4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

SonOfLiberty

Your gaming confessions

SonOfLiberty
54 minutes ago, xXPinguXx said:

whoa, hey, keep your pants on lad, lol.  As much as I love VC, I can't deny that most things in GTA V were done better or introduced. 😛

Only the advancements of technology my friend.😉

Son of Zeus

I could never get into Skyrim or The Witcher 3. Gwent is a cool mini game though.

jpm1

the first resident evil hunter used to get me terrified each time. the kind you jump behind your bed, and hide 😄

State of decay 1 juggernauts were a joke to me. i even chased them across the land to fight them. while most of the community were terrified by these. in fact it was super easy. provoke, dodge, hit..

in Fighter bomber Amiga game i never shot down not even one fighter. that game was out of that world in term of difficulty

El Penguin Bobo
Posted (edited)

I've recently played the Mafia 3 demo, and I kinda enjoyed it. I've only experienced one bug, and it was the lighting issues. Maybe I've been a bit too hard on it...Graphics are what I remembered it though, complete dogsh*t.

The story is kinda interesting too. I probably won't get the full game unless if it goes on sale though.

Edited by El Penguin Bobo

Sanches

TF2 Pyro was a great concept of a character, but ruined by community. His (?) behaviour was maniac like before Meet The Pyro trailer and now 90% of workshop items are making him (?) look girly and childish, completely trashing the previous maniacal appearence.

Billy Russo

I enjoyed the first Watch Dogs.

I still don't know why people hate it so much, aside from the downgrades. I thought Aiden Pearce was a cool character, I thought the hacking was cool, I liked the Chicago map, I loved the rainy and dark atmosphere. 

Very underrated game.

SonOfLiberty
7 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

I enjoyed the first Watch Dogs.

I still don't know why people hate it so much, aside from the downgrades. I thought Aiden Pearce was a cool character, I thought the hacking was cool, I liked the Chicago map, I loved the rainy and dark atmosphere. 

Very underrated game.

The only thing about it is I thought the hacking was way too simplified considering it was the main selling point of the game. I think the system should've been more intricate and involved than a simple one button push. Other than that I liked Chicago.

Billy Russo
8 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

The only thing about it is I thought the hacking was way too simplified considering it was the main selling point of the game. I think the system should've been more intricate and involved than a simple one button push. Other than that I liked Chicago.

I think that's the downside to all the pre-release hype it got. They should have spent a bit longer on the game, and making the Hacking more of a focus. It seemed to me they were rushing it because of the PS4 coming out.

jpm1

i realized i have another confession to make. but that one i'm so ashamed of it i don't know if i should make it public. i never drank any Redbull while playing a video game. actually i never drank a redbull in my entire life

Ertan Soner
12 hours ago, jpm1 said:

i realized i have another confession to make. but that one i'm so ashamed of it i don't know if i should make it public. i never drank any Redbull while playing a video game. actually i never drank a redbull in my entire life

There is nothing wrong with that.

hei3enberg
15 hours ago, jpm1 said:

Try Red Bull cola if you can get it, nice stuff and if you're not into enegry drinks. Rare, though.

hei3enberg
On 5/11/2019 at 8:11 AM, SonOfLiberty said:

Only the advancements of technology my friend.😉 

It's also your perception too, because you was younger and the life was different. I've tried playing EFLC recently and my opinion of the game changed dramatically, because I've realized that the good feelings were actually driven by the memories, not the game itself. In 2019 it felt clunky, poorly optimized and graphically mediocre, while in my memory it was the best game I've ever played, no joking about it. The truth is, in 2010 it was true and it's sometimes better to keep the memories of the game instead of playing it again. I can almost guarantee that you will be disappointed after playing VC in 2019 or at least you won't experience the same feelings you've had back in years and that will disturb you. I'm not writing it for the sake of an argument, but more as a friendly warning based on a recent personal experience.

Billy Russo

As much as I like older games, I can't play them anymore because the graphics legitimately bother me. I've got to a point where I expect too much from Graphics, I wish I didn't.

SonOfLiberty
18 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

It's also your perception too, because you was younger and the life was different. I've tried playing EFLC recently and my opinion of the game changed dramatically, because I've realized that the good feelings were actually driven by the memories, not the game itself. In 2019 it felt clunky, poorly optimized and graphically mediocre, while in my memory it was the best game I've ever played, no joking about it. The truth is, in 2010 it was true and it's sometimes better to keep the memories of the game instead of playing it again. I can almost guarantee that you will be disappointed after playing VC in 2019 or at least you won't experience the same feelings you've had back in years and that will disturb you. I'm not writing it for the sake of an argument, but more as a friendly warning based on a recent personal experience.

I still play Vice City from time to time actually and I have to disagree. Of course on a technical level it's dated, but I can still have fun playing it which I don't with GTA V anymore. Obviously those old "feelings" wont be the same because I'm 33 now compared to being 16 when I first played it.

hei3enberg
1 hour ago, SonOfLiberty said:

I still play Vice City from time to time actually and I have to disagree. Of course on a technical level it's dated, but I can still have fun playing it which I don't with GTA V anymore.

The you're much happier than I am. I've tried several old games and to me they look and feel so obsolete that I only resort to the memories of playing them instead of actually playing them. I don't have fun with V anymore either, but after playing LSC/VCS I am sure that these things are dead to me.

Sanches
On 6/3/2019 at 1:51 PM, hei3enberg said:

I've tried several old games and to me they look and feel so obsolete that I only resort to the memories of playing them instead of actually playing them

This is the thing i've felt when i came back to Battlefield 2 some years ago. I remembered this game as the best FPS with a huge variety to offer. When i came back, i've encountered an endless grenade spam and terrible weapon accuracy.

Billy Russo

I've never played Final Fantasy, and from what I've seen it doesn't appeal to me at all.