3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ninjcarter30

Who's the worse character in gta 5?

chronic lumbago

Trevor's really just a sad attempt at trying to be Jack Torrance from The Shining. The difference being is the former was actually a menacing psychopath. The latter is an over bearing man child who probably smells like a sewer.

At the beginning maybe. Give trevor a suburban look, leather jacket and jeans, shave his nasty hair, give him a short beard, sunglasses and voila new Trevor.

I thought Trevor wasn't as bad as many people think. The Johnny stuff pissed me off, but it also made Trevor the type of guy that makes you wonder what he's gonna do next. Not the pinnacle of fictional writing, but he was entertaining.

Edited by fashion

Piggsy pls

I don't care about him killing Johnny, but I do wish Trevor sold the "psycho" label better. He just felt more like a combination of random personality traits thrown together into a mess. That said, he's not the worst character in the game to me.

When I first read about Trevor in the previews, I thought he would take cues from Leo Kasper from Manhunt 2. The game wasn't great but it was Rockstar's best take on a psychopathic character. Menacing but not over-the-top.

O.Z

The whole De Santa family.

ChiroVette

I don't care about him killing Johnny, but I do wish Trevor sold the "psycho" label better.

While I LOVE Trevor, and think he may be the single best character in the history of the GTA universe, there is one hole in his personality. The whole overly weepy, comedic persona when it comes to both his Mother and Mrs. Medraso. Don't get me wrong, I get the humor in it, and it was funny enough in its own way, particularly as it was intentionally juxtaposed against his sociopathic, over-the-top insanity. But I think it should have toned down just a little.

I mean the guy who rightfully and so awesomely, caved in the head of everyone's favorite drug-addled, nice personolded, pansy-ass ex-biker-gang-leader could have been a little less weepy, even with his obvious Mommy-issues. Actually, if you watch shows like The Sopranos, and other entertainment with strong, alpha-male, and arguably psychotic protagonists, the whole "Gangster with Mommy issues" is a common theme. So that, in and of itself was fine in Trevor's case.

But if I had my druthers, that aspect of his personality would still be there, and would still be exaggerated for comedic value, but maybe toned down just a bit.

Edited by ChiroVette

OhDee

In terms of morals and behaviour - absolutely Trevor! Some of the stuff he does is just downright hideous and inexcusable to me.

In terms of who made me roll my eyes and tut the most - has to be Amanda, closely followed by Michael's kids. I mean, Michael can be a douche at times but they are so ungrateful and obnoxious in the extreme. Still kind of disappointed we had no choice in whether or not he got the family back together.

kg88987

Devin Weston.

• He underpaid Micheal, Franklin and Trevor after they did a lot of hard work for him
  • He puts the blame on Micheal for killing his legal counsel, even though Molly was being a total idiot after walking in front of a massive air compressor
  • Sent Merryweather guards to his house after the Molly ordeal.
  • He's also a rich snob.

Need I say more?

O_Cean

Fabian. What an annoying hippie c*nt.

MDNA

I f*cking loathed Franklin. Annoying, whiny ass bitch of a character. Should’ve had an option to kill him at the end of the game. 

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)

Tracey, and Amanda a close second. Female characters are incredibly badly written in GTA V, nothing but lazy one dimensional stereotypes and a couple of "cool girl" minor heist crew members who are barely seen to try and make up for it

Tonya + the most boring and pointless side missions of all time that she contributes (right at the beginning of the game when you're hoping for some cool gang crime stuff no less)

The younger Cheng, omg isn't it funny a high Asian guy!!!!??!1 And the older one and Stretch simply because they're supposed to be main antagonists but are barely seen/heard

Franklin has to be mentioned too because he doesn't have any "character" or personality to speak of

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

BHBFurious

Def Amanda, typical nagging cheating delusionnal rich housewife

danosky

There's a few of them.

Fabian - douche

Amanda - Typical dumb housewife stereotype

Jimmy - Annoying, useless. Tries to blame his dad for everything instead of trying to actually do something about his problems/issues.

Don - The only good thing about this guy is how he died.

Weston - Biggest douchebag in a game with quite a few douches in it. Never payed despite boasting about his fortune. Hypocritical to a fault, acting like a liberal while being part of the military industrial-complex. Also just a condescending asshole.

LorshZontek

tbh idk what my least favorite is i do find most of michaels family to be assholes 

Equatecurl

Tracey

f*cking annoying

Timcatgt5

Martin Madrazo had so much potential to be a powerful figure in the criminal underworld. With a luxury ranch and a home in the hills to boot, as well as a reputation for being ruthless and intimidating to his competitors and allies, nothing was going to stop him from achieving his goals. 

The only man to bring Michael out of retirement because he thought it was necessary to bring down Madrazo's house after an altercation, and threaten the GTA Online protagonist by feeding him/her to the dogs if he/she failed him, referring to a phone call to his introduction. 

Then Trevor came along, kidnapped his wife and physically attacks him, without any harm received, displaying Madrazo as a weak individual. With the exception of placing a bounty on both Michael and Trevor if they are seen in Los Santos, Madrazo was wasted potential because of his failure to deal with a deranged sociopath in Trevor. 

It took a peace offering, in form of an Aztec statue, to bring the dispute to an end, but not without Madrazo showing his weakness for the final time.

Trevor is my favourite, not because of his personality or behaviour, but because of his ability to stand up to the cause and do things that he sees as a threat or for the sake of his friends, such as crippling the Lost biker gangs influence in Blaine County, or helping Michael's daughter from embarrassing herself on TV, or finding out the truth about Brad, or waging a one man war against a private military company. 

Syrens

Michael's family really just annoyed me.  I think helping them through their issues would have felt more touching if Rockstar had fleshed them out some more, the game was pretty long, I'm sure it wouldn't have been too hard to do.  Maybe then we'd have developed somewhat of an emotional attachment to them and genuinely wanted to actually help them.  Instead it was just a pain whenever something needed to be done and I felt like I could be using my time elsewhere.

captain jack sparrow

for me michael

his character was selfish and he only cares about him self

just my opinion tho

Lordani_66

Franklin. One of the most bland characters in GTA EVER.