4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

[DLC Concept] Import/Export: Hot Rods & Custom Classics

CarnageRacing00

CarnageRacing00

**NOTE: I will be updating the OP with ideas regularly, as i don't have time to list them all at the moment. Also, please share your ideas for additions to this concept and I will be glad to consider adding them.**

Though not likely to appear in this iteration of GTA Online, this is my holy grail of DLC.

As an addition to the Import/Export Update, a slew of "new" classic and antique vehicles has been added to GTA Online, as well as a new Hot Rod shop, new customization options, new clothing, jobs and other changes to gameplay.

Recover and Restore
Some of the most iconic vehicles of yesteryear are often found sadly forsaken in some hillbilly's back lot, awaiting the promise of a restoration that will never happen. If they haven't paid attention to these cars by now, they probably won't miss them when they're gone... right?

Using various methods of transport, such as the Tow Truck, Flatbed or Cargobob, you will now be able to track down and "acquire" broken down automotive relics and either restore them to their former glory, or change things up and modify it along the way.

An "associate" will scout the area and call in to your Secretary with a tip on the location of a prime automotive relic. Sometimes it's hidden inside a barn, sometimes it's sitting behind a shop waiting for repair, sometimes it's being transported to and from various locations. There are many different situations you may find yourself in when recovering one of these vehicles.

After "acquiring" a vehicle, you will deliver it to your own vehicle warehouse. From there, you will have the option to fully restore it to original factory condition, or add modifications to it.

You may choose to keep the vehicle for yourself, but you will foot the bill for all modifications as well as the serial plate swap.

After restoring the vehicle, if you choose to resell it, you may send it to the Vehicle Auction where players can bid on it, or have your secretary source a private buyer.

Vehicle Auction
With all these millions of dollars earned from various criminal enterprise around the city, your CEO peers may be interested in one of your prime automobiles. Or, you may want to peruse the auction for a good deal on a hard to find vehicle.

The Auction takes place online. All vehicles are given 48 REAL LIFE hours on the auction block, during which players may place bids not surpassing a maximum bid based on the relative value of the vehicle (this is to prevent exploitation of the auction system). The player who bids the maximum automatically wins. Money is deducted from their account, a percentage is paid to the auction house, a percentage is paid to your secretary and the scout, and you keep the remainder as your profit.

As a buyer, you will go to the auction website and search through vehicles, sorted by make/model and/or price.

You can access the auction website in-game, or from your real-life internet browser at socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/[platform]/auction. You will be given automatic notifications when you are outbid. Place a bid no less that $100 higher than the current maximum bid. When the time runs out, the player with the highest bid wins. Or, if a player bids the maximum, they will win automatically.

Private Sales
Identical to the current Import/Export set-up - your secretary will source a buyer and you must deliver the vehicle to that buyer causing minimal damage.

Keeping a Vehicle
You will have the option to keep any vehicle to collect, however you will be responsible for any costs associated with sourcing, transportation and repair. Keeping a vehicle for yourself offers no profit incentive whatsoever - on the contrary, it costs you money, but if it's a car you REALLY want, it might just be worth it.

Vehicle List
All vehicles on this list start out as rusted, damaged, and/or burnt out husks of their former selves. They must be restored before they are able to be driven. While you have the option of performing a straight restoration of a resto-mod, you can always revert a modified car back to stock form, or upgrade a stock restoration at any time.

DeClasse Sabre Classic (1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass with optional Pace Car livery)

daacde14733b2158951a320f675339a8.jpg

Imponte Dukes Hotring (1969 Dodge Daytona)

fl0115-204118_1@2x.jpg

DeClasse Hermes (1949 Mercury "Lead Sled")

49MercuryCoup.jpg

Vapid Hustler (1936 Ford "Five window" Coupe)

1936-Ford-Five-Window-Coupe-Front.jpg

DeClasse Walton (1959 Chevrolet Apache/Viking)

1959_Viking-11.jpg

Vapid Dominator Classic (1969 Ford Mustang GT Fastback)

18023d1306191421-1969-fastback-408-strok

Vapid Clover (1970 Mercury Cyclone)

535341-1000-0@2x.jpg?rev=2

Vapid Uranus (1990 Ford Mustang "Fox Body")

Uranus_Infobox_IV.png

Bravado Duneloader Monster (Duneloader on a Monster Truck Chassis)

cac1cf-GTA5%202015-08-17%2023-38-54-69.p

Bravado Gauntlet Classic (1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda/Dodge Challenger)

PLYMOUTH_BARRACUDA_AE-95-62_pic6.JPG

Vapid Slamvan Surf (1949 Mercury "woody" wagon with surf boards on top)

WOODIEMAIN.jpg

DeClasse Tornado Vagabond (1957 Chevy Nomad Wagon)

57-nomad.jpg

Albany Esperanto Classic (1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz)

dbd4f4c94517c6471c29dc1bcd4606ae.jpg

Albany Esperanto Retro (1970 Cadillac Eldorado, Esperanto from GTA III-San Andreas)

cadillac-eldorado-70-02.jpg

Imponte Deluxo (1981 DeLorean DMC-12)

Come on, do I really need to post a pic? If you're here, you know what it looks like.

Albany Broadway (1947 Cadillac Coupe, suggested by IceDree)

47Caddy60Special-008.jpg

Vapid Interceptor Classic (Suggested by Magical Mystery Tour)

1974-ford-falcon-xb-gt-coupe.jpg

Vapid Bobcat Sport (Suggested by Silver le Belge)

223456-GTAIV-2014-10-13-00-30-48-549.jpg

Dundreary Regina Classic

1355019374_2012120800001.jpg

Albany Buccaneer Wagon

CIMG2042.jpg

Cheval Fugitive Cruiser (decomissioned police cruiser)

1996-chevrolet-caprice-3.jpg

Special Vehicles

SecuroServ has found success in the Modified Vehicle market and has expanded its offerings

Dewbauchee JB700- The fake guns and gadgets affixed to this famous movie car have been exchanged for functional equipment. Includes: Dual mounted machine guns, tire tacks, oil slick and passenger ejector seat.

BF Shredder- A roll cage, a driver's seat, a V8 engine and tank treads- this is a fast vehicle that is virtually unstoppable. It can climb steep inclines, roll over traffic, drive upside-down... if the driver is alive and willing, the Shredder will claw its way through any obstacle. (Impervious to explosion damage, but the driver can still be killed by the concussion)

Bravado Bison Tow Truck- Able to hook onto vehicles and tow them around. Uses a tow-bar system for more control over the vehicle being towed. *Does not connect to other tow trucks*

HVY Packer Ramp- A mobile stunt jump- what more can you ask for? Park it anywhere and jump off it with another vehicle to access hard to reach places.

Imponte Duke O' Death- With a strengthened chassis and strong front bumper, this car is meant to crash into things. Traffic, people, whatever.

Albany Roosevelt (Armored)- Back during the prohibition era, the mob converted standard automobiles into serious offensive hardware to protect their booze from pursuing police. Case in point, this delivery van version of the Roosevelt has been outfitted with bullet resistant steel plates in the body and over the windows, with a trio of mounted Tommy-Guns poking out of the sides and rear. Even today, this vintage outlaw-mobile makes for an excellent getaway vehicle if you've got a little bit of cargo to move, especially since the low heat signature means that homing missiles can't lock on to it.

**MORE TO COME!**

Edited by CarnageRacing00
  • Like 11

Import\Export meets Forza Horizon! I like it.

That car list!

*heavy breathing*

May I add a couple of cars (for now)

A 47 Cadillac Coupe.

A 57 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham.

Regarding the Espartino retro. A 1970 Eldorado shares the same body with the 1967 Eldorado... Which is already available in the game as the Albany Virgo.

We need more Muscle cars, a lot more ;)

Silver le Belge

I like this concept. It would be cool to have new missions for import/export. Maybe the Wastelander will finally be useful !

I believe the auctions is not something R* will ever do. They would fear people would try to glitch cars or worse, sell them for cheap to their friends ! Think of the shark cards !

I guess à more credible way for R* to do it would be to mix special crates and special vehicles. You can buy all the new cars for a price, or you can do car theft missions until your secretary calls you and informs you à special car has been found. You can sell it for a good price and you unlock à lower price if you want to buy it on the websites. Or you keep it for a fee.

For the hot rod shop I guess Benny could do it. Or go full Roadkill, with Freiburger and Finnigan as mechanics. And if the stolen cars are rusty, have the possibility to keep the rust or have it as a livery option.

Speaking of Roadkill, à 70's street truck would nice. Maybe a Bobcat Retro with enough mods to make a Muscle Truck clone ?

Magical Mystery Tour

i Would like to add A car if you dont mind

vapid intercepter classic (ford Falcon Xb gt)

CarnageRacing00

I like this concept. It would be cool to have new missions for import/export. Maybe the Wastelander will finally be useful !

I believe the auctions is not something R* will ever do. They would fear people would try to glitch cars or worse, sell them for cheap to their friends ! Think of the shark cards !

I guess à more credible way for R* to do it would be to mix special crates and special vehicles. You can buy all the new cars for a price, or you can do car theft missions until your secretary calls you and informs you à special car has been found. You can sell it for a good price and you unlock à lower price if you want to buy it on the websites. Or you keep it for a fee.

For the hot rod shop I guess Benny could do it. Or go full Roadkill, with Freiburger and Finnigan as mechanics. And if the stolen cars are rusty, have the possibility to keep the rust or have it as a livery option.

Speaking of Roadkill, à 70's street truck would nice. Maybe a Bobcat Retro with enough mods to make a Muscle Truck clone ?

I did plan on bringing up the garage, it would actually be Beaker's garage in Paleto Bay. A bit of a drive, but worth it.

Also, as far as the auction goes, the thing is that you wouldn't be able to dupe cars because the only cars eligible for auction are the cars you "import" via a mission, BEFORE you take ownership yourself. Meaning, if you decide you want to keep the car, it can no longer be sent to the auction. You will not have access to any car you don't buy for yourself, so you won't be able to dupe them. Probably the same reason Rockstar made the current Import cars unable to be driven once stored in the warehouse.

Secondly, you would have no means of gaming the system to sell cars to friends, because all auctions are public. Pricing would be set automatically and I suppose there could be an automatic minimum bid as well as a maximum to prevent any funny stuff. You can auction off one car per REAL LIFE 48 hours. It's more worth your time to sell it to a private (NPC) buyer in most cases, but the auction is still there as the first step at opening up commerce between players.

I should also note that any car purchased from an auction will have its value set at whatever your winning bid was, so that you can't simply win a car at an auction for dirt cheap and then sell it at LSC for a quick profit.

Edited by CarnageRacing00

THE_RUSTYRAT_39

I love it but here are some things Id love to see

Vapid Tetanus (1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe)

mWyT5FZ.jpg

Vapid T Cup [or Hotknife Classic GTA S.A.] (1923 Model T Custom "AKA" T Bucket)

1923fordtbucketsr073011.jpg

Vapid Chopper (1932 Ford Sedan Custom)

1932-Ford-Sedan-Rat-Rod_(1).jpg

DeClasse Wheelhouse (1941 Willys Coupe Gasser)

d2170dfdc4614eb1bfbabc7fd75ef4d4.jpg

Edited by THE_ENDRMAN_007

CarnageRacing00

That car list!

*heavy breathing*

A 47 Cadillac Coupe.

Regarding the Espartino retro. A 1970 Eldorado shares the same body with the 1967 Eldorado... Which is already available in the game as the Albany Virgo.

The Virgo is more similar in size to a 79 Eldorado.

action79Eldo_resized.jpg

which is a significantly smaller car than a 70 Eldorado

Here is my idea for a special vehicle:

driver_carma1_heinz.png

Lrh7rra.jpg

That car list!

*heavy breathing*

A 47 Cadillac Coupe.

action79Eldo_resized.jpg

The Albany Virgo is 221" long (Gen 6 Eldorado, 1967 - 70). 17" longer than the 79 Eldorado (Gen 8, 1979 - 1985) you posted, but just 3" shorter than the 76 Eldorado (which is a Gen 7, 1971 - 1978) you posted ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Eldorado#Sixth_generation_.281967.E2.80.931970.29

https://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/1976-eldorado_convertible/

I feel like you stole my idea but probably not since we like the same stuff.

But yeah, I want all of it. Now. Please.

Edited by Mach1bud
  • Like 1

Imponte Deluxo (1981 DeLorean DMC-12)

Come on, do I really need to post a pic? If you're here, you know what it looks like.

07b82717a982db3823eb4acdacf9487c.jpg

• Like 1

CarnageRacing00

I feel like you stole my idea but probably not since we like the same stuff.

But yeah, I want all of it. Now. Please.

Yeah I know you planned on making your own concept of this theme but I figured there's no harm in having two threads. Hell, if you want to collaborate, I'm game.

That car list!

*heavy breathing*

A 47 Cadillac Coupe.

action79Eldo_resized.jpg

The Albany Virgo is 221" long (Gen 6 Eldorado, 1967 - 70). 17" longer than the 79 Eldorado (Gen 8, 1979 - 1985) you posted, but just 3" shorter than the 76 Eldorado (which is a Gen 7, 1971 - 1978) you posted ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Eldorado#Sixth_generation_.281967.E2.80.931970.29

https://www.netcarshow.com/cadillac/1976-eldorado_convertible/

Interesting... Virgo sure as hell looks smaller than that.

Either way, the styling is different enough that I think there's more than enough room for the original Esperanto to return.