3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[WIP] GTA: Universe

11 hours ago, Krox said:

Our Projects name got changed to "Risky Miles" and we are highly looking for new Teammembers!
More information on our Discord Server

-snip-

When are yall gonna start having ingame pics instead of 3d renders?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, universetwisters said:

When are yall gonna start having ingame pics instead of 3d renders?

You can find those on our Discord Server. You can join and see some ingame pictures and even play on a part of the map already.

We will soon release a new update which expands the map massively. We are currently working on everything and I can assure you this was the last 3D render before the next huge update

5 minutes ago, Krox said:

You can find those on our Discord Server. You can join and see some ingame pictures and even play on a part of the map already.

We will soon release a new update which expands the map massively. We are currently working on everything and I can assure you this was the last 3D render before the next huge update

Why not post the ingame pics in the thread instead of 3d renders though?

1 minute ago, universetwisters said:

Why not post the ingame pics in the thread instead of 3d renders though?

The 3D Render is the latest picture of our current progress. The Ingame pictures are outdated and we are currently working on a next update. As soon as there is another ingame picture we will post it asap in here

Swoosh more activity in this? Man, I wanna say it looks amazing. 

The Risky Miles picture is a render or made in game? The Graphics look amazing, looks like the best graphics mod ever, NVR. Anyway, would love to help y'all but I got no skill in anything than doing some edits to vehicles and have some texture skill.

4 hours ago, ChenChanechi said:

Swoosh more activity in this? Man, I wanna say it looks amazing. 

The Risky Miles picture is a render or made in game? The Graphics look amazing, looks like the best graphics mod ever, NVR. Anyway, would love to help y'all but I got no skill in anything than doing some edits to vehicles and have some texture skill.

Its a render but I am sure it wont look much different ingame except that the area showed in the render is still WIP and is going to face some changes.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Any updates? Your team's work looks absolutely amazing, keep it up!

RiskyMilesFinished.png?width=1084&height

Thats AMAZING, dude!

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Midnight Hitman said:

Any updates? Your team's work looks absolutely amazing, keep it up!

Yes we are still progressing and the Map is getting bigger and bigger

• 3 months later...
On 1/19/2020 at 7:26 PM, Midnight Hitman said:

Any updates/screenshots?

I'm still amazed by the progress so far, you should get way, way more attention for this!

I have so much stuff going on right now that I barely have time to progress or even manage this Project. Also I am currently focussing on working on the Mile High Club Mod with Slick and I want to finish that first so I will not drown in projects. The only update I can give you is that this mod isnt dead and its still going to happen.

On 1/26/2020 at 11:41 PM, Chase2002 said:

Is Kirk in the Shed named after Captain Kirk from Star Trek, the American football player Kirk Cousins, or the famous actor Kirk Douglas?

none. Kirk In The Shed is just a parody of Jack in the box.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

the grand theft auto universe the map is only in united state or add new countries and the mod is manual install or automatic install of both 

• 1 month later...

It looks like it was already in the game

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2020 at 11:38 AM, HackMan128 said:

It looks like it was already in the game

Nah b they're all renders if you're talking about the recent pics

• 2 months later...

Hey there. Any updates? Looks awesome, maybe one of the most promising mods for GTA V I have seen so far. Keep it up!

Edited by Midnight Hitman
On 10/7/2020 at 6:34 PM, Midnight Hitman said:

Hey there. Any updates? Looks awesome, maybe one of the most promising mods for GTA V I have seen so far. Keep it up!

I checked their discord and they renamed it "Risky Miles"

sNtMQu.jpg

These were back in July?

wasttttt.PNG

Grand_Theft_Auto_V_26-05-18_15_54_06.png

But other than this, it seems like it's dead, at least if this being the last posted progress pic and nothing from @Krox are anything to go by.

Will there be LC from GTA IV?

• Like 1

@Midnight Hitman Regarding this mod no. GTA V seems too limited for a project like this. Limits werent cracked yet like navmesh and water boundaries etc.. 

Also as this was my first big scale project I did lots of mistakes thats why it took so long. But well we learned from it :)

Thats why we moved working on a project V can handle. And its finishing the Mile High Club

https://discord.gg/5uvZgk

This mod is in dev for some time now and we will release an early access version this december already.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Krox said:

@Midnight Hitman Regarding this mod no. GTA V seems too limited for a project like this. Limits werent cracked yet like navmesh and water boundaries etc.. 

Also as this was my first big scale project I did lots of mistakes thats why it took so long. But well we learned from it :)

Thats why we moved working on a project V can handle. And its finishing the Mile High Club

So....mod dead?

Idk why I saved this but it's sad to see another promising looking mod go by the wayside due to V's limitations.

kwF1HA.jpg

14 hours ago, universetwisters said:

So....mod dead?

Idk why I saved this but it's sad to see another promising looking mod go by the wayside due to V's limitations.

kwF1HA.jpg

Yes I used to be a very ambitious kid back then :D But I am still now. Mod isnt officially dead. After MHC I will still be around doing V mods. And I gathered lots of knowledge since I worked on Risky Miles. Used to make lots of mistakes but I am planning to give all this a second try with my todays knowledge and maybe we find some workarounds V limitations. Maybe even next gen release will increase most limits. I still want to work on this project.

• Like 2

@Krox

So you still work on Las Venturas and Bone County? Any pictures from "inside" Las Venturas? The screen I quoted above some time ago, that was awesome. Any insights? Because on your discord server there arent any. Would be great to see the process.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Midnight Hitman said:

So you still work on Las Venturas and Bone County? Any pictures from "inside" Las Venturas? The screen I quoted above some time ago, that was awesome. Any insights? Because on your discord ser

not much was done since then. So nothing new.

On 10/13/2020 at 11:08 PM, universetwisters said:

So....mod dead?

I was curious the other day why there isn't much big project on V's modding scene, like global mods and not just lousey conversions of Sa's old projects. Do you think it's the limitations, the problem here, mods started to get private, the complexity of it or is it because or Take2 policy?

I have been looking at Sa's modding scene and comparing it to V's, isn't crazy in less than a year we got Alien City while V's on the other hand it's been 5 years since the pc release and there hasn't been anything new except for conversions from other games.

Edited by CyberRock
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, CyberRock said:

I have been looking at Sa's modding scene and comparing it to V's, isn't crazy in less than a year we got Alien City while V's on the other hand it's been 5 years since the pc release and there hasn't been anything new except for conversions from other games.

Honestly I just don’t think people are creative enough anymore. The last “””””creative””””” mod I’ve seen were Shine O Vice and that 1991 thing, but can you really count them since they’re reusing most of the original map

16 hours ago, CyberRock said:

I was curious the other day why there isn't much big project on V's modding scene, like global mods and not just lousey conversions of Sa's old projects. Do you think it's the limitations, the problem here, mods started to get private, the complexity of it or is it because or Take2 policy?

V has a whole another level of quality you need to bring to make it look good ingame. Doing mods for San Andreas is way easier because you can get away with a lot of stuff. Also there arent any good tools to import models to V. Gims is very slow and Zmodeler is not the best program while for SA you can use 3ds max for everything.

• 5 months later...