Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,529 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

kBlaise

GTA IV officially backwards compatible on Xbox One

Mastah

Am I the only person, who has no sound in videos captured with Game DVR? Can someone confirm it's a problem?

Adri The Classic Guy

Am I the only person, who has no sound in videos captured with Game DVR? Can someone confirm it's a problem?

I think its not a problem, just like in gta 5 that mutes the radio music but maybe here mutes everything because was easier than changing it to only radio

mrpotsworth

Hope it comes to PS4 I still own a PS3 just to play TBoGT now and again

BatsOnMyArm

Does anyone else's game look grainy and blurry? Or is that how the game was it's been so long I can't remember

jpok72

Got EFLC installing right now. Gah I'm so excited!

Awesome! Me too.

Edited by jpok72

Piggsy pls

Does anyone else's game look grainy and blurry? Or is that how the game was it's been so long I can't remember

Well I have the 360 version and it's always looked that way on my TV. Kinda annoying, but even V on last-gen looked that way as well (though not as bad).

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I'm used to vanilla IV on the PS3 so I'll probably wait to see if they release it on PS4 before I give in to buying it on One. I'm pretty sure TBoGT will look the same one One though as it did 360. IIRC vanilla IV look a lot different on PS3 than 360. Different tree textures/draw distance.

kBlaise

TLAD has that grainy look, an artistic decision I suppose, because you know, bikers.

GTA IV and TBOGT aren't grainy.

Official General

As Piggsy said already, IV has always had that blurry look on the console versions, it's there on the PC versions too, but very much reduced. I really didn't like that blurry effect on the console versions when it got too much at certain points in the timecycle. Sometimes it was just fine, but most times it was a bit too much, but not enough to ruin the experience, as there were still other great aspects of the graphics and visual effects to absorb.

I'm used to vanilla IV on the PS3 so I'll probably wait to see if they release it on PS4 before I give in to buying it on One. I'm pretty sure TBoGT will look the same one One though as it did 360. IIRC vanilla IV look a lot different on PS3 than 360. Different tree textures/draw distance.

Mate, just get it on a mid to high level PC (if you already have one or can afford it), and then use an ENB, preferably CryENBv3. IV will have the graphics/detail of your dreams then.

@ kBlaise

You can switch off the grainy look of TLAD, it's option just so you know.

Edited by Official General

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I'm not a graphics nut though. My dad is rebuilding the pc that's hooked up to our TV though. I'll consider PC V and IV for that. But right now, just glad it's bc!

I've missed playing IV properly for so long!

Edited by Scaglietti

Official General

I'm not a graphics nut though. My dad is rebuilding the pc that's hooked up to our TV though. I'll consider PC V and IV for that. But right now, just glad it's bc!

I've missed playing IV properly for so long!

Neither am I, but for certain games I am indeed, and GTA is one of them, especially IV. I love LC, and seeing it in it's most stunning detail is a brilliant thing, it really makes LCV feel much more like NYC than it ever did. The fact that I finally see buses in traffic also adds to this feeling on the PC version.

Edited by Official General

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

It's crazy how fast this game loads on the Xbox One. I was expecting some lacking features and bugs, but the game runs perfectly. I love how friendly players are online compred to GTA V Online.

Jacobmaate

This is perhaps one of the greatest pieces of news I've heard all week!

I knew a remaster was unlikely, but I'm so bloody happy R* finally made it Backwards Compatible ;D

Mastah

SmokesWithCigs

sorry to say the ps4 has no backwards compatability.

El Dorado

Uncapped framerate... geez

Gnocchi Flip Flops

sorry to say the ps4 has no backwards compatability.

They'll likely port it to the PS Store though.

O.Z

This is great news, I hope it ends up on the PS4 as well

LaBombaRomba

I know I asked this in another thread about this, but how's the fps like? It's most likely worse, but by how much exactly?

Jonboy507

Oh cops and crooks how I have missed thee

Awesome !!! ... Now if only Ubisoft Can get Driver San Francisco BackCom, I'd be so Happy.

Man I miss making awesome clips with film director on that game. Even on the old driver games.

Rafae

Microsoft received the rights to both DLC's first back in 2006 (2009 they were released) and now Xbox One gets access to the entire saga first via backward compatibility.. nice lol there's definitely a thing with Microsoft and GTA IV that's for sure.

Now GTAV and RDR2 though? Nah lol that's where Sony's exclusivity comes into play.

Happy Hunter

Same here - no sound on any of its clips.

I wish it wasn't so infested with cheaters online. Multiplayer could be good fun if it wasn't for that.

Mastah

Thanks for answering. I opened Support ticket, let's see what's their answer.

I know I asked this in another thread about this, but how's the fps like? It's most likely worse, but by how much exactly?

TWIST_OF_HATE

^

For some reason I expected smth like stable 60 fps on Xbox One, but still same old sh*t.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Is it just me or is elfc really laggy?

Claude4Catalina

I'd say it looks about as great as GTA V did on last gen, not bad going for an 8 year old game pretty much being emulated. Just replaying The Cousins Bellic as I didn't have any cloud save game data...oh the nostalgia is flooding back!

yo boi ryobo

I hooked my 360 back up just to put my saves onto the cloud saved games. Thing is, I played this about 5 months ago, to replay the campaign, got up to Pegorino's 1st mission, then stopped. I forgot how sensitive the RAGE engine was, they fixed it for RDR.

Ourumov

Feels good to be back home.

zuckmeslow

Cant wait to replay gta 4. This is why im an xbox fanboy.

blowtorchrepair

My old GTA IV freemode partner and I had a blast last night playing TBGT freemode. A modder showed up and was setting everyone on fire and sometimes teleporting us across the map, but it was still fun as hell to play last night.

For me I liked the format of GTA IV's simple freemode multiplayer much more than I liked V's GTAO for freemode. Besides LC, to me, just being a better environment for all out madness, I like the simple idea of weapons strewed about the map and heath packs you can run, drive, and land a helicopter on, and the all-out blood baths that we can get into without much hassle.

While GTAO is a marvel of programming and realism with novelty stuff, like the apartment, whisky and bong hits, clothing and Amunation the game feels more like SIMS with guns. Now, after 3.5 years and having had enough of GTAO there are some things that just aren't needed and get in the way of having simple multiplayer fun. I certainly hope that the next GTA will include some classic online modes for those who don't have time or desire to live a virtual life grinding for game $ or spending real $ for game $. I love having a garage and my custom rides in GTAO, and that's all I would miss if left with only GTA IV to play.

Does anyone else feel this way?