2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

papa boyy

Destiny 2

Sir Michael

If anybody on PC is interested, the beta comes out August 28. Bungie also released the specs, but these may change for the final game:

https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/27/16053000/destiny-2-beta-pc-release-date-hardware-specifications

Recommended Spec

CPU

Intel - Core i5-2400

AMD - Ryzen R5 1600X

GPU

Nvidia - GeForce GTX 970

AMD - Radeon R9 390

RAM

8GB

Minimum Spec

CPU

Intel - Core i3-3250

AMD - FX-4350

GPU

Nvidia - GeForce GTX 660 2GB

AMD - Radeon HD 7850 2GB

RAM

6GB

Never played the first game due to meh reviews and the MMO aspect of it but right now I have a good internet connection and I've been thinking of getting this. Everything the first game did wrong seems to be fixed and I'm eager to play a Bungie game on a PS4. Used to be a massive Halo fan until 343 took over and after the disaster called Halo 4 (imo), I switched sides to Sony.

Think I go with Destiny 2, if the reviews are good, buy Origins in October and maaaaaybe NFS Payback and call it a year. Destiny looks like the kind of game I could play for months.

Since it's a Bungie title, the fans will bitch and moan about the smallest things and look back with rose tinted glasses at the last game, like the old traditions say. I won't listen too much to community feedback before buying, unless it's something big.

Edited by fashion

LiangHuBBB

I changed my opinion

for some reason Im actually lookin forward to D2 although I disliked the first one

ShadowPerson

FOR THE PUPPIES!

zoso80

I bought the first one as part of my white PS4 bundle.

Hardly even played it. This doesn't look appealing either.

At least there is some background now. The original game, was like 'here, one earth city left, no real back story and go fight these guys.'

I changed my opinion

for some reason Im actually lookin forward to D2 although I disliked the first one

Setzaroth

Started a multi-platform clan if anyone is interested. (I play on PC) We've also got a discord that'll be used once the game launches.

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2115028

Edited by Setzaroth

Mister Pink

Surprised this topic isn't bustling. I thought Destiny 2 was a big release and I know a lot of my Xbox buddies are playing it.

I wasn't too keen on Destiny but bought the original for €10 to give it a go. Really enjoying it. Kind of wished I hopped on the train sooner.

HaRdSTyLe_83

Surprised this topic isn't bustling. I thought Destiny 2 was a big release and I know a lot of my Xbox buddies are playing it.

I wasn't too keen on Destiny but bought the original for €10 to give it a go. Really enjoying it. Kind of wished I hopped on the train sooner.

probably still waiting for it to be released on Pc, they delayed the pc launch expecting people to jump on the bandwagon with Ps/xbox but there is no point in playing a new title in a old console

Mister Pink

We're all too busy leveling our characters to post here. There are just too many great improvements over the first game to list. I'm really enjoying it.

http://xboxclips.com/Voodoo+C9/1da3ffe6-9a6f-4453-8aa2-fd8db8a0e2e1

D'oh!

That's good news. I'm kind of trying to avoid too much info on the new one because I'll probably pick it up this fall and I wasn't sure what the consensus was. I heard the original Destiny get a lot of flak but so far I'm really enjoying. Could be I was really looking for a game like this and I'm not playing tonnes of shooters. It's a welcome break from Skyrim and the wastelands of Fallout.

@video: Sickner, lol

Edited by Mister Pink

Voodoo

If you're just getting into D1 now, you're starting off after most of those annoying things about it were fixed. It's a much better experience now than it was at launch. If you end up with D2 on the bone, let us know and we'll party up. A bunch of us have it.

Mister Pink

Makes sense. Think there was like 32gb of updates? That sounds good man. Will do.

trip

I'm really enjoying the game too.

I never bothered paying attention to the lore when playing D1, but in this game I know everyone's name...I care to know the enimies names - in the last game they were the robot guys and the shadowy guys, etc.

Mister Pink

I never bothered paying attention to the lore when playing D1, but in this game I know everyone's name...I care to know the enimies names - in the last game they were the robot guys and the shadowy guys, etc.

Yeah the story is vague and lacking in the original game. I read that Bungie put together a 2 and half hour edit of the cut-scenes as a part of the development cycle to see how the story looks. Apparently it was too campy and Bungie didn't like it. They re-did the story one year before release. One year seems very short when I think the game was made over 3 years or more. I'm playing it now like the "story" is a just a stepping stepping stone to contextualize the the gameplay. However I'm often wondering what the game could have been if there was rich and well developed story. Story of Destiny, eh?

I find the game quite addicting. The whole leveling up thing is like a one-armed bandit. I just want keep going. The environments and worlds are beautiful. I think Venus and fighting the Vex has been my favourite so far.

I'm going to power on with the original and maybe get D2 just before Christmas. Hopefully some XBL buddies are still playing by then because although I've briefly played with 2 others online, it was really f*cking cool. Two of us in particular just had each others backs, reviving each other and being cool.

trip

Hopefully some XBL buddies are still playing by then because although I've briefly played with 2 others online, it was really f*cking cool. Two of us in particular just had each others backs, reviving each other and being cool.

I'll still be playing. I'm slow.

Heck, I only have one character and he still hasn't hit 260 light. I'd love to take advantage of the extra XP weekend (or however long they are giving) but I'll never be able to manage more than one character.

Static

Yeah the story is vague and lacking in the original game. I read that Bungie put together a 2 and half hour edit of the cut-scenes as a part of the development cycle to see how the story looks. Apparently it was too campy and Bungie didn't like it. They re-did the story one year before release. One year seems very short when I think the game was made over 3 years or more. I'm playing it now like the "story" is a just a stepping stepping stone to contextualize the the gameplay. However I'm often wondering what the game could have been if there was rich and well developed story. Story of Destiny, eh?

It was much worse than just a simple story rewrite, whole portions of the game were cut. Here's some insight to what could've been and why it wasn't.

Reddit AMA from Bungie employee

Edited by Static

Voodoo

I've briefly played with 2 others online, it was really f*cking cool. Two of us in particular just had each others backs, reviving each other and being cool.

The cooperative style is a big part of what makes the game so enjoyable, IMO. That, and the loot.

Mister Pink

Trip, Sweet man, I'm the same but might blast through this one so I can move on to D2 :D

@Static: Thanks for the link man. I'm always interested about this kind of stuff, going to give it a read now.

@Voodoo: Yeah, I was really looking for some co-op game that would click with me and when I bought Destiny, I was just craving some good future-sci-fi action. When I actually got to co-op it was a real highlight. Good all-rounder for me! :D Just need to get my mic replaced now. Fecking head-set part of it broke. Might try tape it up because I'm more broke than Greece right now.

trip

Mr. Pink,

You can blow through the D1 story pretty quick. Heck, you can blow through the D2 story pretty quick too.

I'm really starting to like these shared world games. And since it is a relatively new genre with D2 being the latest entry; They did a fantastic job. Traveling around on a patrol or adventure and taking part in a public event along the way is all sorts of fun. There seems to always be something going on, lots of life and it is all nice and seamless.

Zoobz

Enjoying it quite a bit so far. Managed to reach 300 and 303 on 2 characters so far. Need to start the 3rd at some point.

The Leviathan raid was fun, going in blind trying to figure out all the different strats for all the encounters. Only finished it once so far. Continuing a second run later.

Not a fan out the new trials, 4 player matches. Preferred the 3 player ones. But I think this one is different. The "actual" trials are coming later.

Managed to go flawless and got to this really cool area. In spoiler if you don't want to see.

J2dpxSG.png

bZxUUUs.png

Laker23

Great game, so much better than the original.

Having done just about everything, Trials is my worst experience. Countdown is a garbage mode, it might be slightly more bearable once survival comes around next week.

Mister Pink

I think I'm going to get D2 sooner than I thought. Not sure if I should get the DLC for the original if I can just put it towards the new one?

Also, laughed so hard when I heard Lance Reddick's voice.

Zoobz

Yeah Mister Pink, not sure it's worth buying the D1 DLC. Doubt you'll find many people to do the extra content. If you want the story etc. maybe watch youtube vids. D2 is a lot better than D1, overall so far.

Managed to get time to do a second raid run. Got through it in 2 hours now, pretty straight forward with a good team.

Loved this shot the first time, but forgot to get a screen cap.

VQ2F6by.png

Also, went back to the trails spire to get another shot.

95li7vi.png

Horsey!

bgBNUQr.png

Yeah, I wish this game had a photo mode.

LiangHuBBB

AJ rated this game 6/10? hm...

Mister Pink

Zoobz, cool man. Think I'll skip the DLC and put the money towards getting D2 sooner.Also sweet screenshots. I love a game that makes me stop and take screenshots. I've changed my background about 5 times this week playing D1. I also need to buy a damn new X1 controller. The LB button just broke on me. The actual plastic bit inside the controller that attaches the LB button to to the base controller just snapped! Bizarre! Never had that happen to me. Anyway, it's the only controller out of my 2 controllers that has the 3.5mm audiojack, so I can't use my headset til I get a new controller. :(

@Liang: I don't hold his opinion is high-regard. I dislike him; the way he tries to be funny and usually isn't in my book, his overly trimmed and neat beard and his 2005-looking semi-collarless leather jacket. OK, I these are ad-hominem attacks but I just can't stand the guy, I think he's disingenuous.

trip

Good going Zoobz. I'm pretty sure I saw you on and in the raid. Lastnight or the night before - I have a bad sense of time (and space).

I tried the raid with randoms(using find a game on xbox) and I got seriously embarrassed and couldn't simulate a network disconnection fast enough. Those guys were all sorts of serious.

If anyone sees me on and in D2 please feel free to join me (mic or not). I really want to knock the weekly nightfall strike off my milestone list.

XIFHqbT.jpg

Edited by trip

Jason

Sucks the PC version is a month behind, having to avoid all the spoilery discussions for the game. Good to see people still enjoying it even after they've started to hit the grind though.

trip

Quick story:

I've got a lot of stuff going on at work; both political and technical. My head could be in a better space. I just have to accept a couple of weeks of mental distractions and what have ya. I've been doing my job for 20 some years so I'm used to these odd times of mental distraction.

Anyway I took yesterday off. During my time at home alone I jammed in a bunch of D2 hours.

(Here's the story part)

I started a strike mission with randoms. I do that alot. The problem is I forgot I started a strike mission. I was playing along thinking I was just doing a solo adventure...or whatever the hell my stressed out head was telling me.

So I was playing along. I'd take breaks and go to the bathroom. Take a break to take the dogs out back. Take a break to get a snack.

At one point I was like "holy sh*t this is a strike". It was at the final scene of the strike.

After the strike ended I got a msg from one of the randoms from the strike team.

"You're a burden. You f*cking suck".

Mister Pink

Haha, did you respond to him? I'm sure he would understand you didn't realize you were co-oping. The beauty of seamless online/SP done well.

Edited by Mister Pink

Maxxi

Good day from Titan, Guardians!

qR5Yv8v.jpg