1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Pacific Standard Kuruma method patched?

MisterDLCdreams

JuniorChubb

"It's a heist, it's supposed to--" Stop right there. It's a sandbox game.

I never thought I'd see so many people celebrating game limitations that are completely optional and have no negative effect on the player, whatsoever.

"I only do it the proper way." A lot of you have a really smug aire about you.

You're worse than the people whining that it's "ruined GTA for them."

This forum has some really f*cking obnoxious members in its ranks.

My ignore list grows stronger with each thread.

Hopefully I can share a second opinion with you without being labelled 'f*cking obnoxious'...

I will use the word sandbox as its your word of choice even though some will argue though that GTA is not a true sandbox game due to the linear feel to some of the story mode missions.

Free-Roam GTAO could be described as Sandbox though, you can approach it any way you like. You have access to everything you own with a few cooldown timers here and there. You can take any approach to it you like, you same can be said of most Contact Missions, maybe Deathmatches and some other combat modes.

Then we have things like adversary modes, these are not sandbox. You are given certain weapon, certain vehicles you can try different tactics but you are not given the freedom to use all the things in the game that you own. You cannot call in a Kuruma into these game modes and just run everybody over in it, you have left free roam and are in a controlled environment to encourage a specific type of game play.

Races are not sandbox either, you have to follow the checkpoints to the finish line and use a car of the defined class. If you are in a sedan class raced you cannot just call in your super car ignore the checkpoints and drive straight to the finish line.

Survivals are not sandbox, you cannot call in your Kuruma and sit in while you casually take out the NPC's, you are limited to a certain area to play in too.

The list goes on, as a general rule of thumb once you leave free roam the sandbox element is lost (except contact missions). R* have slowly been addressing this since the move to current gen with Free-roam events, CEO, MC, I/E etc. All these game modes now happen in free roam which gives you an experience closer to what you call sandbox. Its been a long time coming but you now have a lot of game modes to play that really are what you call sandbox. Tackle these any way you like with all your GTA assets at your disposal.

Then we come to heists... these are not a 'sandbox' element of the game, you have left free-roam and are playing a part in a scripted story, assets are limited and you are funnelled into a linear style script with checkpoints and cues that lead to a more cinematic experience. Every heist would be infinitely easier if all your GTA assets were available to you but you would lose the cinematic feel.

I am not saying this is right or wrong, it's just the way it is. Whether they are better or worse for this is opinion and nothing more but it is not really fair to describe heists as a sandbox experience.

I think a great alternative would be being able to do heists in a public lobby, with all your assets available and your loot being open to theft by other players and all assets available. I think contact missions would get a new lease of life if you could complete them in a public lobby too. Imagine Rooftop Rumble if someone could steal the package of you and deliver it to Madrazzos.

Hopefully that was not too obnoxious ;) and like I said I am not saying what is right or wrong, just the way it has been laid out for us and why heist are so restricted.

Using the bikes are not hard with the right people, But I dont think they should have patched the kuruma method, It is a method I have used countless time and im sure many others on this forum have used and abused, I find it funny how a number of members are acting all high and mighty about all this when in fact they probably used and abused the kuruma too.

• Like 2
Alvarez

MysticJon, answer me honestly - how do you do the first Pacific Standard heist preparation mission, if you're a Navigator?

• Like 1
Pedinhuh

Finally! This method always was a cheesy tactic in my eyes. The pacific standard heist wasn't designed to use an armored vehicle. Driving the bikes is supposed to be fun and intense. I can understand maybe taking a police car or a sports car off the street but using your chrome insurgent or kuruma is pathetic in my opinion. This will be a new chapter for the collective community. Maybe now players will how you say "get with the program" and take advantage of the business opportunities Rockstar has implemented for us. You can RANK UP in freemode and earn at least One Million per day. I think that's a pretty good deal! Honestly there are way more profitable things you could be grinding besides the pacific standard with an armored car.

If that's the only way you can afford anything in 2017 then I have a hunch you're most likely desperate and don't have a work ethic or respect the game. That's what a casual player does to get what they want.

I have a friend that has 35M in car sales from his vehicle warehouse business, now that's something I can respect! I love the idea of people playing the game how they're supposed to and getting a lot out of it. I'm elated to hear about this "bad" news, I hope it will fix the economy a little.

Finance and Felony is hands down my favorite update: It brought me and the good old workhorse that is the Buzzard much closer too. 32566421305_e4ddb5991c_b.jpg

>Says players are using cheap tactics to progress in the game;

>Is doing his CEO work in a solo session(only one organization active, takes no brains to figure that out).

What a f*cking hypocrite.

• Like 13
moneyman999

Why do people argue about pedantic definitions. Jesus H f*ck, we all know what the game is, why is everyone being pathetic and arguing about how to define it.

Honestly the riot truck is the only consistent method of doing the heist now. Consistency is more important than me for money. I would rather get a certain amount each time, than get less one time and get more the next. Then it would feel like I'm losing something.

• Like 1
Pedinhuh

Why do people argue about pedantic definitions. Jesus H f*ck, we all know what the game is, why is everyone being pathetic and arguing about how to define it.

Honestly the riot truck is the only consistent method of doing the heist now. Consistency is more important than me for money. I would rather get a certain amount each time, than get less one time and get more the next. Then it would feel like I'm losing something.

Good luck driving that thing with all 4 tires out.

• Like 1
Brutal Trout

Well, this is blatant. Close an avenue of 'easy' money making.

Tightening the noose so creative ways to make money are gone. All in the name of macrotransactions. Glad I'm pretty much over this game. Pissing on players when this was a popular way to avoid bullets. I'm sure it didn't eat into their grand profit scheme too badly. In short, it's just a piss on the playerbase.

And people still worship R* why? Normally in life, accomplishment and success is celebrated. R* on the other hand, creative success and accomplishment is penalized with the more difficulty, forced public lobbies, exposure to trolling and more grinding. So ergo, it's a Dev instituted poverty scheme to keep everyone massively on the grind or terribly poor.

Either way, glad I've moved on. The fun is bled out of GTA:O.

#R*trollsall

Agreed, I've lost so much respect for Rockstar over the last 3 years. It's f*cking ridiculous. They're basically telling you how to play the game you payed for.

I didn't pay a dime for GTAO. Did you ?

kottonmouth401

Guess I gotta turn my heist apartment into a 10 car garage now

I'm not phased eithier way at this point. I do know that people will be real picky on who they choose to play heist with now.

I predict they might fix the reset glitch soon. Then we will get 2x rp and $ on heist again.

I'm not sure about that. I kinda get the feeling that they're having a hard time fixing the repeat glitch, so this garage thing is their attempt to slow down the money farming or frustrate people into giving it up. Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about programming. I'm just wildly speculating.

feiaschdada

I'm not phased eithier way at this point. I do know that people will be real picky on who they choose to play heist with now.

I predict they might fix the reset glitch soon. Then we will get 2x rp and $ on heist again.

I'm not sure about that. I kinda get the feeling that they're having a hard time fixing the repeat glitch, so this garage thing is their attempt to slow down the money farming or frustrate people into giving it up. Disclaimer: I know absolutely nothing about programming. I'm just wildly speculating.

I am and I say it is an accident- the way easier method to get the Kuruma seems to work still I am told

You did pay 60$ when you bought GTA V, silly boy. Edited by TheIceWarrior
  • Like 2
kottonmouth401

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it is an accident. Every patch seems to come with unintended consequences.

Edited by kottonmouth401
Nutduster

Next thing you know: You won't be able to use the Kuruma in Prison Break - Plane because its a glitch, it makes things to easy right?

[long list of examples]

I'm sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but you guys are f*cking ridiculous.

Those are all false equivalencies. You can't compare missions where they let you take out any personal vehicle you want in the setup menu to a finale where they give you a prescribed getaway vehicle AND forcibly remove from the game whatever PV you started with. In order to even get the Kuruma, since your mechanic is disabled too, you had to A) not call for it in the beginning, and B) go back to whichever garage it was in. You don't have to do that on any of the other missions you mentioned.

Obviously Rockstar isn't gonna say so we can all just keep spouting educated (or in some cases uneducated) guesses at most. My personal take is that this wasn't a glitch but rather an unintended consequence of a design choice they didn't fully think through. They let you access your garage on all heists because that's how it works on contact missions, and they didn't think it would be a big deal. On the Pac Standard finale, they probably figured that not everyone would own that apartment or want to buy it, not everyone would own a Kuruma, not everyone would bother trying to get it out, and the cops and "don't leave your teammates' area" warning (that happens until you all get on a bike) would discourage widespread Kuruma usage. But as usual they weren't counting on the community finding a good loophole and spreading it like wildfire - to the point that FAR more people use the Kuruma than the bikes (I'm pretty confident anyway). People bought that one apartment. They bought a Kuruma (some filled the garage with them). They leaned hard on an option that Rockstar likely thought would be rarely used. And that's why it got patched.

• Like 2

What is this easier method?

I am and I say it is an accident- the way easier method to get the Kuruma seems to work still I am told
MaddenedGhost

Next thing you know: You won't be able to use the Kuruma in Prison Break - Plane because its a glitch, it makes things to easy right?

You also won't be able to use the same Kuruma in Pac Stan - Hack to kill the enemies earlier and cut down on time, because its a glitch.

They will also patch we being able to snipe the Savage helicopter from afar in the Convoy setup, too easy, right?

They will also patch the navigators being able to drive in Pac Stan - Vans, because clearly that was also a glitch, right?

You also wont be able to use the Kuruma in the Valkyre setup for the Humane Labs heist, right? Its a glitch as it makes the setup too easy.

Hummmm, let me see where we can efficiently use the Kuruma in heists:

Prison Break - Plane;

Prison Break - Police Station (can be used as a backup for the players driving the Casco and the cop car);

Prison Break - Bus;

Prison Break - Dirty Work;

Humane Labs - Insurgent;

Humane Labs - Valkyre;

Series A - Sawmill;

Pac Stan - Hack;

Pac Stan - Vans(backup in case of cops);

Pac Stan - Convoy;

Pac Stan - Bikes.

The Kuruma makes all of these too easy, so R* should patch it and make the heists even MORE railroaded than they are right now, right?

I'm sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but you guys are f*cking ridiculous.

I LMAO at one of them after he made an entire post saying that people can do other stuff and make one million a day (obviously there was only one organisation in the lobby so .. ya kno ... those are solo public lobbies which is interesting since they claim that the "kuruma method" is wrong and that "it's not the way it was intended to be played", you'll tell me you made that in full lobbies? okay, i hear you, i tried to as well, i was driving my truck, and got it blown up by that rank 8000 and his 10 digit bank account and nothing to lose ((which happen to be a REAL issue with GTAOnline that needs to be fixed but no me driving the kuruma in the finale and getting the full cut is more harmful)) so i stopped doing that crap) alright? right after that he said this method (the kuruma method) doesn't affect him at all, okay, how about this? why is someone's happy that my method of doing things, which i find more fun and less frustrating, got removed other than him being ignorant? what the heck are you doing here if your favorite update is finance and felony?

there's also that one trying to define what's fun and what's not fun in this game. LMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

and for anyone saying it's a glitch .. let me put it this way and tell me where's the "glitching" part ... i was going to the bikes, teammate was late, i was fighting the cops, i tried to hide near the apartment that happened to be the one near lectros, when i took cover near the garage i got in ... by mistake .. and i found out that i can actually get in, and i kept doing it.

Can't see the glitching part, oversight? maybe, a glitch? nope. ;)

Edited by Maddened_Ghost
  • Like 2
RedDagger

I'd like to remind everyone, that coming in and making posts with the sole purpose of saying people suck at the game or are salty is dumb and will get yer posts removed.

Again, please try to stay civil.

Thanks!

• Like 7
Natsuki

Oh, really, you received the game for free? How did you manage that, everyone else had to pay $60

GTA Online is not a f*cking free to play game. It is the multi player of GTA V. Stop buying into marketing speak.

• Like 6
AmyStone

Well it's definitely patched for me. Tried last night and I couldn't get in the garage. It was actually fun for a while trying to figure out a new method. It's added some interest to the game as the pac was getting pretty mundane. We had some pretty poor players on our team yesterday and one person constantly died. But I think it will be a simple case of using a police car instead of the Kuruma and driving a little more carefully. A friend of mine who was on a different team managed it in a police car a few times without losing money. So for the moment it's just a minor inconvenience for some people.

MaddenedGhost

Oh, really, you received the game for free? How did you manage that, everyone else had to pay $60

GTA Online is not a f*cking free to play game. It is the multi player of GTA V. Stop buying into marketing speak.

especially with how they dumped the storymode now, you start to think like if you actually bought GTAOnline; storymode was just a bonus.

• Like 3
Goingcrowd9

- its not a glith, or a cheat. It is an (well, was...) an OPTION.

It's an exploit, or a workaround. It was not meant to be an option.

- So, people are wrong about using smart tactics, because the mission tells you to use a less-effective getaway vehichle and using an less-usefull route just to parachute to an dinghy ? Just because lester (basicly R*) comes up with a sh*ty plan you have to sick to it ? No thank you, Sir...

Using smarter tactics is fine, so long as the game makes it clear that you have that option. If the game tells you to "get on the bikes OR find another mode of transportation" or something like that, then I'd be totally fine with the Kuruma method. But it doesn't. It specifically tells you to get on the bikes.

-it SHOULD BE AN OPTION. Why should there be ANY restrictions at all ? I get that there should be limits to what you can do, as infinitive solutions cannot be made, but being smarter than the game SHOULD NOT LIMIT YOU, instead, it should REWARD you.

If you where robbing a bank in real life, would you insist only using bikes ?(supposing that was the original plan made by some creepy friend) or would you maybe change plans, if you find out it can help your chance of succes and payout ?

It SHOULD be an option, I agree. But the game does not offer you any option other than the bikes. It only gives you the bike option. As I said earlier, if the game tells you to "get on the bikes OR find another mode of transportation" or something like that, then I'd be totally fine with the Kuruma method. Using the Kuruma (or by extension, any vehicle other than the bikes) is obviously not MEANT to be an option, even though it should be. That's why I'm perfectly fine with this change.

"It's an exploit, or a workaround. It was not meant to be an option."

- Humm... so entering a garage YOU OWN is an explot ? And WHY was it not meant to be an option ? Because R* tells you so ?

"Using smarter tactics is fine, so long as the game makes it clear that you have that option."

- *sigh* if the game tells you to get in your garage, to use your kuruma, then it is not a SMART TACTIC anymore ! There is a MAIN PLOT, wich, as expected, is troughout 'advertised'. They are not going to give away easier (smarter tactics !) to you. Your theacher (well at least a good teacher) won't tell you the answer of a test during it!

"If the game tells you to "get on the bikes OR find another mode of transportation" or something like that, then I'd be totally fine with the Kuruma method. But it doesn't. "

- Lester LITTERLY tells you to get on the bikes and follow the route, OR DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. So you are right, the game ITSELF doesn't tell you otherwise, but like I said before: it won't give a way better tactics ! That's why they are called smarter tactics. Not the main tactic, or per defenition a fun tactic, or your tactic, but a SMART tactic, you know ?

"But the game does not offer you any option other than the bikes. It only gives you the bike option. "

- do you know the difference between OFFERING and HIGHLIGHTING ? Suppose you where right, then you would NOT be able to get off your bikes, and the ONLY possible route would be the HIGHLIGHTED one. But you see, it isn't. You CAN get of your bike, and you even can take a diffrent route!

"Using the Kuruma (or by extension, any vehicle other than the bikes) is obviously not MEANT to be an option, even though it should be. That's why I'm perfectly fine with this change."

Wait, let's simplyfy this:

'Something is NOT meant to be an option, while it SHOULD be. Now that option is taken away. That's why I agree with the option.'

- so first, you say something should be an option, while, (also) according to you, it SHOULD be.

- then come up with the fact that the option is taken away,

- and last, without giving any further arguments, you say you agree with it's removal ?

Sorry, I try to get your point, but I just can't. In any way...

• Like 4
AmyStone

>Is doing his CEO work in a solo session(only one organization active, takes no brains to figure that out).

You'll find a lot of that in GTA. Several people I know claim to be completely legit yet use the quit exploit in pac. I think people get used to doing things they probably shouldn't because rockstar are so slow at fixing things so they almost become a feature of the game.

moneyman999

To all the people saying it still works, can you please explain in great detail what you did, from the moment you spawned at the bikes, till the moment you entered your apartment.

Where did you go? What message appeared? How long did it take? What role were you? etc

much appreciated.

AmyStone

- Lester LITTERLY tells you to get on the bikes and follow the route, OR DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. So you are right, the game ITSELF doesn't tell you otherwise, but like I said before: it won't give a way better tactics ! That's why they are called smarter tactics. Not the main tactic, or per defenition a fun tactic, or your tactic, but a SMART tactic, you know ?

And I've noticed that when you blow the bikes up Lester says 'I like the way you operate'. I took that as an indication that the Kuruma method was legit and smart thinking. A bit like using the helicopter to get Avi. I think that's a legit method and rockstar put in alternative methods to make the game more interesting so it's not just a case of following instructions. I actually think the Kuruma method was legit but rockstar didn't like the fact that everyone was doing it that way and making too much money.

• Like 6

I dont mind the patch. I know a couple of people who constantly spam the quit exploit. They receive the money, quit then when rejoining a lobby they can jump right back in the bank heist mission making 12 million a night. A lot of people were doing this and a lot of people use the Kuruma. It started getting old fast.

CarnageRacing00

And I've noticed that when you blow the bikes up Lester says 'I like the way you operate'. I took that as an indication that the Kuruma method was legit and smart thinking. A bit like using the helicopter to get Avi. I think that's a legit method and rockstar put in alternative methods to make the game more interesting so it's not just a case of following instructions. I actually think the Kuruma method was legit but rockstar didn't like the fact that everyone was doing it that way and making too much money.

I just thought he said that sometimes when you blow up ANY vehicle...

Spectre "2K"

I can finally put my bike skills to use again. Although I wonder why they waited so long to fix this?

MaddenedGhost

Finally! This method always was a cheesy tactic in my eyes. The pacific standard heist wasn't designed to use an armored vehicle. Driving the bikes is supposed to be fun and intense. I can understand maybe taking a police car or a sports car off the street but using your chrome insurgent or kuruma is pathetic in my opinion. This will be a new chapter for the collective community. Maybe now players will how you say "get with the program" and take advantage of the business opportunities Rockstar has implemented for us. You can RANK UP in freemode and earn at least One Million per day. I think that's a pretty good deal! Honestly there are way more profitable things you could be grinding besides the pacific standard with an armored car.

If that's the only way you can afford anything in 2017 then I have a hunch you're most likely desperate and don't have a work ethic or respect the game. That's what a casual player does to get what they want.

I have a friend that has 35M in car sales from his vehicle warehouse business, now that's something I can respect! I love the idea of people playing the game how they're supposed to and getting a lot out of it. I'm elated to hear about this "bad" news, I hope it will fix the economy a little.

Finance and Felony is hands down my favorite update: It brought me and the good old workhorse that is the Buzzard much closer too. 32566421305_e4ddb5991c_b.jpg

I should've included this in my first reply but this will work too

he also mentioned "Intense" and "Fun" so you're telling me doing CEO work in a solo lobby is .. intense .. and .. fun? LMAO didn't know driving cargo vans through traffic was that challenging.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost
  • Like 1
AmyStone

I just thought he said that sometimes when you blow up ANY vehicle...

Like when?

Well, this is blatant. Close an avenue of 'easy' money making.

Tightening the noose so creative ways to make money are gone. All in the name of macrotransactions. Glad I'm pretty much over this game. Pissing on players when this was a popular way to avoid bullets. I'm sure it didn't eat into their grand profit scheme too badly. In short, it's just a piss on the playerbase.

And people still worship R* why? Normally in life, accomplishment and success is celebrated. R* on the other hand, creative success and accomplishment is penalized with the more difficulty, forced public lobbies, exposure to trolling and more grinding. So ergo, it's a Dev instituted poverty scheme to keep everyone massively on the grind or terribly poor.

Either way, glad I've moved on. The fun is bled out of GTA:O.

#R*trollsall

Agreed, I've lost so much respect for Rockstar over the last 3 years. It's f*cking ridiculous. They're basically telling you how to play the game you payed for.

Actually we all paid a few dollars for GTAO when we purchased GTA 5. Why exactly do you think the storyline in GTA 5 was so short? Why exactly do you think R* games hasn't announced a SP DLC pack 3 years after the game launched when you know how they responded to IV with two back to back DLCs with TLAD and TBOGT?

Almost every game developer has ditched SP storyline campaigns over the last few years trying to cashgrab the multiplayer modes to keep the cash flowing in. And that's perfectly fine with me, they all got to make more money but restricting a player's choice in the MP mode in an open world/sandbox game is taking restrictions a far too much into the extreme.

Let me explain please. I wanted this screenshot to just show me. I wasn't even playing, I was on this thread and signed on for five minutes to get this picture.

I uploaded this screeshot so I could make a point that there are other ways of earning decent cash overtime in freemode. My point was that CEO, MC and I/E work can be a good alternative to the pacific standard heist. I think that is why it appealed to so many because of the good money from that heist.

Yes, I did that solo session glitch. I knew what I was doing when I uploaded this screenshot. I knew someone would point that out but that didn't deter me from illustrating my point.

I'm not going to lie about what I did. I know better than that. On that subject I know their are many players that don't like being forced to be in a public session to access certain features from an update. In this case it was the computer in my office. I have only known about the solo session glitch for about two months so in reality 99% of the work I put in was in a public session with randoms.

You know what I don't like about public sessions with randoms?

I don't like being associated as being a cheater/modder/hacker just because I'm RANK 1063. I worked very hard to build this character for three years. GTA V is my favorite game in a very long time.

When I'm in a public session I get discriminated against because they think I'm the kid with a modded account or whatever. The most tryhard, troll players come straight for me. Sometimes I just want to lower the game volume so I can listen to some music off of YouTube, I'm sick of being shot at with the homing launcher when I'm flying my buzzard collecting a few crates. When I'm literally showing no interest in other players and Not looking for a fight.

Can you blame me? When it comes to selling the 111 crates you better bet that I'm selling in the most packed session I can find. I would never low-ball myself out of 600K by selling in an empty session. That's not who I am. That would be redundant too. You're my peer. I don't have a bad thing to say about you or the ways you choose to play the game. I am not a hypocrite and I do not feel that that's the appropriate term here, respectfully. That solo session tactic I use sometimes is boring. I like to me seen by others in freemode. I'm not a coward, I can handle anything in freemode. When you play for three years you know how most situations and interactions with players are going to play out. I say so what if I took a screenshot in an empty session, that doesn't prove anything about me being "a f*cking hypocrite" That was quite blunt and disrespectful. I wouldn't say that to you.

Edited by The_Dust_69
  • Like 1

The only problem I have with them removing the kuruma is its too late. People who used it are already rich so why punish newer people to the game. It just seems like it's too late at this point, they've known about the kuruma for a long time , there was no reason why they couldn't have fixed it then if they wanted to. Now all it will do is unbalance ppl more who may not have had to work to get their money.