GTA Vice City PC

Crevis

So alot of peple struggled to run GTA3 on their beat up systems. Im guessing vice city will need at LEAST a 1.0ghz CPU with probably a prefered 256 --> 512mb of ram. Im also thinking it will be 3 cds = Alot of hard drive space.

My pc is currently this

850mhz AMD Duron

256mb SDRAM

60gb HDD over 2 seperate HDD's (40gb + 20gb)

Geforce4 MX 440

hmm, i run GTA3 flawlessly but i dont think i will run vice to great. I am upgradeing however to this

Athlon XP 2400+

512mb DDR 400 (3200)

GA - 7VA

so vice should run fine for me but what abut everyone else?

*Tony Montana*

This topic has been posted too many times to count but just to be nice here's my sh*tty comp specs.....

Pentium 4 2.26Ghz

512 ram

GeForce4 ti-4200 video card

soundblaster audigy

80GB HD

i also got a 17" flat LCD so the graphics are a little better with that

I ran GTA3 smooth as butter...not worrying at all about Vice.

Oh and I highly doubt GTA VC with be 3 CD's....thats pushin it.

My specs (I'm affraid):

500 Mhz AMD K6-2 3D-Now!

192 SD RAM

8,4 Gb, f*uckin noname HDD

Riva TNT2, damn old card

Shu, I can't even run Pong! I've got GTA3 PC, and I'm  getting Vice City PC nontheless.

I'm just going to run it on my dad's pc.  :pp

hey i am certain  vice city will work on my computer

16MB Ram

120Mzh processor

1.35 gig hard drive

1 mb graphics card

lame sound

only good thing direct x 8.1

glad i have a ps2

All_Vice_City
hey i am certain  vice city will work on my computer

16MB Ram

120Mzh processor

1.35 gig hard drive

1 mb graphics card

lame sound

only good thing direct x 8.1

glad i have a ps2

I dont know if my computer stacks up to yours, but mine is

2 Ghz (2000 mhz)

40 GB

512 mb

6USB

Thats all the stats I can think of wret now.

This topic has been posted too many times to count but just to be nice here's my sh*tty comp specs.....

Pentium 4 2.26Ghz

512 ram

GeForce4 ti-4200 video card

soundblaster audigy

80GB HD

i also got a 17" flat LCD so the graphics are a little better with that

I ran GTA3 smooth as butter...not worrying at all about Vice.

Oh and I highly doubt GTA VC with be 3 CD's....thats pushin it.

You call THAT sh*tty? Here's mine

533 mhz

GodknowswhatterribleVideoCard (I think like 16 mb or less)

182 MB RAM

15 BG Hard Drive

And a crappy Emachines model to boot!

aggressor27

nah

133mhz

32 megs of RAM

Voodoo2 video card 32 megs

200 meg HD

built in sound card with 4 megs

My specs are

Pentium 4

2.1 ghz

ATI RADEON 9500 Pro

GTA vice city will run flawlessly on my computer

why do you doubt it will be 3 cds? I think it will be

GTA3 was 2 cds and Vice has so much more data than gta3 doesnt it? more weapons = more animations, more cars = more skins and textures needed, Bigger city in general, enhanced graphics. Not to mention the amount of music

cd 1 of gta3 was the game data, cd 2 was just audio.

You cant tell me they are gonna fit all the vice game data on 1 cd, no 2 cd game install the 3rd will be there hours of music

well then how are they going to run the game, unless you can fully install it. Changing cd's in the cd-rom just to go to the other island would just be wrong, and idiodic.

My stats: i'm alright wit gta3 now, but i'll be a little wary about vice. maybe i'll upgrade my video card to a

Geforce 4 ti4800

Geforce 4 MX440

Pentuim 4 2.4Ghz

80GB HDD

1024mb DDR ram

52x CD-rom (not that it matters)

Exkabewbikadid
no see, you install with cd 1 and 2 and then play the game with cd 3

Exactly.  That's the way MAFIA is too, 3 CDs totaling 1.9 GB of Hard drive space.

Yeah, I'm 99% certain Vice will be a 3 CD installation.  Especially with all the audio there is.  Unless Rockstar made the bold move to release the game on DVD-ROM, but I've never heard of a pc game being released on DVD yet.

Well. I hope VC will run flawlessly on my system after I upgrade it.

P4 1.8 Ghz

512 MB DDR

Radeon 7000 (upgrading to a 9500 Pro or a 9700 Pro)

120 GB HDD

oQywcQM.jpg

GTA3Freak-2001

Remember all the problems people had with GTA3 running slow on really good PCs and some people getting better performance from older PCs, this was because of Rockstar not converting the game properly from PS2. I am pretty sure that Rockstar won't make the same mistake again. This means that if GTA3 ran a bit slow on your PC Vice should run better why you ask well it's simple, GTA Vice runs on a optimized Renderware engine that has had something done to it that stops the game from loading unnecessary game data that is being loaded for an area that you may not be going into. This was the case with GTA3 which when converted to PC the problem became known as in the slowness. The result of this should mean that GTA Vice on PC will run better than GTA3 did, well hopefully anyway.

Exkabewbikadid

That's a good point GTA3freak_2001.  I think that's called the occlusion system that Rockstar developed to stop the renderware engine from drawing "out of sight" objects.

Also I heard that the replay function was another factor in the game running so slowly.  Hopefully they'll fix this or give the option to disable it this time.

oQywcQM.jpg

well ive got a:

intel pentium3

1.0Ghz

80 GB

512 Ram

64 MB Gforce4 mx420

Directx9

and GTA3 Runs smoothly on my Pc.

and ill be getting Vice city. buyt ill upgrade to a

pentium4

3.0Ghrz

so hopefully its will kick ass!  :p

Will definately not run on my home pc, but it should on my dad's. Here are the specs for his:

Intel Pentium III Processor (704mhz)

448 megs of RAM

120 gig HD

Latest DirectX (I think it's like 9 or somethin)

NVidia GeForce MX 400

(And just to be an arse, It has like 7 fans in it, DVD, CDRW, Hugeass monitor, surround sound, and all that good sh*t).

My comp at home:

Crappy Compaq Presario.   :/

~ Solid ~

yay someone who supports my 3 cd theory :) I would laugh if VC actually was 4 cds but i dont see that hapening. I think VC will NOT run as good as gta3. Sure its been optimized, but i think that performance increase is countered by the bigger city, better cars and just generally bigger and better. I dont think it would run as good as gta3 at all, something to do with the view distances when ur 100ft up in a chopper perhaps. but goddamit COME OUT ALREADY OR AT LEAST can they give us some info rather than "Its comming"

when the hell does it come out then on the P.C.

well it just so happens that if you go on one of the vc forums there aare, in big bold letters the vice city pc release date :p

i have a P4 1.9 Ghz.

256mb ram

64mb geforce 2 mx400

40gb hard drive

TFT monitor

I really want Vice City for pc cus i havnt played it yet on PS2. Do you think my specs are up to it, cus im not so sure???

*Tony Montana*
why do you doubt it will be 3 cds? I think it will be

GTA3 was 2 cds and Vice has so much more data than gta3 doesnt it? more weapons = more animations, more cars = more skins and textures needed, Bigger city in general, enhanced graphics. Not to mention the amount of music

cd 1 of gta3 was the game data, cd 2 was just audio.

You cant tell me they are gonna fit all the vice game data on 1 cd, no 2 cd game install the 3rd will be there hours of music

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything to start with but I never bought GTA3...I "borrowed" it. I own a PS2 sooo...  In my mind 3 cd's didnt seem right but from what I read in here you are probably right.

yes same here i really want it for the p.c because i have no ps2 and do you no when it comes out on the P.C :D

I got :

Xp1800+ (1,533)

512 DDR (2100-266)

Geforce3 ti200 64mb DDR

old 17" monitor that cant show bigger refresh rates(damn)

Maybe i'll get a new graphics card but this system ran gta3 nicely. Just a bit slow in Staunton Island and when it rains.

i have a P4 1.9 Ghz.

256mb ram

64mb geforce 2 mx400

40gb hard drive

TFT monitor

I really want Vice City for pc cus i havnt played it yet on PS2. Do you think my specs are up to it, cus im not so sure???

You definetly need a new video card.

Ahhhh poo. I cant afford the top range grafix cards. Do you think if i upgraded to a 64mb Geforce 4 mx440, would help? Cus thats all i can afford really. And theres also a Radeon 7500 128mb, but isnt that too old? i dunno.

:r*:

I think Vice City will only have 2 CD's. The install CD is only like 200 megs, so they might be able to fit all of the new stuff.

And I think VC will run great on my comp. I have:

P3 933mhz

ATI Radeon 9000 pro 128mb

256mb ram

60gb hd (40gb free)

Good sound card with kickass speakers

Exkabewbikadid
Ahhhh poo. I cant afford the top range grafix cards. Do you think if i upgraded to a 64mb Geforce 4 mx440, would help? Cus thats all i can afford really. And theres also a Radeon 7500 128mb, but isnt that too old? i dunno.

:r*:

I'd suggest that you steer clear of the Geforce MX series altogether.  A geforce4 MX 440 is basicly a retooled geforce2, it shouldn't even be given the "Geforce4" title really.  If you don't want to spend too much, I'd reccomend you get a Radeon 9000 Pro 128 MB which costs about $100-130 US.  Or for about the same price, you can now find a Geforce4 Ti 4200 128 MB on the internet for around $100, which would be better than a 9000 Pro for that matter.

oQywcQM.jpg

Moo! (see sig \/)

*  0* *0  *

--------