2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.
Happy 25th Anniversary Grand Theft Auto!

Pegassi Infernus Classic Discussion

Dacelo

^ It is meant for the racers and people that only care about performance of the cars. Like all his testing vids.

He says on the video that if you are going to buy the car anyway just because you like how it looks then just close the video. This is not for you.

I think that most who rag on Broughy do so because of how many follow his advice blindly. I find it useful but to a point, each car is different on each track. And beyond that, as I stated before, racing in GTA is a clusterf**k. It's random even without the kiddies trying to slam you.

Totally agree. He may be the most reliable popular youtuber, but he still has plenty of inconsistencies. Using off road tires for every car when they only benefit a select few seems counter productive to getting the best results. I like to watch his streams too, but between how obnoxious his fans are and how snobby and stuck up he acts he loses me pretty fast.

• Like 1

^ It is meant for the racers and people that only care about performance of the cars. Like all his testing vids.

He says on the video that if you are going to buy the car anyway just because you like how it looks then just close the video. This is not for you.

I think that most who rag on Broughy do so because of how many follow his advice blindly. I find it useful but to a point, each car is different on each track. And beyond that, as I stated before, racing in GTA is a clusterf**k. It's random even without the kiddies trying to slam you.

Totally agree. He may be the most reliable popular youtuber, but he still has plenty of inconsistencies. Using off road tires for every car when they only benefit a select few seems counter productive to getting the best results. I like to watch his streams too, but between how obnoxious his fans are and how snobby and stuck up he acts he loses me pretty fast.

The whole reason he uses off road tyres on every single car is to ensure consistency, every single car is ran with the same options on it to ensure that the test results are as accurate as they can be - the only thing that changes is the car, if you change more than 1 thing then it is no longer a fair test.

If you ran some cars with and some cars without how can you categorically say which is faster? Even if you believe that off road tyres make absolutely no difference on some vehicles it still makes 100% sense to test all vehicles in exactly the same state to make sure that even if there is some small effect from the tyres it is not going to sway the result.

Completely agree his testing cannot be 100% accurate, noone can drive every single car on the absolute limit of its ability consistently 100% of the time but it's pretty reliable ON THAT CIRCUIT.

Using off road tires doesn't represent how the cars handle as most people drive them. I don't care if Broughy aims for a niche audience, it would be nice to see then tested stock if they get no added benefit from off road tires. Not gonna argue over something so trivial, but my opinion stands..

So, I wonder if this baby will release tomorrow, or Wednesday when tuneables change..?

• Like 1

It's probably been asked and answered 10 times already, but what's the price for this?

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Laughing my ass off at Broughy's stupid "Save your money" caption

That's mainly for racing focused GTA players. I don't care about any of that and will buy it regardless.

Didn't he mention it being on par with the Stirling GT? Doesn't matter anyway... racing in GTA is such a crap shoot of stupidity and the Infernus Classic looks good enough for me.

Yes he did. But the Turismo classic is so much better than Stirling or Infernus classic. There is no point buying the infernus when Turismo is coming a week later and dominates the entire class.

I Will buy both, because I like how they look, but only upgrade the Turismo.

That is like saying there is no point in buying a luxury car over an econobox because they both get the job done.

Not everything is about performance or bang for the buck. The last thing I was ever expecting from the Infernus Classic was for it to be a class leading sports/super car.

I mean these days a BMW M4 could outrun a Diablo. Don't even get me started on sports sedans. The new Panamera Turbo S? Would leave that thing in the dust. As would an M5... and an E63 AMG... and a C63 AMG... etc.

But which one offers a totally different experience? The Diablo.

How a car feels and how fun it is to drive > How fast it is in a striaght line or how fast it is around a track

You already know what the class leaders are as a racer. So if you care strictly about racing then why are you even looking at a Diablo?

Edited by Scaglietti
  • Like 4

Malibu Club

Man I remember playing Midnight Club 3 and destroying a bunch of Diablos with my fully upgraded Neon SRT-4. Good times.

Edited by Daedalheidis

Using off road tires doesn't represent how the cars handle as most people drive them. I don't care if Broughy aims for a niche audience, it would be nice to see then tested stock if they get no added benefit from off road tires. Not gonna argue over something so trivial, but my opinion stands..

So, I wonder if this baby will release tomorrow, or Wednesday when tuneables change..?

R* updates the tunables tomorrow as well, they switch the premium race tomorrow which means they will update the tunables so I'm willing to bet the car will release tomorrow.

Commander S

That is like saying there is no point in buying a luxury car over an econobox because they both get the job done.

Not everything is about performance or bang for the buck. The last thing I was ever expecting from the Infernus Classic was for it to be a class leading sports/super car.

I mean these days a BMW M4 could outrun a Diablo. Don't even get me started on sports sedans. The new Panamera Turbo S? Would leave that thing in the dust. As would an M5... and an E63 AMG... and a C63 AMG... etc.

But which one offers a totally different experience? The Diablo.

How a car feels and how fun it is to drive > How fast it is in a striaght line or how fast it is around a track

You already know what the class leaders are as a racer. So if you care strictly about racing then why are you even looking at a Diablo?

I get the impression that Broughy's main aim with that video is just to not mislead folk by reviewing cars as they come out - 'hey, here's something that complements the Stirling GT!' one week, and then a week later '...okay, forget what I said last time' when the Turismo arrives. Which is fair enough - I get that he wouldn't want to feel like peddling false info to players, as well as basically having his testing series get co-opted by the drip-feed into a way of hyping/marketing stuff for R*, which isn't the point of doing it.

That said, I tend not to worry about 'best-in-class' cars, because there's a paradox when it comes to racing in GTA. On the one hand, if you're racing against randos, a top-tier car does help give you an edge, but not so much if catch up/slipstream are on, or if customs are off, or if people are smashing into each other. That, and for stunt races, circuit performance is marginally less important than top speed, and quite often 'stability in jumps/wall-rides' even more so. Most randos are doing gimmick races nowadays, with assists, and no observation of good racing practice, so it's just a case of 'pick the car you that suits you and hope for the best'...

On the other? The irony is that dedicated racers in GTA are organised enough that they can agree to house rules for races - no assists, clean racing as standard, and only cars that make for a balanced selection. In other words, it doesn't matter that the Turismo Classic is the statistically-best circuit racer in Sports Classics, when the racing community can just agree to 'only use the Stirling GT vs. the Infernus Classic', for example. As frustrating as it might sound, there's no incentive for R* to balance the classes to be competitive, when the only people who'll benefit from it are perfectly able to set up balanced races themselves.

...and yeah, some folk just enjoy a car for what it is - for looks, as a daily driver, for a bit of relaxed racing where it's all just for the fun of the experience, or whatever. ;) I may take the Infernus Classic out for a 'track day' now and then, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be getting the most fun out of cruising around the map, or taking snaps of it.

Edited by Commander S
  • Like 4

R* updates the tunables tomorrow as well, they switch the premium race tomorrow which means they will update the tunables so I'm willing to bet the car will release tomorrow.When do the tunables update?

Usually between 3am-5am EST US

Edited by Mr_Pool

Commander S

Normally about 10am UTC/GMT at the earliest - i.e. 11am current UK time (BST), 6am US East Coast (EDT), 3am West Coast (PDT).

(argh - ninja'd! :ph34r:)

Edited by Commander S

the nameless

First thing I did when I got gta v on my ps4 was paint my infernus to replicate what I then knew only as the diablo from pain and gain. I've now resprayed it a nice orange knowing that tomorrow I can finally have a proper diablo in what I now know is se30 purple. I'm going to change my crew colour right now.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

If this comes out tomorrow I will finally dust my copy of V and slot it in. Just to test this thing out!

• Like 2

HamwithCheese

By the way, is the Infernus Classic RWD or AWD?

Asking the real questions here.

Found out thats it's RWD :)

• Like 2

HamwithCheese

Found out thats it's RWD :)

Excellent.

o_war_eagle_o

The GP1 was released on the 14th the Ruston was released on the 21st. I guarantee the Infernus will be today the 28th.

How many hours do we still have to wait?

Depends where you live US eastern time should update soon. In the next 2 to 3 hours.

• Like 2

How many hours do we still have to wait?

Depends where you live US eastern time should update soon. In the next 2 to 3 hours.

Naw, it happens at the same moment for everyone. It should be a half hour from now, or an hour and a half. Daylight savings gets me confused.

FrozenDanCicle

Pretty sure its two and a half hours. I hope for earlier though.

Decided to wait for a bit, lots of great pics here, but I'm a little underwhelmed overall.

Edited by Winonas

ALifeOfMisery

Tunables updated. Should be out. Can't wait to get home from work.

AboveAndBeyoncé

Yeahhhh it's out!!! Buying one now

Pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by AboveAndBeyoncé

I know there's a chance of it being released tomorrow, but I'd still like to make a request (because I'm poor and can't afford to keep applying crew colors):

One with this color: #000526(FF) / Racing Blue pearl and one with: #351C35AA / Salmon Pink Pearlescent, both with stock wheels, frost white interior and next to each other please :beerhat:

T8BVfTs.jpg

2GXMPZW.jpg

1GaIR27.jpg

Z5Cgyt2.jpg

Can someone post pics of the infernus. Classic with revolver rims?

ByWKSGi.jpg