3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MrMet4

Progen GP1

capton_cutclass

So the question is do I trade my Tyrus in for this baby? I think so...I dont know I will have to see.

Foxwolfe

So anyone else thinking that Those LM mods are just lsc stuff and not the actuall parts of the car

When you first buy it?

Just saying to prevent Some dissapointment if the car would turn out to be a gta version of a stock F1 instead.

I mean rockstar always customizes the screen shot cars.

I think everything red on this car is a Customized part

f8nt4ty.png

I'd add the hood and hood pins to that as well.

Curious to see what all can be done to it in the end as the Tyrus and T20 leave a lot to be desired when it comes to customization whereas the GTB had a nice amount.

Passione

Rumours of a $2,950,000 price tag on the GP1, has anyone else heard these rumours?

TacitusKilgore

Rumours of a $2,950,000 price tag on the GP1, has anyone else heard these rumours?

There have been no leaks as of yet. Rumors are rumors and are most likely not true. Edited by AlphaSierra111996

Snoopbr

The F1 is a legend. I hope the make the rear very similar to the original

Mexicola9302

hope we get a koenigsegg agera someday in gta. the entity xf just sucks in races.

Edited by Mexicola9302

APB

I don`t see GP1 being any more expensive than Tyrus tbh. Tyrus is priced at 2.55 mill, this could be 2.60 mill or even less.

Commander S

I don`t see GP1 being any more expensive than Tyrus tbh. Tyrus is priced at 2.55 mill, this could be 2.60 mill or even less.

Yeah - I'm guessing more around the $1.5 million (Tempesta, Nero) to just over $2 million (T20) range, depending on performance, since this isn't a full-on racing car.

(...or not, if R* decides to do the same as they did with the Lynx... :p)

coynedawg

I'm not sure the seat is central, if you look where the bump on the dashboard ends it looks more like it's just normal RHD to me, hard to tell from this angle but as it's based on the Tyrus it'd be strange for Rockstar to go to the trouble of modelling that in the centre (And the associated First Person view) when they didn't bother on the Tyrus.

Will be interesting to see how it performs, again if it is as it seems that it's the non-race version of the Tyrus then you wouldn't expect it to be quicker than a Tyrus, but who knows with Rockstar Logic!

Leadfoot530

I'm not sure the seat is central, if you look where the bump on the dashboard ends it looks more like it's just normal RHD to me, hard to tell from this angle but as it's based on the Tyrus it'd be strange for Rockstar to go to the trouble of modelling that in the centre (And the associated First Person view) when they didn't bother on the Tyrus.

Will be interesting to see how it performs, again if it is as it seems that it's the non-race version of the Tyrus then you wouldn't expect it to be quicker than a Tyrus, but who knows with Rockstar Logic!

That's not necessarily bad logic, though. A lot of GT racing cars have to be homologated to be on the same level as other cars that it's racing against. GT2 spec cars are quicker than a GT3 spec car for this reason.

I believe it was one of the Corvette GT2s that actually lost power from the roadcar to racecar to get it to meet specifications.

Racecars are definitely going to be faster around a track, but that might not hold true for something in a straight line.

We'll have to see, though. Hopefully this thing comes out sooner than later.

pez2k

I believe it was one of the Corvette GT2s that actually lost power from the roadcar to racecar to get it to meet specifications.

Yeah, the C6.R GT2 was based on the ZR1, which in roadgoing form had a 638hp supercharged 6.2-litre. The racecar had to be naturally aspirated, and was reduced to the 5.5-litre class displacement limit via homologation waivers as there were no roadgoing Vettes below 6.2 litres at the time. Power was probably in the low 500s for the racecar, handled by intake air restrictors across the class.

The F1 longtail that the Tyrus is based on was also reduced slightly in displacement, from 6061cc on the road to 5990cc on the track. The restrictors in 90s GT1 were pretty lax though, so with the removal of the mufflers and cats the racecar was still slightly ahead on power.

There are actually a fair few historic GT1 cars less powerful on the track than the road - the Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo made 750hp on the road while the racecar stuck with the naturally aspirated motor at 600-odd, while Mercedes / HWA somehow managed to get away with building the CLK-GTR homologation roadcars after the racecar had been retired, so the final few built used the AMG 7.3-litre with over 700hp. For current racers, the 458 and 488 GTE are in the same boat as the C6.R was in terms of power drops, and ignoring the GT3 badging the 911 RSR doesn't make near the power of a Turbo S. In GT3, I suspect the GT-R, Bentley and M6 at least are making a touch less than the ~600hp roadcars.

IceDree

There are actually a fair few historic GT1 cars less powerful on the track than the road - the Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo made 750hp on the road while the racecar stuck with the naturally aspirated motor at 600-odd, while Mercedes / HWA somehow managed to get away with building the CLK-GTR homologation roadcars after the racecar had been retired, so the final few built used the AMG 7.3-litre with over 700hp. For current racers, the 458 and 488 GTE are in the same boat as the C6.R was in terms of power drops, and ignoring the GT3 badging the 911 RSR doesn't make near the power of a Turbo S. In GT3, I suspect the GT-R, Bentley and M6 at least are making a touch less than the ~600hp roadcars.

It also happened somewhat recently with the GT2\GT-LM class, when Dodge briefly returned to racing in 2012 with the SRT Vipers, their cars made 450hp from the same 8.4L V10 ... Full 190hp less than their Road going counterparts.

el carlitos

This is what the Tyrus should have been from the first. I guess this is going to be my second super sport cars. Great I´m happy.

Carter4point8

I really want this car. The Tyrus was okay, but I always hated that spoiler and the racing interior.... Glad we're finally getting a street version.

IceDree

The F1 is a legend. I hope the make the rear very similar to the original

I must've watched this over a 100 times when I was a kid. Thank you for bringing back some happy memories.

I really want this car. The Tyrus was okay, but I always hated that spoiler and the racing interior.... Glad we're finally getting a street version.

Don't forget about the rivets & the Pisswasar windshield sticker.

Carter4point8

Oh, yes. Forgot about those.

Edited by Carter4point8

pez2k

It also happened somewhat recently with the GT2\GT-LM class, when Dodge briefly returned to racing in 2012 with the SRT Vipers, their cars made 450hp from the same 8.4L V10 ... Full 190hp less than their Road going counterparts.

Yeah, good example, there was talk that the racecars were running the old 7990cc displacement too. It actually reminds me of the best example - when Zakspeed were dominating the VLN series in Germany with their GTS-R, the organisers changed the rules to reduce the maximum displacement and implicitly ban the car. Zakspeed responded by removing the front two pistons and rods and raced with only 8 functioning cylinders!

spincther

Don't forget that the Tyrus isn't just an F1 LongTail, but also a Saleen S7!

sh*t, I thought I was the only one who saw s7 cues here and there on the Tyrus.

deadx23

I already customized mine

z24OjhW.jpg

in my head :p

Commander S

^ All that's missing is a rainbow border and a couple of honkin' big yellow arrows... :p

Me, I'm going to be horribly predictable, and just go for classic orange - Apex rims if the stock ones aren't a better copy of the real LM ones.

Mazawattee

z24OjhW.jpg

So did I!

j9yPZ7G.jpg

MusicTamed

z24OjhW.jpg

So did I!

j9yPZ7G.jpg

Riced up a perfectly nice Super car! 😂😂 Edited by MusicTamed

FaultyDroid

z24OjhW.jpg

So did I!

j9yPZ7G.jpg

Chrome horse on the roof, nice. Is that after Bennification?

marco6158

I really hope it will be a stock McLaren F1 which can be modded into a GTR. Even if I think I'll buy it anyway, it's sexy.

Murciélago

I thought everybody saw a bit of S7 in the Tyrus lol. Especially the body shape

Mazawattee

I thought everybody saw a bit of S7 in the Tyrus lol. Especially the body shape

I originally saw the S7 in it before I noticed the F1.

AboveAndBeyoncé

hope we get a koenigsegg agera someday in gta. the entity xf just sucks in races.

Well apparently there's a rumor that we are supposed to be getting a new Overflod based off the Koenigsegg Regera, fingers crossed I hope its true!

z24OjhW.jpg

So did I!

j9yPZ7G.jpg

of course this is how GiantsGiants will be customizing his GP1

xInfamousRYANx

As long as I can make it look very close to the F1 LM I will be very happy. One of my favoite cars ever since NFS High Stakes

el carlitos

Can somebody photoshop an orange one with black rims please.

eyman

Can somebody photoshop an orange one with black rims please.

I will try give me a minute or 2