3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[WIP|V] Red Dead Redemption V

Mr. Leisurewear

This was a map mod with additional custom scripts.

You think i did nothing usefull , i have written these past 3 years over 25000 lines of code just to get the files all in our custom tools.

I spend searching hundreds of google pages looking stuff up , and guess what i learned a sh*tton from this.

Hey bro, I know how it feels to scrap a project with years of work. It really sucks, but you still accomplished your goal. Be proud dudes. You ported the map. Even though the community can't play it, the effort is still greatly appreciated. We know the truth. :^:

If only it were up to the devs at R*. They probably liked it, trust me. The guys in the big black suits are the problem.

Definitely. The devs always enjoy seeing these projects and respect the fans' dedication. But the higher-ups at Rockstar are no better than the guys at T2. The Houser brothers are in darkness without the Benz and are likely the ones behind this shutdown. Edited by Deadly Target
  • Like 1

You know what I think the issue is here? They probably think it will be the whole game. Your trailer looked a lot like the real game. They probably think it would be the whole game, missions and everything.

Why not just release it right now as it is. That way they can see that it really is just conversion and that you can't just play through the whole game.

• Like 1

How about release the mod after the heat gone down.Ask a friend from a third world country to upload it so you guys won't get detected.Pokemon Prism which was shot down by Nintendo still got released by an unknown person and that person didn't get any kind of charges on him.

• Like 2

Like the dud above suggested. Why not stop the melodrama and just work on it behind the scenes, and then give the files to some Russian or BR to upload on libertycity.ru or whatever? 3 years is a lot, and just giving up like this shows that there is no will to get this out.

Edited by Guest

How about release the mod after the heat gone down.Ask a friend from a third world country to upload it so you guys won't get detected.Pokemon Prism which was shot down by Nintendo still got released by an unknown person and that person didn't get any kind of charges on him.

great publically saying it here it's not like this is a secret chat that everyone can't see

• Like 4

Why would i throw away 3 years of work ! , thats insane man :p

We could always try ...

Keep working "under the desk" you know what I mean dude, just keep it up. We all here for you :evilgrin:

EDIT: This post was originally a reply to Imperial Purity but it seems his post has been deleted.

Edited by Android

VWSTp.png

baguvix_wanrltw

Wow, great work assholes, you made it to front page news being a dick company.

tenor.gif

f*cking with mods, how low can you sink. Seriously. Get the stick out of your lawyers asses and remember where your community is.

Yes, I realize you guys are probably just trying to push your RDR1&2 PC bundle on people. Still, go f*ck yourselves, so, so much for this, even if i have waited a few years for it.

-snip-

f*cking with mods, how low can you sink. Seriously. Get the stick out of your lawyers asses and remember where your community is.

Yes, I realize you guys are probably just trying to push your RDR1&2 PC bundle on people. Still, go f*ck yourselves, so, so much for this, even if i have waited a few years for it.

Yes, I realize you guys are probably just trying to push your RDR1&2 PC bundle on people.

Plot Twist: It happens.

Edited by BlackScout

baguvix_wanrltw

Always with the lovebirds bashing each other. This thread is for bashing Cockstar now, that has a long and proud tradition (ask the mods) so start bashing them or gtfo. They deserve it for being cocks, they need a good bashing once in a while to keep them in line. Else they start doing dumb sh*t like this.

What's with the Internets these days. f*ckin hell

@BlackScout << this guy gets it.

Edited by baguvix_wanrltw

-snip-

Yes, I realize you guys are probably just trying to push your RDR1&2 PC bundle on people.

Plot Twist: It happens.

I would gladly welcome a RDR1&2 bundle. But, they shouldn't have gone after this project.

If anything, this project would encourage more people to buy it.

I thought not. It's not a story Rockstar fanboys would tell you. It's a GTAForums legend. dotwhite was a mod team, so savvy and so advanced they could reverse engineer formats to view 3d models. They had such a knowledge of Rockstar Advanced Game Engine, they could even port the games they cared about to PC.

Three years of research is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be infringing.

Their work progressed so far, the only thing they were afraid of was losing it, which eventually, of course, they did. Unfortunately, they showed the public everything they did, then Rockstar shut it down before release. Ironic, Rockstar would criticize other companies for hypocrisy, but not themselves.

Edited by Deadly Target

I wonder if this is gonna get people back into making original maps and things like they did in the pre-IV years from what I've been told. How could Rockstar shut down a mod featuring stuff made from scratch?

And here I was thinking the Inland Taipan was the most poisonous snake in the world. Turns out it's Take Two's legal firm.

Yes, I really Google'd "most poisonous snake in the world" just for this post.

• Like 1

The most important thing is, did they tell you why exactly they wanted you to stop working on it? Maybe it was because you were going to distribute the original materials from the game instead of going the same way OIV guys are going, only releasing the tool, so the end user will have to possess the original game.

Yes they did tell the team the exact reasons, they're kinda bs reasons but they also pushed for a gag order.

Edit: meaning they can't tell everyone else publicly said reasons.

Edited by Ash_735

Just so other modders won't know what not to do so more people will step into the same trap. Аsshоlеs.

• Like 2

GTA5 is 10 times better then RDR1. Be happy that gta5 is on PC.

Kinda missing the point of modding here but whatever.

What i don't understand is why don't the creators do this anonymously in a way that prevents these halfass blood suckers from suing them ?

Edited by _MK_

well, at least we know that r* is gonna release rdr2 on PC

and before you guys asks why am i so sure.

Here: at october 17

New game, PS4, Xbox One, PC (later, just like GTA5)

I hope that one day R* say T2 to f*ck themselves in the ass. Until then - no penny for a R* whatsoever! At least from me.

This is fake! I checked on Red Dead Redemption 2 page on Rockstar page here http://www.rockstargames.com/games/info/reddeadredemption2 and there the game is still mentioned for consoles ONLY, as there is still NO single mention by Rockstar Games' side for a RDR2 PC version at all, and as average Red Dead games will sadly remain as a console-exclusive only games... I wished this conversion wasn't been chased and killed by those law and copyright pressures, since it's clear this game will most likely NOT see any official PC version at all...

Edited by 65536

Well what if you uploaded from an internet cafe in a different city?

Were they that pissed about it?

they would still know who uploaded/created it

only "legal" thing would fake up story about getting usb stick with files stolen or getting computer haxxed

No, no no no and no! Do you have any idea who Osborne Clarke is? NOBODY mess with Osborne Clarke, because they are so powerful and so well-linked that they could, and they did, make high ranked politicians and companies fall. YOu just do not stump on their toe.

Besides, i am on TTWO side. Sorry about saying that, but they were just worried. Instead of being loud and shout out that TTWO were the bad guys, you just could try to make a arrangement with them. I am sure they would be sympathic to your guys cause, and even help you with a thing or two. You could just post on the topic that you were negotiating with Rstar about their intellectual property, make people calm. But you guys decided to let everyone say bad things about them on this topic, and besides, one day after, just shout out hammering the last nail in your coffin and "confirming" the TTWO were the "bad guys" and just enrage a company that are backed by Osborne Clarke, guys which specialized and have been doing for more than 100 years takedowns on the most influent people at this planet. And you thought you were different.

Make me a favour and go read at least the DMCA.

First of all, do me a favor and AT LEAST read the Constitution of the US. Everyone has the right to express their opinions.

Second - why a multi-billion company should worry about the comments of some "skids" (no offense, I'm talking from their perspective) on some forum? You're just one of them conspiracy theorists from what I can tell.

Even if you're right. Okay, they've made the author to stop working on a mod, but the discussion is still going on.

This is fake! I checked on Red Dead Redemption 2 page on Rockstar page here http://www.rockstargames.com/games/info/reddeadredemption2 and there the game is still mentioned for consoles ONLY, as there is still NO single mention by Rockstar Games' side for a RDR2 PC version at all, and as average Red Dead games will sadly remain as a console-exclusive only games... I wished this conversion wasn't been chased and killed by those law and copyright pressures, since it's clear this game will most likely NOT see any official PC version at all...

no he is legit, he leaked the COMPLETE biker dlc and import export dlc, IN EVERY LITTLE DETAIL. before everthing was known.

here is the link: https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/tripcode/%21CSmUrZluSg/page/1/

and now read every post and look at the dates!

• Like 2

I'm just here wondering if the tools will need to go or what. Is the C&D on the whole project or just on the files?

Eh I guess this info also falls under that C&D umbrella.

Also to anyone asking for the .White toolkit , sadly i'm ordered to not release anything , and i will probably get a lawsuit if i do officially (which i dont have right now)