4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

HalfOfAKebab

Unpopular Opinion Thread

LorshZontek
On 12/20/2018 at 9:10 PM, American Venom said:

-It doesn't capture the 90s anywhere near as good as Vice City does for the 80s and GTA III does for the early 00s. The only time it felt like the 90s was during the riot part that mimicked the 1992 L.A riots.

-I never saw the point of having so many safehouses when they were really just the same handful of interiors copied & pasted over and over again.

-Madd Dogg's crib sucks compared to Vercetti Estate. CJ just feels like a squatter rather something he earned himself.

-Bicycle physics are horrendous.

-The Big Smoke "Follow The Damn Train" memes aren't funny anymore and it's annoying how people think they are even when 2019 is just around the corner.

what about big smokes order and yeah the follow the danm train memes arent that funny anymore the mission is quite easy after you played the game multiple times 

Son of Zeus
On Fri Dec 21 2018 at 8:40 AM, American Venom said:

-It doesn't capture the 90s anywhere near as good as Vice City does for the 80s and GTA III does for the early 00s. The only time it felt like the 90s was during the riot part that mimicked the 1992 L.A riots.

-I never saw the point of having so many safehouses when they were really just the same handful of interiors copied & pasted over and over again.

-Madd Dogg's crib sucks compared to Vercetti Estate. CJ just feels like a squatter rather something he earned himself.

-Bicycle physics are horrendous.

-The Big Smoke "Follow The Damn Train" memes aren't funny anymore and it's annoying how people think they are even when 2019 is just around the corner.

You clear out the Madd Dogg mansion of all the other gangsters that had occupied it,  so CJ does earn it. 

American Venom
2 hours ago, Son of Zeus said:

You clear out the Madd Dogg mansion of all the other gangsters that had occupied it,  so CJ does earn it. 

I didn't say he doesn't earn it, but it doesn't "feel" like he does. Atleast in Tommy's case he actually killed the owner and took ownership of the entire estate basically immediately. Madd Dogg's Crib isn't given to CJ until much later on in the game and is still called "Madd Dogg's Crib" so yeah he does FEEL like a squatter in someone else's home.

lil weasel
On 12/20/2018 at 10:10 PM, American Venom said:

--I never saw the point of having so many safehouses when they were really just the same handful of interiors copied & pasted over and over again.

The Safe Houses are useful, 1) as save points. 2) for getting rid of Want Stars, by changing a shirt, then resuming the game (like in  Vigilante )

Son of Zeus
8 hours ago, American Venom said:

I didn't say he doesn't earn it, but it doesn't "feel" like he does. Atleast in Tommy's case he actually killed the owner and took ownership of the entire estate basically immediately. Madd Dogg's Crib isn't given to CJ until much later on in the game and is still called "Madd Dogg's Crib" so yeah he does FEEL like a squatter in someone else's home.

Well Madd Dogg is his friend so he gifts it to CJ for his help. I see it as Madd Dogg's gift that CJ can use whenever he wants. Of course very different to Tommy killing Diaz who was an enemy and taking the mansion and changing its name. 

Edited by Son of Zeus

American Venom
5 hours ago, Son of Zeus said:

Well Madd Dogg is his friend so he gifts it to CJ for his help. I see it as Madd Dogg's gift that CJ can use whenever he wants. Of course very different to Tommy killing Diaz who was an enemy and taking the mansion and changing its name. 

Whether it's different really doesn't change my point and infact proves it. In Vice City Tommy earns his estate by force and in San Andreas CJ's gifted one on a silver platter. The former approach is much more rewarding to me.

Anyway moving on..

-Las Venturas is the best city. San Fierro's just dull and Los Santos isn't very interesting outside of the ghetto areas. 

-Pulaski is a far better antagonist than Tenpenny. 

-The ped interaction is really a cheesy gimmick to create the illusion of "immersion", but isn't done very well. 

-All the clothing looks tacky as f*ck. Necklaces, pendants etc look like they're painted on and very few clothes look decent. 

Son of Zeus
5 hours ago, American Venom said:

Whether it's different really doesn't change my point and infact proves it. In Vice City Tommy earns his estate by force and in San Andreas CJ's gifted one on a silver platter. The former approach is much more rewarding to me.

CJ's given the mansion because he leads a team and clears the drug dealers out. It does feel earned,  so 'gifted on a silver platter' doesn't really make sense. It isn't like he's given it for free one random day. As for changing the name it isn't that big of a deal. 

Tommy changing the name makes sense since Diaz was dead. 

Edited by Son of Zeus

American Venom
10 minutes ago, Son of Zeus said:

CJ's given the mansion because he leads a team and clears the drug dealers out. It does feel earned,  so 'gifted on a silver platter' doesn't really make sense. It isn't like he's given it for free one random day. As for changing the name it isn't that big of a deal. 

Tommy changing the name makes sense since Diaz was dead. 

We're just going to have to agree to disagree otherwise it's going to go around in a loop. I'm not budging and my opinion still stands. Vercetti Estate > Madd Dogg's Crib.

Son of Zeus
1 minute ago, American Venom said:

We're just going to have to agree to disagree otherwise it's going to going around in a loop. I'm not budging. 

Hmm your argument is a bit strange though. Since you do take Dogg's Crib by force too. But OK. 

LorshZontek
17 hours ago, Son of Zeus said:

Hmm your argument is a bit strange though. Since you do take Dogg's Crib by force too. But OK. 

tommy and carl take it by force actually 

Billy Russo

I enjoyed Zero's missions.

I used to be in the camp that hated them, but now I've gotten older and replayed the game. I appreciate the uniqueness of the missions more.

LorshZontek
10 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

I used to be in the camp that hated them, but now I've gotten older and replayed the game. I appreciate the uniqueness of the missions more.

They are definitely unique i just hate how difficult they are  

Son of Zeus
13 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

Same here haha. I used to absolutely hate them,  but now that I'm used to the controls I enjoy them. They're nice side missions. They're definitely easier than VC's RC missions. 

Edited by Son of Zeus

Evil empire

If  that junky rubbish crappy Supply lines piece of $hit didn't exist I would like Zero's missions.

Mäx Waynë
8 hours ago, Evil empire said:

If  that junky rubbish crappy Supply lines piece of $hit didn't exist I would like Zero's missions.

That's what I thought too, but after getting used to it, it's pretty easy and fun .

wfank

Cesar seems popular with people. But I fkin hate him, his stupid car dance and car race missions, particular the mission hijack where I can easily steal the car myself if I was just allowed to kill the driver, but no I have to wait for the idiot Mexican bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbeeeech to jump. People might love him and think hes cool, but missions involving him (not the ones he is only in cut scene) are some of  the worst. His character is also lame and naive. WISH I COULD JUST KILL HIM !

Lioshenka
On 2/1/2019 at 5:39 PM, Evil empire said:

How is Supply Line a difficult mission? I could never understand it. I remember people complaining for years, and the explanation was that it's made easier on a PC (I failed it a few times, because R* have changed all the controls from VC, but after I re-assigned them I passed it). Anyway, last Sunday I was doing that mission on PS2 - I'm sorry, but it's a piece of cake. I got shot by the bike driver 3 times, then one time shot by the van driver, then I completed the mission but accidentally pressed self-destruct button as I was reversing into the landing spot (I know). But then got it from like 5th time. There was literally nothing about this mission that would make it seem difficult to me.

Now, Air Raid was a bloody hard mission. I must have tried it 30 times if not more. Spent one evening trying to beat it, left for a few weeks, then attempted again last Sunday and spent probably 4-5 game days trying to beat it. Damn thing was near impossible.

Edited by Lioshenka

American Venom

-Ped interaction is really dull and uninteresting. I don't care what some random fool thinks about the clothes I'm wearing or how I smell. 

-Money becomes just as useless as it does as in any GTA game. Even more so more considering how exploitable gambling is and things aren't as expensive as they should be. 

-Las Venturas is the best city by far. San Fierro's boring and Los Santos is overrated.

Jeansowaty

I never understood why people always wanted the talking with peds to come back. I find it useless and unrealistic, I mean, who the heck would randomly tell you "you dress like sh*t" while going down the street?

Lioshenka
3 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

I never understood why people always wanted the talking with peds to come back. I find it useless and unrealistic, I mean, who the heck would randomly tell you "you dress like sh*t" while going down the street? 

You'd think it couldn't sink any lower, but in GTA5 any time you talk to a ped they call police. Drives me nuts!

Edited by Lioshenka

American Venom
5 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

That's why I find it silly.

In real life I don't get people commenting on the clothes I wear lol. It really doesn't make it feel more "immersive" either since most people in real life mind their own business anyway. 

watersgta3
6 hours ago, Jeansowaty said:

You'd be surprised what strangers would say to a civilian walking around the streets.

wfank

SA would be just as amazing if it was only the first part and last part (Big Smoke to Green Saber) + (Homecoming to end of The Lines) both in L os Santos, has the best missions and activities. in the middle you have to do horrible flying missions. but there are good stuffs like Truth's jobs,  (Black Project is my all time most fav mission), Woozie missions in SF and later 4 Dragon Casion jobs in LV , and all. But the first and last part consistently had one good mission after another and also the introduction of gang wars after Doberman , my most fav feature (sadly if you take over all territories the feature ends for good as you wipe out all Ballas and Vagos). All you have to do is come up with explanation of how to get Sweet released and Ryder taken care. Now my fantasy:

In Green Saber after Sweet tells CJ to run for it, CJ does but only after killing of the Ballas and makining sure help arives for Sweet, who is arrested but safe from Ballas and the traitors, and CJ goes hiding hiding with Cesar and Kendle in Red County. Hilltop Farm looks like a good spot for a base. Assume the area is not under CRASH's surveillance (they have a manhunt on CJ). They are soon joined by some loyal Aztecas and GSF members, who disguise in civilian cloth. They build an army and operate to take their enemies down. Ryder has a bigger role here and taking him down is a key goal. Everything including Hernandez and Pulaski's deaths happens withing LS, SF and LV characters dont show except Truth, who suppose comes to visit Hilltop Farm and is befriended (say CJ and Truth starts some weed business there). And CJ remains close friends with OG Loc, he stays loyal to GSF and actually supplies news of whats going on back in main part of LS and he actually improves his singing and takes the same role Madd Dog did (unrealistic, but possible compared to many aspects of gaming world....) With that fast fast forward to the altered Homecoming, Sweet is busted out of prison, and then remaining portion intact, they go to Ganton and retake it just like in original story. And the rest is just the way it was. So hears my way, with only Green Saber and Homecoming changed and stuffs between them all within LS but as long as the main story just more actions instead of stupid flying and racing. Before Green Saber and after Homecoming everything is intact, except cut throat business, which is replaced by some stuff where you cement OG's place even more and and cut scenes playing just omit characters that have been excluded from LS and LC except Truth and OG takes over Madd Dog's place. So yeah, for me personally it would be cool 😎 ....

Bryce Montrose

There are some of clothes that looks bigger than CJ's body, like the biker jacket, it's looks bigger, and the biker boots also looks bigger than CJ's legs, most of CJ's clothes seemed to not fit his body

Bryce Montrose
On 2/11/2019 at 7:15 AM, American Venom said:

That's why I find it silly.

In real life I don't get people commenting on the clothes I wear lol. It really doesn't make it feel more "immersive" either since most people in real life mind their own business anyway. 

GTA is designed to look realistic, but the results are actually silly, Saints Row 2 is more realistic than GTA, because If I'm not wrong there are peds who walk with walking stick in SR 2