1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Shark card sale on psn if u want it...

Quinn_flower

GTAForumsUser1

Wow so now they are giving away the game AND shark cards bundled on sale. Shark cards are virtually entirely profit.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I am telling you, i said it once before at some thread i do not remember....they are going to drop the overall price on each gta 5 copy soon.

Or at least, that is my speculation, but reading this i'm getting even more convinced i am right.

• Like 1

Wow so now they are giving away the game AND shark cards bundled on sale. Shark cards are virtually entirely profit.

And the announcement of cutting lg transfers coincidence I think not

• Like 1

This shows me that sales are falling off. The playerbase is falling off.

"Fire sale" to bleed out the last sales. GTV and GTA:O is in it's twilight of active support.

Edited by zoso80

Game & $100 card = $61.19

Just the $100 card = $89.99

80904905.jpg

Lol yeah seems like it would come off as a bit of a slap in the face to anyone that already has the game yet wants to pick up a shark card. I mean I get that it's a nice incentive for new players but why not give the cards themselves 50% off as well, it's not as though it would make the bundle any less enticing to anyone without the game.

GTAForumsUser1

The funny thing about refusing to put shark cards on a decent sale is that no matter how cheap they make them, the profit margin % remains the same. That is a good product.

This is not a new sale. They have had this since beginning of December. I decided to go for it, because at the time they were doing the 50% bonus. So I got 12 mil for $61 plus a digital copy of the game.

The money was automatically added to my game and I have a digi copy waiting to be installed if my actual disc ever breaks. Seems like it was worth it for me.

December was the most active of all time for online.

"Fire sale" to bleed out the last sales. GTV and GTA:O is in it's twilight of active support.

• Like 3

Game & $100 card = $61.19

Just the $100 card = $89.99

80904905.jpg

Lol yeah seems like it would come off as a bit of a slap in the face to anyone that already has the game yet wants to pick up a shark card. I mean I get that it's a nice incentive for new players but why not give the cards themselves 50% off as well, it's not as though it would make the bundle any less enticing to anyone without the game.

There is a logic behind that: Rockstar, then TakeTwo can show that as "new sales" in their reports.

Keep in mind, folks, that there is a 50% bonus on Megaladon cards that's active right now. That card is worth $12M, not just $8M

Well, at least it's some incentive for players to consider transferring before they stop transfers on the 6th of March.

Price comparisons between the bundle and card by itself is a little weird though.

• Like 1

Solid Scorpion

To be honest It's about time the game gets a permanent price drop.

Would encourage yet more people to upgrade and with all the extra content as soon as you log in on next gen = potential SC sales.

Don't need money but if I didn't already have a digital copy of the game I would get one, lol.

Wonder if the SC is just a code I could use on any account?

Edited by dieseltech20

Yeah it's just a code.

According to someone that did that: No, it's not a code :miranda:

My mistake then, the 3 dollar card I bought way back when was just a code.

Also the fact that Mach1bud said he picked up the bundle when he already had an online character lead me to believe that it would be a code for that as well. If not then I have no idea how the bundle is different.

My mistake then, the 3 dollar card I bought way back when was just a code.

Also the fact that Mach1bud said he picked up the bundle when he already had an online character lead me to believe that it would be a code for that as well. If not then I have no idea how the bundle is different.

When I got a card it was a code, but Mach1bud was the one that told me that the bundle doesn't work that way. I was considering getting the game for a friend and keeping the Shark Card for myself, but if it's not codes (or the game will only install to the PSN that bought it) then it's no good to me.

FrozenInferno

You obviously haven't seen the stats in today's newsletter.

I hate the quote system here ;_;

I see your point about the game/card possibly only working on the account that purchased it, makes sense.

Edited by Foxwolfe

Here is how it went down.

I already have a physical copy of GTA V and already have my well established Online character.

I went to the bundle on the PS Store, and bought it. It did not give me any codes at all.

I loaded up GTA Online like normal, and the 8 million was already there in my bank account.

Now, theoretically if I were to delete GTA V off my system, I could download it again from the PS Store. It won't let you like, overwrite the game and download it if you already have it.

A few days later, I got the notice that my account was "corrected" upon loading up the game, giving me 4 million (my 50% bonus).

• Like 1

giving me 4 million (my 50% bonus).

So there IS a Megladon Shark Card bonus currently?

I do not know. I bought my card in the middle of December.

I do not know. I bought my card in the middle of December.

Oh, ok. A few people have said yes, Rockstar won't respond on Twitter, and I just want to be sure before I go and buy it.

• Like 2

Yes, according to a slide on the loading screen this morning. Though I don't know if it can work with this sale on PSN (though it should if they give you a code to redeem).

It was just for the $100 and $50 cards (50% and 35% bonuses, respectively)

Edited by ash-274
  • Like 1

Here is how it went down.

I already have a physical copy of GTA V and already have my well established Online character.

I went to the bundle on the PS Store, and bought it. It did not give me any codes at all.

I loaded up GTA Online like normal, and the 8 million was already there in my bank account.

Now, theoretically if I were to delete GTA V off my system, I could download it again from the PS Store. It won't let you like, overwrite the game and download it if you already have it.

A few days later, I got the notice that my account was "corrected" upon loading up the game, giving me 4 million (my 50% bonus).

Thanks, man.

Having read that, I remember how it was when I bought my digital copy in 2015. It came with a 1.25 card and it was indeed just deposited without me redeeming any codes. The older I get the worse my memory.

This is not a new sale. They have had this since beginning of December. I decided to go for it, because at the time they were doing the 50% bonus. So I got 12 mil for $61 plus a digital copy of the game.

The money was automatically added to my game and I have a digi copy waiting to be installed if my actual disc ever breaks. Seems like it was worth it for me.

It's not bad move if you have the cash. Considering I had the game bundled with my PS4 I'm already ahead, if I had the cash to spend I'd do it just because it would be easier to have the digital copy just in case as well.