3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

greenrock

3 years later...who is your favorite GTA V protagonist

Who is your favorite Protag as of right now  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Protag as of right now?

• Franklin
    • Michael
    • Trevor

greenrock

Michael has the lead still

ThatBenGuy

Franklin. My top 5 favorite GTA V characters in general:

1. Franklin

2. Chop

3. Michael

4. Lester

5. Lamar

highspeed

It's still Trevor.

Franklin grows duller every play through. And Michael's family life is annoying.

Word to your mother on this one!

Wish an option to divorce Amanda would've been implemented in the game. The dynamics of the story would of made for an interesting change too.

Journey_95

Definitely Michael, one of my favourite protagonists of the series. Trevor while entertaining is just too over the top and cartoony and Franklin is bland as hell (basically Luis 2.0).

Michael is fleshed out & has real depth. Ned Luke did a great job as well. Glad to see him leading this poll!

DirtCheap

I don't see why Michael is leading this poll. He's a rat, a snake and a hypocrite. He's also a nice person for not divorcing his cheating wife.

Franklin is so dull and boring that I would have never played with him had he not had the special driving ability.

Trevor is the only likable protagonist IMO as he is not afraid to take down massive gangs all so he can just get a quick buck. Also, he was the funniest of the trio.

Journey_95

I don't see why Michael is leading this poll. He's a rat, a snake and a hypocrite. He's also a nice person for not divorcing his cheating wife.

Franklin is so dull and boring that I would have never played with him had he not had the special driving ability.

Trevor is the only likable protagonist IMO as he is not afraid to take down massive gangs all so he can just get a quick buck. Also, he was the funniest of the trio.

You don't have to be likable to be a great character and hell for the most part I think he is actually likable. Trevor is freaking crazy, look at how he treated Johnny, Floyd, Wade etc. How is that likable? I mean he is an entertaining character and fun but he is a dick as well. I don't blame Michael for picking his family over him and from what we saw of Brad he was an ass too

Edited by Journey_95

Reeferking710
Posted (edited)

Trevor duhhhh LOL

Edited by Reeferking710

DylRicho

Trevor.

Smokewood

Franklin, easily.

BurnettVice

Trevor is my favorite and Michael is second favorite

LTDHO

Still say Trevor after completing the game on PS4.
Michael next.
Franklin is only cool because of Chop

Gettin up

Michael.

Keano

Trevor. People give his character some sh*t but I honestly put him on the Top 5 Protagonist list with Tommy, Niko, Claude, etc. All 3 are fun in their own way but Trevor is the only one with morals. He could've killed Michael after Brad but he doesn't and he cares about Michael's kids, to some extent more than Michael does until he and Amanda work things out.

The player can also choose to make Franklin a scumbag by killing Michael or Trevor.

Why I like Trevor:

- Does whatever he wants

- Lives in the countryside with a totally legitimate business (wish we could've done more with TPE though like a prequel on it's establishment, meeting Ron, Wade, Chef, etc).

- I can feel for him when it comes to Brad, Michael being dismissive of him upon their reunion, etc.

- Absolutely hilarious at times while also showing emotion such as with his mother.

- Switching to him will always make me laugh no matter how many times I've already seen it.

Things I enjoy about Michael/Franklin:

- Michael has some great dialogue with my favorite being his rant on sarcasm and calling Trevor a hipster.

- Franklin being able to get out of the hood and live in Vinewood Hills.

- Lester's Assassination missions as Franklin.

- Michael meeting up with Lester again and the missions leading up the Jewel Store job was fun.

- Franklin's banter with Lamar.

- Michael having to crash with Trevor in Sandy Shores.

DylRicho

Trevor. People give his character some sh*t but I honestly put him on the Top 5 Protagonist list with Tommy, Niko, Claude, etc. All 3 are fun in their own way but Trevor is the only one with morals. He could've killed Michael after Brad but he doesn't and he cares about Michael's kids, to some extent more than Michael does until he and Amanda work things out.

Exactly my thoughts too.

Copcaller

Michael loved his personality and even flaws like being just as crazy and quick tempered as Trevor and the whole family dynamic. Close second is honestly Trevor but his constant bickering with Michael after the brad revelation got old quickly.

greenrock

Michael the gawd

scorpioxdragon

I might be overthinking it, but as they were written and designed by Rockstar:

Michael - would be my favorite as a person. I use him the most. He has a life, interests, and dreams, outside of crime. He also has a strong sense of loyalty to his family. No, it isn't perfect, but it's in there. I feel like overall, he was written as a normal person, with an interesting past.

Trevor - would be my favorite to interact with and set loose on the city and 'make total destroy'. As a person, I'd probably hate him, but they wrote him in as the action, the comic relief, the weirdo, they pretty much gave him all of the color, all the rage. Trevor does have some loyalty but it's more of the "when all is said and done", "at the end of the day" sort. I still find that admirable though.

Franklin - seems (to me at least) like he was purposely written so that YOU could decide how good or bad he was. He didn't have enough personality to influence what I thought he should or shouldn't do, and that doesn't bother me at all. At the same time, that lack of personality causes me to use him the least, and what does bother, is that there are some things only he can do, or only he has access to, that I'd rather give to another character. The properties, abilities, NPC interaction, etc, really box the three of these guys in.

efka00

Franklin. Just i like play with him most. I like Trevor too. For his introducing when you switch to him. As for Michael i dont know. I like him in missions but then i finish the game 100% i don't know what fun to do with him

Lioshenka
Posted (edited)

Trevor.

I could connect with Michael a few times, but he just doesn't fit the idea of a GTA game.

Franklin's character is almost non-existent. He has almost no personality, almost no backstory; just sort of tags along with anyone that calls him. I only play him when I need to spawn in North LS. He's almost non-existent to me.

Trevor is okay. He's crazy enough to fit the idea of a GTA game, he lives in a caravan in the desert - like any protagonist should; he had some hilarious missions. I'm OK with him.

Edited by Lioshenka

ChiroVette

I voted Trevor (still).

My first job when I left school was working at a psychiatric hospital and I experienced first hand, on a daily basis, the tragic yet morbidly fascinating subject of mental illness.

Trevor's character is superbly acted and at times, touchingly portrayed. The scene where Trevor trips over the garden fence and visibly struggles with his volcanic inner rage was testament to Stevens acting.

At times Trevor is cruelly violent but his character is so complex that the player is convinced that Trevor's understanding of right and wrong is not based on morals or ethics, but rather a constantly shifting psychosis.

Yep, definitely Trevor for me, too. I agree with you about the incredibly depth to his character.

Intergalactic Pimp

Definitely Trevor. Then Franklin, and in last, Michael.

Remapped
Posted (edited)

During playing the campaign Michael seems more time was taken for his story, after the campaign Franklin hes the petrol head and has chop to play catch !

Edited by Remapped

robotman5

:panic: Trevor :panic:

Ondr4H

Ultracop

Period...

MDNA

Michael, really.

Trevor is fun too, and Franklin.. well, it would’ve been nice if we had an option D for the final mission, where you kill Franklin. God damn what a whiny asshole he is.

greenrock

August 2018 update

TheSantader25

They really made the trio likable IMO. they might seem bland when you look at them separately but the magic happens when you look at them as a trio. I loved their interactions throughout the story. Michael is my favorite tho due to how cynical and relatable he is. Loved Trev and Frank as well. 

Laker23

Michael for me

Trevor's missions were a rare highlight in the story. His character was fine but over a little too over the top at times.

Franklin, the less I say about him the better. A clear afterthought with no redeemable character qualities.

Vanzant

Franklin is my favorite this year.

The problem is everywhere I take him....white people keep calling the cops.

Am Shaegar

Since the beginning of HD era I never had any favourites, but after the release of V, I can finally say that Trevor is my favourite in the HD era, so far