Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,895 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Kirsty

GTA IV is now Backwards Compatible on Xbox One

Tao Cheng

Funny that this just got released. I've been considering playing this again recently after watching DSP fail at it. It's been awhile since I've last played it, which I think was back in 2015.

DSP TRIIIIIES IT!!!

But for real already completed everything in the PS3 version. Not interested even if it lands on the PS4 unless there's some slight changes from gameplay. There's a 5% chance I'll even bother with it.

OysterBarron

Wasn't this image supposedly uploaded by a Rockstar dev ?

It was but that doesn't conclude it was for an IV remaster. Could've been it, but could've also been V map DLC, as it has V assets (trees).

I'm pretty sure it was part of an article about a dev that was in charge of early development of V's terrain. Due to V not actuall existing at that point he tried out the new render techniques in IV's map.

Ya Boy Punk Fan

Wow that's pretty awesome I have to admit even though it's my least fav GTA game. Lets hope PS4 won't be left out for too long.

BLASPHEMY!

PC Gamers be like:

"That's cute"

-snip-

Meanwhile on PS4

1485065124388.jpg

Watched the stream by GTASeriesVideos and it looks almost the same as the PC version, but (I assume) it can be played in 1080p/60fps cause Xbone > x360.

And Backwards compatibility is a good thing if you want to re-experience old titles and not just let them die whenever a "new gen" emerges.

On PS4. Can confirm. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by Ya Boy Punk Fan

MitchMaljers

This actually looks pretty decent on XB1 even for a 9 year old game.

Ahh the nostalgia... I remembered why I've completed GTA IV like 50 times on the 360.

Ya Boy Punk Fan

I'm assumign that when you're in multiplayer, you can be playing with people on 360?

Because I had some guy just appear in my car, start making my car veer off course, etc. Xbox One's not cracked, as far as I know.

That's the only real drawback. Wish there was some way around it - it's good fun in helicopters that aren't made of paper.

Yeah, it's cross-platform.

ToyGT_one

I'm glad that they made it available on the Xbox One since my old PS3 doesn't work well right now (YLOD). GTA IV was the main reason why i have bought a PS3 in the first place. Unfortunately, $20 for a 2008 game is a bit too expensive for me (Based on the Xbox Store).

⁣V⁣

And I'm installing it again. Just to kill Vlad again. f*cking bastard.

Who convinced me to do this....

RCSk43X.jpg

ElSaxo

I'm happy like a child that's unwrapping his Christmas presents. Also, recently I'm been able to buy a brand new copy of EFLC that for various unfortunate reasons I never played then, so I can't wait to finish for the umpteenth time GTA IV! I missed a lot Liberty City...

Sunrise Driver

Translation: it's another port over. Whoopee.

I really hate Microsoft selling this as "backwards compatibility" when it's nothing of the sort. It's a title by title port that's triggered and you download once you put your disc in. It does not play off your disc. Backwards compatibility plays off your disc and supports the game that's on disc.

How anyone gives M$ a pass on this is beyond my comprehension. It's marketing speak that dumbs down gaming. These are the type of things that made me leave XBOX. Microsoft treating consumers like idiots and selling something that isn't really what you think it is.

Wonder how much cash Phil and the Legoland at Redmond pushed to R* on this one. You know R* wouldn't do it on their own. No economic incentive.

It's too bad because their Port overs were a creative way to get last gen games on the XBone. It's just the way they market it is typical Microsoft "we can call it whatever we want" for the best marketing appeal when it's a lie really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I was looking forward to this ever since Microsoft announced backwards compatibility.

Call it whatever you want...

Most people care about two things:

A) Can they play it on their Xbox one?

B) Do they have to pay for it again?

The technical terms & the process doesn't matter to them.

The answers are:

A) Yes.

B) No, you own it (Disc or Digital download), you won't pay for the port or whatever.

The rest is history.

Could people put almost entire X360 library into XOne and just play from disc starting Nov 2013 without approvals from M$ or publishers? Can we play lesser known but still great games like MCLA on XOne? That's not true BC, rather "Xbox 360" Classics program.

Edited by Street Mix

Spider-Vice

It was but that doesn't conclude it was for an IV remaster. Could've been it, but could've also been V map DLC, as it has V assets (trees).

I'm pretty sure it was part of an article about a dev that was in charge of early development of V's terrain. Due to V not actuall existing at that point he tried out the new render techniques in IV's map.

I was the one who found it! :p It was on a developer's portfolio, just there, along with other V pictures.

Yan2295

Because I had some guy just appear in my car, start making my car veer off course, etc. Xbox One's not cracked, as far as I know.

For once, Xbox One players can experience something similar to what PC players get!

Supremo

Back to the airport I go. And this time with modders from last gen to spice things up. Happy f*cking days :)

Airport chaos was so fun back then. Especially with modders.

Cebra

Can anyone say whether or not this version is still locked at 30fps? I've seen some people saying otherwise, but IV still seems to be on my end (still haven't tried TLAD/TBoGT).

OysterBarron

I was the one who found it! :p It was on a developer's portfolio, just there, along with other V pictures.

Well in that case I either just made up that story from my fragmented memory or that was the best explanation that made sense in my mind that someone posted in your original topic.

Mastah

Can anyone say whether or not this version is still locked at 30fps? I've seen some people saying otherwise, but IV still seems to be on my end (still haven't tried TLAD/TBoGT).

GTA IV never had locked framerate. It was always unlocked (at least on 360, I don't remember if it's the same on PS3) and varied from 15 to 45 fps.

rayman617

Please tell me you can play online multiplayer with GTA IV on the Xbox one....!

Happy Hunter

I did some TBOGT multiplayer - you do have a big risk of modders though.

Danstrzy

I can't get online for some reason, it says im not connected to xbox live even though I am..weird.

Happy Hunter

I can't get online for some reason, it says im not connected to xbox live even though I am..weird.

The first time I tried to sign in it did that to me. I just kept trying and eventually it gave in and let me on - think it's probably just xbox being a bit laggy or something.

Danstrzy

The first time I tried to sign in it did that to me. I just kept trying and eventually it gave in and let me on - think it's probably just xbox being a bit laggy or something.

btw how do you get on the 360 dashboard when on x1? cant figure that out either lol.

PoeticWhisper

btw how do you get on the 360 dashboard when on x1? cant figure that out either lol.

Press both the start and back buttons at the same time.

Danstrzy

Press both the start and back buttons at the same time.

thanks dude

LaBombaRomba

How's the fps like? It's going to be worse than the 360 obviously, but by how much?

Happy Hunter

Well this is strange - I've just had it telling me I need a 450mb update (I already installed it the other day).

I wonder if it's just on Xbox One, or the game itself being patched?

Fingers crossed it kicks off the cheaters.

JON22

Here is why I prefer GTA 4 multiplayer to 5. Utter chaos and no money needed for weapons.

E9mRMa1.gif

Edit: Damn tablet.

Also none-slidey-magnet actually fun melee.

UGJbgb8.gif

Edited by JON22

rayman617

Sweeet so you can play all 3 episodes online on the X1? How does this work exactly. Can x1 players only play with other X1 players or can you also online multiplay with x360 users?

TJGM

How's the fps like? It's going to be worse than the 360 obviously, but by how much?

How is that obvious? The majority of games that are backwards compatible on Xbox One have better performance than they did on Xbox 360.

For IV, the overall FPS is better than the Xbox 360, but frame pacing is a little more chaotic, which makes feel more stuttery/delayed.

EDIT: Apparently an update rolled out for IV on Xbox One, the lights you see on bridges at night wasn't working, should be fixed now.

Edited by TJGM

Jon Jon

With all of the backwards compatibility and better mod support for FO4 and Skyrim SE, I may just end up buying myself a XBONE instead of a PS4. This is great news!

Jimmy

Although GTA IV isn't my favorite, it's really nice that they are supporting it on the current gen platforms. It doesn't really need a re-master. They should remove the blur effects though a patch though.

Brian Grey

Liberty City, I'm glad they made it backwards compatible, fun game back when it came out, my brother preferred The Ballad of Gay Tony where i'd rather play The Lost and the Damned (even though its the most depressing game I ever played) still good, weirdly multiplayer was a lot more fun, with GTA Online you can do everything and you just don't know what to do with yourself, weird huh?.

"Its good to be back my BROTHERS!"