2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Algonquin Assassin

Your gaming confessions

Tokasmoka

I have a horrible sense of direction. When I play games like Skyrim I get lost for minutes in caves trying to backtrack and find my way out. If it weren't for in-game maps I'd be hopeless.

Kiffster

Scarface was the best GTA clone before Saints Row 2 came along imo. They nailed it if you ask me. It even had a good story, a what if scenario that managed to take a new spin on the classic movie.

Customizing your villa, great soundtrack, city to take over, drug business, many good locations.. it was a great licenced game, a diamond in the pile of sh*t called PS2 movie license games. I haven't played any of the games you mentioned besides KOTOR though.

Blade Runner was and still is the absolute best game based on a movie imo. Looks and sounds exactly like the original movie (even though they didn't use Vangelis), excellent story that takes place at exactly the same time as the movie, and it even featured some of the original actors to voice their characters in the game. No other game has done it better, although Alien Isolation did come pretty close for it's atmosphere and 80s sci-fi tech. The game is not for everyone though because it is a point and clicker like Indiana Jones (which is also an absolute classic for someone like me who grew up playing adventure games).

Hot Pursuit

I always wish there was time where videogame graphic stop evolving. So you can play every latest videogame without needing to upgrade your PC

As a PC gamer, I always wanted to play most new videogames. Like Assassin's Creed Origins, Watch Dogs 2, and Mafia III but due my PC being not very good, I still can't play them. And I still can't upgrade my PC

Am Shaegar

So true. The increasing demand for stunning visuals needs to stop at some point. There are still many players who really can't afford a PC that can run these modern games at optimum settings. A lot of these open world games don't different much in terms of gameplay and content either. So, what's the point in upgrading the PC? Graphics? Nah...

Femme Fatale

I think the Tomb Raider games suck.

Leftist Bastard

I always wish there was time where videogame graphic stop evolving. So you can play every latest videogame without needing to upgrade your PC

As a PC gamer, I always wanted to play most new videogames. Like Assassin's Creed Origins, Watch Dogs 2, and Mafia III but due my PC being not very good, I still can't play them. And I still can't upgrade my PC

So true. The increasing demand for stunning visuals needs to stop at some point. There are still many players who really can't afford a PC that can run these modern games at optimum settings. A lot of these open world games don't different much in terms of gameplay and content either. So, what's the point in upgrading the PC? Graphics? Nah...

i mean...just buy a console?

PCs are great but if you don't want to deal with upkeep they're really not for you.

Algonquin Assassin

On average Ive been buying atleast one game (sometimes more) every two weeks since last April. I reckon Ive bought atleast 30 in that amount of time. Most of them are digital games when theres been a deal on the PS and Xbox store.

I rarely buy full priced games anymore unless its something Ive been waiting for. I guess its not the worst habit to have, but Im always fairly strict with my money anyway and will only buy when I know I can afford it.

The only thing is I havent finished most of them. So many great games to finish. Not enough time to.:(

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

2017 was definetly my most expensive gaming year ever, excluding console purchases because I didn't buy any. Bought a 100 euro Nacon Revolution controller though.

I must have bought like 5-6 full priced games and 5-6 or more for half price+ or so. Bought a bunch of digital games too, but only if they're on sale.

I don't even want to start counting how many games I played and how much it cost me in total. Do I feel guilty? Maybe a little, but it's better than some other habits I had in the past.

I feel regret for cheating my final Bloodborne boss fight. I completed the entire game alone, with no easy tactics or cheap ways to beat bosses. I needed a small tip here and there but I think everyone needed tips on their first game in this gerne.

I beat the last boss using coop and he went down in one try. I kinda regret it.

Edited by fashion

Algonquin Assassin

I feel regret for cheating my final Bloodborne boss fight. I completed the entire game alone, with no easy tactics or cheap ways to beat bosses. I needed a small tip here and there but I think everyone needed tips on their first game in this gerne.

I actually bought Bloodborne recently. I've never played a Dark Souls game which I know it shares similarities with, but how hard would you say Bloodborne is? Like hard that a lot of it comes down to luck, trial and error or so hard it makes you want to pull you hair out, smash your controller and never want to play the game again?

I only played it for a little bit as there as some other games I want to finish first because I get the feeling it's the type of game you'd really need to focus on to get the most out of it.

thatstupidbug

it's weird, but i'm in my late (very late) 20s and I just recentrly discovered sonic, thanks to generation (and fell in love with the game). It's my first sonic game, and I basically loved everything about it.

Then I tried Unleashed ps2, and i still had tons of fun (except the wherehog, and the slippery night controls, and the werehog running animation. and the collectibles, and... ok, HALF of it was fun)

But where do i go from here?

Colors and Lost World are off-limits (i don't have a wii)

Unleashed ps3... more werehog and moon/sun medals? oh, please!!!

Forces... i'm reading bad things about it

And (this is another big confession) i'm just not a 2D player, I found them boring, no matter the quality... so even mania isn't for me.

I guess i just have to wait another good boost game. At least I feel like the rest of the fanbase, now...

Edited by thatstupidbug

@AA: it's very hard. For starters, it took me over a year to finish it because I couldn't get the hang of it and got very frustrated with it. It was a digital purchase too so I couldn't trade it. I f*cking hated it and thought people love it because of some stupid elitist gamer syndrome.

I tried it maybe 5-6 times over the year but never got far. Couldn't even reach the first boss. Every time I fished it from my backlog, I played it for a few hours, got into rage mode and removed it from my HDD again.

Actually, I finished it not too long ago. Dunno what got into me but I kept looking at the games I bought and never finished and saw bloodborne again. Played it, tried to give it a more serious try considering how stats work, how items and leveling really work, grind if I have to. And I made it.

Once I beat the first boss, I couldn't let go of this game and had to finish it and I did. That first boss changed everything, pushed me to finish the game. I realized why people like these games so much and started to absolutely love it too.

I think my 100+ hours in AC Origins helped me a lot too because of the somewhat similar dodge and attack system.

So it's a hard game indeed and you're going to die a lot but that's fine. You need to learn how this game feels by simply practicing. Saw Cleaver is the best starter weapon I think. Never got far with the other weapons on my failed attempts to get into it.

I can't tell if co-op makes it much easier because I only used it for the final boss. Think it's more satisfying to play alone though.

Edited by fashion

Corndawg93

I cheesed the Darker Side level on Super Mario Odyssey using the frog glitch

I also exploited the Crushing difficulty trophy on Uncharted 4

Ka1o3d

I replayed Mass Effect Trilogy about 30 times.

Algonquin Assassin

@AA: it's very hard. For starters, it took me over a year to finish it because I couldn't get the hang of it and got very frustrated with it. It was a digital purchase too so I couldn't trade it. I f*cking hated it and thought people love it because of some stupid elitist gamer syndrome.

I tried it maybe 5-6 times over the year but never got far. Couldn't even reach the first boss. Every time I fished it from my backlog, I played it for a few hours, got into rage mode and removed it from my HDD again.

Actually, I finished it not too long ago. Dunno what got into me but I kept looking at the games I bought and never finished and saw bloodborne again. Played it, tried to give it a more serious try considering how stats work, how items and leveling really work, grind if I have to. And I made it.

Once I beat the first boss, I couldn't let go of this game and had to finish it and I did. That first boss changed everything, pushed me to finish the game. I realized why people like these games so much and started to absolutely love it too.

I think my 100+ hours in AC Origins helped me a lot too because of the somewhat similar dodge and attack system.

So it's a hard game indeed and you're going to die a lot but that's fine. You need to learn how this game feels by simply practicing. Saw Cleaver is the best starter weapon I think. Never got far with the other weapons on my failed attempts to get into it.

I can't tell if co-op makes it much easier because I only used it for the final boss. Think it's more satisfying to play alone though.

That’s what I thought. Thanks for describing though.

Sanches

I got a strange habbit in open world games. I always want to reach the highest point game allows you.
Most memoriable were Dying Light and Far Cry 3.

Leftist Bastard

On average Ive been buying atleast one game (sometimes more) every two weeks since last April. I reckon Ive bought atleast 30 in that amount of time. Most of them are digital games when theres been a deal on the PS and Xbox store.

I rarely buy full priced games anymore unless its something Ive been waiting for. I guess its not the worst habit to have, but Im always fairly strict with my money anyway and will only buy when I know I can afford it.

The only thing is I havent finished most of them. So many great games to finish. Not enough time to. :(

it's fair. it'll get you a while to get into the swing of things but the further you push in the easier it gets

Kyoto

I started on 6th gen almost 12 years ago and to this day I've never used a cheat code before.

luisniko

I actually bought Bloodborne recently. I've never played a Dark Souls game which I know it shares similarities with, but how hard would you say Bloodborne is? Like hard that a lot of it comes down to luck, trial and error or so hard it makes you want to pull you hair out, smash your controller and never want to play the game again?

It will and if you feel that, that means you need to use the moment to learn to control your frustration and anger. Think about it, when you played Super Mario Bros or Contra back in the day, you couldn't complete it in one-shot, right?

Trial and error is what the game is all about. You lost, you come back, you try again with something else in mind.

The game is 80% your experience and 20% your stats. Yes, you will find annoying cheap moves now and then, so I guess luck is also a factor in the game although you definitely can overcome it.

I f*cking hated it and thought people love it because of some stupid elitist gamer syndrome.

^ This guy isn't wrong either. Soulsborne is a den of e-peen elitism bullsh*t. Probably you have read people voting on BB and DS3 being the easiest game while real Souls pros play DS1, which the claim will be argued again by pro-DS2 people. As someone who play the games backwards, I can assure you that's a big pile of bullsh*t. So don't feel bad if you will have a rough time starting in BB, you're just inexperienced - that's all. After you played BB, the moment you step into DS2 or 3, you wouldn't have as rough time as when you had with BB, although there will be things you will need to re-adapt, this doesn't mean the other game you just stepped in to be easier than BB.

Gummy 

I had my PS4 for almost 2 years now and I have an underwhelming 3 games library.

Leftist Bastard

The first Souls game you play is always the most difficult and they become subsequently easier. And as much as people don't want to admit it Dark Souls 1 was much cheaper in its design and unfair, which translates into more artificial difficulty.

Yelda

- My first console was a old, gray Game Boy. I got it for christmas. Today I play on PC and PS4Pro, sometimes on my XBox360.

- My favorite game of all time is RDR and I bought my XBox just for this game. RDR2 will played on PS4Pro and 4K TV and I can´t wait :D

- I never played GTA V. My last one was IV. I tried to have fun, but I'm sick of it after playing GTA III, VC and SA. Maybe I'll give the game a chance someday and buy it but so far I have no interest in it.

- The game where I scared the most was Resident Evil on PSI. Since then I hate zombies. I played TLOU just for the story and yes I admit, I really had to overcome myself, but it was worth it :D

- I never understood why some want to "use" whores in a game and I never did

Edited by Yelda

luisniko

- My actual first game machine given to me was Game Boy Pocket. With a 'hundreds in one' cartridge. lol.

- Before that, there was Nintendo Famicom

- I saved money during high school and bought a PSP. Parents found out shortly after. They were angry and asked me where I got the money from.

- There was some sort of 'I claim this title' thing with my brother when it comes to games. So for example, GTA and Harvest Moon were mine. Final Fantasy and Tenchu were his. But of course he broke that rule himself when he played Pokemon and Monster Rancher, which were my 'findings'. This 'rule' luckily didn't last long.

Algonquin Assassin

- The game where I scared the most was Resident Evil on PSI. Since then I hate zombies. I played TLOU just for the story and yes I admit, I really had to overcome myself, but it was worth it :D

As I said in my OP it was Resident Evil 2 that petrified me as a youngster, but zombies dont phase me at all now.

What freaks me out are games like Outlast where the only thing you can really do is run and hide. Thats way creepier than zombies IMO.

Rykjeklut

-I've never owned any Nintendo products

-I don't like Zelda.

-Or pokemon.

-I hate Final Fantasy and those type of turn-based combat games.

-My first console was PS1

-I've bought my last two consoles (360 and PS4) based on how the controllers felt in my hand.

-Never played any Total War game on higher difficulty than normal, and I've played all of them.

-Never played any multiplayer game before GTAO came out.

-I gave up on The Last of Us within the first two hours because of the horrible camera Naughty Dog insists on.

-Also Uncharted. Bah.

-I smashed my latest controller yesterday.

-I've bought GTA V 3 times, the first time was the Deluxe edition.

Edited by Rykjeklut

ProKiller93

played csgo again after 8 months now i know why i stopped playing back then

90% connection issues and waiting 10% gameplay lol

TheOneLibertonian

I've been playing the first Watch Dogs for about a week now once again, and it's a lot better than what I initially felt at post release. It's got it's problems for sure, but I found many good aspects of it that I really enjoy. The setting of Chicago is extremely well done and full of life. It's a rarity these days that a video game city actually feels gloomy and dangerous. It creates a unique feel that everything in the city is connected through ctOS and you learn more about the whole city through your fingertips. Also, the atmosphere and overall tone is surprisingly mature and dark. Only GTA IV, and Mafia comes to mind that matches WD1 in tone. The side missions and mini-games are really fun too, especially the digital trips. Alone is tense and challenging, exploiting the AI can gain you the upper hand within this game mode, plus you get a cool outfit too. Lastly, the stealth and combat is quite interesting as well. Being stealthy actually feels satisfying and rewards the player significantly during missions, and shootouts in general can actually feel intense and relying upon cover is essential.

However, I find the story and Aiden Pearce a mixed bag though. Aiden as a character is one-dimensional and lacks character development through out the story. He is still the same person at the beginning of the game to the finale. He's also generic as a Batman-type vigilante with a raspy, gravelly voice. That's not saying it's bad, it's just done before and to be frank, Ubisoft didn't really utilized the character as well as they could have. I really did not care nor grab onto the character. The story on the other hand while interesting and generally hooks the player, it lacks solid pacing. Parts of the game just drags on and on, especially during the Bedbug and Defalt's subplots of the story. The game could easily shorten them and can still remain most of the story without any major problems. The villains are great in this game. Lucky Quinn is creepy, sociopathic and powerful. You really feel how much of a bastard this old man is. Damien is a major asshole and a pain in the ass, giving Aiden cryptic messages and sarcastic remarks, but he is an fascinating character as he shares Aiden's pain by wanting revenge, but unlike Aiden he does it in a extremely bitter way.

Last but not least, it is definitely one of the better GTA-clones and it creates a very distinctive and different experience by not trying to be like GTA, but by being it's own thing. With GTA, every game feels like a epic journey of criminal life in a big metropolis. Watch Dogs is rather more personal and smaller scale, but it has mature, cyberpunk-like elements that immediately feels separate to GTA. I think the game aged quite well and the game's theme of postmodernism and manipulation of media remains more relevant than ever before. Of course it just came out almost 4 years ago, but playing it now gave me newfound appreciation for the game. It's not as good as GTA IV or even GTA V, but it is a very solid game for sure.

Leftist Bastard

Quinn's final confrontation was the game's one genuinely brilliant scene.

trip

I'm just now getting around to properly playing Sleeping Dogs.

This is probably my 4th go. Every other attempt I stopped right after the gun tutorial sequence.

I can't believe it took me so long...game is f*cking great.

Sanches
Posted (edited)

About a year ago i wanted to revisit Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising (i was playing it a lot back in a days, probably my first FPS) to see how things are there now. But i forgot my CD-key to activate a game on my new PC. You know, it was problematic enough to find an old disc, but finding a box from it would be a lot harder, considering that i don't even remember that we had a box from this disc, but a paper package.
So anyway, i e-mailed devs and explained them my situation. They actually checked my account info and sent me my CD-key. Kudos for them!

So after logging in the game, i also wanted to check my account inbox. I recall some dude i was playing with and there was some messages from him. The worst thing, is that all this time he thought that i was a chick, since i wrote "female" sex in my profile, because of my low english knowledge. What a thing to find out after so many years!
Lol, i was feeling so ashamed.

Edited by Sanches

gilby

My confession? I have a more-than-decent PC often don't feel like getting involved with something big and time consuming (like GTA) and just end up starting up a new Hidden Object or Match 3 game instead.