3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Car Windows: New Modification Ideas

CaribbeanKid

As it stands - cars are not actually that lethal or scary to a guy with a gun. For the most part, unless caught unaware, a driver of a vehicle is at the mercy of the pedestrian.

Even racing past - guys can autotarget and end you.

The whole "drive backwards" routine is silly too.

My suggestion is to offer unique window treatments with different abilities:

* Bullet resistant - each upgrade reduces the damage taken by the target. Start at 15% and go up to 75%. You still get hurt, but it doesn't ruin a Sunday drive. These windows are more resilient in crashes than standard windows.

* 100% Bullet proof - windows are completely impervious to bullets, but windows also do not roll down. No damage comes in, no damage goes out. These windows are almost impossible to shatter from crashes.

* Front windshield tint - makes auto-aiming have a percentage chance of failing. Start at 10% and go up to 40%.

There was a weak version of this done for the "armored cars" but for the most part - they are pointless. We should have the option to armor up any vehicle. While this may be too difficult to implement in GTA5, these are definitely some ideas I'd like to see in GTA6.

I don't want vehicles to be overpowered, but the current game mode makes vehicles extremely weak.

• Like 3

The armored cars with bullet resistant windows can save your life if you just want to drive around without the intent of killing anyone while still having your CEO abilities.

Sometimes I use either my armored Schafter, armoured Cog 55 or armoured Baller LE for sightseer because doing it in a Buzzard makes you vulnerable to homing missiles, and it is also boring.

But I do like your sugestions, and I would also add that we should be able to applly different window tints of different colors.

Edited by pedinhuh
  • Like 3

I think the Savage should have bullet-proof glass, kind of like the good old 'Bob. Other military helicopters should have bullet-resistant glass (like the armoured Shafter, cars like that).

As for cars, I'm not sure. Wouldn't that take away a bit from the armoured cars?

Would need to be bullet resistant I think anyway - as opposed to completely bullet-proof. Don't want every car becoming the Kuruma.

I think the Savage should have bullet-proof glass, kind of like the good old 'Bob. Other military helicopters should have bullet-resistant glass (like the armoured Shafter, cars like that).

As for cars, I'm not sure. Wouldn't that take away a bit from the armoured cars?

Would need to be bullet resistant I think anyway - as opposed to completely bullet-proof. Don't want every car becoming the Kuruma.

EVERY military helicopter should bullet resistant windows, its quite stupid to see that they wouldn't have those when the pilot is quite exposed in an attack.

Also, the windows of the armored cars are bullet resistant but they wont hold it together for long, they can break after sustained fire blast from the AP Pistol, I noticed this when I do headhunter with my Kuruma and I could kill all the tagets in the armoured cars.

And that is what I like about them, no windows can remain bullet resistant under constant fire.

• Like 1

What I would suggest with the current "armored cars" is make their glass structural integrity base HIGHER than that of standard cars. As the structural integrity collapses, so does the damage resistance.

So, stealing RPG elements with random numbers to show what I mean:

A standard window has 100HP before it breaks.

Make the armored car window have 300HP before it breaks.

When the window is at 50% health, it will function 50% as well.

The HP should not be heavily impacted by bullets, but through crashes and such.

As for the Karuma - I think that the issue with the Karuma is that versus NPCs you're nearly invulnerable. Versus people, it's just hard to shoot through the gap. It isn't the bullet proofing that makes the Karuma tough ... it's that little viewport you can shoot through.

And that is what I like about them, no windows can remain bullet resistant under constant fire.

I agree, they should have structural integrity.

But, they should be far tougher than they currently are and available on more vehicles.

I can take my BMW to an auto-armorer and get bullet resistant glass tomorrow. They won't turn me away because it is not an "armored car".

That's my issue.

Love that idea, that's some damn good logic right there.

As Hunter said, the same should apply on Pegasus vehicles, especially military-styled ones IMO.

• Like 1

I love the idea & I'd upgrade the majority of my collection almost immediately.

One thing though, you are severely underestimating the armored cars, They are far from useless. They can save your life & get you out of bad situations if you utilize em right. They saved my ass plenty of times from all kinds of attacks.

I have 8 of them & I don't regret buying any of them.