Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,304 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Classique

[PS4] Best Vehicle Sourcing Money Maker method(s)!

Classique

Hello!

This is a thread explaining you how to make some serious cash with vehicle sourcing.

This is only for PS4 at the moment, as I have no experience with XBox One or PC. I will edit that once someone finds a way to do this on other platforms than the PS4.

This method will allow you to make roughly $320.000 to $480.000 an hour, SOLO.

This is what you'll need to perform this method with the best efficiency:

1. An Office (Cheapest one is $1.000.000)
  2. Accomodation Upgrade to your Office ($795.000)
  3. A Vehicle Warehouse (Cheapest one is $1.500.000)
  4. 32 sourced vehicles in your Warehouse
  5. A Cargobob ($1.790.000 OR 1.995.000). Marine livery or JetSam doesn't matter (but JetSam looks the best though :D )
  6. A lot of time for setting up the warehouse.
  7. A bag of chips.
    Man, honestly, who doesn't need a bag of chips, eh? Go get that bag of chips in the kitchen. Chips are made to be eaten.

I've also made a MAP which shows you every single vehicle location [uNFINISHED]

MAP W. LOCATIONS (click)

How to get an Empty Public Session by Yourself everytime:

There are curretly two ways on how to end up in a public lobby by yourself.

This works wether or not you have your GTA V running.

1. Go to the Main Menu of the PS4. Go to Settings -> Network -> Set Up Internet Connection.
  2. Choose which internet you have.
  3. Choose "Custom" instead of "Easy". This will allow you to alter your internet connection to your preference.
  4. Choose Automatic/Do Not Specify for every single of them, except the MTU setting. Your MTU setting will automatically be on 1.500, but change that value to 900 (or 950, u to you). This will limit how much data that flows through your PS4, allowing you to limit yourself from other online players. Once that's done, test the connection. You can also quit the testing screen, as it will still test the connection in the background.
  5. Enter GTA V, and start up GTA Online (either press "Go" or hold down the D-pad to select your GTA Online character).

You should now always end up in an empty public session, even if you select "Find New Session".

This will be VERY useful later.

PLEASE NOTE: Sometimes, it will give you an alert message, saying "Timed out loading Session", and will boot you back to Story Mode. Don't worry about it, just start up GTA Online again until you end up in a Public Lobby by yourself.

In case you need to disable this again, do Step 1 to 3, but choose "Easy" instead of "Custom". This will automatically set your internet to the recommended again.

How to always Source Top Range Cars or the Specific Vehicle you Want:

First, you'll need an Office and a Vehicle Warehouse ($1.000.000 for cheapest office, $1.500.000 for cheapest vehicle warehouse).

If you have an empty Vehicle Warehouse, start filling it up. Once you reach 32 vehicles, stop there. There only exists 32 vehicles for sourcing, which is why you need to stop there. If you source more than 32, you will get a random vehicle which you already have, but with a different license plate (a so-called 'duplicate').

When you have the 32 vehicles, you will exactly have: 10 Standard Range, 10 Medium Range and 12 Top Range vehicles. The full checklist here:

Top Range:

1. ETR1
  2. FMJ
  3. Mamba
  4. Osiris
  5. Reaper
  6. Roosevelt Valor
  7. Stirling GT
  8. Tyrus
  9. T20
  10. X80 Proto
  11. Z-Type
  12. 811

Mid Range:

1. Cheetah
  2. Coquette BlackFin
  3. Coquette Classic
  4. Entity XF
  5. Omnis
  6. Seven-70
  7. Sultan RS
  8. Tropos Rallye
  9. Verlierer
  10. Zentorno

Standard Range:

1. Alpha
  2. Banshee 900R
  3. Bestia GTS
  4. Feltzer
  5. Jester
  6. Massacro
  7. Nightshade
  8. Sabre Turbo Custom
  9. Tampa
  10. Turismo R

You are now free to sell a random Top Range vehicle. Remember when you've sold the vehicle, you will always source the same car you just sold (but has a chance to have a different license plate).

Example:

*Selling an FMJ*

*Once sold, go to office, source new vehicle*

*100% chance that the next car you source is an FMJ, since you have all 31 vehicles, and you only need the FMJ to have all available cars*

I highly suggest you sell FMJ's, by the way. This is due to the fact that it's a part of a collection with a Medium Range car, which doesn't sell for much. And you don't want to get rid of that prescious Medium Range car, do ya'? :p

And plus, it's a very flat and wide vehicle, which makes it easy to pick up with a Cargobob. It's also very light, so the Cargobob will have no problems flying it around!

Collections

Collections are... Well, a collection of cars which you can sell for more.

You can only sell one car at a time if you're doing it solo, and the smallest collection there is has two vehicles in it - which is listed below. You can only do collections with friends, so if you're a lone wolf, just ignore this section.

Collections which only has Top Range Cars (aka. most efficient/profitable collections):

#1 = Roosevelt Valor (0LDT1M3R) and Z-Type (B1GM0N3Y).

#2 = X80 Proto (M4K3B4NK), T20 (D3V1L) and Osiris (SL33K)

Lisence plates (and color of car) determine if they're a part of a collection.

If you don't get the collection car, just deliver it and sell it for profit, until you get the car you need, if a collection is what you want.

How to Abuse the Timer the Best Way Possible
(Or actually RESETTING the whole sell timer):

PATCHED FOR NOW!

Quick and easy. I HIGHLY suggest that you put your Spawn Location to your Office, to make it MUCH quicker.
You need to have the "Accomodation" upgrade for your office ($795.000), if you want to have your Spawn Location set to your office, by the way.

Once you've just sold a car (either by Cargobob or driving), go to the Playstation Menu -> Gallery -> Video Recordings. Once you hover over a recording, press "Options" on your controller, and choose "Trim". It will tell you that you need to suspend the GTA V app. Press yes. Once it says "Suspends application", back out of everything and go to GTA V again.

You can also suspend the application by launching up Netflix or Spotify.

You will likely be greeted with an alert message, saying that your GTA Online session was suspended, and you need to join a new session. Press OK. You will then spawn back in an empty session again after a minute, if you followed my first tutorial.

Please note that there's a chance that you'll get an error message, saying it took too long to find a session. Don't worry, the trick still worked regardless. When you're loaded into Story Mode, press Start -> Online -> Play GTA Online -> Go.

Once loaded into a new session (preferrably that you spawn in your office), source a new vehicle (which will be the vehicle you last sold, if you followed the two other spoilers). Once that's delivered, you can now sell it again, at no cooldown.

***Video should be added here, when I get the time to make one.***

Rince and repeat.

Roughly $320.000 - $480.000 an hour. Of course, it depends on the delivery time/selling time, as some sourcing missions are harder to complete than others.

I highly suggest that one invests in a Cargobob for this ($1.790.000 OR 1.995.000). It reduces the repair damages from both delivering and selling by a LOT.

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to ask in the thread, and I'll try and explain it further.

Edited by Classique

Trump

Thank you

DontGetClose1990

Another method is using app like youtube or netflix to suspend the game. (PS4)

Edited by DontGetClose1990

Classique

Another method is using app like youtube or netflix to suspend the game. (PS4)

That can also be done, yes :D

Solid Scorpion

I had the first two down but it never crossed my mind to suspend the app to fast travel.

Thanks.

irish.chr

I haven't tried today, but the method of skipping the timer didn't work for me last night. I have used it for about a week before that, so I know it's not just me making a noob mistake. Did they patch that like the pac stan kuruma?

Classique

I haven't tried today, but the method of skipping the timer didn't work for me last night. I have used it for about a week before that, so I know it's not just me making a noob mistake. Did they patch that like the pac stan kuruma?

Ah, I might wanna check if it still works tonight :D

eighty7king

Thanks, Classique!

Fattiefortrump

no thank you

what a jumbled mess

Classique

no thank you

what a jumbled mess

And you made an account here to just come and tell me that?

Ok.

Classique

Good news; the How to Abuse the Timer method still works! :^:

irish.chr

Good news; the How to Abuse the Timer method still works! :^:

Yep, sometimes it glitches and refuses to work, but you just have to restart the game to get it working again. I found it out myself the day after I posted that :lol:

LokDog

This will come in handy,I have been grinding biker sales but that's bugged now,so ill be moving onto this. Thanks!

Killer Whale

This has been working very fine with me. I have yet to try the second strategy, but the third one works alright. I hope third one stays functional for a long time ;)

Classique

This has been working very fine with me. I have yet to try the second strategy, but the third one works alright. I hope third one stays functional for a long time ;)

Me too, absolutely! It's only thanks to that method that we can earn so much an hour! :D

But seriously, it's worth your time to try out strategy #2! It's 80k each time! ;)

Edited by Classique

Classique

I'm away from my PS4 at the moment.

Can anyone confirm that strategy #3 still works?

KWF1981

Hi Classique, Just a quick question in case it's known.

After collecting 32 cars, when you get set to source the next one, say i pick a ETR1 as the car I'll source and sell each time... By doing this can I in effect choose the type of job when sourcing or is that still as random as ever? Hope I put that right... I ask because I have 10 low and 10 mid range stored and just get high end everytime, though usually differentcars/jobs...

Forgive me looking for a more consistant source job, after 1000 crates, I really just would like to minimize effort here and save some energy for gunrunning DLC...

Thanks for any advice guys... And very handy about resetting cooldown... I usually source 3 and sell 2 at the moment, so naturally I'll have a spell with a few cars to bump off, nice to know I don't HAVE to wait... Sweet.

Edited by KWF1981

irish.chr

I'm away from my PS4 at the moment.

Can anyone confirm that strategy #3 still works?

I can confirm it does. I skipped the timer earlier today.

rjhsteel2001

Thanks for this. Made £500k in a few hours after eventually getting the 32 cars in my warehouse (which took some time!)

Classique

Thanks for this. Made £500k in a few hours after eventually getting the 32 cars in my warehouse (which took some time!)

That's not bad at all! And it's all solo! :D

And yep, filling up your warehouse is probably the most annoying part... Took me three days. But was it worth it in the long run? ABSOLUTELY! :^:

rjhsteel2001

That's not bad at all! And it's all solo! :D

And yep, filling up your warehouse is probably the most annoying part... Took me three days. But was it worth it in the long run? ABSOLUTELY! :^:

I had to stay up overnight and managed a marathon session of 7hrs to do it.....

demonkd

How soon after you sell the car should you suspend the application? I've been doing it as soon as i sell it and when i come back to the app i can no longer use the little pop up menus (talking to assistant and modding cars). Have i been doing it to early?

Classique

How soon after you sell the car should you suspend the application? I've been doing it as soon as i sell it and when i come back to the app i can no longer use the little pop up menus (talking to assistant and modding cars). Have i been doing it to early?

Hmmm, this sounds interesting, as this has never happened before to me. Did you try and close down GTA V and start it up again?

demonkd

Hmmm, this sounds interesting, as this has never happened before to me. Did you try and close down GTA V and start it up again?

I did and that fixed it. I tried to do the suspend thing again and the same thing happened. I think maybe I'm doing it a little too soon and should wait for the box that shows up and tells you how much you made on that sell to go away before i suspend the app.

Classique

I did and that fixed it. I tried to do the suspend thing again and the same thing happened. I think maybe I'm doing it a little too soon and should wait for the box that shows up and tells you how much you made on that sell to go away before i suspend the app.

Ooh, yes! You have to wait until your assistant calls you and say that the sale was successful! :)

irish.chr

I always wait until the RP bar at the top disappears. It's the last thing on screen after a delivery, so I assume it's completely over when it vanishes.

demonkd

Ooh, yes! You have to wait until your assistant calls you and say that the sale was successful! :)

That fixed it. Thank you for the help.

Classique

That fixed it. Thank you for the help.

Always glad to help out a fellow GTAForummer in need! :^::D

MG0902

Forgive me for my ignorance..

I've been away for like 1.5years and I've just bought me an office and a vehicle warehouse. So if I get this right I'll have to fill this garage up to 32 cars and from there on I only sell the FMJ'S and the 2 top collection cars and keep all the other cars?

Classique

Forgive me for my ignorance..

I've been away for like 1.5years and I've just bought me an office and a vehicle warehouse. So if I get this right I'll have to fill this garage up to 32 cars and from there on I only sell the FMJ'S and the 2 top collection cars and keep all the other cars?

No need to excuse your ignorance - I'm here to teach you from Zero to Hero :)

And yes, in order to be able to always source FMJ's (and ETR1's - they work quite well too), you need to have all 32 vehicles. The game will always make sure that you will collect every single car available for import, so that means that once you sell an FMJ (if you have all 32 vehicles), you will have a 100% chance of sourcing another FMJ after you've sold it :D

Edited by Classique