3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

American Venom

Your gaming confessions

American Venom

Personally I think Mafia III's biggest problem is Hangar 13 tried way too hard to make it too much like a GTA game which is something that the first two games didn't do. Even though I bought it again hoping it would rekindle my interest I still never finished it. Even the DLC was lackluster (They created a whole new part of the map and it's useless after the conclusion of Faster, Baby).

It's still top notch when it comes to soundtrack, dialogue and cutscenes, but I hope the next Mafia game remembers its roots a bit more.

Sinner!
On 9/19/2018 at 1:00 AM, xXxRyanxXx said:

Personally I think Mafia III's biggest problem is Hangar 13 tried way too hard to make it too much like a GTA game which is something that the first two games didn't do. Even though I bought it again hoping it would rekindle my interest I still never finished it. Even the DLC was lackluster (They created a whole new part of the map and it's useless after the conclusion of Faster, Baby).

It's still top notch when it comes to soundtrack, dialogue and cutscenes, but I hope the next Mafia game remembers its roots a bit more.

Also, it's highly predictable, overrated, pulpy, & soapbox revenge narrative did not fit the vibe of the series at all.

It's an alright game as a standalone game, but an awful Mafia game.

It also annoyed me how they messed with the very well-executed ending in Mafia II, they should have left it alone.

I actually did finish it, but the novelty soon wore off after a few weeks. Mafia II, on the other hand, I have completed four times & I have just started a new playthrough. :cool:

American Venom
28 minutes ago, Sinner! said:

Also, it's highly predictable, overrated, pulpy, & soapbox revenge narrative did not fit the vibe of the series at all.

It's an alright game as a standalone game, but an awful Mafia game.

It also annoyed me how they messed with the very well-executed ending in Mafia II, they should have left it alone.

I actually did finish it, but the novelty soon wore off after a few weeks. Mafia II, on the other hand, I have completed four times & I have just started a new playthrough. :cool:

Mafia II remains my favourite Mafia game. I know it divided people, but atleast it didn't try to pretend it was something it wasn't.

ellis3246

i honestly think saying blockland is dead in 2018 is a insult to almost every old game people still play

American Venom

I may have already said this somewhere in the thread, but even though I'm not into sports (besides motorsport) I love playing games like Madden, FIFA, NBA 2K etc. I actually just bought MLB The Show 18 for the PS4 and I think the last time I played a baseball game was way back when I first got a PS2.

It's not like I watch them on TV (Mostly because I don't live in America obviously and can't go to them in person 😛), but it's still pretty strange lol. Admittedly I love playing these games for their franchise/GM modes as I've always been that type of person. The games are fun however. I'm just not an avid watcher of the real life thing.

woggleman

When I game I like gets slammed online I let it get to me way too much.

Sinner!

Saints Row 2 was the peak of the Saints Row Series & one of the finest games of its generation that upstaged even GTA in many ways.

I mostly hated the writing & characters in RDR II outside of Micah and Hosea. I actually skipped the gross little epilogue right at the end as I was so disgusted at the cringy & unbearably corny ending...pretty repulsive stuff from Rockstars writing team.

FemmeFatale

I'm pretty much retired from gaming now, I haven't played anything in a year, and I don't feel any desire to do so anymore. The ONLY game that will make me briefly come out of retirement is Bully II. And no, I never cared for RDR2, and I sure as hell don't care for a GTA VI.

HockeyMike24

I played the entire story of RDR for the first time a month before Red Dead 2 came out. But I used to play the multiplayer religiously. 

FearThoseWhoFearHim
Posted (edited)

GTA is not the same as those old days, I was trying to play some months ago but I failed.

N64, NES, etc... old games still remain.

Edited by FearThoseWhoFearHim

Laker23
On 12/18/2018 at 3:50 AM, Miamivicecity said:

I may have already said this somewhere in the thread, but even though I'm not into sports (besides motorsport) I love playing games like Madden, FIFA, NBA 2K etc. I actually just bought MLB The Show 18 for the PS4 and I think the last time I played a baseball game was way back when I first got a PS2.

It's not like I watch them on TV (Mostly because I don't live in America obviously and can't go to them in person 😛), but it's still pretty strange lol. Admittedly I love playing these games for their franchise/GM modes as I've always been that type of person. The games are fun however. I'm just not an avid watcher of the real life thing.

Funnily enough I'm actually the opposite nowadays. I love watching sports, football (soccer) and the NBA in particular, and while I used to love playing FIFA and 2K back in the day I find myself not caring about them now.

I would still happily play 2K for the 'MyCareer' mode if it wasn't such a chore to level your character. Those games have got really disgusting with micro transactions over the past few years.

One game I still love however is Football Manager. I don't play it anymore as I just don't have the time, but man countless hours were lost going down that rabbit hole in the past. Those games are so detailed about managing every aspect of your team that once you get started it's hard to dig yourself out of there!

Ertan Soner
Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2019 at 7:49 AM, FemmeFatale said:

I'm pretty much retired from gaming now, I haven't played anything in a year, and I don't feel any desire to do so anymore. The ONLY game that will make me briefly come out of retirement is Bully II. And no, I never cared for RDR2, and I sure as hell don't care for a GTA VI.

You don't care for gta 6?Are you sure about that?

Edited by Ertan Soner
fix

trip
Posted (edited)
On 1/1/2019 at 11:49 PM, FemmeFatale said:

I'm convinced everyone takes a long gaming hiatus at some point in life.  It's probably an important thing to do even.   

I've never played Zelda.

E:

I have arcade machines in my house and there are no free games.  If you're out of quarters you have to buy them from the bucket.

*live shot

yQ7i3zX.jpg

Edited by trip

Arnold Stallone
Posted (edited)

With the exception of GTA I mainly play indie games now.

Some lesser known games that deserve more attention that I enjoyed recently and recommend are:

Phantom Doctrine: If you want a spy themed turned based game set in the 80s.

Insurgency Sandstorm: A shooter with IMO better gun play than COD,CS or Battlefield.

Kingdom Come deliverance: A middle ages themed RPG with realistic sword fighting and a beautiful open world map based on Bohemia.

Edited by Arnold Stallone

GrudgefromSanAndreas

TBH i think mystical fantasy RPGs, military sci-fi shooters and survival horror games might just be the most overrated genres, at least to me

Femme Fatale

I actually liked Hsu Hao and Stryker tbh.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

I'm usually not interested in stories in video games, i care more about humour tbh. Which is why Worms and GTA are my favourite franchises 😛

THEGTAGUY4

I don't hate Fortnite,i think it's a solid game,not the best ever nor the worst. (Hate incoming)

Despite its problems i enjoyed BO4 more than the last 5 COD games.

I don't hate BFV. I think it's mediocre and one of the Worst Battlefields but I don't consider it as a bad game.

Zelda is good but not the best game ever.

GrudgefromSanAndreas

I'm not really a fan of motion capture animations in games, in most games they seem ugly and dont appeal to me, be it old games like GTASA or new ones like GTAV, Watch Dogs etc. That doesnt stop me from playing the good and awesome games tho 😛

lewiz6235

I'd say it was a tad bit embarrassing to never progress past the first actual level in Dark Souls, mainly because I never figured out how to use the currency there and where to level up. Indeed, many games I enjoy and even excel in that are tough or challenging, but Dark Souls didn't leave the best impression on me, but not for the reasons one may have initially thought of.

Sinner!

GTA 2 & GoldenEye are my favourite games released in the 90s.

Sanches

So i used to play a bit of CS 1.6 when i was a kid. The thing is, that i loved to explore maps, not to do PvP. So i somehow got a map (which appears to be called de_survivor) and there was a river you could fall into. There was a hurt trigger in the water, so you started to lose HP whenever you touch the water and THIS icon would pop up:

Ch0xWyN.png

Do i need to add that i was terrified of this thing? And years later i realised it was a gasmask icon, cut from original Half-Life hazardous icons. No idea why it popped out in CS whatsoever.

Edited by Sanches
Today i like gasmasks