Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,749 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Sikee Atric

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds Thread

Daz

Getting plenty of f*cking wins now.

Managed a first person fog win, was hilarious.

Plenty of squad wins including this epic endgame shot.

188IkCY.jpg

And yes, it is baffling why people aren't posting in here, a topic for the most played game on steam. f*cking insane.

Coin

I think it's pretty insane that a game not only managed to beat Dota 2's concurrent player record but completely smashed it. That was the peak that seemed unassailable once upon a time.

Haven't played much recently though; lag/desync issues have been pretty prevalent which sours the experience.

Audi

I'm not playing it until new map. Got burned out, which is funny considering I didn't play it that much tbh.

Daz

Best played with a bunch of mates really.

Made a few vids recently. Won one, ballsed the other. The 2nd vid I didn't realize the third guy died so early on as I thought he was still alive until the moment I died. Oh well. Some long battles though.

Ermac

excited for vaulting to finally come to the test servers this week(?), should rekindle my interest for a good bit hopefully

played 2 solos today after a hiatus

i died not only because i was stupid and didn't just fight him straight up, but because i forgot you get locked into your prone position when boosting/healing, which is what i was trying to cancel by moving the camera

Audi

Feelsbadman

Vaulting finally say what?!

dff.gif

Edited by Audi

Daz

It's out now on Xbox One. (And it's as bad as aids)

In PC news, new map is nuts.

Edited by Daz

Ruin

I really hope whatever they did to Miramar to give it better overall performance gets added to Erangel, like yesterday.

Presidential

It's out now on Xbox One. (And it's as bad as aids)

In PC news, new map is nuts.

I like the new map. In my experience, on Xbox, it felt more consistent each round. Whereas on PC I've almost forced myself to get used to the microstuttering/lagging I get.

Richard Power Colt

Audi

Only Mexico screen so far. Haven't been playing PUB a whole lot lately

lVn94YZ.png

Daz

Ok so I tried the bone again, its still aids, but it is at least somewhat low level playable if you have no other options.

http://xboxclips.com/Kivlov/3cd24ecb-c66f-4a90-9a92-904b6400843d

1 win:

http://xboxclips.com/Kivlov/e0d52f0b-6aec-41b0-b408-5ca4bda2928a

1 fail (lack of ammo, lost cover)

http://xboxclips.com/Kivlov/911ea4d8-c32b-41d2-a8c6-57d46ce29ca5

Could be a LOT better.

Plus, I miss the new map. PC is 1000% what you should be playing on, but I guess if you have completely no other choice, it may have to do.

GTA3Rockstar

I played it.

I don't see the hype that it got, but I'll give it time I guess.

Coin

Miramar is in a better place than Erangel was when it first launched, IMO (but still needs quite a bit of work). It looks incredibly open but the way the terrain flows, there is a lot of cover & options for approaching situations. There's so many places on Erangel that are basically wide open fields that mean you're completely screwed through no fault of your own (RNG circles) where as that doesn't feel like the case with Miramar.

Only real problem at the moment is the test servers are dodgy (more so than normal) but there's no going back to the normal game till the new map & vaulting makes it over, hah.

Audi

Yep, the map feels a lot better designed and once you try out vaulting you can't go back..

Plus it's so aesthetic

O30sWs3.png

How Erangel is supposed to look :whistle:

7MA9wlv.png

Hope the game improves for the xb1 people but I'm not holding my breath for y'all...

P2sYKvq.pngmu67XZB.png

Daz

It's time to go back!
o2yTyio.jpg

lgM1FCH.jpg

Edited by Daz

Ruin

Maybe it's just luck, but the live servers for 1.0 are much better than they've ever been.

BqZJP.png

I've won games sure, but never actually had a decent game where the servers never rubber-banded or caused lag desyncs for me.

I wonder what's next for the game, apart from more hardware optimization...

Coin

@Daz: When I first saw that train, that's exactly what I thought too.

I've won games sure, but never actually had a decent game where the servers never rubber-banded or caused lag desyncs for me.

Jungle map next pls.

Daz

Yep, jungle would be nice, Vietnam style, or a far cry style tropical multi island map. But somehow I feel like they are going to make a snow map next which probably will be sucky.

Sign in this week for a free chicken dinner tshirt! Now I just need one in RL.

Just compiled some recent clips, mostly of me failing and being very unlucky, but a few nice bangers in there.

Edited by Daz

Uncle Sikee Atric

@Daz: When I first saw that train, that's exactly what I thought too.

Jungle map next pls.

They were talking about this a few months ago.... There were two maps in the works, one was Miramar and the other was described as 'The Khazak Steppe'. The massive grassland plain that extends across Asia, from the Ukraine to Mongolia. But in Khazakstan, the Russians have their space launch center and they were building a map around that.

That could be fun, but cover would be a nightmare in such flat and featureless territory! However I could see them base a multiple area space complex in the middle of the map and sprinkle small farms and villages around the edges....

Azazel

I haven't gotten any chicken dinners yet, and I don't know why! :orly:

Gummy 

I haven't played this game but I don't quite get why people play this game a lot. Is there something you get even if you lose? The chances of winning is 1/100. Each game lasts maybe half an hour. If after struggling to survive and fight through lots of other people, and waste almost hours of time, you die, doesn't it feel disappointing? If there's anything I hate it's struggling so hard and so long only to be cut short just before the end, or get absolutely nothing in the end.

Ermac

wise man once said that it's not about the destination, it's about the journey

wise man also once said that solos aren't the only gamemode available, and in fact duos and squads are where the real fun is at

Audi

You get nothing if you don't win. Solo sucks, but playing with friends is :^:

Coin

You get nothing if you don't win.

You get the same thing you get for winning.. just less of it. pass the blunt my man :whistle:

Audi

Well I never win

Much like life

So my reference point is skewed

Virtual-Antics

I've been playing on XBox One to see what the fuss is about. It's a lot of fun and addictive when it works. I've only had a couple of crashes and a bit of lag/rubber banding.

I've won a chicken dinner in squad play. It came down to me and a squad mate versus an enemy player. We were holed up in a house in the end. We had trouble finding the guy lol.

Last night, I got killed by a squad mate. The other members had similar names. I was kinda paranoid, so I parachuted about five mins away from them. I collected weapons, killed a player, and finally caught up with them at a row of houses. We were ambushed but the squad killed them on the road. Then, I went over to loot items. My squad mate shot me in the back, tea bagged me, and drove away.

I was barely ten minutes into the game. I reported him on XB1 and the PUBG forums. But I'm not sure if they deal with reports on the forums.

Edited by Virtual-Antics

Nick1020

I saw some gameplay footage and decided to try it out at a friends house. It reminds me of the Dark Zone from the Division. But I dont think its a 9 or 10. More like a 7 or 6.

Hopefully when this hits ps4, my friends will catch on. Playing this game solo is boring.

r0eladn

CJsUYxJ.jpgReally liked the game before 1.0.

Played like 900 hours.

I like the desert map too, its just all of 1.0, the graphics overhaul, the sluggish gameplay even with good fps.

Very much too bad.

^ did manage to snatch a win.

Daz

Its pretty simple to sum up. There is no rewards aside from battle points which are used to buy crates with almost always an awful piece of clothing in that does not effect gameplay whatsoever. The real progression and rewards in this game is just gaining your own skill and knowledge. It is a personal journey just to see how well you can do. And because it is only 50% about getting kills, if you have good looting skills and navigating, and get good circle placement, all you have to do is then kill 1 person.

The game for me has amazing gameplay moments and is super satisfying. And with the days of most AAA games now adays being crammed full of useless collectibles, fetch quests and ultimately dead boring gameplay this is such a refresher. Not that we didn't already have a winner with H1Z1, but this refined it, made improvements and was workable and good at launch so it caught on. It is popular because it is so good at what it does, not because it is a game for everyone.

If you don't enjoy looting, sneaking around, having PvP fights, get annoyed at dying, this isn't the game for you. But the gameplay is so good it made me get more serious about PC gaming and now I only play this game exclusively with 1 other PC game and have ditched console altogether it is that good. It is also perfoect for these days where you are busy and work a lot and don't have time to throw 500 hours into one game progressing it, I would rather have a "pick-up and play" style of game that if I have to leave immediately after half an hour there is no worry or loss, I am not missing out on ANYTHING if I stop playing for a month and come back later. I feel the best way to play is duos or 3 man squads. It offers the best experience. The multi-person meta of reviving and covering your teammate plays better than solo. Not that you can't have amazing battles in solo.

I just uploaded a recent game of mine, 7 kills, ended up being killed by some prick outside of circle, which is pretty bullsh*t, I think people outside of circle either shouldn't be able to aim and take long range shots or just shouldn't be able to see people inside circle at all. I was surrounded at 3 angles which sucked which is why it pushed me into the fire of some random c*nt.

I have really started learning the recoil now and as in the video can now laserbeam headshot on full auto which feels sick as f*ck.

Anyway, vid: