrestling game fan, and would search the net to see which games had the most features such as going out of bounds in to back areas and what modes they had such as TLC etc.

-Never got the hate for Mafia II. It's one of the best games from the 7th generation IMO and a better game than Mafia III in every significant way.

-True Crime NYC was a pretty good game besides the bugs and glitches. I liked it more than Streets Of LA.

Mafia 2 was a great game in parts, but was also so frustratingly bad in other parts also, mainly the mission where you have to take Derek down; such an amazingly bugged mission that seemed only possible by exploiting it.

True Crime NYC - said it before on here, spent like half an hour tops on that game before never returning to it again. LA is still in my collection to this day.

Payne Killer

I think all these new racing games are just stupid screenshot simulators without any fun, they're pretty looking but the gameplay is poor.

woggleman

Hanging out in Gamestop for more than 10 minutes makes me embarrassed to be a gamer. I get the feeling everybody there was addicted to monster energy drinks.

I am sure Persona 5 is a great game for those who like that sort of thing but it has zero appeal to me.

I think Ubisoft is a mediocre developer. They just keep making the same game but in different settings.

Leftist Bastard

I think Ubisoft is a mediocre developer. They just keep making the same game but in different settings.

This is just plain not true. I get opinions and subjectivity but saying everything is the same is an objective statement; and objectively speaking they change things around quite a bit from year to year. The changes might not all be good but the meme's overstayed its welcome at this point.

American Venom

Atleast Ubisoft release single player DLC for their games...unlike a certain developer we're all familiar with. :whistle:

woggleman

They might make SP DLC but they make generic open worlds that are helping to drag the genre down. At this point games like Far Cry and Assassin's Creed are like the Call of Duty of open world games.

American Venom

They might make SP DLC but they make generic open worlds that are helping to drag the genre down. At this point games like Far Cry and Assassin's Creed are like the Call of Duty of open world games.

I don't agree they're dragging the genre down. I'm grateful they actually still give a sh*t about providing players with single player experiences and to be clear the Far Cry series and Assassin's Creed series couldn't be more different from each other if they tried.

That's like saying Red Dead is is the same as GTA, but with horses instead of cars.

luisniko

Despite of the typical Ubisoft hate by GTA fans and by popular culture and despite of myself don't exactly liking their business and games, I must admit Ubi actually try to provide their users more content in the game, even if it as simple as weekly challenge to keep the game rolling for those who enjoy it, and I've seen them actually listen from feedback from time to time without talking too much. It's just that many gamers are becoming more ungrateful and contagious everytime the sun is rising back up. I'm actually getting tired seeing video game forums because of this. Reading video game forums is like reading social and political news these days.

BenMitchell90

Some more...

-I don't like multiplayer centric games. I was going to get Friday The 13th, but was turned off that it's only multiplayer. However as I understand an update will be added for single player. Why this was never apart of it from the start I don't know. :/

-Mafia III was the first PS4 game I ever traded in and I don't regret it what so ever.

-For a short time I preferred Saints Row 2 to GTA IV only to realise I could never get into Saints Row 2 enough to actually finish it. I've beaten GTA IV 9 times. Go figure.

Agreed with all three. I did get back into multiplayer late last year, but quickly lost interest. I even cancelled my Xbox Live Gold subscription; at the time it was to save on money for bills, but honestly I don't miss it at all.

As for Saints Row 2, hoo boy did I play the sh*t out of this game back in the day, and yes I did vastly prefer it to GTA IV. I very much agreed with the camp that claimed that it was the better game by far. But over time, while SR2's appeal wore off on me, GTA IV just kept growing and growing on me. Now I honestly haven't touched SR2 in years, and every once in a while I throw on GTA IV just to get a taste of Liberty City. Then again, part of it may be because I'm just plain sick of SR2. I played it so damn much (like I logged at least 200 hours into it) that it just grew really stale, and even years later, when I try to get back into it, I quickly get bored and turn it off. It's a really good game, but I just can't play it anymore.

American Venom

Some more...

Agreed with all three. I did get back into multiplayer late last year, but quickly lost interest. I even cancelled my Xbox Live Gold subscription; at the time it was to save on money for bills, but honestly I don't miss it at all.

As for Saints Row 2, hoo boy did I play the sh*t out of this game back in the day, and yes I did vastly prefer it to GTA IV. I very much agreed with the camp that claimed that it was the better game by far. But over time, while SR2's appeal wore off on me, GTA IV just kept growing and growing on me. Now I honestly haven't touched SR2 in years, and every once in a while I throw on GTA IV just to get a taste of Liberty City. Then again, part of it may be because I'm just plain sick of SR2. I played it so damn much (like I logged at least 200 hours into it) that it just grew really stale, and even years later, when I try to get back into it, I quickly get bored and turn it off. It's a really good game, but I just can't play it anymore.

For me it was new game hype which lasted about two...three weeks. Can't remember exactly. Granted it's still a good game, but it's one of those games I like to pick up every now and then just to mess around with rather than go through a play through a dozen or so times.

luisniko

I would play Saints Row 2 dozens of times if the graphic, the character creator engine, the physics was like Saints Row IV and comes with spontaneous Survival Mode missions to accept during free roam, which was and is still fun in SR3 end-game.

woggleman

I enjoyed Saints Row 2 and 3 but they are nowhere near as good as IV.

American Venom

Some more...

Game it's a kickstarter founded project, i guess it's hard to program a competent AI. (For the counselors that is) Apparently game is buggy as of now, which is a shame because it looks very interesting.

Honestly you should get it, i think this bias against multiplayer games can stop you from enjoying games under a new light, sure you might bump into one or two Jasons blasting rap music and telling you they banged your fat mom, but there's the option to mute/block other players and some actual mature people in online gaming.

Somehow I skipped this post. Sorry about that,.

I should probably state that it's not that I'm against multiplayer in general. Just games that are built only to be played in multiplayer. The premise of a Friday the 13th game is awesome to me being a big fan of the franchise, but I was somewhat disheartened to find out that it was a multiplayer only game.

However like I said the developers are patching a single player component later on so I'll just wait until then and when the bugs and glitches are ironed out.

Neon_Dreaming

I'm crap at most racing games, weirdly I was pretty good at the helicopter racing in Gtao. Rare to get a full lobby but when it happened I usually did pretty well.

I dig out my copy of F-Zero GX about twice a year to tackle the story mode, some day I will finish it, it's very difficult. If you've never played F-Zero GX you should give it a go, it's a great game, the sense of speed is crazy when you first play it, it's aged well too. Great soundtrack also.

I always regretted trading in my copy of Wind Waker with the bonus disc which contained Ocarina of Time, I would love to give Ocarina of Time a go again.

B Dawg

I'm not a gamer by any means. The only reason I play a game is because you can drive in it. If I can't drive it's not for me. The only exceptions are Sim City.

You can drive in Sim City 4 :p (with one of those expansion packs)

chronic lumbago

Got another one. I'll shamelessly scratch a closed wound: As weird as it sounds, I think GTA V itself gets too much hate from some people. I'm not talking about issues like GTAO's shady shark card business, no singleplayer DLC and the other issues as I agree with those myself.

GTAV's singleplayer is really damn well done. R* invented the breathtakingly living and realistic open world formula in GTA IV and almost mastered it in GTA V. The level of detail in Los Santos is something that hasn't been topped by any other open world game so far.

Watch Dogs 2's SF was really close, maybe even on par with GTAV. I personally think Los Santos is better because of the new first person perspective. Nonetheless, both cities feel almost like a real life trip to america when exploring.

I avoid the GTAV section because people find reasons to bitch and moan about the smallest things. There are shortcomings but they don't take away from the whole picture. It's a shame people are disappointed for having just three clothing shops for example and not appreciate what's there.

Also the story was alright. The last missions could have been better and there could have been a better antagonist but that did not make the story bad. They took the risk of having 3 main protags and it didn't quite pay off but at least they tried to do something fresh. I think the story was fun. Not quite the best story ever but it was fine.

woggleman

Got another one. I'll shamelessly scratch a closed wound: As weird as it sounds, I think GTA V itself gets too much hate from some people. I'm not talking about issues like GTAO's shady shark card business, no singleplayer DLC and the other issues as I agree with those myself.

GTAV's singleplayer is really damn well done. R* invented the breathtakingly living and realistic open world formula in GTA IV and almost mastered it in GTA V. The level of detail in Los Santos is something that hasn't been topped by any other open world game so far.

Watch Dogs 2's SF was really close, maybe even on par with GTAV. I personally think Los Santos is better because of the new first person perspective. Nonetheless, both cities feel almost like a real life trip to america when exploring.

I avoid the GTAV section because people find reasons to bitch and moan about the smallest things. There are shortcomings but they don't take away from the whole picture. It's a shame people are disappointed for having just three clothing shops for example and not appreciate what's there.

Also the story was alright. The last missions could have been better and there could have been a better antagonist but that did not make the story bad. They took the risk of having 3 main protags and it didn't quite pay off but at least they tried to do something fresh. I think the story was fun. Not quite the best story ever but it was fine.

I agree here. V has it's flaws but it's far from the atrocity some people on this forum act like it is. Get your flame suit on though.

Evil empire

Even if it's totally useless IRL I'm always very happy when I earn a lot of money in a game like the GTA's or the Elder Scrolls.

When I'm doing a vigilante submission and the reward becomes something like 500 000$ for a level I feel proud and even more motivated to continue even if I know I'll never do anything with this money in the game.

dowNii

i cry a lot when i saw old videos of me and my ex-teamates playing combat arms / SA-MP.