4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

V-Mods: Days of Rage's Past

Ash_735

Amazing piece, well done! ;)

I think RDR:V is probably one of the best total conversion projects I've seen. Especially because RDR's RAGE is so different from its successors, I had no idea we were already able to read meshes, textures and other such things. Also really looking forward to LC in V, for lack of an actual official remaster...

• Like 3

Great piece. Thanks for joining us to contribute, let's hope it's not the last time ;)

The singleplayer modding community definitely needs more spotlight. The technical work and craftmenship that goes into them is clear from the screenshots; there has obviously been controversy in the past and maybe some of the heads at R* don't like their games messed with too much, and for good reasons in some respects, but the singleplayer modding community has been at the heart of GTA for years. We've come along way huh? I mean how long have people begged for Red Dead Redemption on PC? It seems nothing short of a miracle that people will finally be able to experience the map on their computers, even those that get to experience it for the first time because they're PC-exclusive players, how cool would it be to re-live that feeling all over again? The graphics even look good enough to imagine the day we'll get that much anticipated Red Dead Redemption 2 news, especially that shot of John Marston.

Hats off to both teams, I'm sure I'm not alone when I say we're truly looking forward to seeing more of these mods.

This is by far, the BEST idea I've ever heard in this Era of Gaming. I can just imagine having to go through New Austin and West Elizabeth just to get into Liberty State, and the same if we are leaving Liberty City to get over to Los Santos. Keep this up, as this is going to Revolutionize and bring Redemption back to PC. This will be for the freedom and the Liberty of all players as well!

• Like 1

I just hope there is no rivalry involved. I really can't understand why people don't unite and do stuff together instead of doing something that the other team might have already done, thus wasting the time by doing the same thing twice. I mean reverse-engineering the file formats.

• Like 3

I just hope there is no rivalry involved. I really can't understand why people don't unite and do stuff together instead of doing something that the other team might have already done, thus wasting the time by doing the same thing twice. I mean reverse-engineering the file formats.

Why should be any? They both work for different goals. I would think about a rivalry if both aim for the same project. I'm pretty sure that they can share they own researchs to grow up parallelly.

I'm pretty eager to see LC in V as everyone. But I'm really impressed and curious to play RDR map as I had the chance to play that game just twice or thrice in my entire life. Either which of the two come first, I'm already making space in my drive and cleaning my V files. I hope to see news soon. Good work for both teams, and I hope the best for those actual and hopefully upcoming projects. Keep it up!

And yet custom maps are barely a thing.

But hey, it's sure a start. Especially with RDR for V.

Edited by universetwisters

And yet custom maps are barely a thing.

Shame people rather like to import ugly and not fitting vehicles from NFS or weapons from BF rather to do something more productive. I didn't even knew that you could create custom map for GTA V AND have NPCs placed around on it.

Edited by quxxo