1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Starting from Scratch (Could You?)

fw3

Starting from Scratch (could you?)  

191 members have voted

1. 1. If a hard reset of all accounts occurred, could you start all over again from scratch?

• Heck yeah, I just love playing the game, any way it's presented!
    • I suppose I could, but it would be more painful that a root canal.
    • Yes, but not for long. I'd get real tired real quick of the low payouts, long hours, and constant grinding.
    • I don't think I could, or at least not with any kind of enthusiasm.
    • No way, man. Not me. I'd use the game disc as milk coaster!
    • None of the above / Other

Just for the sake of the discussion, let's just say Rockstar's servers just completely failed, all data for all players is lost.

Within a couple of days, they resolve the issue, but the data is not retrievable, so players are told, "sorry, here's $500,000 for your troubles, but you gotta start again."

At that one moment in time, every player is a level zero, has no garage, no cars, no clothes, no weapons, no nothing except $500k.

Here are the questions I would begin with, given the provided scenario:

• Would you play again?
• What would be the first thing you'd do?
• Where would you choose to live?
• What car would you get first?

• How would you begin making money?
• Would you consider buying a Shark Card (or two, three, etc.)?
• Once you had enough money, would you spend it to do Heists? MC? CEO?
• How would it affect your current routine of gameplay?

And in contrast:

• What would you do different this time?
• Anything you wouldn't do?
• Anything you wouldn't buy?
• How would you spend your money?

In the GTA universe, it's not impossible that Rockstar "could" (but likely wouldn't) do a hard reset of all game data and accounts, allowing players only to keep what money they've purchased via Shark Cards, which would give a sizable advantage to those who made the card purchases.

I'd be curious about this scenario and how people would react. I know for me, I'd have a tough time scraping myself back to do it all over again – the grinding, the hours, the waiting and waiting... I'd likely find something else to play or go back to SP.

But how about you? Could you do it? Could you start from scratch? Cheers! :)
(if there are already threads on this topic, my sincere apologies. I searched for nearly two minutes without finding a single thread. Just saying!)

d9jDb4RINk21nud950_kgQ_0_0.jpg

Naw. I wouldn't start with a totally zero'd out character. I'm past the days where I intensively put time into GTA:O.

My modded account was money wiped last year and I've got it back up over 100 million with 200+ dupes to sell, but to do all the unlocks and lose all the properties. I'd rather go out and enjoy the fresh air honestly. I could do it, but my time is best spent elsewhere these days.

Plus, the people I played with, they've thinned dramatically. I'm really not motivated to go 'friend' hunting.

Cheers.

Edited by zoso80

askinnywhitedildo

Absolutely not.

I'd never ever ever get back to the point of where I'm at now.

Easy, I've already started a third character on a new user and he's as mean as fu*k. Rank 10, maxed out stats' and a 2.74 kd. :lol:

Starting from scratch isn't an issue if you know how to make money quickly and that your stats actually make a difference to your abilities. Wouldn't really care tbh.

Edited by Tonguegirl
  • Like 2

Same here, already have two spares just in case. Both legit and with plenty of toys :)

• Like 2

I'd actually be kind of happy when this sh*t would happen. Though just after the final date of accounts being able to transfer.

I doubt a lot who played the first few months would disagree that they were the most fun, apart from all the nice stuff we got afterwards.

I'd be flowing very quickly when it would happen:

Get a bit of money from time trials, missions, selling some cars etc.

Buy some essential weapons.

Get a cheap apartment to set up Heists.

Complete the Criminal Mastermind.

Smooth sailing from there.

I'd likely get the following vehicles (with upgrades) in order:

Bati801

Armored Kuruma

Buzzard

After completing the CM, I'd get a CEO office, vehicle warehouse, clubhouse and a Cargobob.

• Like 3

I could start from scratch as long as I have both my characters :D

Started from scratch many times. My latest is level 70 and already has 4.5mil, heist apartment, biker clubhouse and a 27 K/D. Missions, stunt racing and played all heists one time through. My main car is a Sultan, main bike is a Bati and I have a few free bikes off the street. Fun playing GTA poor. LOL

Not grinding 850 ranks back without some kind of incentive.

I don't think I could - unless something incredible got released. Like, some vehicle I just had to have, or some new stuff or something.

If my account got reset to level 1. I would stop playing GTA 5 and play another game until GTA 6 released. No point in wasting my time grinding to level 115 again.....Not worth it

I'd play again but I wouldn't grind again for it all.

A simple 6 car garage and a few selective weapons and I'd just be out looking for war.

• Like 2

Oh yeah I would start again no issues.

1st thing I would do after recreating my character, buy a Megaladon Shark Card. Immediately buy the Lombank Office, with one garage. Would steal a Dominator off the street for the first car, with the free Elegy being next. Then swing by Ammunation ans pick an Advanced Rifle and a homing launcher.

Next would be a Vehicle Warehouse, assuming I still have enough cash. If not, then I will VIP my way to that goal.

Next purchase would be a Buzzard for obvious reasons. I would not buy any Pegasus vehicles I know I won't use.

If they like, completely got rid of everything, I would also do Criminal Mastermind again. Also I would start filling up my Snapmatic Gallery again.

Edited by Mach1bud
  • Like 3

I would just play other games and wait for RDR2. Can't wait for glowing horses with gold-engraved armor and possible propeller-driven bomber planes!

Buuut upon further thought, I don't know if I could trust R* if there were to have such a catastrophic loss of players' data :O

Edited by SPECTER II

Oh yeah I would start again no issues.

1st thing I would do after recreating my character, buy a Megaladon Shark Card. Immediately buy the Lombank Office, with one garage. Would steal a Dominator off the street for the first car, with the free Elegy being next. Then swing by Ammunation ans pick an Advanced Rifle and a homing launcher.

Next would be a Vehicle Warehouse, assuming I still have enough cash. If not, then I will VIP my way to that goal.

Next purchase would be a Buzzard for obvious reasons. I would not buy any Pegasus vehicles I know I won't use.

If they like, completely got rid of everything, I would also do Criminal Mastermind again. Also I would start filling up my Snapmatic Gallery again.

Totally forgot about getting a shark card. I'd likely get one as well to get things going quickly. Though I would probably buy a smaller one, just to get the CM going.

No, I'd probably die. As pathetic as I know I sound, I have a strong attachment to my GTA:O character, having been out there with him since day one on PS3, back in October 2013. I'm probably even more attached to my vehicle collection than my character, I'd be devastated if I lost one of my favourite cars somehow. I know one day it's inevitable, GTA VI will arrive, or the servers will eventually turn off, but to lose everything right now, today? Absolutely not, I'd never play GTA V again.

• Like 2

I could but I wouldn't play for ranking up or gaining money anymore I would become a dedicated free roam warrior

• Like 2

I'd get a certain enjoyment out of doing some low key role playing based around being a car thief but no I can't see myself starting again. It'd be like making a new character on Fallout having seen and done everything in the game first playthrough, I'm full of enthusiasm at first but it quickly fades and I stop playing it.

• Like 2

I would only start from scratch if I could erase my memories about the game.

Experiencing the game completely new.

I can still remember it playing SP the first time, I got lost in Sandy Shores and it felt so huge, so much to explore.

And there is something special about experiencing a game completely new, you perceive it differently.. maybe with a touch of nostalgia after you know everything.

But yet I wouldn't erase my memories from it, there are just too many that I want to keep.

• Like 2

No. I have already lost everything to a ban.

• Like 2

@ buying shark cards to 'get started.'

The more people buy those things, the more the gaming industry will incorporate them as a business models. Gamers who buy them and support this type of thing are the ones destroying the console gaming industry and supporting it's transformation into pay to play.

Appalling.

1434037927-gta-shark-jun15-module-mast.j

Edited by zoso80

I would end up getting bored. It's not impossible, but just boring. I've played this game since day one and after grinding Biker Businesses and CEO Warehouses solo, i'd give up after a month. But I can't deny that Rockstar made it much easier to make money solo.

@ buying shark cards to 'get started.'

The more people buy those things, the more the gaming industry will incorporate them as a business models. Gamers who buy them and support this type of thing are the ones destroying the console gaming industry and supporting it's transformation into play to play.

Appalling.

Please don't screw up a good thread with unnecessary stuff like this.

No. I've been playing with my guy for over three years. If everything gets reset I'll cherish those memories but won't do it all over again.

1st thing I would do after recreating my character, buy a Megaladon Shark Card.

In my opinion, this is the mach (pun intended) of a mature gamer. Someone who understands that the value of their entertainment sometimes has an intangible price tag, while other times it's worth it to actually spend real money. I did it early on and never regretted. My kids have done it, too, with their own money, and watching the enjoyment they've had over the endless grinding was worth the expense.

Again, tho, that's my opinion.

• Like 3