Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,253 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MrMet4

Progen GP1

eyman

It shouldn't be too hard to implement 1 or 3 seats. they recently experimented with placing random seats/places on vehicles, just look at the Phantom Wedge or The Wastelander also some vehicles already are 1 seaters like Jets and Bikes. it's not too far fetched.

Mattoropael

I find the 3-seater aspect weird and I won't doubt that Rockstar will keep it as a 2-seater...

A 3-seater would need bespoke animations and code to handle, so I really doubt it will be. I suspect the driver in the photo is on the left, but just has an odd seating position like in the 811 where most players barely peep over the dashboard.

... Or it can be the US-spec F1 where they removed the left passenger seat to meet yet another set of stupid American regulations.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I find the 3-seater aspect weird and I won't doubt that Rockstar will keep it as a 2-seater...

A 3-seater would need bespoke animations and code to handle, so I really doubt it will be.

Y'all act like Rockstar doesn't know how to program.

"OMG THAT NEEDS NEW CODE THEY CANT DO IT"

:lol:

Muf*cka they make games. They've been making games for years. They put out new ass sh*t almost every month. Making new animations for them isn't rocket science.

I'm noticing a trend. People who don't know a thing about programming just listen to the know-it-all shrews with no social skills who think they do but don't or suck and can't come to terms with the fact that Rockstar is way more experienced than them and likely more so than they ever will be. lmao

Edited by Scaglietti

Mexicola9302

I more interested what the classic turismo and infernus will look like they will be benny`s cars and you probably need to own the basic versions of the cars im gonna buy a infernus now. :D

Still have a turismo in a garage but i sold my infernus never liked it before maybe it looks great as retro custom.

Edited by Mexicola9302

patzat179

I more interested what the classic turismo and infernus will look like they will be benny`s cars and you probably need to own the basic versions of the cars im gonna buy a infernus now. :D

Still have a turismo in a garage but i sold my infernus never liked it before maybe it looks great as retro custom.

I hope they are new cars entirely, Bennys upgrades are a rip off. I love the elegy retro and the comet retro, but the prices are ridiculous.

APB

If that`s the case they will have a nope from me. Oh well, that`s likely the case with the "Classic" cars that are coming, makes sense too since we already have the Retro Comet and Elgey.

Commander S

Well, depends which ones are 'retro custom' versions and which are 'classics' - something like the Turismo Classic sounds more like a separate car, like the Coquette Classic or Virgo Classic.

By extension, I wonder if any of the Benny's-appropriate ones will be getting 'classic custom' variants...

Back to the GP1, and on a similar note, I'll be interested to see what customisation options are available. I'd imagine there's going to be some spoiler options other than the one in the pic, although no idea if that's a mandatory stock spoiler. Same for the front tow hook and canards - it's the sort of thing that'd make sense as a custom option, although I'm going to err on the side of caution, and keep my expectations low. ;)

(...still getting it, regardless!)

Edited by Commander S

éX-Driver

A 3-seater would need bespoke animations and code to handle, so I really doubt it will be.

Muf*cka they make games. They've been making games for years. They put out new ass sh*t almost every month. Making new animations for them isn't rocket science.

I'm noticing a trend. People who don't know a thing about programming just listen to the know-it-all shrews with no social skills who think they do but don't or suck and can't come to terms with the fact that Rockstar is way more experienced than them and likely more so than they ever will be. lmao

*implying Rockstar hasn't avoided dealing with this problem before*

*implying the Tyrus/F1LT isn't left hand drive for exactly this reason*

*implying the Elegy Retro isn't left hand drive for exactly this reason*

*implying modders haven't known for YEARS that rockstar codes their cars in such a way that basically requires them be LHD, and requires serious fenangling to make them RHD or Centre Seat*

Edited by éX-Driver

AcidRunner

*implying Rockstar hasn't avoided dealing with this problem before*

*implying the Tyrus/F1LT isn't left hand drive for exactly this reason*

*implying the Elegy Retro isn't left hand drive for exactly this reason*

*implying modders haven't known for YEARS that rockstar codes their cars in such a way that basically requires them be LHD, and requires serious fenangling to make them RHD or Centre Seat*

>Trying to greentext out of 4chan

jdv95

So anyone else thinking that Those LM mods are just lsc stuff and not the actuall parts of the car

When you first buy it?

Just saying to prevent Some dissapointment if the car would turn out to be a gta version of a stock F1 instead.

I mean rockstar always customizes the screen shot cars.

HaRdSTyLe_83

so, when is this supposed to be released? where are all th youtube leakers etc ? :p

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

MGgames100

So anyone else thinking that Those LM mods are just lsc stuff and not the actuall parts of the car

When you first buy it?

Just saying to prevent Some dissapointment if the car would turn out to be a gta version of a stock F1 instead.

I don't think that anyone wants to see those in the stock version (unless you can remove everything...)

The less unremovable parts, the more freedom you have with the car. Some people will put biggest spoiler and racing stuff, and some (including me) will prefer it to be as clean as possible.

so, when is this supposed to be released? where are all th youtube leakers etc ? :p

"this spring" Edited by MGgames100

GodAllMarley

Its a shorter Tyrus, whooptie, with some new door design... Double whooptie... Wasnt a fan of the first model, why bring out a second

MusicTamed

I hope the engine note isn't as high pitched as the Tyrus. I know the McLaren F1 has a high pitched engine tone but only at relatively high revs or going at max speed. I just don't want us to receive a beautiful looking car / hopefully good performance with an engine sound of an RC car. :music::music::music:

ripsta

oh wow, a McLaren F1 and cheetah classic woohoo ! very anticipate for these cars !

Dacelo

Its a shorter Tyrus, whooptie, with some new door design... Double whooptie... Wasnt a fan of the first model, why bring out a second

A common criticism of the Tyrus was the unremovable race features and Piswasser decal, and this one's more based off a civilian LM F1 rather than the F1 GTR Longtail. Plus it seems to be solely based on the F1 this time around rather than being a Saleen S7 mix.

Commander S

A common criticism of the Tyrus was the unremovable race features and Piswasser decal, and this one's more based off a civilian LM F1 rather than the F1 GTR Longtail. Plus it seems to be solely based on the F1 this time around rather than being a Saleen S7 mix.

Yep - between that and the older game throwback cars*, it sounds like R*'s actually been listening to feedback about how previous cars have been received.

*I'm inclined to think that one of the things that might have prompted R* to finally put in some classic GTA cars is the Elegy Retro Custom - it's been really well-received, and it's pretty much a modernised version of the classic San Andreas Elegy. Wouldn't be surprised if the GTAO team looked at that, put 2 and 2 together, and realised that giving people cars wot look like older GTA cars would sell like gangbusters. :p

eyman

When you first buy it?

I think everything red on this car is a Customized part

f8nt4ty.png

MusicTamed

What performance do you guys think we will get out of this car? Do you reckon it will be in the top 10 Supers or just another super with minimal performance?

JesusFR33K

What performance do you guys think we will get out of this car? Do you reckon it will be in the top 10 Supers or just another super with minimal performance?

All the Progens are fast, i would bet this one is a t20 rival at least. The price will be a good indicator.

update_lsc

oh wow, a McLaren F1 and cheetah classic woohoo ! very anticipate for these cars !

...Rockstar never mentioned a cheetah classic.

It should be at least in the top 10. I mean, it's an f1 lm in the end. It's gotta be fast.

But i thought the same about the tyrus, and its performance is disappointing.

(Ambient)

When you first buy it?

-gp1-

I hope you're true.

Commander S

I'm also tempted to think that the wing mirrors will have some colour variations, because normally when a car has carbon mirrors, they're a custom option (along with primary/stock and secondary colour options).

Also, speaking of secondary colour, I'd hazard a guess that the black panels above the headlights are included in the secondary colour sections - going by the real-life LM, at least.

eyman

-gp1-

I hope you're true.

Same

I'm also tempted to think that the wing mirrors will have some colour variations, because normally when a car has carbon mirrors, they're a custom option (along with primary/stock and secondary colour options).

Also, speaking of secondary colour, I'd hazard a guess that the black panels above the headlights are included in the secondary colour sections - going by the real-life LM, at least.

Yeah I was debating that, the more customization the better.

Edited by eyman

pez2k

It's not about skill, it's about resources and cost to benefit ratios. From everything that has been said by R*, this is a 'small' interim content pack while they work on a larger pack (Gunrunning). It does not make sense for them to divert resource from the larger project (and, lest we forget, RDR2) just to tweak the seating position in a single car. Being realistic, the vast majority of players don't care if it's a 3-seater and there will not be a significant impact on sales of the game and sales of ingame currency if it's just LHD. The benefit of spending developer and animator time on implementing the 3-seater layout is thus much, much smaller than the cost. If you want to argue credibility, I'm a career developer with experience of the games industry and this sort of decision is my daily bread and butter.

It's also worth noting that the left-hand-drive layout has been an inherent hard-coded limitation in nearly every GTA game that DMA / Rockstar have produced. GTA London effectively just used a mirrored player sprite to hard-code right-hand-drive instead, and still did not support multiple driver positions. This isn't a change on the scale of allowing the Dodo to be flagged as both a boat and a plane at the same time, this is a fundamental assumption that has been written into the engine since its inception.

I'm not saying it's impossible to do - if R* wanted to port the game to UE4 and run it on a Vita even that is possible. What I'm saying is that it does not make obvious business sense to do so, and R* are primarily a business, so it's unlikely to happen.

LeakyLine

Because you're not the only f*cking person playing the game.

MusicTamed

What price do you reckon it will be? If we see that the T20 is $2,200,000 and the Tyrus is $2,550,000, could we see it being in the middle or less than the T20 around the $1,700,00 mark?

Mach1bud

What price do you reckon it will be? If we see that the T20 is $2,200,000 and the Tyrus is $2,550,000, could we see it being in the middle or less than the T20 around the $1,700,00 mark?

For this car I would imagine around 2 million, but it is hard to guess.

Deltroid

Been waiting for a mclaren f1 since i played a lot with that car in midnight club 3 dub edition, one of my favorite!

Edited by Deltroid

jtSwifterrz

For this car I would imagine around 2 million, but it is hard to guess.

I feel like this car might be priced higher than a T20, maybe even more than a Tyrus. Reason being in real life, buying an F1 LM today would be around $14 million as it was one of the rarest classic super cars, as a P1 today would "only" cost around $2.5 million. Hopefully it's not though, but will buy it regardless.