Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,809 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Which protagonist has the best special ability?

M\F/T  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Best Special Ability?

• Franklin (Slow-Motion & Better Handling while Driving) [Slow-Motion]
    • Michael (Slow-Motion & Fast Aiming while Shooting) [Bullet-Time]
    • Trevor (No Health Damage + Increased Accuracy & Damage on Enemies) [RAGE]

Cutter De Blanc

Trevor's is the best. I'm surprised Michael's ability got so many votes. It has literally no defensive applications, unlike the abilities of the other two.

Cambridge

I'll go with the bullet time. It really is fun to clear out an area of thugs with just headshots, especially with unlimited ability.

Dr. Robotnik

Michael's is pretty fun and Trevor's is very useful for big shootouts, but Franklin's is absolutely indispensable for shooting from a vehicle.

Gettin up

Trevor has the most useful but Michael's looks coolest.

Nelly2K

I think this is hard to answer. Trevor's is just insane, the amount of damage you can take during that time is crazy. Franklin's is handy AF for chases etc. But Michael's suits me best cause I can't aim for sh*t so I voted for him.

Ray's Occult Books

Michael for being a whiny bitch and an asshole at the same time.

Boozey St James

I personally love Franklin's ability. It's the easiest to build up and it's extremely helpful in many situations!

GTAIV2008

Agreed Trevor's rage ability is awesome, he's a crazy character & needs a ability like that.

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Trevor's is the best. I'm surprised Michael's ability got so many votes. It has literally no defensive applications, unlike the abilities of the other two.

Still, it helps to make headshots, which help us to kill the enemies easily as well as for achieving gold medals in several missions.

Cutter De Blanc

It's just that Franklin can do that too, he just has to be in a car or on a motorcycle

CaptainMental

Agreed. It just is. Slow shooting is cool, and franklin's sh*t is cool but will get you killed on the small collisions just because his mass is increased so much as well as his acceleration - it's a two edged sword with franklin. While slow shooting is cool, and feels powerful to knock out a bunch of dudes at once, Trevor is real time and visceral feeling without taking damage - Trevor wins the best special, hands down, no argument can really go against it.

Frank can pull off some awesome jumps timing the special being turned off at the lip of a jump, but really, that gets boring fast and is still outweighed by the fact when you're in his special you're automatically in a death cage of a car.

Also Trevors lines takes the cake in rage mode. Btw, some are peobably scripted if you turn it on at certain events. For instance the ambush by a man armed with a taser hiding in a bush behind sandy shores airfield, if you turn on Trevors rage ability before the man shows himself and tries to taser Trevor, Trevor will yell "Show yourself!". The taser wont work on Trevor in rage mode.

KratosDrake

Exactly. Franks ability is automatically "I can't drive good at full speed!" and "I need assists just to drive" - corny when it comes to picking a favorite, must be a noob corny guy who can't avoid a crash without a special. If we want to unlock the game, we gotta play without that handicap.

Umm, excuse me? You don't need to be all 'let's just insult for fun'. Some people are extremely bad at racing. Like me. But i have like 6 racing games (3 which I actively play and enjoy and 3 who I ain't ever touched because I need to get around to it someday). Franklin's ability is very useful in these situations. I don't care much about how do I do in shooting, so me using M and T's abilities are rare. I think I've used M's 1 or 2 times and T's 5-7 times. Question of utility.

You make it sound like people who use it are idiots. Please don't. It makes yourself look like a idiot.

(yes i know i am late as heck but what can I say)

Wiseguy94

This is a tough one. Frank's skill is godlike for driving, but Trevor can go invincible. I think Trevor's narrowly trumps both the others'.

BulletproofVendetta

It's close between Frank's and Trevor's, but I gotta go with Frank's since I use it more. Driving has never been my strong suit in the game (lol) and I don't think I'd get through races without it.

Stoney0503

Since I primarily drive bikes as Franklin, his ability has helped me from death countless times, as the increased stability, speed and turning can get you out of situations which would otherwise be impossible. The races are a cakewalk with his ability so his ability is best used in freemode and races.

Micheal's ability has been especially useful when enemies try the element of surprise, with his ability you can do headshots on a wave of enemies before they can pull out a gun. Overall his ability was the most useful in the Story missions.

I don't play as Trevor often so I don't find much use in his ability, it's mostly a panic button when theres an overwhelming amount of enemies. Though it is fun watching enemies desperatley attack you as you shread through all of them without breaking a sweat. If you're a creative player you could probably do a lot more with this.

Hot Pursuit

Michael, I am happy that there's finally bullet time in GTA, in earlier one, I used mod.

Both Franklin and trevor one were great too

ChiroVette

Its tough for me to say which one is best. I love all three abilities, and they all really suit the characters they are assigned to very well.

Trevor's rage is probably the most fun, but then again, slowing down time and increasing handling for Franklin while driving is nice. Bullet time for Michael is great in combat. There should be a fourth choice in the poll for people like me who like all three equally.

Algonquin Assassin

I like Michael's the most. Reminds me of bullet time from Max Payne.

gunziness

I like Michaels but I use Franklins the most though. (I finished the game and I dont use weapons as M anymore).

Michaels is the only one thats actually fun to use IMO (for what ^ said basically), while the others two feels straight up like cheats (used only when extremely needed).

Tycek

To be honest all of the abilities are copied from previous Rockstar games. Abilities belonging to Franklin and Trevor were copied from Midnight Club (Zone and Agro respectively). From these three however I prefer the Michael's one, because I believe it was most useful (not like gun fight was hard, but it helped a bit) and the most sensible out of them.

razorgames

i cant decide between trevors and franklins, as i do a lot of shooting, and a lot of driving.

if trevors ability could be used in vehicles too, i would be trevor.

if franklins ability worked on boats and helicopters, i would be franklin.

i wish that when you make your online character, you can choose a special ability, but that wouldnt work, as vehicles sometimes have special things, (jumping ruiner, jet engine on the back of a coil voltic, etc)

Edited by razorgames

Awesom-0

Mine is probably Franklin's special ability. Mainly because you can also use his ability to replicate Michael's special ability while using guns in the slo-mo driving. I just don't like how ridiculously fast your car is when you exit it. It's supposed to make your turns easier, not give you a broken speed booster. There has also been times where i ended up crashing my car, windshield cannoning, and flying really far away from my car.

I don't like Trevor's ability that much because you kinda feel over-powered, with you not being able to take damage at all. What i think it should have done is make your health regenerate faster, take less damage, and deal more damage.

Edited by Awesom-0

ChiroVette

I know that many V haters just love to cull endless material from just the special abilities alone, and I don't actually understand this. First thing is, last time I checked, videos games are supposed to be fun. And I think the special abilities definitely add a layer of fun to the game.

Now even though some people love to whinge about how unrealistic they are, my answer to that is, so what? Is anyone putting a gun to the player's head and demanding they use them?

See, the yoga complaints I can totally understand. Even though I am okay with the yoga, somewhat, I think Rockstar did force players into doing an entire set of Yoga in order to progress the storyline. But things like special abilities, golf, tennis, darts, my answer to people complaining about them is, so just don't use them. I have played entire saves and avoided special abilities almost completely. The beauty of GTA games is that they are ALWAYS very easy, V included.

I don't need Franklin's ability to drive or win ANY of the races in the game. I don't need Trevor's rage or Michael's Bullet Time. They are just there in the game and are fun to mess with.

Honestly, I don't have a "favorite" so I couldn't answer the poll. I enjoy all three equally, but don't need any of them to get through the game. I am sure that the vast majority of players in this forum can do or pass anything in this game without once using a special ability.

Edited by ChiroVette

Rickzu

I think I'd have to say Franklin. His is the only special ability that allows you to basically break the laws of physics and make impossible turns with cars. Also using Franklin's ability is the only way to hit top speed in unmodified single player. I still don't use it much because I enjoy sliding around corners and stuff, but in terms of usefulness I have to vote for it.

Michael is next, but since shooting in V is so easy to begin with it's not really necessary for anything. Watching things go in slow motion is just fun.

I don't really use Trevor's special ability much, I just don't like how it makes things harder to see. And since I've been trained by almost a decade and half of counter-strike to always go for a headshot the damage boost means nothing.