4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA Online updates the Content Creator and adds the Hijak Ruston

Kirsty

It's that Tuesday feeling. With the Special Vehicle Circuits Event lasting up until Wednesday, we may have expected a little Red Dead Redemption 2 news today, but alas it wasn't to be...

First things first, an all new vehicle, the Hijak Ruston, was released to Legendary Motorsport today. It's so low it feels like you're gliding along the tarmac, and with it's open top you might want to don a helmet if you've just got your hair done. It costs a cool $430k, and in all honesty it does look a bit weird, but it's quirky looks are kind of appealing. I'll leave the people who are good at analysing vehicles to tell you how well it actually runs...

In the second and most useful part of today's update, the Content Creator community has been treated to a new catalogue to play with, paving the way for a lot more exciting stunt races with Special Vehicles.

• Included: new prop collection with hurdles, boosts refills, explosive crates, destructive walls and pretty lit (I mean literally lit up with lights, I'm not trying to sound young) disco tunnels.

Be sure to share your jobs in our Content Creator subforum under GTA Online.

6ON4kBg.pngGTAForums Discussion Topic

PIju4Jo.pngRockstar Newswire Post

Snapmatic by
vYHnb4K.jpg

Hmm, not sure how I feel about it. I'm not sure what it's trying to be. A super car? A tuner? Off-road buggy kinda thing?

Hmm, not sure how I feel about it. I'm not sure what it's trying to be. A super car? A tuner? Off-road buggy kinda thing?

Light-weight track car.

First thing that comes to mind is Suzuki GSX-R/4 and Lotus 2-Eleven. But it doesn't look like it's inspired by those at all. One thing for certain, Rockstar was stupid with the manufacturer choice. Fisker (Hijak) only made one car. If this is suppose to be based form the Lotus, the manufacturer should be Coil, seeing as that's the GTA Lotus and Tesla hybrid.

Edited by Yinepi

First thing that comes to mind is Suzuki GSX-R/4 and Lotus 2-Eleven. But it doesn't look like it's inspired by those at all. One thing for certain, Rockstar was stupid with the manufacturer choice. Fisker (Hijak) only made one car. If this is suppose to be based form the Lotus, the manufacturer should be Coil, seeing as that's the GTA Lotus and Tesla hybrid.

It's VUHL 05

vuhl-05-supercar-on-sale-uk-4.jpg

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Light-weight track car.

The performance is sh*tty though....god...i really wonder if rockstar will buff the thing...it needs it.

Light-weight track car.

The performance is sh*tty though....god...i really wonder if rockstar will buff the thing...it needs it.If they'd given it more downforce or remove it and have traction added via spoiler then it could competite with Top 10-15...
DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Light-weight track car.

The performance is sh*tty though....god...i really wonder if rockstar will buff the thing...it needs it.
If they'd given it more downforce or remove it and have traction added via spoiler then it could competite with Top 10-15...

Not bad....still not good enough tbh

This thing should be top 5 in the sport class with a total domination of any vehicle that is not a bike in the corners.

Or better, get hauled into the super car class and be in the top 5 in that class.

If they'd given it more downforce or remove it and have traction added via spoiler then it could competite with Top 10-15...

They can't really remove downforce and add traction via spoiler as that not how handling calculations works in GTAV ... they can try replicate effect though by lowering <fInitialDragCoeff value= and increasing both <fTractionCurveMax value= and <fTractionCurveMin value= values.

To give sharper corning they need also increase <fSteeringLock value= too. A value of 42.000000 would likely suffice, as majority of cars have around 35.000000-40.000000 default. (Lower settings equals wider turns)

Thanks for the info about what car it is. Never heard of it before. Manufacturer choice still annoys me, but I guess Rockstar just too lazy to create new manufacturer for it?

Edited by Yinepi

Guys, can you stop quoting so many nested quotes? I don't want to keep getting notifications about this, since they're not even directed at me :p.

They can't really remove downforce and add traction via spoiler as that not how handling calculations works in GTAV ... they can try replicate effect though by lowering <fInitialDragCoeff value= and increasing both <fTractionCurveMax value= and <fTractionCurveMin value= values.

To give sharper corning they need also increase <fSteeringLock value= too. A value of 42.000000 would likely suffice, as majority of cars have around 35.000000-40.000000 default. (Lower settings equals wider turns)

I'm not a handling expert, but what about fDownforceModifier?

When I changed it to the 2.5 on the GP1 and removed it completely from the Ruston. It added back traction for spoilers (I think).

I'm not a handling expert, but what about fDownforceModifier?

When I changed it to the 2.5 on the GP1 and removed it completely from the Ruston. It added back traction for spoilers (I think).

I'm not familar with how it effects the game physics calculations. I usually just use my above method as only very small few cars even have that downforce value.

Edited by Yinepi