2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Goldenhawk521

GTA IV Be Released to Mobile in 2018/2019?

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

29th of April is getting closer and closer, hope we hear something soon..

Wolver_321

Personally I hope it won't get a mobile port, at least for now... I hope in a re-release version for PS4/Xbox One with maybe a good patch for PC (even if probably this requires a re-write of a lot of the original code). If a decent PC can't even run GTA IV with the maximum graphics at a fluid 60 fps i don't think that mobile devices are ready for this game (GTA San Andreas requires a very good phone for running it at max with a good framerate).

Hussein Sonic

No.

GTA IV will get a mobile port to celebrate ten year anniversary. We don't need a PS4/Xbox One version of GTA IV.

Wolver_321

No.

GTA IV will get a mobile port to celebrate ten year anniversary. We don't need a PS4/Xbox One version of GTA IV.

Well, that's your opinion... For me it's very unlikely a mobile port of GTA IV due to the hardware limitations of smartphones (and also not everyone would install 10+GB for a game). And, for me, we need a PS4/Xbox One version (also Switch, like L.A. Noire Remastered) of GTA IV, with maybe a decent patch for the PC version. Time will tell, but i have a fear that GTA IV 10th anniversary will be remembered with some t-shirts in GTA Online.

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

No.

Well, that's your opinion... For me it's very unlikely a mobile port of GTA IV due to the hardware limitations of smartphones (and also not everyone would install 10+GB for a game). And, for me, we need a PS4/Xbox One version (also Switch, like L.A. Noire Remastered) of GTA IV, with maybe a decent patch for the PC version. Time will tell, but i have a fear that GTA IV 10th anniversary will be remembered with some t-shirts in GTA Online.

You're wrong, cause R* announces a mobile version of GTA IV to celebrate ten year anniversary on April 29, 2018.

We don't need this, but a mobile version of GTA IV to celebrate ten year anniversary. It's very likely, and this isn't the hardware limitations of smartphones. Whether's GTA III, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas.... No one knows.

There will not be a PS4/Xbox One/Switch version of GTA IV. Don't let R* to bring this game to the PS4, Xbox One and Switch.

Edited by Hussein Sonic

Penguin Bob

No....GTA IV is too strong for smartphones. Smartphones can't handle the RAGE engine. Also, i don't think anyone wants to play GTA IV with sh*tty touchscreen controls with a small screen.

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Yeah anyone who thinks the game can run smoothly on a phone is in a fantasy, the game would have to be dumbed down to the point where it would feel a big letdown to fans that enjoyed the game over the years, its either console/PC port or no port.

Wolver_321

You're wrong, cause R* announces a mobile version of GTA IV to celebrate ten anniversary on April 29, 2018.

We don't need this, but a mobile version of GTA IV to celebrate ten year anniversary. It's very likely, and this isn't the hardware limitations of smartphones. Whether's GTA III, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas.... No one knows.

There will not be a PS4/Xbox One/Switch version of GTA IV. Don't let R* to bring this game to the PS4, Xbox One and Switch.

Why am I wrong if we don't know anything? I'm just speculating and I don't understand why you're so sure about a mobile version if Rockstar hasn't said anything on a new version of GTA IV. I loved this game, it's my favourite GTA, and I think the 95% of the people who loved GTA IV would like to see a PS4/Xbox One/Switch port and a good PC patch. I didn't say you're wrong, so please respect my opinion like I respect yours :)

StormerBoy
Posted (edited)

It's 2018. Why are people still insisting that GTA IV we see on the WHOLE mobile devices to celebrate ten year anniversary? R* should announce a mobile version of GTA IV to celebrate ten year anniversary from GTA IV, the rest is out there.

So if technology allowed for every game to be on mobile, you'd sell all your consoles/pcs and play on your tiny phone for forevermore? You can watch TV on your phone now, does that mean you've sold your actual TV?

Honestly, please help me understand why people want a complex game like gta on a mobile?

Edited by StormerBoy

TWIST_OF_HATE

There is no reason to wait for GTA IV mobile.

I just wait for at least patch 1.0.9.0 for PC.

Jdogg4089
Posted (edited)

What's wrong with you? R* needs to make a mobile version of GTA IV to celebrate ten year anniversary

Staten Island don't exist in GTA IV, which was missing in the map of Liberty City.

No. They NEED to make a console ports for 10th year anniversary. Who TF would want to play a game like GTA 4 on mobile? I can understand the 3d gta games and other Rockstar 3d games being put on here because if their basic controls. But GTA 4, oh, that's a completely different beast. And we haven't even gotten to graphics. I've never seen a mobile game even as close to complex as GTA 4v(besides switch). But Rockstar investing thier time into porting a game like this to mobile seems silly. Plus it would be very downgraded with Minecraft looking textures probably, just like GTA sa mobile port. 2019 for mobile maybe. But 2018 for console and pc with 1080p, msaa, and better performance of 30fps Edited by Jdogg4089

Hussein Sonic

What's wrong with you? R* needs to make a mobile version of GTA IV to celebrate ten year anniversary

Staten Island don't exist in GTA IV, which was missing in the map of Liberty City.

No. They NEED to make a console ports for 10th year anniversary. Who TF would want to play a game like GTA 4 on mobile? I can understand the 3d gta games and other Rockstar 3d games being put on here because if their basic controls. But GTA 4, oh, that's a completely different beast. And we haven't even gotten to graphics. I've never seen a mobile game even as close to complex as GTA 4v(besides switch). But Rockstar investing thier time into porting a game like this to mobile seems silly. Plus it would be very downgraded with Minecraft looking textures probably, just like GTA sa mobile port. 2019 for mobile maybe. But 2018 for console and pc with 1080p, msaa, and better performance of 30fps

No. They need to make a mobile port for the 10th year anniversary.

Jdogg4089
Posted (edited)

No. They NEED to make a console ports for 10th year anniversary. Who TF would want to play a game like GTA 4 on mobile? I can understand the 3d gta games and other Rockstar 3d games being put on here because if their basic controls. But GTA 4, oh, that's a completely different beast. And we haven't even gotten to graphics. I've never seen a mobile game even as close to complex as GTA 4v(besides switch). But Rockstar investing thier time into porting a game like this to mobile seems silly. Plus it would be very downgraded with Minecraft looking textures probably, just like GTA sa mobile port. 2019 for mobile maybe. But 2018 for console and pc with 1080p, msaa, and better performance of 30fps

No. They need to make a mobile port for the 10th year anniversary.Mobile on the switch maybe. And on ps4/Xbox one / PC. They we can get it on crap phones next year. Who the heck would play GTA 4 with touchscreen controls on a tiny screen at 5 fps? You know what, I don't care if they port it to mobile. They just BETTER port it to consoles too if they are doing that. Edited by Jdogg4089

R4gN0r0K

well..

GTA IV's min specs are 1GB of ram, 1,8GHz CPU and 256MB GPU.

Google Pixel has 4GB Ram, 2,15GHz CPU and i guess the Snapdragon 821's graphic capabilities should handle the 256MB.

If a port would happen AND done properly, high end phones should handle this game. And as for controls. Ever heard that you can connect controllers to your phone via bluetooth or usb?

Devdevi45

How does this thread still exist It will not come to mobile unless you want it to look like Minecraft with 1 island

Hussein Sonic

No. They need to make a mobile port for the 10th year anniversary.
Mobile on the switch maybe. And on ps4/Xbox one / PC. They we can get it on crap phones next year. Who the heck would play GTA 4 with touchscreen controls on a tiny screen at 5 fps? You know what, I don't care if they port it to mobile. They just BETTER port it to consoles too if they are doing that.

Not Switch, smartphones.

HigorSM

well..

GTA IV's min specs are 1GB of ram, 1,8GHz CPU and 256MB GPU.

Google Pixel has 4GB Ram, 2,15GHz CPU and i guess the Snapdragon 821's graphic capabilities should handle the 256MB.

If a port would happen AND done properly, high end phones should handle this game. And as for controls. Ever heard that you can connect controllers to your phone via bluetooth or usb?

System requirements are not a very good way to measure how well a game will run on certain hardware, especially with a game as bad optimized as GTA IV, and I don't think the majority of the people who play games on mobile have a controller, if I wanted to play games with a controller I'd buy console.

George Costanza

Tegra K1 out performed old gen.

Many new mobile CPUs & GPUs already outpeform Tegra K1.

Also many popular current gen games got port (although dumbed down) such as PubG or Ark or world of tanks.

Only reason we wont see IV on mobile devices is poor legacy support from R*.

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

Why wouldn't you? Right now, we'll see GTA IV on mobile devices. It isn't poor legacy support from R*.

Edited by Hussein Sonic

Wolver_321

Why wouldn't you? Right now, we'll see GTA IV on mobile devices. It isn't poor legacy support R*.

Listen, I played all the storyline of GTA San Andreas on my smartphone for seeing how it feels like playing a GTA on a phone: it's horrible! You have a little screen which is also occupied by the hud and the buttons in the angles, the controls aren't very responsive and you may miss some "touches" when you're driving (I found very very difficult to control a car properly like I do on PC/Console versions). Probably the only reason why I completed the storyline was for not feeling like I wasted money when I bought it. But honestly, if you have only to judge how is the final game, I think that Rockstar has done a good work with GTA III/VC/SA/LCS, but you have also to consider what are the limitations of a smartphone. GTA IV has more advanced mechanics than these old games not based on RAGE and even if smartphones' hardware are better than PS3/Xbox 360/PC minimum and reccomended requirements I don't think they're capable yet. And remember that GTA IV's size on PC is of about 15GB, so a smartphone port would be of around 8-9GB: considering that most of the phones have only 11GB of available space for the user, who will install this brick? I'm 100% sure if Rockstar wants to make a Remastered version of GTA IV it will be on PS4/Xbox One and maybe Switch, but I wouldn't discard a possibility of a LC expansion for GTA Online... Even if I wouldn't be so happy, from what I undesrtood the dripfeeding of the last DLC will end on 17th April, only 12 days before the 10th anniversary of GTA IV. Let's see what will happen :)

Hussein Sonic
Posted (edited)

Listen, I played all the storyline of GTA San Andreas on my smartphone for seeing how it feels like playing a GTA on a phone: it's horrible! You have a little screen which is also occupied by the hud and the buttons in the angles, the controls aren't very responsive and you may miss some "touches" when you're driving (I found very very difficult to control a car properly like I do on PC/Console versions). Probably the only reason why I completed the storyline was for not feeling like I wasted money when I bought it. But honestly, if you have only to judge how is the final game, I think that Rockstar has done a good work with GTA III/VC/SA/LCS, but you have also to consider what are the limitations of a smartphone. GTA IV has more advanced mechanics than these old games not based on RAGE and even if smartphones' hardware are better than PS3/Xbox 360/PC minimum and reccomended requirements I don't think they're capable yet. And remember that GTA IV's size on PC is of about 15GB, so a smartphone port would be of around 8-9GB: considering that most of the phones have only 11GB of available space for the user, who will install this brick? I'm 100% sure if Rockstar wants to make a Remastered version of GTA IV it will be on PS4/Xbox One and maybe Switch, but I wouldn't discard a possibility of a LC expansion for GTA Online... Even if I wouldn't be so happy, from what I undesrtood the dripfeeding of the last DLC will end on 17th April, only 12 days before the 10th anniversary of GTA IV. Let's see what will happen :)

You're wrong again, cause R* wants to make a remastered version of GTA IV for the PS4/Xbox One/Switch, then make a mobile version of GTA IV to celebrate ten year anniversary.

They're adding San Fierro and Las Venturas in GTA V as map expansions and completely redesign San Fierro and Las Venturas to be more like the real-life San Francisco and Las Vegas.

Edited by Hussein Sonic

Wolver_321

I'm trying to understand why I'm wrong with a SPECULATION... You seem too much sure on what you're saying, if you aren't an insider or a Rockstar employee you can't know what they will do next and me neither. But now I didn't get your point: if you said that Rockstar wants to make a Remastered version of GTA IV for PS4/Xbox Once/Switch and then a mobile port, you're agreeing with me and practically everyone else! This will be probably one of my latest post (if not the latest one) in this topic, we're talking of the same thing over and over again :lol:

Jdogg4089
Posted (edited)

You're wrong again, cause R* wants to make a remastered version of GTA IV for the PS4/Xbox One/Switch, then make a mobile version of GTA IV to celebrate ten year anniversary.

They're adding San Fierro and Las Venturas in GTA V as map expansions, then redesign San Fierro and Las Venturas to be more like the real-life San Francisco and Las Vegas and completely redesign Liberty City to be more like the real life New York City to add Liberty City in GTA V as map expansions.

Keep dreaming buddy. And Half life 3 released tomorrow because they said so. A map expansion would be quite dumb at this point. Because they can barely keep up with one map. What the heck would they do with more maps?! The GTA v map is already insanely underutilized and making a huge map expansion like that would darn near be another game. I would rather have GTA 6 with many naps because this game is horrible on ps4. Edited by Jdogg4089

Mastah

They're adding San Fierro and Las Venturas in GTA V as map expansions, then redesign San Fierro and Las Venturas to be more like the real-life San Francisco and Las Vegas and completely redesign Liberty City to be more like the real life New York City to add Liberty City in GTA V as map expansions.

No, they don't and no, they aren't.

leqz97

No,even if high end smartphones today can run GTA IV at high setting,most people who owns that kind of smatphones are probably people who just want to show off their wealth and doesn't really care about gaming in general.A Switch port is more better since the Switch is made and marketed as a portable gaming device in mind.And sorry if I sound rude or anything but people who ask for ports of demanding games on mobile are usually poor people who doesn't even have the money to even buy the gaming system it was originally on.That's probably why PUBG even got to mobile.

R4gN0r0K

I tend to agree on that. From what i've seen the only people who want mobile ports are the ones who can't afford a gaming rig or console, and their low end smartphone probably won't do the job that good either.

I personally don't care about a IV mobile port, the controls would be a pain like they already are with most mobile games (including R* previous ports). I'm just saying that we are in the time where current smartphones are (sometimes) better than PCs from 10 years ago, which is kinda crazy if you think about it

Jdogg4089
Posted (edited)

I tend to agree on that. From what i've seen the only people who want mobile ports are the ones who can't afford a gaming rig or console, and their low end smartphone probably won't do the job that good either.

I personally don't care about a IV mobile port, the controls would be a pain like they already are with most mobile games (including R* previous ports). I'm just saying that we are in the time where current smartphones are (sometimes) better than PCs from 10 years ago, which is kinda crazy if you think about it

A lot of people have garbage phones and would not be able to run it. Heck, a lot of higher end devices have trouble running the mobile port of bully!

Edited by Jdogg4089

R4gN0r0K

If a port would happen AND done properly, high end phones should handle this game.

That seems to be the big problem till now. I wanted to verify that bully claim and installed it on my Pixel XL and it ran well but did not feel smooth.

I guess it's a mix between the updated graphics and rushed port. Using high-res textures and more modern looking shaders while still using a FULL HD screen (which does decrease the FPS since its basically a TV resolution but on a smaller sized screen) does eat some resources. It's kinda like IV on pc. bad port, and using higher textures and shaders on a full hd screen does not play well.

Again. IF a port would be done correctly it should be possible. And they'd have to keep themselves from "updating" the graphics (which imo look terrible on all Mobile ports)

Hussein Sonic

Nope.

DirtCheap

Nope.

You sound so sure about what you are saying yet you show no proof of any of these things being real