1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Question from someone who's been out since cunning stunts:

ikelofe

Is there anything new worth buying?

-The 60 car garage in the office seems really cool, but I already own 6 garages. Is it worth it?

-Any of the new supers/sports? Tempesta seems good, but looks too much like the reaper, and I already own other top performance cars (regarding races)

-What about the custom cars? The "Skyline" seems really cool, not sure about the others, maybe they are too expensive for me.

Thanks!

Wether or not something is worth buying is completely subjective. The new garages are worth it if you want to store more. Granted, they can be customised a little bit so there might be some added value there. Keep in mind that it's not a single sixty vehicle garage. The whole thing is broken up into THREE garages in your office building which you can buy one by one or all at a time.

Each garage holds TWENTY vehicles and has three floors. Six vehicles at the bottom, seven on the middle and top floors.

You have to decide for yourself what vehicles you want to buy, seems like you're already providing your own arguments. If you want to know what they feel like, load up a race and try them out there. You can also create your own custom race and enable all vehicles there so you can always test the new ones out in the circumstances you prefer.

As for your last question, what exactly is the question? It's a pretty cool car. The base Elegy RH8 car is free and it costs a little over 600k to turn it into the Retro variant. Plenty of customisation options, but fairly expensive.

Since you're not saying what your definition of "worth it" is, it's impossible for others to answer your questions. Be more specific please.

Yea, mostly everything is worth purchasing if you have the means. Import/Export is better than Further Finance in Follies IMO. If funds are limited and you are content with garage space, then hold off on the 60 car garage. The Itali GT is a nice car and is currently my favorite. The "Skyline" is a nice car and handles like a dream. Don't forget to check out the new clothes, if you have not already. Definitely purchase the warehouse to run the Import/Export operations so you will have another means of income as well as having fun. Enjoy.

1. If you intend to make your car/bike collection bigger (way bigger) - go for it. Otherwise not really. Here's how much you need to pay for each floor of garage (you can't buy floor 3 witohut floor 2 and 1 obviously) from GTA Wiki:

Garage 1:$1,150,000

Garage 2:$855,000

Garage 3:$745,000

Mod Shop:$900,000

Mod shop is nice, but 900k... if you're lazy and have money waiting to be wasted go for it, otherwise you might have a better way to spend them.

2 and 3. About supercars - watch this video from Broughy1322. It might help you decide if it's worth going after them (race performance-wise):

IMO Tempesta was the best in I/E update, better than Nero (but that doesn't mean Nero is bad). Itali GTB - I'm not a fan of it (in terms of looks) but it can definitely win races against RE7B, X80 and other supercars.

"Skyline" looks cool, but is a bit slower version of "R35" (Elegy). Race perfomance-wise - don't go for it, watch videos from Broughy1322 about it:

Comet Retro - it's car to show off, nothing else. And watch also this:

Except for Nero, every custom car from I/E update is slower on city track than it's normal version. If you want to go for customisation options - they are good.

EDIT: as mentioned below by kenmy13999, Broughy's videos are just a pointer. You could try and create some track in editor and test cars there (although they will be without any performance upgrades, only with look upgrade).

Edited by adamfpp

Doesn't it cost a little over 900k to upgrade the elegy to custom without discount?

I upgraded one yesterday. I actually thought the upgrade discount ended with the start of this new sale event, but if I'm wrong then yeah it probably costs more.

Would be irrelevant if the guy has the money for it now and doesn't want to wait with acquiring the Retro variant.

Doesn't it cost a little over 900k to upgrade the elegy to custom without discount?

I upgraded one yesterday. I actually thought the upgrade discount ended with the start of this new sale event, but if I'm wrong then yeah it probably costs more.

Would be irrelevant if the guy has the money for it now and doesn't want to wait with acquiring the Retro variant.

I agree with that, but I'm pretty sure I payed a little over 900k when I upgraded mine

Everything is answered in above posts.

Pretty much, except that broughys videos only should be used as a pointer. It all comes down to your driving style and preferences in the end. So people shouldn't buy a car based on only his testing

I know you haven't said that but quoted you because you said everything is answered

You decided to mark the cunning stunts DLC by telling people you're gay?

• Like 2

Thanks for the amazing explanations, everyone! It seems like if I'm ever buying something, it will be the garage, and that's it!