1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

[PS4] R2 Doesn't shoot

ikelofe

From what I've researched, it has to do with my (in theory) worn out R2 trigger (even though it works just fine in every other game). It only shoots if I press it REALLY hard (almost breaking the controller)

It seems to be a common issue, and it has to do with the way the game was programmed (it only shoots if the trigger is pressed with 100% power it seems).

has anyone else come across this? Any ideas on how to solve it / workaround it?

Thanks

Edited by ikelofe

I use L1 for aim and R1 to shoot, but I noticed my R2 wasn't working well when I'd be in races driving the same fully maxed out car as a friend, and they would be 5 seconds ahead of me. L2 and R2 are pressure-sensitive, so they respond to how far you push them. If the spring is worn out, you get less response. How long have you had your controller?

Edited by iamcornholio

Yes I had this about a month ago. My R2 was worn out. You can replace the rubber I think.

But I just got a new controller and it worked again.

Yeah, I'll try to do that! Thanks!

I use L1 for aim and R1 to shoot, but I noticed my R2 wasn't working well when I'd be in races driving the same fully maxed out car as a friend, and they would be 5 seconds ahead of me. L2 and R2 are pressure-sensitive, so they respond to how far you push them. If the spring is worn out, you get less response. How long have you had your controller?

It's not really old. Around 2 years old I guess. I play a lot of fifa and overwatch, so R2 is really used in those games. I think I'll try to get it fixed, not sure how easily I can find a place to fix it here in Brazil haha

Had the same problem back in October 2015.. it's so frustrating lol but I'd honestly advise you to pick up a new controller.

My character would sometimes get stuck in a shooting position when using guns since the R2 button was so worn out it'd randomly press down on itself for no reason.

Yes I had this about a month ago. My R2 was worn out. You can replace the rubber I think.

But I just got a new controller and it worked again.

Yeah, I'll try to do that! Thanks!

It's not really old. Around 2 years old I guess. I play a lot of fifa and overwatch, so R2 is really used in those games. I think I'll try to get it fixed, not sure how easily I can find a place to fix it here in Brazil haha

2 years is a long time if you play often.

I got my PS4 in September 2014, and had to replace it by August 2015. Over 1000 hours in GTA Online (since it came out on PS4) and and over 500 hours on Battlefield 4 (plus other games in between), my L2 and R2 were for sh*t within a year.

If you can't/don't wanna buy a new one (I know inflation is crazy in south america), you can always just replace the springs and it should be fine, it's these pieces

https://www.amazon.com/ZXUY-Trigger-Replacement-PlayStation-Controller/dp/B00OC1J73Y

Edited by iamcornholio

Yes, has to do with worn out R2 trigger. I had noticed the same issue last month. Couldn't do burnouts anymore, needed to press like a mad man to even get to shoot a weapon at all and in races I noticed always falling behind and I mean really really far behind the lead.

• 3 years later...

My R2 control is not working. So I tried a different game and it works properly without any issue I dont know why it doesnt work in GTA 4.Its not my controller issue becuz I played gta 5 in my ps4 with the same controller andit work properly...