3. Suggestions

[WIP|V] Red Dead Redemption V

Mr. Leisurewear

1: Take Two has paid a sh*t load of money

I'm a very rich guy right now, oh yea.
  • Like 2

HHnErXC.png

Nope, not buying it.

First, as much as Rockstar/Take 2 wants to threaten a EU citizen, they are not going to take someone to court over a non-profit mod. At best, ask you to take it down.

At that point, if it is good, it will be uploaded on different sites and impossible to stop spreading.

There is no way a project is worked on for three years, a trailer comes out (which doesnt show anything) and the project gets canceled.

On top of that, from what I understand there is a toolkit; There is nothing that can stop you from releasing a f*cking toolkit. That's where most the BS is coming from.

Either

2: Offered a job

3: You are a huge coward

4: There was never a mod and this was all a ruse

So please scan, edit and post the letter you received from Take Two. And no, don't claim you can't legally post that online because that is bullsh*t.

Go ahead and post on http://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice about this.

i agree with you, this story sounds very fishy to me

I guess you guys saying they can't take them to court missed the FiveM incident where Take2 sent PIs to track down the maker, trick their way in, force them to sign a C&D AND still take him to court.

• Like 3

universetwisters

I guess you guys saying they can't take them to court missed the FiveM incident where Take2 sent PIs to track down the maker, trick their way in, force them to sign a C&D AND still take him to court.

And is the only proof of that just what one of them told you and nothing else?

I'm not trying to doubt or anything, I'm just curious since surely there would be more proof other than a guy saying "This happened to me" on a forum.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to doubt or anything, I'm just curious since surely there would be more proof other than a guy saying "This happened to me" on a forum.

It made gaming news websites and some even tried to get in contact with said person! :p If it was all false do you think websites would report on it? And more so, WHY would they lie about it when it's made their life worse?? And they're still dealing with the aftermath of the incident!
  • Like 2

universetwisters

It made gaming news websites and some even tried to get in contact with said person! :p If it was all false do you think websites would report on it? And more so, WHY would they lie about it when it's made their life worse?? And they're still dealing with the aftermath of the incident!

But did T2 have an official announcement about it or any other proof it happened other than the author's words? And even then, are gaming news sites really that accurate of a source considering that misinformation gets through. I'm not saying it can't happen (look at the Hot Coffee case) but the more I think about it, the more riahc4 makes a bit more sense.

Speaking of oddities, how weird is it that the official trailer got taken down but the reupload a few posts above is still up? Did T2 suddenly stop caring about it or something like that?

• Like 1

Spider-Vice

Companies don't have to make announcements for the legal decisions they make. It's supposed to be confidential too. Also, the trailer was taken down by the mod authors after they got the notification, not Take-Two, iirc.

Edited by Spider-Vice
  • Like 4

image.pngut_dog.png   image.png

let your hopes and dreams turn into burning fire!

GTANet | Red Dead Network | kifflom 

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

BS_BlackScout

Companies don't have to make announcements for the legal decisions they make. It's supposed to be confidential too. Also, the trailer was taken down by the mod authors after they got the notification, not Take-Two, iirc.

Yes, the video is set to private.

Edited by BlackScout

If they were located in the US AND were asking and receiving donations for their work, then yes, it's normal.

But this guy lives in the EU and I haven't seen anyone asking for donations.

And taking down the trailer is also stupid. The trailer shows nothing really. It could be video editing and that's it. They legally cannot do anything.

I mentioned http://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice Please, post there. I'm curious as to what extent lawyers can go after you.

Honestly if you don't post there, it's simple; You guys are cowards.

Nope, not buying it.

First, as much as Rockstar/Take 2 wants to threaten a EU citizen, they are not going to take someone to court over a non-profit mod. At best, ask you to take it down.

At that point, if it is good, it will be uploaded on different sites and impossible to stop spreading.

There is no way a project is worked on for three years, a trailer comes out (which doesnt show anything) and the project gets canceled.

On top of that, from what I understand there is a toolkit; There is nothing that can stop you from releasing a f*cking toolkit. That's where most the BS is coming from.

Either

2: Offered a job

3: You are a huge coward

4: There was never a mod and this was all a ruse

So please scan, edit and post the letter you received from Take Two. And no, don't claim you can't legally post that online because that is bullsh*t.

Go ahead and post on http://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice about this.

Oh it did exist i had the most outdated version of that mod it's so outdated that it's pointless, but yes it does exist so please don't think it doesn't, he may play it safe but it's not like he owes anything to anyone he did this noone paid him to do this noone was scammed, so just accept the fact that this happened and don't preassure him to do things, it was out of his control and again noone paid him to do this.

Edited by ZZCOOL

One word: Sensationalism.

Just like we see GTA6 "trailers", FNAF 5 "trailers" and Half-Life 3 "trailers". The bitter thing here is that many even made profit with those clickbaits. Also false claims spread on the net very fast.

So that's the reason why. To catch views.

However I have no reason to believe those things about FiveM are lies.

I like how people who don't know speculate to the extremes, yes Take2 and Rockstar do have an issue with this, they also have issues with OTHER Map mods out there too. It might be a bitter pill to swallow but Rockstar really doesn't want people looking into their precious RAGE, to the point where they even forced other research groups (who cover a wide variety of console and older PC game formats) to remove any trace of RAGE from their program once they revealed a version which had some small support for it! They also employ gag orders forcing people to not reveal that they've been asked to take down things, they'd prefer it if publicly these mods were just "abandoned" and the team goes silent in exchange for no negative media attention.

For what it's worth, the reason Take2 gave for this was a BS reason, but they still have a load of lawyers ready to attack and spread their jurisdiction across many EU countries too, so for the team, it's not worth it to challenge them unless they want to end up like FiveM.

Edited by Ash_735

I never knew about this mod but it did look awesome. Shame good things get busted in this way, look at the literal 1000's of mods that die cause the creator loses interest, this was like the polar opposite.

• Like 1

universetwisters

Yeah but see thats the point , even if everyone has it , i'll still be facing something and you are not, i'm only reacting like this because i'm not gonna let someone call me a coward , if you have doubts fine do whatever you want.

But wouldn't it be better if everyone has it and you get served papers, as opposed to if nobody has it because you showed a trailer too early and you get served papers? Not unless they specifically told you that their punishment would be worse because you released it. Speaking of, you keep mentioning that you had a conversation with them. Would it be possible to at least give some kind of synopsis of what it was like? I know you aren't trying to give away too much and I understand that because anything can be incriminating, but being this vague makes some people think. Again, if you've got doubts you could always do what the other guy was saying and ask for legal advice here.

Mr. Leisurewear

No because that only benefits you and not me , in both of the situations i stil lget served papers , lol , so no.

And again can you not read or something , no is no , i'm not gonna disclose this , end of story.

universetwisters

But in the former situation, the mod serves it's purpose and gets a release. In the latter, the mod doesn't get released. You're still being served papers regardless so why not just tie up the loose ends and finish what you start? Of course it's too late to say that considering that you already showed the trailer and what's done is done.

And I'm just saying about the legal thing because I know you can't talk about it too much but surely there's something you could show that could prove that they told you to stop working on this. Like that riahc4 guy said, the vagueness than "T2 wants me to take it down I can't say anything more" is obviously going to set off the inner conspiracy theorist in a lot of people.

• Like 3

The difference between him keeping quiet now and not releasing anything compared to him staying quiet and releasing it is about a couple of thousand in court costs, are you or anyone else here going to put the money up for him? :p

• Like 1

Take 2 seems to be out of touch nearly as much as Nintendo these days, I swear. They've released a game exclusively for consoles, knowing how devoted and passionate R* modding community is, and they're surprised a talented team decided to convert RDR map to GTA V. What a surprise!

RDR is seven years old, so I doubt anyone will buy a PS3 or X360 to play it. So unless they want to re-release it for modern systems, they wouldn't get hurt by this modification financially. Hell, maybe it would even encourage someone to buy RDR2 when it comes out, since GTA franchise is way, way more popular. That could make sense - due to 8th gen consoles not being backwards compatible, market is flooded with cheaply made "remasters", some of them spewed by Take 2.

If that's not the case, and they don't plan to re-release RDR, then darn, I have absolutely no idea why they're willing to face the backslash from their potential buyers. It was their decision to release an exclusive game, leading to its lower sales, comparing to multi-platform titles.

• Like 3

If RDR1 and 2 will come to PC, I'll buy them in a heartbeart. But because of the dirty tactics T2 and R* has done, I very much doubt it now.

If RDR1 and 2 will come to PC, I'll buy them in a heartbeart. But because of the dirty tactics T2 and R* has done, I very much doubt it now.

I would still buy them in fairness.

I would still buy them in fairness.

I do understand you would still buy them and no doubts. T2/R* are no longer the companies we used to know them and they probably and definitely don't care.

But if they keep this up, I don't know what will happen to future GTA but pretty sure only focusing on Online hardcore and pushing shark cards as much as possible.

RDR is not that popular as GTA and I could care less about RDR2 if it's only console exclusive.

Edited by SilverRST

No because that only benefits you and not me , in both of the situations i stil lget served papers , lol , so no.

And again can you not read or something , no is no , i'm not gonna disclose this , end of story.

Congrats. You made everyone believe your lie.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with posting on the internet (editing names of course) a paper you received stating you need to take this down. You dont want to post it? Fine. It erases further the credibility.

If you have nothing to show, no papers, no tools, no map, nothing except a trailer that can be quickly put together with a video editor, then this is all fake, dude.

Sorry for exposing you.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

rollschuh2282

Congrats. You made everyone believe your lie.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with posting on the internet (editing names of course) a paper you received stating you need to take this down. You dont want to post it? Fine. It erases further the credibility.

If you have nothing to show, no papers, no tools, no map, nothing except a trailer that can be quickly put together with a video editor, then this is all fake, dude.

Sorry for exposing you.

look a page back, a screenshot of the tools was posted

Entitlement Levels: Californian White Girl

oCrapaCreeper

There is no way those screenshots and the trailer could have been faked - the skybox, fog, godrays, lighting - that is very clearly the RDR map in V's engine. Edited by oCrapaCreeper

D´ont use trade name, Red Dead Redemption, use a different name.

I dont think that would save the project but could worth a try.