3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Tomas.

Launch Episodes as DLCs in GTA IV

praxena

Pls i am using patch 8 main game and patch 2 eflc. Done everything according to the guide but still getting invalid resource error. It was fine before i tried this guide, pls help me launch the game again.

praxena
Posted (edited)

A proper way to load the episodes as DLCs in IV for Patch 7/8, as if you downloaded them via GFWL:

• Since I don't think sharing full DLCs here would be very legal, at least I will provide only the files that are different from standalone EFLC ones or exclusive to DLCs, so EFLC with Patch 2/3 installed is needed as well. Download the files; do the following steps while the archive is downloading.
  • Make "DLC" folder in your IV's directory.
  • Make a folder for TLAD in the "DLC" folder and another "content" folder in it.
  • Make a folder for TBoGT in the "DLC" folder and another "content" folder in it.
  • Copy TLAD contents from EFLC\TLAD to IV\DLC\*TLAD folder*\content and TBoGT contents from EFLC\TBoGT to IV\DLC\*TBoGT folder*\content
  • Open downloaded archive and extract "TLAD" folder contents to DLC\*TLAD folder* and "TBoGT" folder contents to DLC\*TBoGT folder*

TLAD example of resulting file hierarchy:

iosPL15.png

• Install both "GTA IV tool" and xliveless (keep in mind, it's different from the listener's version).
If you're on Win 10 and have some issues, try setting Win 7 compatibility for GTAIV.exe

Optionally, you can use just one of the DLCs, this shouldn't damage the game.

Pls i am using patch 8 main game and patch 2 eflc. Done everything according to the guide but still getting invalid resource error. It was fine before i tried this guide, pls help me launch the game again.

Edited by praxena

praxena

I have managed to pinpoint my problem to the xlive.dll that i downloaded from the given link. When I use the normal one, the game works (without dlc ofcourse), but when I use this one,....well.... Invalid resource detected error.

Is there no one to help?

Blackbird88
Posted (edited)

I finished all the games and there's some anti-piracy trigger in TBoGT mission Party's Over. Whenever you kill 3 guys Gay Tony instantly dies and the mission fails. All other missions are fine.

Also DLC saves work in EFLC.

Edited by Blackbird88

Tomas.
Posted (edited)

If you're on Win10, are you sure you're using Win7 compatibility for GTAIV.exe? It looks like the "GTA IV tool" (which removes the triggers you mentioned) fails to work for many people who use 10, and I'm not sure what needs to be fixed, but it'd be good if someone knows though - the source code is included. For now, use the compatibility mode as a workaround..

Edited by Tomas.

Blackbird88
Posted (edited)

I don't use any compat mode. Finishing it in EFLC was better workaround. Hopefully it gets fixed one day :)

Edited by Blackbird88

zanesix
Posted (edited)

So does this only work in 1.0.8.0 or something? Get nothing but a black screen, even with compatibility mode.

Re-installed the game from scratch and get "invalid resource detected" now. At least I'm not alone on this one.

Update: For me only works on patch 8, launching it on patch 7 gives me the error.

Edited by zanesix

George Costanza

try windows 7 compat mode on gta4.exe

(tbh i dont see reason to use 1.7 anymore, as snt works on 1.8 already)

zanesix

Tomas helped me fix it over discord, apparently the game just didn't like my downgrade files. All is working now (at least as far as I know).

PacketOverload_x64bit

There's a mod that brought over the map changes from EFLC to IV; some searching and you should be go to go.

@OP, very useful, thanks!

I wanted this to work! I DL'd it and followed the steps but it doesn't work. Download at ModDB. Sad it wouldn't work.

Neptune Homme

Moved to Tutorials.

Dock

There's a mod that brought over the map changes from EFLC to IV; some searching and you should be go to go.

@OP, very useful, thanks!

I wanted this to work! I DL'd it and followed the steps but it doesn't work. Download at ModDB. Sad it wouldn't work.

Did the new patch break it or something? I haven't tried the map mod in ages, but I don't see why it would break.

Also gg on pinging a quote from over a year ago :D

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Doesn't work with me. Vanilla game starts, without a menu.

I followed all of the steps, properly. So, I'm guessing, is is related to the registry?

Edited by Kane49

Gravarty
Posted (edited)

Yeah it goes straight to GTA IV, i also tried to change it to Windows 7 but it doesn't work. I want to create a complete GTA IV installation in one folder, before R* is going to totally destroy this game.

Yeah it seems that Tomas. deleted the reg files that are required to make them show up, so this is tutorial is useless now :/

EDIT: I'm stupid af, you have to use the modified xlive.dll to make it work, well sorry for the bump then :D

Edited by Gravarty

iiCriminnaaL 49

you have to use the modified xlive.dll to make it work

I already do that. No luck.

VollgasPilot
Posted (edited)

Works perfectly for me on latest Windows 10 x64, even without compatibility mode or registry values.

Just make sure you use "xlive catspaw-virusek-pd" posted by aclair (scroll down) for patch 1.0.8.0 / 1.0.3.0 (GTA IV runs best with this latest patch).

https://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=60668&start=855

So what are the benefits of this merge except that it saves space?

I have noticed that the EFLC radio stations / songs are beeing added to GTA IV base game. Thats great.

For example Vladivostock FM switches between the russian music music from base game and EFLC techno music

Any other benefits? EFLC radio stations / songs stay the same, right? Maps sadly also stay the same, so no Maisonette 9, Hercules etc. in base game...

If you wanna have lets say the russian Vladivostock FM music from base game in TBoGT, just download it as mp3 from youtube (as 1 file) and put it in usermusic folder, so that it plays on Independence FM.

Also install the fixes listed here:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/812542-movement-on-the-steamdb-page-for-both-iv-and-eflc/?p=1070181121:

Edited by VollgasPilot

Tomas.

Radio songs are the same and may be heard in every game, but no EFLC-exclusive radio stations (Vice City FM, Self-Actualization FM, RamJam FM). Also in TLAD, shows are working properly so you can see cabaret shows from IV, as well as Ricky Gervais and Katt Williams performing periodically along with Frankie Boyle.

iiCriminnaaL 49

Works perfectly for me on latest Windows 10 x64, even without compatibility mode or registry values.

Just make sure you use "xlive catspaw-virusek-pd" posted by aclair (scroll down) for patch 1.0.8.0 / 1.0.3.0 (GTA IV runs best with this latest patch).

https://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=60668&start=855

So what are the benefits of this merge except that it saves space?

I have noticed that the EFLC radio stations / songs are beeing added to GTA IV base game. Thats great.

For example Vladivostock FM switches between the russian music music from base game and EFLC techno music

Any other benefits? EFLC radio stations / songs stay the same, right? Maps sadly also stay the same, so no Maisonette 9, Hercules etc. in base game...

If you wanna have lets say the russian Vladivostock FM music from base game in TBoGT, just download it as mp3 from youtube (as 1 file) and put it in usermusic folder, so that it plays on Independence FM.

Also install the fixes listed here:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/812542-movement-on-the-steamdb-page-for-both-iv-and-eflc/?p=1070181121:

I'm already using the necessary XLiveless version. Still goes to straight vanilla IV only.

svilen87

Can I just ask where are the locations of the savegames, because when I Chose to play IV after adding the DLCs it began a new game?

Tomas.

Because the 'savegames' folder is not moved (unlike listener's xlive), saves are located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_1122334400000000 (default xuid from xlive.ini).

svilen87

Ok, thanks. But now I have another problem: if I try changing the radio station in EFLC, the game crashes. Any solution?

svilen87

Anyone? I still don't know how to fix the problem. Help, please.

Tomas.
Posted (edited)

Most probably you have EFLC files replaced incorrectly with the DLC ones from the archive, make sure it's all correct.

Edited by Tomas.

cp1dell
Posted (edited)

What's this about only being able to use one DLC at a time or something, mentioned a page or two ago? Something about only being able to use TLAD or TBOGT one at a time?

Does that mean you can only have the songs from only TLAD or TBOGT carry over to IV, not both? Nevermind, I understand now. Haha

And I haven't had a chance to try this, so I'm wondering what exactly the "GTA IV Tool" is, and what it does? Also, after following this tutorial - can you remove EFLC from Steam? Are you copying the files over from the EFLC folder (keeping them in their EFLC folder), or moving the files over without copying - so the EFLC folder is barebones?

Edited by cp1dell

Tomas.

GTA IV tool's features are listed in the readme, mainly it just does additional stuff for proper work of the DLCs. After copying/moving the files from TLAD/TBoGT folders of standalone EFLC, you can do whatever you want with this game because the files are basically in IV now.

Also this method has not been tested after the Steam update adding/removing songs so I can't guarantee that everything will work as intended with that.

cp1dell

Good to know, and no worries. I've already reverted back to pre-radio patch and downgraded to 1.0.7.0/1.1.2.0.

svilen87

Fixed it, thanks.

svilen87

Very sorry to bother AGAIN, but now I have another issue. The draw distance on the epsidoes is f*cked. Regardless of how I have set it, objects, streets and buildings appear only when I get close to them. Looking for a solution.

cp1dell

Since George's EFLC "Downgrade" Patch for the radio contains backups of the EFLC stations - does that mean if it's applied after following this guide - you'll have the EFLC exclusive stations in the two episodes?

Tomas.
Posted (edited)

You should apply the downgrader for EFLC before following this guide, that'd be more proper I guess. If you're talking about Vice City FM, Self-Actualization FM and RamJam FM, then again no, these stations are exclusive for standalone EFLC release only.. unless someone makes a mod to use them in IV.

Very sorry to bother AGAIN, but now I have another issue. The draw distance on the epsidoes is f*cked. Regardless of how I have set it, objects, streets and buildings appear only when I get close to them. Looking for a solution.

To be honest, I don't think it's caused by this particular guide, more of a different graphical issue :/ Edited by Tomas.