1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

[WIP|V] Red Dead Redemption V

Mr. Leisurewear

Igor Bogdanoff

inb4 Rockstar fa**ot
also you need 10 active posts to get pm

The theory that this mod withdraws people from RDR2 and RDR3 is ridiculous and dumb. Especially when they said it would be basically a map. Although if T2 really thinks like that then they're unsavable.

I think that C* sees smth illegal in this cause from copyright's POV, you can't legally obtain RDR2 files since rippin cocksole discs is prohibited and PC version "exists" only on PS Now.

That's why I'm saying its likely they will release RDR 4K for the current consoles and PC.

If that is why they cock blocked this project I have no issue with it because I'd rather have the whole game on PC than ust the map.

It makes perfect sense to re-release RDR from T2 and Rockstar perspective, it is guaranteed to make money, build more hype for RDR2 and you don't need to dedicate many resources to the project. The game is already on the RAGE engine, a small studio like Rockstar Toronto could easily handle the port. Nothing else really makes sense here for why they would cock block a map conversion that uses assets from a game they never released on PC that costs them nothing financially.

If a RDR re-release is not the reason for why they did this then they essentially pissed off their own community for no good reason which is a terrible business practice.

Edited by K0ol-G-R4P
  • Like 1

You can upload it to piratebay if you care about your work, that way it's impossible for them to C&D since everyone and their mother will torrent it anyway. I don't think this forum allows it, but this is just my suggestion.

• Like 3

But they will still be held responsible for the fact of distributing the content they were told not to share.

• Like 1

Sunrise Driver

If you were silent for 3 years you should've as well be silent for a bit more and then release the mod. So even if it takes down, people on the internet would've gotten it it already.

BS_BlackScout

Vice V post on Reddit comment's

K8NySpA.png

The damage has been done! :V

I'll pretend I haven't seen that Mega.nz link

Edited by BlackScout
  • Like 2

Why not just play RDR on PC?

I am waiting for the same. Rockstar is promising it every time regarding Red Dead Redemption on PC. :panic::panic::panic::panic: Hope that RDR on PC is freaking awesome. :blink::blink::blink::blink: They just keep on publishing their bullsh*t on. This is why lets just enjoy what we can and hope for a miracle. :catspider::catspider::catspider::catspider:

nicktestbranch

CHILL.

Also, [citation needed] on "promising it every time."

everyone who made scripts etc for it you should release all your work so it didn't go to waste

• Like 4

My favorite part is "...as you may have noticed we did get contacted..."

ALIEN ANAL PROBE IN 3... 2... 1... *OUCH*

Maybe there will not be RDR map in V, but soon we will be able to play RDR on PC - through emulators.

• Like 1

nicktestbranch

As much progress as they are making, and I'd love to be proven wrong later, I don't think that emulation will come anywhere close to playing it on the consoles. While this mod would have at the very least brought the map to GTA V single player, that's farther than the emulation will ever get.

The whole cancellation is disappointing, and makes me more pissed that Take Two or Rockstar would take a pretty selfish route. Then again, they love killing modifications. They want to believe that they can make a perfect product that defeats modifications, yet they fail to realize that mods are often great respect to the original game. It's like having the one friend who takes your good ideas, and HELPS to make them better, rather than claim them as their own.

The main issue is that they refuse to realize that they should thank the community. We made them who they are today. People still play GTA SA because of SAMP and MTA and I believe it's the main reason behind GTA Online which they are currently making lots of dough on.

Russell_Stone

The main issue is that they refuse to realize that they should thank the community. We made them who they are today. People still play GTA SA because of SAMP and MTA and I believe it's the main reason behind GTA Online which they are currently making lots of dough on.

Unfortunately, most of the people who play MTA or SAMP got their SA via torrent sites. There is no way to get the disc of the game now.

Shame to see this mod get taken down, looked amazing.

R* got greedy and lazy, now biting the hands that fed them through the 00's, they also have a game engine they appear to be doing nothing more than rinsing online gamers with, instead of using it to create and release new/old revamped games on ................ Twunts !!!

Edit nevermind - misunderstood: I thought they were trying to mod the RDR missions into GTA:V as well. Apparently not?

Edited by BillGates

It's simply a case of modders using assets that did not belong to them and thus they were on the verge of a few copyright problems later on down the line.

Those who resort to simplifications of malevolent lawyers need to understand this! That a project of this scope, described as three years worth of work, requires to be handled accordingly. It would have included getting in touch with the property holders, asking for permission and explaining why this would be beneficiary to them, their franchises involved as well as the players.

Edited by xaml

I agree with the above posts. I appears that the biggest mistake made - Rockstar's "trigger" if you will, what caused them to be such pricks - was the decision to use the "RED DEAD REDEMPTION" phrasing. That's a copyrighted phrase, I assume, and with R* announcing intent to use their RDR "intellectual property" in the near future, what else would anyone expect?

If it had been announced and "marketed" with a more generic phrase such as "turns GTA V into the Wild West", perhaps R* would not have had a legal leg to stand on?

Don't matter now I guess.

Edited by JamesTKirk

Oh so we can't use copyrighedt phrases for mods?

Brb starting an "I'm loving it" total conversion to see if I face legal trouble.

Edited by theNGclan

You know, I think that xaml actually has the point. Asking R*/T2 if they were okay with it in the first place would actually make sense. Although I do doubt that they would say "Sure, go on", if anything at all.

EDIT. But it still doesn't make it okay to shut down fan projects left and right. Take Two are still c*nts.

Edited by Claude_Lib
  • Like 2

If anything that we learned through this is NEVER MAKE VIDEOS ON A MOD THAT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET.The same thing happened to Pokemon Prism and thank lord that somebody leaked it.I don't think the same thing gonna happen to this however.

universetwisters

Goddamn, imagine if the creator of this mod actually kept a closed lid on it until it was released. T2 wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

• Like 2

Move over to Russia and release the map mods and tools, problem solved.

On a side note, T2 and C* can go f*ck themself with giant metal cactusses with 100+ laywers in one single row.

These companies are now just worst than Ubicrap and Electronic Asshats. Wtf LOL, contacting to shut down the map mods LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I'm sorry but seriously, how low can you sink to take such truely dumb actions?? They probably don't have enough money to buy some extra yachts and islands.

Shark cards seems to have extended their greed further, much much much further. Now this is probably why Leslie got beef with them assholes?

• Like 1

Mr.Kurowski

Sucks what's happening with Take Two and R*. :(

Nope, not buying it.

First, as much as Rockstar/Take 2 wants to threaten a EU citizen, they are not going to take someone to court over a non-profit mod. At best, ask you to take it down.

At that point, if it is good, it will be uploaded on different sites and impossible to stop spreading.

There is no way a project is worked on for three years, a trailer comes out (which doesnt show anything) and the project gets canceled.

On top of that, from what I understand there is a toolkit; There is nothing that can stop you from releasing a f*cking toolkit. That's where most the BS is coming from.

Either

1: Take Two has paid a sh*t load of money

2: Offered a job

3: You are a huge coward

4: There was never a mod and this was all a ruse

So please scan, edit and post the letter you received from Take Two. And no, don't claim you can't legally post that online because that is bullsh*t.

Go ahead and post on http://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice about this.

Edited by riahc4
  • Like 4