1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Goldenhawk521

GTA IV Be Released to Mobile in 2018/2019?

Jack Lupino

Tbh I would rather have VCS or Manhunt ported to Android than gta 4. Those games can be well optimised for touch screen controls,I would hate it to play gta 4 on tiny screen.

G8 B8 M8
Posted (edited)

The only issue i see is the size, but as far i know the RIP version is around 4GB, so they can downgrade the sound quality (64 kbps) and remove some songs.

Edited by G8 B8 M8

robotman5

Would be interesting to see how they would go about doing that. i would def buy it. :lol:

Ryder217

The only issue i see is the size, but as far i know the RIP version is around 4GB, so they can downgrade the sound quality (64 kbps) and remove some songs.

I'm pretty sure it would be smaller if they remove multiplayer.

Jack Lupino

Hello Everyone here is GTA IV 10TH ANNIVERSARY TRAILER FOR IOS/ANDROID made by me

☝☝click the link to watch👆👆.Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you!

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone here is GTA IV 10TH ANNIVERSARY TRAILER FOR IOS/ANDROID made by me

☝☝click the link to watch.Hope you enjoy it.

Thank you!

Fake

Edited by Hussein Sonic

jaljax

Thank you!

Fake

No sh*t...

Wolver_321

Fake

He clearly said that this trailer is made by him, so of course it's fake!

Jack Lupino
Posted (edited)

Fake

He clearly said that this trailer is made by him, so of course it's fake!Don't bother him man he is doing this just to seek attention.

I hope you enjoyed the video :)

Edited by Jack Lupino

Penguin Bob
Posted (edited)

Thank you!

Fake

DURRRRRRRRR! Not to be rude but he just said that it was fanmade...So of course it's fake.

Edited by Penguin Bob

MrEWhite

Thank you!

Fake

No sh*t Sherlock.

LorshZontek

um no even if phones are more powerful now they still could not handle something as powerful as gta iv without a huge downgrade.

Hussein Sonic
22 minutes ago, LorshZontek said:

um no even if phones are more powerful now they still could not handle something as powerful as gta iv without a huge downgrade.

Smartphones can't handle RAGE.

XgamerX

GTA 4 or Vice City Stories will surely be released for mobile devices by the end of this year.

GiveMeLiberty78

Interesting posts @Am Shaegar, thanks.

Personally, I cannot imagine bowling playing on anything but a keyboard and a mouse. It could make GTA 4 more accessible for sure, but I reckon it'd be kinda sad - maybe I am wrong or crazy here, but seeing an old game come to a mobile device is almost like seeing a game in the discount bin. Just my opinion. Plus I hate tablet PCs with all of their bloatware, eugh.

Still, great trailer @Jack Lupino! I like how you captured Niko's crotch-grabbing animations. Strange, 'cause Niko doesn't even expose his forearms in GTA 4, yet he'll happily stand in the middle of Star Junction grabbing his junk, haha! What an interesting character.

Jack Lupino
On 9/6/2018 at 9:34 PM, GiveMeLiberty78 said:

Interesting posts @Am Shaegar, thanks.

Personally, I cannot imagine bowling playing on anything but a keyboard and a mouse. It could make GTA 4 more accessible for sure, but I reckon it'd be kinda sad - maybe I am wrong or crazy here, but seeing an old game come to a mobile device is almost like seeing a game in the discount bin. Just my opinion. Plus I hate tablet PCs with all of their bloatware, eugh.

Still, great trailer @Jack Lupino! I like how you captured Niko's crotch-grabbing animations. Strange, 'cause Niko doesn't even expose his forearms in GTA 4, yet he'll happily stand in the middle of Star Junction grabbing his junk, haha! What an interesting character.

Hehe thanks for watching i appreciate it:)

I think we are atleast 5-6 years away from getting gta 4 on phones

Wolver_321
3 minutes ago, Jack Lupino said:

Yeah, 2024-2025 seems more reasonable... But I hope to see before that date a proper remastered version on current-gen consoles and (this is more like a dream) a decent PC patch.

GiveMeLiberty78
17 hours ago, Wolver_321 said:

Yeah, 2024-2025 seems more reasonable... But I hope to see before that date a proper remastered version on current-gen consoles and (this is more like a dream) a decent PC patch.

Yes, and a fix for the awful mouse responsiveness - getting a headshot should not of course be easy, but it should be easier than it is. In fact, all shooting on PC with mouse and keyboard is sucky; it lags and 'sticks', which really decreases your accuracy if you're using, say, a pistol. SMGs and rifles are less of a problem, when you tend to 'pray and spray'.

18 hours ago, Jack Lupino said:

Thanks for making - I may even give the video editor a try myself, I've collected enough material (including some crotch-grabbing goodness!).

SuperQAxClub

Actually it is possible to port GTA 4 to mobile, mobiles are now very powerful now, and there are some console quality games have been ported to mobile

2 of the most popular game is PUBG and Fortnite are also made it to mobile

Remember that PUBG is considered very unoptimized and high system requirement:

Processor: Intel Core i5-4430 / AMD FX-6300
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB / AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB 
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 30 GB available space

And Tencent Game port PUBG to mobile with only 2GB, only a bit of graphic quality reduced compare to PC version. With optimization on iOS, PUBG Mobile can run 2013 iPhone 5s with about 20-30fps at lowest settings

Same with Fortnite is a bit more unoptimized then PUBG Mobile, but it made it with 3GB size and can run on 2015 iPhone 6s with 20-30fps at lowest settings

Reyiz Kovan
On 3/8/2017 at 8:20 PM, (Ambient) said:

No, because current smartphones (even high-end ones) are not able to handle the RAGE engine.

But wikipedia says that RAGE works on ios/andriod too.

3 minutes ago, Reyiz Kovan said:

But wikipedia says that RAGE works on ios/andriod too.

Sorry,my bad,it was euphoria.

Mojoswagger1980
On 3/8/2017 at 5:40 AM, TWIST_OF_HATE said:

No way.

Simply - smartfones still too week for games like IV.

Correct me if I wrong - GTA IV is bad optimized game, at this day there is still no PC, which can handle IV in 2K resolution ( highest available for IV ) with maximum settings at steady 60 fps.

lol 60 isnt likely. 30 would easily work. The nonsense about 2k resolution, even if you could pull it off, why? Its a phone! 2k pixels is overkill. Get it to run at any 16:9 ratio, preferrably the lowest (540x960, 320x480), set the graphics on low and your only problem is size, its huge, not sure if all is necessary, and the fact that androids graphic drivers amount to being hot garbage. but if your rockstar and you have the source code nothings impossible. I dont think they ever released a version for opengl renderer but android can and easily does run directx 11 scripts provided you dont have a garbage gpu. In conclusion who gives a damn about 2k resolution and 60fps? your assesment of smartphones would indicate you bought affordably, but you expected more in terms of hd graphics. I didnt play with the graphics very high on PS3 just becuz it tended to lag indoors and in heavily crowded areas. Not much but enuff to be noticable. 

On 10/21/2018 at 12:48 AM, SuperQAxClub said:

Actually it is possible to port GTA 4 to mobile, mobiles are now very powerful now, and there are some console quality games have been ported to mobile

And Tencent Game port PUBG to mobile with only 2GB, only a bit of graphic quality reduced compare to PC version. With optimization on iOS, PUBG Mobile can run 2013 iPhone 5s with about 20-30fps at lowest settings

Same with Fortnite is a bit more unoptimized then PUBG Mobile, but it made it with 3GB size and can run on 2015 iPhone 6s with 20-30fps at lowest settings

Sure. but they are not source ports. They use none of the games original assets. they were done with a much ,much simpler instruction set. While admittably they do look like the games you mentioned, they dont play like them. play fortnite mobile for a few days, then switch back to ps4 and get destroyed lol. But rockstar does good work. Im with you on the plausibility of the project. I mean look at how sweet runescape mobile looks .....not like we will ever get to play but it looks very nice . 

Wolver_321

Honestly I think that the debate should be: would you play GTA IV on a smartphone? As a diehard fan of IV I'll say no, I've already experienced San Andreas on my old Zenfone 2 and the experience was terrible, way way worse than a standard PC or console version.

Theoretically GTA IV should be able to run on smartphones, high-end phones are more powerful than an old gen system and some of them could be very near to Xbox One and PS4 (standard models of course). But the work they'd have to do for port it to mobile would be insane and the game would probably be too heavy for the "average user" (San Andreas on PC 4.5GB ---> Mobile 2,5GB - GTA IV would probably be around 8GB, anyway take this size with a grain of salt, compression methods are not the same with different engines).

Also add the fact that LCS hadn't sold too much on mobile, if they haven't ported VCS yet is probably due to the low earnings that LCS made.

XgamerX

Rockstar usually releases games on december thursdays so guys lets hope whether the game will be released by the end of this year or not.

HisNameIsMilad
4 hours ago, XgamerX said:

Rockstar usually releases games on december thursdays so guys lets hope whether the game will be released by the end of this year or not.

Fingers crossed 🤞! But will phones be strong enough to run it without overheating ? And how will the game run on it despite if it overheats ? How long and how well could phones run it if and before it overheats ? How about ports or Remaster for current console version ?

Wolver_321
12 hours ago, XgamerX said:

The fact that GTA 3/VC/SA came out on phones during December doesn't mean nothing at all, actually I think that Rockstar doesn't even want to release a game on mobile anymore due to low sales of games they've ported in the recent years.

To all the diehard fans of GTA IV (like me): Do you really want to play this game on mobile? Really? A console remaster would be much much better even for Rockstar, because they can push the price up to 30$-40$, while on mobile a game that costs more than 10$ isn't downloaded by anyone. But maybe that's just my idea, for me proper games run only on consoles or PC, whether are remasters or not...

KY Jello

Controls would be a nightmare It'd be like a manual transmission on a car.

Reyiz Kovan
On 10/21/2018 at 10:48 AM, SuperQAxClub said:

But think about euphoria,thats one of the biggest things in gta 4,lots of people say that there are no mobile devices can run euphoria.

Wolver_321
11 hours ago, Reyiz Kovan said:

But think about euphoria,thats one of the biggest things in gta 4,lots of people say that there are no mobile devices can run euphoria.

Euphoria could run on Xbox 360, PS3 and older PCs, so surely it can run on mobile devices too. But, like the PC market, mobile phones don't share all the same specifications and the same Operating System, so if you want to support a wider range of smartphones you have to do a good optimization job. In theory GTA IV should be able to run on most mid/high end phones, but there would be some major issues, like:

- Awful controls

- Huge size (at least 8GB)

- Probably compressed textures (with a general graphics downgrade)

- Playing on a tiny screen isn't the best thing on the world

- Low amount of sales (surely a con for Rockstar)

Anyway you can't compare GTA IV to PUBG or Fornite, these 3 games run on different engines! The old GTAs run on RenderWare which was used in many different games at that time, Fortnite runs on Unreal Engine that has 100% support for mobile devices and is also probably one of the most known engines. GTA IV runs on RAGE, which is a Rockstar proprietary engine... This engine was introduced for the first time ever with Table Tennis (Wii and Xbox 360), a very "light" game that has never been ported to mobile devices. Another thing that shuold be considered is the complexity of the code, take RDR1 for example: according to some rumors the developing stage was a mess and, apparently, it was already a miracle that the game was running on PS3 and Xbox 360; but because of that messy code, Rockstar has never ported RDR1 to PC.