Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,850 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Domand

Which storyline moment is most unrealistic?

raebbitos

How after Uncle Vlad, Faustin finds out that it was Roman and Niko who killed Vlad, even if you kill everyone at the bar.

well, vlad probably informed his higher ups about the "peasent" that's doing his gimp work and his cousin wich ows him money so they probably had suspicions

Algonquin Assassin

How after Uncle Vlad, Faustin finds out that it was Roman and Niko who killed Vlad, even if you kill everyone at the bar.

well, vlad probably informed his higher ups about the "peasent" that's doing his gimp work and his cousin wich ows him money so they probably had suspicions

Also Andrei was one of his goons ordered by Dimitri to track them down. Plus given Roman’s paranoid state after the murder he probably blabbed.

raebbitos

yeah Roman doesn't exactly blend in especially given his explosive and paranoid personality so it was easy for a career criminal to track him down

Edited by raebbitos

straightupmenace

The execution of Billy is most unrealistic moment. It should be just opposite.

The way he's killed(gunshot to the head), or Johnny and the gang breaking into his prison to kill him?

probably this

why the f*ck did johnny and co unironically decide it was a good idea to break into a f*cking maximum security prison, that i'm pretty sure had a sh*t ton of security cameras all around, not wear anything to prevent themselves from being identified like a mask or some sh*t, then execute billy right in front of the cameras. how the f*ck is he not arrested at this point

of course TLAD doesn't get any critcism for this like TBOGT and V do because its "gritty and bikers are cool man!!! lol xd"

yeah well he does have stubbs who is a congressman ,so that maaaaay have a liiiiiittle influence on the incident.

there are cameras all over the place, and all of their footage would be used as evidence against johnny in a court. i imagine it would be incredibly difficult if not impossible in those circumstances to get johnny out of jail time

Edited by straightupmenace

SanLiberty

In the mission ''That Special Someone'', Darko's death is the most unrealistic moment in the story because you shoot him 12 f*cking times and when you shoot him like 9 times he's still alive. Then, Niko doesn't even reload even though if you use deagle, that gun doesn't have that much ammo loaded.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

If we talk sense, ALL GAMES ARE UNREALISTIC, not only GTA 4.

Johnny Spaz
On 5/24/2018 at 11:12 AM, SanLiberty said:

In the mission ''That Special Someone'', Darko's death is the most unrealistic moment in the story because you shoot him 12 f*cking times and when you shoot him like 9 times he's still alive. Then, Niko doesn't even reload even though if you use deagle, that gun doesn't have that much ammo loaded.

I always figured he was smacked out on heroin so that's why he died a Scarface death

Hmmm nice bike
On 11/22/2017 at 3:15 PM, straightupmenace said:

there are cameras all over the place, and all of their footage would be used as evidence against johnny in a court.

This is pretty much what makes every modern GTA unrealistic. No way Niko or any of them would get away with half the sh*t they do out in the open and in public areas in real life, it's all bound to be on camera. Especially in the mission "Final Interview," where we see a point of view from a security camera that Niko sticks his face right into.

u5pPKav.png

On top of that, his real name was used in the fake résumé and for the entire interview. It's as if he and Francis were trying to get him sent to prison.

Tycek

Don't forget one detail - Niko officially wasn't even in the US at the time, since he literally jumped the ship. His real name doesn't mean much in this case as his last known location would be some port in Europe.

Cheatz/Trickz

Niko has a profile on the LCPD database though (as well as a conviction in 2008 for GTA) so he is known to be in the city. 

Hmmm nice bike

That is true regarding Niko's status in the US, but like @Cheatz/Trickz mentioned, him being in the police database indicates that he was eventually known to authorities at some point. Plus, realistically, that picture from the security camera would be all over the news and someone would be bound to recognize him (other than the internet café attendant who I think shouts "sh*t, it's that guy from the news!" if you point a gun at him).

Crossbones

Three leaf clover. Although I love this mission very much but it's kinda unrealistic. It's a big bank robbery and they go in without a lot of planning. I would have loved if there were little preparation missions just like in V. 

Tycek

I guess there was a bit of planning on Gerry's end, but Niko was just a hired gun, so he didn't have much opportunity to give his input about the heist. Just imagine Chef planning one of heists in GTA V. 

Lock n' Stock
Posted (edited)

To be honest, the entire game isn't as realistic as people like to give credit for. Niko kills hundreds (if not thousands) throughout the game story including LCPD officers, and somehow he gets off scott-free by the end? Then again, this IS Liberty City we're talking about. And besides, if a game was to take realism too far then it wouldn't be any fun.

TBOGT on the other hand, THAT had some major bullsh*t in it from beginning to end. Can't complain though, really.

Edited by Lock n' Stock

DirtCheap

The intro of the game when Hossan mentions getting a dog.

Good luck with that one dude, dogs basically don't exist in Liberty City.

Hmmm nice bike
11 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

TBOGT on the other hand, THAT had some major bullsh*t in it from beginning to end. Can't complain though, really.

I think the only way you could explain Niko getting away with killing probably hundreds of people is that the UL Paper guy probably started pulling some strings and ensured that Niko wouldn't be caught or arrested for anything, but this would only happen once Niko ended up on their radar (which actually might have been pretty early, given Michelle/Karen meeting him early in the game).

BOGT definitely didn't care as much about realism. If it was trying to be realistic, Luis would either be dead from that plane explosion at the end or dead from several STDs halfway through the game.

cristeo

Its a videogame, its not supposed to be realistic. You can play around with it

Legomanarthur

I just thought about this last night but the cutscene from "No Way on the Subway" has always bugged me when you know what happens literally minutes before in "Was It Worth It?"

I mean, Jim and Johnny are held at gunpoint by Ray, they get the upper hand, Jim cuts the throat of Ray's henchman in the basement and he's really pissed. Then Johnny and Jim flee the scene and five minutes later Niko arrives at Drusilla's and sees Ray and Phil talking like nothing happened. I wish R* had swapped that cutscene with the one from "Late Checkout" instead, maybe Ray would be arguing on the phone with Phil, then in the next mission they would be sitting at a table talking about taking out Isaac Roth. It would make more sense in my opinion.

Algonquin Assassin
On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:40 AM, Lock n' Stock said:

To be honest, the entire game isn't as realistic as people like to give credit for. Niko kills hundreds (if not thousands) throughout the game story including LCPD officers, and somehow he gets off scott-free by the end? Then again, this IS Liberty City we're talking about. And besides, if a game was to take realism too far then it wouldn't be any fun.

Niko can slip through the cracks though because he's not the leader of a criminal organisation the authorities can easily track down. In real life a guy like Niko would take years to convict because the evidence needed would be huge to link him to every crime.

Even throughout the game during news reports the authorities still don't know exactly who is. Only vague descriptions given by witnesses.

Son of Zeus
Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2018 at 10:28 AM, Hmmm nice bike said:

This is pretty much what makes every modern GTA unrealistic. No way Niko or any of them would get away with half the sh*t they do out in the open and in public areas in real life, it's all bound to be on camera. Especially in the mission "Final Interview," where we see a point of view from a security camera that Niko sticks his face right into.

u5pPKav.png

On top of that, his real name was used in the fake résumé and for the entire interview. It's as if he and Francis were trying to get him sent to prison.

I was like "Wtf are you doing idiot" at this moment. For a game so focussed on being as realistic as possible, this sure was a stupid moment. 

Another thing that comes to mind was Michelle's introduction. No way would a govt agent let things such as tags on furniture remain like that. I saw her betrayal coming miles away. Niko wasn't very bright.

Another thing: Hove Beach should have been a no-go zone after you get pushed out by Dimitri. His thugs should start chasing you. Like Ballas taking over Grove when you get exiled in SA. Or Madrazo's men when you get exiled in V.

Edited by Son of Zeus

Algonquin Assassin
3 hours ago, Son of Zeus said:

I was like "Wtf are you doing idiot" at this moment. For a game so focussed on being as realistic as possible, this sure was a stupid moment. 

Another thing that comes to mind was Michelle's introduction. No way would a govt agent let things such as tags on furniture remain like that. I saw her betrayal coming miles away. Niko wasn't very bright.

Another thing: Hove Beach should have been a no-go zone after you get pushed out by Dimitri. His thugs should start chasing you. Like Ballas taking over Grove when you get exiled in SA. Or Madrazo's men when you get exiled in V.

-Niko only uses his real name because it's what Francis puts on the fake resume and with the security camera what was he supposed to do? Put a mask on and look MORE suspicious? Think about it.

Since it was Francis pulling the strings there could countless reasons why being caught on camera didn't seem to be a concern for them. Maybe Francis had one of the security guards in his back pocket and ordered any incriminiting evidence of the crime to be destroyed. Maybe the security camera f*cked up and didn't record anything. It's all speculative of course, but it's interesting to think about.

-In regards to Michelle I believe Niko always suspected her that something wasn't quite right if you listen to some of their date conversations, but leaving tags on furniture doesn't mean it's something a gorvernment agent wouldn't do. Maybe she just didn't get around to taking them off? I've bought new furniture and overlooked tags left being on plenty of times. That doesn't make me an FBI agent hehe.

-I agree with this. I think someone said it in another thread (might've been Official General) around Hove Beach the Russians become slightly more aggressive after Dimtri's betrayal. Though I've never really taken much notice. Still it would've been cool if cars full of armed Russian thugs attacked Niko every now and then.

Anyway this is more to do with TLAD, but does anyone else find it kind of silly that despite being sworn enemies the AOD in free roam hardly ever show signs of aggression towards Johnny? Also the fact we use the AOD clubhouse for arm wresting that was torched in Action/Reaction has never made sense to me.

Utopianthumbs
4 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

Anyway this is more to do with TLAD, but does anyone else find it kind of silly that despite being sworn enemies the AOD in free roam hardly ever show signs of aggression towards Johnny? Also the fact we use the AOD clubhouse for arm wresting that was torched in Action/Reaction has never made sense to me

tbh i really felt bad for the AOD, it was the Lost or rather Billy who kept stirring sh*t up . Been a while since I played TLAD so memory is a bit hazy, but the AOD were never particularly antagonistic towards the Lost even in the story, I got the feeling they just wanted to be left alone. But Billy and his ego had to go break the truce and also destroy their clubhouse on the pretext of Jasons death to get the Heroin. Also iirc gang wars are always started by the Lost and not AOD ,unlike SA where sometimes Ballas and Vagos attack GSF territory. If R* wanted to make the AOD feel like sworn enemies they didn't do a great job of it imo, i almost sympathised with them(though maybe they were trying to show that Billy was the asshole in which case they succeeded all right)

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

Niko killing hundreds of people without dying😉

Anyways GTA 4 doesn't have many  unrealistic parts

The most unrealistic thing is the fact that Niko still keeps killing people after becoming rich enough despite he said he was gonna quit that sh*t. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Son of Zeus
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

-Niko only uses his real name because it's what Francis puts on the fake resume and with the security camera what was he supposed to do? Put a mask on and look MORE suspicious? Think about it.[/quote]

Niko should have asked Francis why he put his real name in there. Like a guy above said it was like Francis was trying to get him caught. Niko not caring about this certainly seems strange, given that he is an illegal who has committed multiple crimes up to that point. This mission should have had Niko using a fake name and wearing a wig or something to disguise himself. The way it is in the game is just poorly thought out and jarring. I wouldn't care if it was a 3d era game or even V, but IV was really focussed on realism.

-In regards to Michelle I believe Niko always suspected her that something wasn't quite right if you listen to some of their date conversations, but leaving tags on furniture doesn't mean it's something a gorvernment agent wouldn't do. Maybe she just didn't get around to taking them off? I've bought new furniture and overlooked tags left being on plenty of times. That doesn't make me an FBI agent hehe.[/quote]

I don't remember that mission exactly but Niko did sound surprised about the tags. Plus her questions were strange right off the bat. An agent would be less obvious.

Edited by Son of Zeus

Tao Cheng

The Revenge ending and killing Francis McReary.

Niko came to America for a better life between him and Roman.

Algonquin Assassin
12 hours ago, Son of Zeus said:

Niko should have asked Francis why he put his real name in there. Like a guy above said it was like Francis was trying to get him caught. Niko not caring about this certainly seems strange, given that he is an illegal who has committed multiple crimes up to that point. This mission should have had Niko using a fake name and wearing a wig or something to disguise himself. The way it is in the game is just poorly thought out and jarring. I wouldn't care if it was a 3d era game or even V, but IV was really focussed on realism.

A wig? lol. I don't think I'd be able to play through the mission without bursting into laughter. Way to kill the tension.

And if Francis really wanted him to get caught he would've busted Niko while he was in Bohan. 

testicle swapper

Niko climbing on that speeding truck loaded with heroin and managing to break into the truck and take it.

DirtCheap

Being real now, I never understood why Packie and Niko robbed the bank. It's just so sudden and only a phone call notifies you before you do the deed. Also, the lack of setup missions made it strange. I wouldn't have minded 1-2 setup mission(s) like Niko trying to find a suitable getaway car (it could be more in-depth like SA with the mission having some sort of dialogue and having Niko shoot down the current owner of the car and his backup) or something along the lines of that. I just find it unrealistic someone just decides to do a heist all of the sudden, with no preparation at all.

Regardless, Three Leaf Clover is still my favorite IV mission.

Penguin Bob
Posted (edited)

The Mr. and Mrs. Bellic cutscene. (Deal). Roman could have survived that shot. 

If you watch this scene very closely, you will see that Roman got hit somewhere in his leg. And it almost seems like that he didn't get shot at all.

Edited by Penguin Bob

Algonquin Assassin
7 hours ago, DirtCheap said:

Being real now, I never understood why Packie and Niko robbed the bank. It's just so sudden and only a phone call notifies you before you do the deed. Also, the lack of setup missions made it strange. I wouldn't have minded 1-2 setup mission(s) like Niko trying to find a suitable getaway car (it could be more in-depth like SA with the mission having some sort of dialogue and having Niko shoot down the current owner of the car and his backup) or something along the lines of that. I just find it unrealistic someone just decides to do a heist all of the sudden, with no preparation at all.

Regardless, Three Leaf Clover is still my favorite IV mission.

I've always viewed Niko's role similarly to Packie's in GTA V. He's just a crew member. Not a planner. Even watching the cutscene it's pretty clear it was planned before Niko got involved and was never intended to be apart of it which is why Gerry flips his sh*t over Niko's involvement. It's Packie's, Derrick's and Gerry's deal. Not Niko's.

I mean we already have to find a suitable getaway car anyway (A 4 door) so minus a shootout or whatever there isn't that much more in regards to planning that would change it. I dislike all of GTA V's planning missions because they feel like rudimentary "to do" tasks that only slow things down. Three Leaf Clover is brilliant because we view a heist from a different perspective from other heists in the series.