2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Tomas.

Launch Episodes as DLCs in GTA IV

Tomas.

A proper way of turning your episodes from the standalone EFLC game into individual GTA4 DLCs, as if you bought them from the now-defunct Games for Windows Marketplace. This won't work on versions older than Patch 6 since it was the first one to have the DLC support.

Note: this method is not optimized for the Steam update adding/removing songs - do the downgrading first if you have both IV and EFLC on Steam!

1. Since sharing full DLCs here would be piracy, I'll provide only the files that are different from standalone-EFLC ones or exclusive to DLCs, so EFLC with Patch 2/3 installed is required as well. Download the files; do the following steps while the archive is downloading.
  2. Make "DLC" folder in your IV's directory.
  3. Make a folder for TLAD in the "DLC" folder and another "content" folder in it.
  4. Make a folder for TBoGT in the "DLC" folder and another "content" folder in it.
  5. Copy TLAD contents from your EFLC folder (EFLC\TLAD) to the IV DLC 'content' folder (IV\DLC\*TLAD folder*\content) and TBoGT contents from EFLC\TBoGT to IV\DLC\*TBoGT folder*\content
  6. Open downloaded archive and extract "TLAD" folder contents to DLC\*TLAD folder* and "TBoGT" folder contents to DLC\*TBoGT folder*

The resulting file hierarchy should look like this:
    Spoiler

This should look the same for TBoGT, just the e2_ files instead of e1_

iosPL15.png

7. Install XLiveLess, XLivelessAddon and Ultimate ASI Loader.
    This specific XLiveLess is universal, works with many GFWL games and does the main DLC activation; XLivelessAddon is a plugin which contains all GTA4 features from original XLiveLess, plus it does additional stuff for the DLCs to work properly. Also, instead of using the provided XLiveLess (which doesn't load ASI plugins on its own), you can just use Ultimate ASI Loader but renamed to xlive.dll

Credits to catspaw for XLiveLess with DLC support and @ThirteenAG for his Ultimate ASI Loader and XLivelessAddon.

Edited by Tomas.

CartmanKusanagi

Patch 1.0.8.0 user here. To be honest, I mainly did this for having the merged soundtrack in vanilla IV, but everything works like a charm! Thanks!

Edited by CartmanKusanagi

theNGclan

I've used this method but I can't get the DLC to appear?

Zolika1351

The DLC select menu doesn't appear, only the normal GTA IV menu on startup. 1.0.7.0.

Edited by Zolika1351

Tomas.

The DLC select menu doesn't appear, only the normal GTA IV menu on startup. 1.0.7.0.

Are you using Win 10? Try with Win 7 compatibility, the tool doesn't get along with this OS AFAIK. Edited by Tomasino

Zolika1351

Are you using Win 10? Try with Win 7 compatibility, the tool doesn't get along with this OS AFAIK.

I'm on Win 10, compatibility tab doesn't appear, tried to "fix compatibility problems" on LaunchGTAIV.exe and manually set it to Win7 like that but it didn't work, all it did was make a white line appear at the bottom on startup then go away at the splash text. Compatibility tab appeared for GTAIV.exe, set it to Win7 that way, didn't work either.

Edited by Zolika1351

Tomas.

Try Win XP/Vista and run as admin.

Edited by Tomasino

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Those OS are history brother!

Zolika1351

Try Win XP/Vista and run as admin.

Didn't work either. Though I remember that before trying what OP said, it didn't let me select either, so it's probably not the tool, but GTA IV itself.

Does it matter that I downgraded from Steam 1.0.8.0 to 1.0.7.0?

Tomas.

-

Edited by Tomas.

_CP_

Works fine, thanks.

El Dorado

why it wont work with older patches?

_CP_

Because there were no released DLCs until patch 6.

Jimbatron

Hmm, would dearly love to get this to work but as far as I can see I followed all the steps and it doesn't.

Couple of questions - 3) and 4) I assumed the directories should be \TLAD and \TBoGT ? However you've then written out the full prose for the titles which makes it a bit ambiguous.

8) A further xliveless? What do you mean by further? I have one in the main GTA IV directory - do I need another one - and if so, where?

Windows 8.1, patch 7 retail versions of IV and EFLC. Tried compatibility mode for Windows 7, made no difference.

B Dawg

You create a DLC folder, and TLAD and TBOGT folders inside it.

Edited by B Dawg

Jimbatron

OK I read the other thread on this, and realise what went wrong. Listener's xliveless I was using won't work for this. Tomasino, you might want to add to the OP that it's a different version of xliveless here, as you did in the other thread.

Anyway, looks like it works. Just switched between all three versions, no problems visible so far. Cheers Tomasino :^:

Incidentally the new .dll put my save game files here:

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_1122334400000000

(Unlike Listner's version that moves them to Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames). The above looks like the location that your games get saved to if you are using GFWL, but seems to be replaced with a default user profile number. My saves recorded using Listner's xliveless copy into this and work fine.

The GTAIV.exe needs Windows 7 compatibility mode enabled for me on Windows 8.1 - or else it doesn't work, it gives me a message about not having the rights for the content.

Edited by Jimbatron

Tomas.

Couple of questions - 3) and 4) I assumed the directories should be \TLAD and \TBoGT ? However you've then written out the full prose for the titles which makes it a bit ambiguous.

OK I read the other thread on this, and realise what went wrong. Listener's xliveless I was using won't work for this. Tomasino, you might want to add to the OP that it's a different version of xliveless here, as you did in the other thread.

Thanks, fixed a bit.

Incidentally the new .dll put my save game files here:

C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_1122334400000000

(Unlike Listner's version that moves them to Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames). The above looks like the location that your games get saved to if you are using GFWL, but seems to be replaced with a default user profile number. My saves recorded using Listner's xliveless copy into this and work fine.

You can change this number in xlive.ini though.

xInfamousRYANx

This combines the radio stations? If so you are a legend! Been trying to figure out how to combine the radios like they are on 360 for me with the dlc

Tomas.

Yeah, it's exactly like you own DLC versions of the episodes via GFWL.

xInfamousRYANx

Cool gonna check this out this weekend

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Is it possible to run GTA IV in EFLC?

Tomas.

-

Edited by Tomas.

AmigaMix

This Thread is pretty cool! I really hoped for something like this to happen... but what do you mean with:

You can also use only one of the DLCs, this shouldn't damage the game.

?

Ivan1997GTA

This Thread is pretty cool! I really hoped for something like this to happen... but what do you mean with:

You can also use only one of the DLCs, this shouldn't damage the game.

?

I think it means you can only use one episode at a time, so this means you can't have both TLAD and TBOGT, it's one or the other. Edited by Ivan1997GTA

AmigaMix

That's what I was thinking. ' sounds strange, though.

Edited by AmigaMix

B Dawg

I was able to use both DLCs, but of course I didn't want TBOGT to f*ck up radios, nor do I play it so I didn't (althought it's probably because I used a slightly different DInput where the only difference is - [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rockstar Games\GTAIV\DLC Ready] and I also downloaded some registry file (of which I don't think I have link to anymore)

Edited by B Dawg

Tomas.

I think it means you can only use one episode at a time, so this means you can't have both TLAD and TBOGT, it's one or the other.

Huh, genius. You STILL can use both DLCs, but at the same time you can ALSO use only one of them...

\DLC Ready

This wasn't proper registry path so I removed this part. It can be used to make a .reg file if you don't have DLC selection menu in vanilla IV, without DLCs installed.

Edited by Tomasino

AmigaMix

You STILL can use both DLCs, but at the same time you can ALSO use only one of them...

Oooh! I was too sleepy when I read the sentence... makes sense.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Why do you even need that lol :whuh:

Coz EFLC's Liberty City looks quite more real than that of IV's.

Dock

There's a mod that brought over the map changes from EFLC to IV; some searching and you should be go to go.

@OP, very useful, thanks!