3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Alborghetti

RDR2 at E3 2017

191 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we will see Red Dead Redemption 2 at E3's stage this year?

Dee.

my nuts/account is on the line though lol

VenomsnakeVII

my nuts/account is on the line though lol

Slowly but surely that day, DeeDogg calmly descended into madness as he knew Kirsty drew near. With her newly sharpened blade at the ready, DeeDogg whimpered silently not knowing how to accept his fate. And as she readied for her new trophy, she leaned in right next to his ear and said...... Deez Nutz Gottem

R.i.P Dee Ye hardly knew ye

2015-2017

Edited by VenomsnakeVII

Geeknet

I have many reasons that I doubt Rockstar or take two will not show any RDR2 content. Possibly whatever take two has that isn't rockstar related could be at E3 but most likely not RDR2.

When was the last time Rockstar was at E3?
Because I don't remember... Im sure that after e3 is when we will get more RDR2 news.

Kirsty

Sony will also be pushing its partnerships, "We have a Call of Duty partnership, a Destiny 2 partnership, Red Dead partnership with Take-Two and Star Wars with EA," says Ryan. While unwilling to specify the nature of these deals, it's likely we'll see trailer premieres at the very least.

http://www.glixel.com/news/playstation-is-winning-but-what-next-w485683

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385880

:panic:

Spider-Vice

Inb4 just a small mention on how RDR2 is shaping up nicely and they'll have a bundle releasing next Spring.

DGSimo

Sony will also be pushing its partnerships, "We have a Call of Duty partnership, a Destiny 2 partnership, Red Dead partnership with Take-Two and Star Wars with EA," says Ryan. While unwilling to specify the nature of these deals, it's likely we'll see trailer premieres at the very least.

http://www.glixel.com/news/playstation-is-winning-but-what-next-w485683

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385880

:panic:

That's....what? The delay announcement killed any kind of E3 showing, or at least I thought so but that quote now has me second guessing.

Spider-Vice

Well, someone at GAF did make a point. If they really wanna show off RDR2 at E3 and it's not delayed further, then this is the E3 to do it.

Kirsty

I've still been holding on to a bit of optimisim that it'll be mentioned, but this reaffirms it, they bought those partnership rights so why would they not use them?

IF it does appear, the question is whether it'll be something new that we haven't heard before, which is unlikely, or just a mention in perhaps a trailer of all their partnerships with snippets of the debut trailer or latest screenshots.

Spider-Vice

I don't think Sony has ever done that though, just replaying trailers that are months old at E3. It might be a simple mention, but if they have content it's definitely gonna be new.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Dee.

Im guessing it will be just a name drop. Damn my cynicism!

But hopefully we get artwork/screens while a guy in a suit rambles on about it.

Also, how long did it take you to get activated Kirsty?

Jason

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Dee.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

Me neither. I just don't wanna be snipped :(

Rafae

E3 is only a week away 🤥

Time flies. God, it would be such a joy to get an RDR2 trailer and more details Monday and then Gunrunning the next day.

Zello

How I imagine it going on Monday

During Sony's E3 Conference

"And now we have a special announcement from one of the leaders of our industry. Sony has teamed up with Rockstar games to bring the best Red Dead Redemption 2 experience to PS4. Here's a sneak peak at the game."

Just as they are about to show footage a group of people with baseball bats run up on stage and break the screens. One of them kidnaps the Sony rep and runs away.

Dee.

How I imagine it going on Monday

During Sony's E3 Conference

"And now we have a special announcement from one of the leaders of our industry. Sony has teamed up with Rockstar games to bring the best Red Dead Redemption 2 experience to PS4. Here's a sneak peak at the game."

Just as they are about to show footage a group of people with baseball bats run up on stage and break the screens. One of them kidnaps the Sony rep and runs away.

Terrible. Rockstar hires ninjas not thugs that just run out in the open to attack!

The whole theater might just go black followed by horrified screams. And as the lights turn back on, the Sony exec is lying dead on the floor from a poison dart

Edited by DeeDogg_

Darrel

Personally, I think maybe some news screens in the presentation and maybe a clip?

But, other than that. Probably not.

kiveress
Considering recent delay and screenshots as apologize, i'm almost sure

we will get nothing of RDR 2 at this time.

Typhus

Here's the thing, Rockstar doesn't need E3. But, if they're smart, they'll create a more open dialogue with fans and the gaming industry as a whole.

I ask you: When Nintendo announced Breath of the Wild, and everyone lost their sh*t, did it really hurt that they did so at a big gaming event - instead of after months of stubborn silence, and vague promises of new "in a few weeks/months"?

This whole aloof act they're putting on doesn't endear people to them. Is it the worst thing in the world to try and engender some good will? To actually treat your fans like they matter?

BUT THE BENZ

R* didn't need E3 because they had the benz! ironically, now they don't have the benz no more and they can't show off at E3 --> because therefore they need the benz. (to make the game really great and have it run bugfree). it's a loophole you can't escape and R* is right down that virgo

RedDagger

are you a markov chain bot or what

Zello

R* didn't need E3 because they had the benz! ironically, now they don't have the benz no more and they can't show off at E3 --> because therefore they need the benz. (to make the game really great and have it run bugfree). it's a loophole you can't escape and R* is right down that virgo

fRYcXRv.jpg

Dee.

lol exactly. His name is so fitting. He has The Benz on the brain

Spider-Vice

Fully composed list of E3 conference times. We'll be aiming for Sony.

DBkacBcUMAE3TiI.jpg

We'll be pinning this thread for full discussion on Friday or so for the good old yearly hype.

Edited by Spider-Vice

RedDagger

I'd like to add for general E3 discussion there's a pinned E3 thread in gaming.

Kirsty

Do you think RDR2 will be mentioned* at E3?

*can include just a name drop or some new or old info, verbal or visual

Join me in anticipation:

zardoz-sean-connery-297x300.jpg

Rafae

"We have a proud partnership with Rockstar Games in regards to Red Dead Redemption 2. RDR2 will be arriving to PS4 and Xbox One in Spring 2018. Thank you for your attendance, good night everyone"

Dee.

"We have a proud partnership with Rockstar Games in regards to Red Dead Redemption 2. RDR2 will be arriving to PS4 and Xbox One in Spring 2018. Thank you for your attendance, good night everyone"

pretty much...if we're lucky

Jabalous

Once the Sony suit man says Red Dead, everybody would start holding their seats and their hearts would start pounding faster, hoping for a trailer to be shown, only to be disappointed seconds later and starts feeling bitter. In any case, hearing Red Dead or Rockstar mentioned is a delight on its own. Also, Sony wouldn't mention Xbox on their stage.

Edited by Jabalous

Spider-Vice

Indeed. Only Rockstar mentioned Xbox One and PC when the V remaster was announced.

Jason

My guess is they'll have a block to talk about their third party stuff. Destiny 2 and Fifa will be the highlighted games, with a fleeting mention for RDR2 and that we'll hear more about that later this year.

Saying that though, I'll go into E3 the same way I do every year, hoping for a major Rockstar reveal or trailer only to be bitterly disappointed as per usual. It's a vicious cycle I tell ya.