3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA IV is now Backwards Compatible on Xbox One

Kirsty

Translation: it's another port over. Whoopee.

I really hate Microsoft selling this as "backwards compatibility" when it's nothing of the sort. It's a title by title port that's triggered and you download once you put your disc in. It does not play off your disc. Backwards compatibility plays off your disc and supports the game that's on disc.

How anyone gives M$ a pass on this is beyond my comprehension. It's marketing speak that dumbs down gaming. These are the type of things that made me leave XBOX. Microsoft treating consumers like idiots and selling something that isn't really what you think it is.

Wonder how much cash Phil and the Legoland at Redmond pushed to R* on this one. You know R* wouldn't do it on their own. No economic incentive.

It's too bad because their Port overs were a creative way to get last gen games on the XBone. It's just the way they market it is typical Microsoft "we can call it whatever we want" for the best marketing appeal when it's a lie really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I was looking forward to this ever since Microsoft announced backwards compatibility. #HappAsAMuthaF****

Did you inform yourself how backward compatibility works on xbox one? because clearly you have no idea, the game is not ported it is emulated.

• Like 2

GTA IV is now backwards compatible for XBOX One and can be purchased from the online store! This is the day so many have been waiting for, I know I have. Good riddens GTAO. GTAO is a broken Player vs Player game as we all know. They can overdose on BST, I'm never coming back. Just as I was starting up GTAO I saw a friend on GTA IV and thought, No Way! I looked at the store and found it. The best part is, I've only seen one modder in a free mode and there's no turbo controller for XBOX One to ruin the PVP! Feels good.

The best part is, I've only seen one modder in a free mode and there's no turbo controller for XBOX One to ruin the PVP! Feels good.

Problem is that you can play with both Xbox One and Xbox 360 players - so the now modder-infested 360 seeps into the Xbox One game.

I guess it's a good thing they can play together, for those split on different platforms - but it means the modders and all that are a pretty big thing on the one, even though I don't think the console itself has been cracked.

The best part is, I've only seen one modder in a free mode and there's no turbo controller for XBOX One to ruin the PVP! Feels good.

Problem is that you can play with both Xbox One and Xbox 360 players - so the now modder-infested 360 seeps into the Xbox One game.

I guess it's a good thing they can play together, for those split on different platforms - but it means the modders and all that are a pretty big thing on the one, even though I don't think the console itself has been cracked.

weird if that's true? Haven't seen any turbo users in tdm disallow. Edited by wrote

Wow that's pretty awesome I have to admit even though it's my least fav GTA game. Lets hope PS4 won't be left out for too long.

BLASPHEMY!

PC Gamers be like:

"That's cute"

-snip-

Meanwhile on PS4

1485065124388.jpg

Watched the stream by GTASeriesVideos and it looks almost the same as the PC version, but (I assume) it can be played in 1080p/60fps cause Xbone > x360.

And Backwards compatibility is a good thing if you want to re-experience old titles and not just let them die whenever a "new gen" emerges.

On PS4. Can confirm. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPC that can run GTA 4 are cheap nowadays. Get a PC along with PS4. I bought one that's on par with last gen so I can play lastgen games and also I use it for work. Edited by quxxo

PC that can run GTA 4 are cheap nowadays. Get a PC along with PS4. I bought one that's on par with last gen so I can play lastgen games and also I use it for work.

GTA4's PC port is atrocious. Installed it again few days ago and it couldn't even reach 40fps with everything maxed (of course).

I don't know if patches or even EFLC fixed the performance issues the game had but the original PC release is bad.

So now when I boot up my X360 and play GTA IV online I'm also playing with X1 users emulating the game? Sweet that should increase the online user base by a good margin...

• Like 1

Would be good if you fix the episodes' maps there too though. Vehicle lists are broken as well..

It's on our to-do list to revamp all of our sites, hopefully this year some time :)

Kirsty, who did this Street View map for IV?

I believe it was a mixture of PatrickW and adamcs using Google Maps tools and a few hundred thousand screenshots, but not 100% sure of everyone involved.

• Like 3

qKssj0D.gif

I personally find there are a lot of modders around. Building up little communities and stuff might stop that though, I don't know.

• Like 1
TheOriginalGunslinger

The Lost & Damned is still dead in multiplayer... You'd be lucky to find two or three players in a Free Mode lobby. Shame really. I remember TLAD dropped and "Witness Protection" lobbies were full. That game mode was so fun if it was a full room.

The Lost & Damned is still dead in multiplayer... You'd be lucky to find two or three players in a Free Mode lobby. Shame really. I remember TLAD dropped and "Witness Protection" lobbies were full. That game mode was so fun if it was a full room.

It's a shame how the episode with the overall best multiplayer in the trilogy (or at least on par with IV's) is the one that is dead :cry:

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 2

A few weeks ago I thought that it's such a shame that GTA IV isn't available on XBONE. Oh well, here we go. Hopefully MP3 and LA Noire will soon follow.

Edited by The N. Bellic Man

*sees characters as they bob around on bikes and absorb bumps in the road with their legs in GTA 4 like how you would on a real bike*

*sees how character's arses stay glued to the seat in 5, and how hit a curved ramp forces you into a janky nose wheelie as it flings you straight up whilst staying perpendicular to the ground rather than rotates you through like in 4*

I has a sad

• Like 2

Grand Theft Auto IV

Can be Remastered on Play Station 4 (PS4).

And can be played on 50-60 FPS.

GRAND THEFT AUTO IV

can be remastered on PS4

And can be played on 50-60 FPS

It says a lot of how great GTA IV is when I've played more of it than some new XB1 games I've purchased in the last few months.

Legends don't die.