1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Pacific Standard Kuruma method patched?

MisterDLCdreams

Khephera

It's not patched, did it last night 5 times

I thought the same. I also did it last night when it was still working. But it's patched now after our night.

zecanelao

If the ability to enter our apartments was a glitch, Rockstar wouldn't have fixed the glitch that didn't allow us to get inside another player's PV when close to our garages. For those who don't know, when heists were released other players couldn't get inside our cars if we were anywhere near our own apartment. Then the issue was fixed.

It's not patched, did it last night 5 times

I thought the same. I also did it last night when it was still working. But it's patched now after our night.

Is there a new error msg or something? Becauce we did struggle to enter it but eventually it lets you in, and don't get spotted by the cops

Black-Dragon96

For situations where the game is telling you to do something in a specific way, then yea, you should only be able to do it that way.

Well, in that case from now on you should only be able to use the special carbine (its the weapon you get from lester specific for that heist) and have no option to use other weapons.

Also, if you leave the yellow marked road on some way (even just a macrometer) you should now instantly explode and fail the heist. Its the way the game tells you to go afterall.

(You hopefully see where this is going.)

Seems more like they just want their easy mode option back.

And where exactly would be the problem with making it "easy mode"?

Do you fear that other people could make more money then you by using their brain? I would love it if you could answer this question.

Oh and please no: "Rockstar Games dont want you to....", answer.

I want to hear your own opinion.

• Like 5
Hellbendzor

Since apparently Rockstar is in the habit of fixing things... Are they finally bringing the payouts of contactmissions up to par with their money inflation?

Let's say at least a 2.5 multiplier is needed to bring those up to date...

And wrt the greedy remark aimed at me... I'm the last person to be greedy in Pacific.... I've helped alot of people at the expense of my cut. I had enough in the bank during the times when I still played PSH. TBH with the right set of folks it is a blast, especially finale.And where did I say that I joined in at the finale, skipping setups at expense of others? If I recall correctly I stated that I hated the fact to invest my gaming time in the boring setups and then see the finale fail and lose that final payout, cos I couldn't join anymore... Don't know why it's so wrong for me to expect to play the finale, as I invested my time (with the others) to complete the whole heist.. With randumbs Kuruma was the safe option to see that not happening. For the thrill of the chase me personally, I don't have to play PS-finale anymore...

I still remember first time I played it. Some great players there and I was the lesser one for sure. So finally make it on the bike, was a damn blast.. Then the money... It was a big buck back then... Now time and inflation have corrected that too, ehhe... And like I said, the excitment of completing it has long since parted ways.

And do not think for one second that this fix was done to have people play the game as it was intended... We all know why it got 'fixed'.... It's in the same category as the NPC going haywire whenever it's time to sell a I/E vehicle... Guess I'll make use of my Bob for the little remaining time it's possible to use it for what it's actually intended. Then it can go back to being an expensive visual accessory. Luckily I like choppers... :-)

Edited by Hellbendzor
  • Like 3
EkaSwede

Strange they waited so long to fix it, though. Feels like a quota fix.

Well, it doesn't affect me since I don't really do heists that much anyway. I recall using the unlocked cop car that was close to the bikes. We made it despite 3 flat tires. Was pretty fun.

Edited by EkaSwede
Nerfgoth

They could just lock the doors on the kuruma and insurgent thats all and kewp the garage open! Was planing some fun heisting for Valentine!

seems that after all these years of me seeing this forum for gta info led me to finally make an account.

Anyways i think ill also leave my own 2 cents on this patch

First of all, i already deal with infinite levels of stupidity when any random can cause literally any mission to fail, even the first setup mission where all you have to do is photograph some vans, a random can screw that up, and no matter how much you use that text box (I play on PC btw) a lot of them wont even listen to you, What does this mean? it means that i have to do deal with lots of restarts which already take up lots of time. What makes things worse is that my friendlist is filled with people who seem to give up the game the next day thus having no friends to play this with in the long run.

Second, call it a glitch, call it an exploit, call it w.e, i call it neither, because the game never heavily restricts you on what you have to do, it gives you freedom to complete this mission however you can as long as you get those checkpoints, it doesnt care if you lose or blow up your bikes, it doesn't tell you that you need the bikes beyond that point. The game also never restricts you from entering your apartment, and in most open world games when you do missions, things like these are already restricted from the beginning.

Third, this was most efficient way to make money, now why would i do this mission to make money instead of to have fun? Well, what do i have to do to have access to a lot of gear, vehicles, property and even have more methods of making money? thats right! Money! Did i have fun doing heists? the first few times yeah, but the real reason why i kept doing them was because of money, GTA:O needs you to have money in order to have access to more of its content incase you haven't noticed. and TBH i stopped having fun doing this heist over and over, but guess what, the game wants you to have money to have fun, can you really blame me for the way rockstar has built the online?

Theres so many more problems with this game that could use a fixing, like the infinite/long loads, the laggy servers, the game freezing exporting that happen at random when you're at your laptop trying to export a car. The drop points not appearing when delivering your products, the list goes on.

Yet they go on and patch the most money making efficient method. Why else should i think they arent patching it besides to try and make people buy shark cards? I dont see many ideas really. At this point, i think i rather pay around $20 for DLC than pay $100 for a shark card that wont even cover all the content. Its also exhausting how i need to grind to have access to said content if im not going to pay.

This patch just really disappoints me, that said im still not quitting the game, but i can understand why people are getting fed up of rockstar's crap on this with us having to pay in the tens of millions of in-game money to access the content, and here they come and try to "patch" one of the most efficient ways to make money.

I don't really see why this would need defending in the first place, if some of you guys wanted to do this with just bikes, you can, get some friends that can cooperate you to do this mission, otherwise if you want to do this with randoms, i dont know how are you going to get them to even finish it on bikes without dying then considering you need good people (friends) in the first place, there also goes a huge amount of your cash with it.

• Like 8
Sugarfoot

Guess I gotta turn my heist apartment into a 10 car garage now 😂

I'm not phased eithier way at this point. I do know that people will be real picky on who they choose to play heist with now.

I predict they might fix the reset glitch soon. Then we will get 2x rp and $ on heist again.

Interesting choice to fix that, when there are modded accounts on CG.

Granted, they only have stats and money with their mods, but to get money from Pacific standard you at least needed to throw a bit of work into it. Dumb ass level 8000 players in the same lobby ATM, and they patch that? Well, it doesn't affect me in the end, I've done Pacific standard finale maybe 10 times, total.

Alvarez

You can use a Kuruma in Fleeca Finale, too.

Or in any heist preparation mission.

Shouldn't that be fixed as well, ASAP? Get the Rockstar brownie points while they're still fresh!

• Like 3

Well, this is blatant. Close an avenue of 'easy' money making.

Tightening the noose so creative ways to make money are gone. All in the name of macrotransactions. Glad I'm pretty much over this game. Pissing on players when this was a popular way to avoid bullets. I'm sure it didn't eat into their grand profit scheme too badly. In short, it's just a piss on the playerbase.

And people still worship R* why? Normally in life, accomplishment and success is celebrated. R* on the other hand, creative success and accomplishment is penalized with the more difficulty, forced public lobbies, exposure to trolling and more grinding. So ergo, it's a Dev instituted poverty scheme to keep everyone massively on the grind or terribly poor.

Either way, glad I've moved on. The fun is bled out of GTA:O.

#R*trollsall

Agreed, I've lost so much respect for Rockstar over the last 3 years. It's f*cking ridiculous. They're basically telling you how to play the game you payed for.

• Like 1

Finally! This method always was a cheesy tactic in my eyes. The pacific standard heist wasn't designed to use an armored vehicle. Driving the bikes is supposed to be fun and intense. I can understand maybe taking a police car or a sports car off the street but using your chrome insurgent or kuruma is pathetic in my opinion. This will be a new chapter for the collective community. Maybe now players will how you say "get with the program" and take advantage of the business opportunities Rockstar has implemented for us. You can RANK UP in freemode and earn at least One Million per day. I think that's a pretty good deal! Honestly there are way more profitable things you could be grinding besides the pacific standard with an armored car.

If that's the only way you can afford anything in 2017 then I have a hunch you're most likely desperate and don't have a work ethic or respect the game. That's what a casual player does to get what they want.

I have a friend that has 35M in car sales from his vehicle warehouse business, now that's something I can respect! I love the idea of people playing the game how they're supposed to and getting a lot out of it. I'm elated to hear about this "bad" news, I hope it will fix the economy a little.

Finance and Felony is hands down my favorite update: It brought me and the good old workhorse that is the Buzzard much closer too. 32566421305_e4ddb5991c_b.jpg

• Like 1
Jimbatron

I'm quite capable of doing this on the bikes, BUT...

...there is only one reason they patch this out after all this time. Shark Card sales - as Pac Std with the Kuruma was the fastest way to make money. You can do the finale other ways quickly but you'll lose more of the take - or protect it in other ways (e.g. take a NOOSE van), but that will slow you down.

I'm afraid this is a symptom of a wider problem: R* are getting cheaper and cheaper. It's the same phenomenon that's caused them to spam out novelty updates with limited shelf life - rather than do fewer, bigger, better DLCs. There hasn't been a really good one since Heists imho.

• Like 2

I feel like no one in this thread even tried to enter the garage, i just finished pac final with a kuruma 10 minutes ago lol

I haven't played heists in a while. I thought this news was news. So they DIDN'T fix this after all? Damn.

BlackMilk

I feel like no one in this thread even tried to enter the garage, i just finished pac final with a kuruma 10 minutes ago lol

I haven't played heists in a while. I thought this news was news. So they DIDN'T fix this after all? Damn.

It's a glitch that you can choose (not) to use. It's not a bug that interferes with your game if you don't want it to. What's the problem here?

• Like 1

It's a glitch that you can choose (not) to use. It's not a bug that interferes with your game if you don't want it to. What's the problem here?

It doesn't affect me. The problem is a lot of players are saying this got fixed and some users are saying that it does still work. Seems confusing so what is this thread anyway. Is it patched? We have 75 guests on this thread right now that are probably wondering.

• Like 1
BlackMilk

It doesn't affect me. The problem is a lot of players are saying this got fixed and some users are saying that it does still work. Seems confusing so what is this thread anyway. Is it patched? We have 75 guests on this thread right now that are probably wondering.

Only one way to find out. People have to try it on their own.

And the reason I asked you that is because you said "Damn". If you meant "damn, so we still don't know for sure" that's one thing. But putting it right there implied that you may have been unhappy with the glitch NOT being fixed. And that would be odd because, as we agreed, it doesn't affect your game if you don't want to use it.

Sidenote, I'm calling it a glitch because I'm just assuming Rockstar probably never intended for players to go into their properties during the finale. Though perhaps glitch is not the right term for that seeing how you can just walk right in most of the time, so an oversight would be more fitting, I guess.

feiaschdada

Restart gta

I guess I won't need the Kuruma garage anymore, but really, what made the devs get up and patch this method via tuneable after nearly two years of its existence?

Was it because of sheer boredom, executives orders because it somehow cuts into shark card sales, or just a bug-patch quota that needed to be fulfilled by targeting "bugs" that are really just methods they decided to be silent about? This company is harder to understand than ancient written languages.

Possibly because they noticed a lot of people shut down bikers mission and ignoring the I/E business and still prefer to make quick cash with PacStan. With a few skilled friends you could host 4 PacStan back to back and make a good deal of money than you would in any other business grinding mission.

Now they want people to get frustrated with losing cash on bikes so they can discourage players from sticking to Heists.

Also if you take out the easiest way to make ingame money then you're going to piss your casual player into buying Shark Cards eventually.

• Like 1

Only one way to find out. People have to try it on their own.

And the reason I asked you that is because you said "Damn". If you meant "damn, so we still don't know for sure" that's one thing. But putting it right there implied that you may have been unhappy with the glitch NOT being fixed. And that would be odd because, as we agreed, it doesn't affect your game if you don't want to use it.

Sidenote, I'm calling it a glitch because I'm just assuming Rockstar probably never intended for players to go into their properties during the finale. Though perhaps glitch is not the right term for that seeing how you can just walk right in most of the time, so an oversight would be more fitting, I guess.

Yes I actually would prefer it to be patched. After using this method quite a few times with my friends I realized that It didn't really make me feel accomplished. My respect for the money was changing so I stopped participating. I love earning the next million and this method was taking away my "thunder", this lead me to grow apart from the whole heisting scene. I never deleted any friends that kept doing it though, it was their choice.

Just wasn't really rewarding for me and my goals. I'm not going to be mad if it wasn't patched but now I realize that after hearing the news I would like it to be fixed.

It's never too late for Rockstar to stand up for their game and remove a feature that was likely an exploit. I'm interested to see what happens with this hot topic as you are too.

BlackMilk

I don't really care about it either way. I like GTA:O but it's not the only game I'm interested in or a very important thing in my life. And when I do play I can still do other things that don't require either three random idiots or three active friends to get through. I prefer just making money in an empty session with the CEO and MC businesses now.

The only difference this makes for me is that if we indeed cannot enter our properties anymore I'll simply never do the Pacific Standard finale with random players ever again. Lord knows I'm not the best driver this community has but at least I can get to the end on a motorcycle, one way or another. That's more than what the vast majority of players I've met in-game can say about themselves.

Halal Cyborg

Honestly I know people that only do this and constantly ask me to help...are they going to actually play the game now?

It's doing them a favour I'm certain 😂

Pedinhuh

Next thing you know: You won't be able to use the Kuruma in Prison Break - Plane because its a glitch, it makes things to easy right?

You also won't be able to use the same Kuruma in Pac Stan - Hack to kill the enemies earlier and cut down on time, because its a glitch.

They will also patch we being able to snipe the Savage helicopter from afar in the Convoy setup, too easy, right?

They will also patch the navigators being able to drive in Pac Stan - Vans, because clearly that was also a glitch, right?

You also wont be able to use the Kuruma in the Valkyre setup for the Humane Labs heist, right? Its a glitch as it makes the setup too easy.

Hummmm, let me see where we can efficiently use the Kuruma in heists:

Prison Break - Plane;

Prison Break - Police Station (can be used as a backup for the players driving the Casco and the cop car);

Prison Break - Bus;

Prison Break - Dirty Work;

Humane Labs - Insurgent;

Humane Labs - Valkyre;

Series A - Sawmill;

Pac Stan - Hack;

Pac Stan - Vans(backup in case of cops);

Pac Stan - Convoy;

Pac Stan - Bikes.

The Kuruma makes all of these too easy, so R* should patch it and make the heists even MORE railroaded than they are right now, right?

I'm sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but you guys are f*cking ridiculous.

• Like 6

^ I'm sure there's quite a few people here that would be overjoyed if you couldn't use the armored Kuruma ever again in any situation.

Shaundi.

Whilst I can handle a bike and heists aren't my thing, people who are celebrating this are clearly idiots.

If you support limitations like this, the very idea of a sandbox game is thrown out the window.

E- I dread to think what will be "fixed" next.

Edited by Shaundi.
  • Like 7
Halal Cyborg

Good points pedinhuh but it's clearly supposed to be an option on those setups whereas on the PS finale it's more of a grey area.

Also I use the Carbo on the setups and laugh at everyone in their kurumas 😂

Dacelo

^ I'm sure there's quite a few people here that would be overjoyed if you couldn't use the armored Kuruma ever again in any situation.

Seriously. I loathe the Armored Kuruma, think it should have never been added but that's just because I find it cheap in PVP. I don't get anyone complaining about what vehicle people utilise in PVE because it doesn't affect anyone but the person using the vehicle*.

* not applicable to when people try to run you over if you don't get in their Armored Kuruma