Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,953 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Algonquin Assassin

Your gaming confessions

PoeticWhisper

I don't understand what is so great about Overwatch. Like, I understand people think the characters are cool, but the game itself is just boring to me. It has a pretty decent skill ceiling that punishes new players, especially now that everyone who plays on a regular basis is already super good at the game. Perhaps I just don't have the will power to put in enough time to master a character, but I just don't enjoy the gameplay loop enough to want to do that. Lootboxes and skins aren't enough to keep me playing, and unless you're super competitive the game feels very hollow.

I also have seen a lot of people clamoring for a Modern Warfare 2 Remastered. MW2 was IMO a horrible game. Super buggy, noobtube/killstreak spam, MLG quickscoping idiots and cheaters galore. It was a broken game. But that seems to be what people loved about it. But with a remaster they're just gonna fix that stuff. So the game people seem to want isn't gonna be there anymore. The only thing it will retain is it's decent/good map design.

KilnerLUFC

I also have seen a lot of people clamoring for a Modern Warfare 2 Remastered. MW2 was IMO a horrible game. Super buggy, noobtube/killstreak spam, MLG quickscoping idiots and cheaters galore. It was a broken game. But that seems to be what people loved about it. But with a remaster they're just gonna fix that stuff. So the game people seem to want isn't gonna be there anymore. The only thing it will retain is it's decent/good map design.

But how can you get rid of a thing that wasn't even down to the game, but the players themselves? The stuff you describe about MW2 MP only seemed to become such a major problem towards the end of it's cycle, where every day would see you enter a hacked lobby, or spending your time constantly dodging falling grenades. To me it was just a fad that everyone else wanted to perfect, mainly thanks to Youtubers who posted montages, and people just wanted to imitate it. Hell, even I went down a major period of only running around with the intervention, even on close-quarters maps, something felt really cool about pulling some of the shots off.

The game itself was fine.

jpm1

2 days ago i was in a titan delivering a medium warehouse. i switched to the map, to have an idea of how things were going in LS. when suddenly i realized i was flying real low. i finished in the water x). i don't really care as it's just a gme, but the saddest it's that with 2 more seconds, i would have probably been able to save the plane :)

PoeticWhisper

But how can you get rid of a thing that wasn't even down to the game, but the players themselves? The stuff you describe about MW2 MP only seemed to become such a major problem towards the end of it's cycle, where every day would see you enter a hacked lobby, or spending your time constantly dodging falling grenades. To me it was just a fad that everyone else wanted to perfect, mainly thanks to Youtubers who posted montages, and people just wanted to imitate it. Hell, even I went down a major period of only running around with the intervention, even on close-quarters maps, something felt really cool about pulling some of the shots off.

The game itself was fine.

I have to disagree. A lot of this stuff was prevelant throughout the games lifecycle and was never fixed. The only thing I remember being patched was the Model 1887 Akimbo Shotguns. Not the One Man Army, Noobtubes. Not the Scavengers refilling claymores and grenades. Not the abuse of tactical insertions. The game was broken. But I preface this again. That seems to be what the community loved about it. So remaking a multiplayer that was ultimately loved for being broken seems backwards from a game development standpoint. You leave that stuff in, and people will claim they just made a broken game. You take it out, and people will not like MW2, it's that simple.

Femme Fatale

For some reason, this Pokemon theme always reminded me of that one episode of Rugrats where Chuckie becomes Angelica's chauffeur.

Sinner!

Despite me having a fair share of complaints (especially from a narrative perspective) I thought Far Cry 5 was an enjoyable open-world experience with a visually gorgeous & atmospheric open-world which was leagues ahead of the other locations in the series prior, and it has a killer score & radio soundtrack to boot.

JayKed20
Posted (edited)

I used to play games with no sound on and the radio on in the background. 

I could never see myself going back to that again.

Edited by JayKed20

NeonDolphin
Posted (edited)

AC Rogue >>> AC4 Black Flag

Edited by NeonDolphin

Sinner!

GTA IV & Mafia II are the only games last gen I have completed more than three times. I have beating V more than three times, but that's last & current gen.

Also, this gen (which has been profoundly disappointing IMO) V is the only game I have completed more than once, though hopefully, RDR 2 will buck the trend.

purevil101

Playing Halo 4's campaign for the first time.  On Hard.   What a great game.  Can't believe I skipped this gem when it was released. 

Evil empire

Despite all the clues GTA 3 leaves about King Courtney I was sincerely surprised when I discovered his true intentions towards Claude in the last mission the yardie leader gives.

JayKed20

If I go over to someone else's house and play an Xbox, sometimes I press A when it tells me to press X because I'm more used to the PlayStation controller.

MyNameHere

I can't remember how I stop playing games.

DarksunDaFirst
Posted (edited)

Zombies suck.  I hate them.

No, I don't mean that they are a nuisance or that they're the primary reason why you die in zombie survival modes...

I hate zombie modes.  They are sooooooooo overdone.  I played Nazi Zombies in CoD WaW years ago...and thought that was the pinnacle.  Unless the game is offering something that is BEYOND just a zombie survival game, I really couldn't care less about it.  TLUO was a great exception (technically they're not zombies...but they're zombies).  It offered multiple types of antagonists as well as I really liked that.  The other zombie games I liked were Dead Nation - top - down arcadey shooter...good progression, and for a simple game it had some amazing graphics.  Lastly of course was Undead Nightmare, because RDR was so epic that even a zombie mode couldn't bring it down.  Nothing better than getting one of those special horses...I loved Pestilance myself because he looked so ghastly, and we nicknamed him "fartmop".  And I don't how big and tough you are...it's fun riding a Unicorn.

That's it.  That's my zombie list...all other zombie modes can below me.  Currently I've been playing CoD WWII (I'm not a big CoD player...I haven't bought one since BO2...and before that it was MW2....but when I do buy them, I play it out).  I admit that their zombie mode has a lot of "depth" to it with the class building and such, they have a bit of a story going on...but honestly, it's just the same old crap to me.  I tried playing it, and I want some of the recent uniforms they released lately and you need to play that mode to get them...but damn it is f*cking BORING.  Like every version before it and like it.

Zombies are just overdone.  They need to die...or undie...or whatever.  Just go back to sleep. 

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

Sanches

For the past 3 years i was returning to Far Cry 3. I've played it throught atleast once in 2017, 2016 and 2015. Can't understand what keeps me there.