1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Pacific Standard Kuruma method patched?

MisterDLCdreams

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

True, but when you got your sight on a lil bigger money (aka the finale), it still is peanuts, only worth the hassle for that finale... Some setups are also a major pita... Van setup isn't one of them, but some of the others... oh man... Throw in a nitwit randumb and you're glad you, despite all odds, make it to the finale... And then... Nitwit leaves after four retries, several tips (including heavy armor vest) and there goes da money, ehhe...

If you join random heist setups for the big finale you are doing something wrong.

What the **** does that even mean? Rockstar intended for people to be able to play with random players. There's no "doing something wrong" there. The only way people would be doing that wrong is if they're expecting success in missions with random players.

Yup, but it is pretty greedy to expect a finale when playing with randoms and getting mad or sad when you are not getting it....and god, i am saying this as an ingame pretty greedy player :p

Expect nothing, that way you do not get a dissapointment.

There's nothing particularly greedy about hoping to directly join a finale lobby. Most random players are idiots. There's little fun to be had in failure, and there's plenty of failure to be had in heist missions with random players. Many people only bother trying them for the money. The best money is in finales. They're a little easier to fail but have much better payouts than the set up missions.

It's pretty simple that way. It's not any more greedy than say, expecting a cut of no less than 15% when actually starting a finale.

And before any smart arse mentions so-called "finale hoppers", most random hosts are also idiots who don't reinvite the players that helped them complete previous set up missions. Just because you might be smart enough to do so doesn't mean the majority is. And when someone new joins your lobby, you have no way of knowing wether or not they TRIED to stick with a team throughout a heist or not.

On-topic: it's a bit sad how people are getting on their high horses about this. We all know how this glitch helped people make it through something that most players would fail in. From the moment that this glitch has been fixed, it is now a very unwise decision to bother joining a Pacific Standard finale with people you don't know. No matter their rank, it is extremely likely you will never get close to the boat and therefor your pay day. Don't bother unless you have crewmembers and/or friends to play it with instead.

EDIT: Also, let's totally not question the logic in Lester having us steal and use a Kuruma for the easiest heist in the game and then force us to go on motorcycles and drive across the map with the knowledge that there'll be an army of police officers after us in cars and helicopters. What the hell, Lester? You get on a motorcycle with your limp, see how you do.

I agree that some hosts would not reconaise skill even when it bit them in the nose, but those heists are gonna end up bad in general anyhow.

louisplasta

they should've patched the finale loop in case they wanna get rid of those finale grinders

garage isn't that gamebreaking though

feiaschdada

It's sad. But anyway, Pacific Standard Job is NOT the fastest way to earn money since Import / Export job released.

I'm pretty sure Import/Export is not the fastest way to earn money either. Filling crate warehouses still has a higher money-per-mission, and it's also faster as long as you can keep your average time per mission below 5 minutes or so. Exporting cars is not as risky tho, it's also less boring, and better for doing solo.

Look in the link of my signature.

Edited by feiaschdada
Khephera

From the moment that this glitch has been fixed, it is now a very unwise decision to bother joining a Pacific Standard finale with people you don't know. No matter their rank, it is extremely likely you will never get close to the boat and therefor your pay day. Don't bother unless you have crewmembers and/or friends to play it with instead.

this

Just did it with my old crew. We now kill the hostages to trigger the Noose and then someone get a SWAT car. You are pretty save with your money in the back of the car. But it's slow.

Edited by Khephera_87_GER
  • Like 2
xInfamousRYANx

they should've patched the finale loop in case they wanna get rid of those finale grinders

Apparently the finale replay has been fixed too. If you disconnect from the heist it still marks the heist as complete supposedly. Have not been able to confirm myself yet

Jon, I hear you...

But a link to where you read this would really help. Otherwise its just you word, I have had a quick look but not seen an official response yet. There are support tickets that confirm it is an issue that needs to be fixed but no more than that yet from R*.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204646617-Glitch-the-pacific-standard-final

We are aware of this issue. We will make a KB article about it when the issue is resolved.

This is the type of guy who raises his hand right at the end of class and says, "Teacher, you forgot about our essays that were due today."

• Like 3
Nerfgoth

Well, the heist update is now dead to me. R*, once again, patching anything fun and creative.

I'm not gonna drive stupid f*cking bikes. I'm not an idiot.

LMFAO at these people :D

LMAO at you. It wasn't a glitch. Now, people are gonna glitch. All my heist friends have started duping, and have made more in the last few minutes than this heist ever gave.

...which just proves the point that this had nothing at all to do with "fun and creativity" but only with how much money you could make. Please.

By the way, if you play heists with friends and those friends are competent, there is no reason you can't get 1.2 mil per run of Pac Standard on the bikes, without fail, without dying. My heist group has played that finale many dozens of times and sometimes we would use the bikes just because we were bored with the Kuruma. There's just no reason for a competent player wearing the heavy vest to die or even lose a significant amount of money. So people saying they'll never do the heist again because the easiest, most boring way to do it has been removed are really cracking me the f*ck up right now. If you insist on putting all four guys in a car, just steal a police car or riot van; the former won't give you perfect takes and the latter is slow, but both of them are nearly as safe and easy as the Kuruma overall.

Drama queens, I swear.

I've played the bikes to death. Bikes are boring as f*cking sh*t. I don't care if you can get a full take using bikes. So can I. It's not hard, it's tedious.

It's not even about the kuruma. I don't care. Sometimes I want to escape on a faggio. Can't do that now. Escape in an issi, movie style? Nope. Not unless you get lucky and find one.

Restricting gameplay is stupid. People who defend it are dumb. If you want there to be only one way to complete everything, watch a movie. Games are supposed to be fun.

You'd have a point if there weren't a million other things to do in GTA. If you don't like the movie-style scripting of heists, do ANYTHING else. Yes it would be ideal if heists had more flexibility in them, but that's the tradeoff you make to play an exciting scripted mission (at least it's exciting the first few times). You have many other options though, and most of them are more flexible than heists as well, so get over it. It's not the end of the world.

And by the way, you still have a lot of choice on heists. The route on the bikes is not scripted - you don't need to follow the checkpoints at all. And you don't even have to use the bikes! Steal a car off the street, steal a cop car, steal a riot van.

LOL @ the Faggio comment, too. You'd miss the timer to make it to the boat by, oh, about 5 minutes I think. It's a joke anyway. I have played this heist so many times and never saw people doing it "in style" in weird, random cars. It was always the Kuruma, and that's all people are crying about in this thread. As if the bikes are boring but the Kuruma isn't! You're bulletproof and literally three of the four players just sit there, nudging their controllers every few minutes so they don't time out during the drive. It's dull as dishwater, and no one would ever do that if there weren't so much money at stake.

One weird car!

dimitrispgr

So frustrating fixing this kind of sh** and not respawn / non contact / network issues that are back after MC DLC.

• Like 2

While personally I don't give a sh*t as grinding for money ain't my thing, this kind of bollocks up any remote hope of doing heists with randoms unless by some miracle you get a team of competent players but it seemed every time I've played Pacific Standard with a random online lobby theres players who can barely manage to steal the bikes and get away without getting killed nevermind a trip half way across SA. I've voiced before that atleast in my opinion the balance of pricing in the game compared to money making itself is awfully skewed and this just seems like an awful attempt at limiting players getting reasonable amounts of money and thus attempting making shark cards a more viable option for said players. That being said I don't see why they would patch the Kuruma aspect but leave the finale loop open, nor do I see why people who are against using the Kuruma for this so vehemently despise those who do simply because "it's not how it's meant to be" - hasn't a large aspect of GTA always being going against the grain and doing things you're not meant to do? You can store 50+ weapons on one player and stand on a table with an RPG bone idle before switching to one of multiple assault rifles on hand to slaughter an entire police force but using an armored vehicle to make the process smoother is suddenly despicable? Nobody is forcing you to get in the Kuruma, get there before they blow the bikes up and drive one?

If anything I'd like to see a fix for the god awful buggy servers and frequent disconnects as opposed to a "glitch" that hurts nobody and is completely optional.

JuniorChubb

Jon, I hear you...

But a link to where you read this would really help. Otherwise its just you word, I have had a quick look but not seen an official response yet. There are support tickets that confirm it is an issue that needs to be fixed but no more than that yet from R*.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/204646617-Glitch-the-pacific-standard-final

We are aware of this issue. We will make a KB article about it when the issue is resolved.

This is the type of guy who raises his hand right at the end of class and says, "Teacher, you forgot about our essays that were due today."

Just realised, the post I quoted was a random reply, I read it too quickly and assumed it was a R* reply. I always have damned issues with their site, it took me ages to find the up vote button on the GTA Stunt Races Ticket.

Not the best thread to make a cock up like that.

MisterDLCdreams

Im a GRINDER for sure I do it more than a couple times in a day but ill also do more I do all the other CEO an Biker stuff Adv- missions races an I can make a whole lobby go into passive

its only dead to those who are the loners tbh find some friends to play with a crew stop being a dick head an play

I've been playing for years now

the patch messed it up for the noobs who if they came across me an my crew would have made a quick million an then fell into the game more but now it pushes to buy a shark card here an there an quit go play COD or 2K

I will still will play the PASS ST beacuse I have a feeling there goin to do something about the loop play of it

nothing like that 70%

Mach1bud

its only dead to those who are the loners tbh find some friends to play with a crew stop being a dick head an play

I've been playing for years now

I'm a loner pretty much.

• Like 1
feiaschdada

Apparently the finale replay has been fixed too. If you disconnect from the heist it still marks the heist as complete supposedly. Have not been able to confirm myself yet

That would be indeed good news

• Like 1
Nutduster

After looping this off and on for years, and banking big bucks, the patching of this really won't effect me. It's ironic, but my group was just saying last night, let's do this with the bikes, it's become too boring with the Kuruma.

But this is my fairness problem with it: Rock Star prices the in game stuff at a certain price. Decisions to buy or not buy something include many variables, one of which is the usefulness of an item. Me, I personally purchased a number of Kurumas (in case one gets blown up it's nice to have a back up) and that apartment BECAUSE this was permitted (and for all the people saying, this wasn't what Rock Star intended, you are supposed to ride the bikes, you are missing the point. Rock Star allowed you to do it. By closing off access to the garages now, Rock Star is proving they could have done this when the Heists launched. They chose not to). So the unfairness comes in charging you X amount of dollars for items based on what you believed you could use them for--after spending said money, they alter the use of those items.

I guess Rock Star will offer us a full refund for the Kuruma and that apartment building. If someone could kindly point in the direction to claim this full refund, I would appreciate it.

C'mon man. You almost certainly made that money back many times over, if you've played the heist enough to get bored with the method. That apartment is dirt cheap and the Kuruma doesn't cost that much either. And if you bought "a number" of them, that's just you pissing away money, which isn't Rockstar's fault. You only ever needed to remember to call Mors Mutual. Worst case scenario, you buy two (one as a backup) and leave it at that. But even if you filled that entire garage with six Kurumas, I'm guessing your easy profits and perfect takes made up the difference. You're gonna be fine. The car itself is still immensely useful in other heists and setup missions, almost all contact missions, and even free roam (unless you come near me - then your ass is going to explode, but that's another story).

Edited by Nutduster
ash-274

holy f*ck 15,000 views in less than a day.

Views follow the money. (Or, the sudden lack of them)

105 user(s) are reading this topic

15 members, 88 guests, 2 anonymous users

Lurkers that don't have the fortitude to join or can't remember their passwords :lol:

Edited by ash-274
Mach1bud

holy f*ck 15,000 views in less than a day.

Views follow the money. (Or, the sudden lack of them)

105 user(s) are reading this topic

15 members, 88 guests, 2 anonymous users

Lurkers that don't have the fortitude to join or can't remember their passwords :lol:

Yan shared this thread on his Twitter. That's where they are from.

Instead of fighting, let's work the problem, fighting and bickering won't solve anything guys.

This man is correct. Let's work the problem and find a new way to get into our garage during the heist...

...So that R* can become aware of it and patch that too. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I DO want players to find some new way(s) to do this glitch, so that R* can patch it. The sooner someone finds it, the better.

Khephera

Instead of fighting, let's work the problem, fighting and bickering won't solve anything guys.

This man is correct. Let's work the problem and find a new way to get into our garage during the heist...

...So that R* can become aware of it and patch that too. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. I DO want players to find some new way(s) to do this glitch, so that R* can patch it. The sooner someone finds it, the better.

I don't get why you want this to happen. If no one finds a new "glitch", then no one is using it. But you want players to find a new one so that, again, no one is using it because you want R* to patch it asap.

So wouldn't it be better if no one finds a new glitch? That would also reduce the number of (ab)users in the meantime until R* gets aware of it and fix it.^^

• Like 1
ash-274

I don't get why you want this to happen. If no one finds a new "glitch", then no one is using it. But you want players to find a new one so that, again, no one is using it because you want R* to patch it asap.

So wouldn't it be better if no one finds a new glitch? That would also reduce the number of (ab)users in the meantime until R* gets aware of it and fix it.^^

This "glitch" (exploit, unintended mechanic) took them longer to fix than the ability to buy a Cargobob.

It took them 22 months. Twenty-two

• Like 1

You're right, let me rephrase. IF there's still a way to do this exploit, I'd want players to find it ASAP so that it too can be patched. But what would be even better is if there ISN'T another way to do it, and the problem is solved forever already.
dieseltech20

Oh well. Only done this heist twice during CMM runs. I don't give a damn how others play this game. Not stupid enough to heist with randumbs anyways.

"It's a heist, it's supposed to--" Stop right there. It's a sandbox game.

I never thought I'd see so many people celebrating game limitations that are completely optional and have no negative effect on the player, whatsoever.

"I only do it the proper way." A lot of you have a really smug aire about you.

You're worse than the people whining that it's "ruined GTA for them."

This forum has some really f*cking obnoxious members in its ranks.

My ignore list grows stronger with each thread.

• Like 12
Khephera

You're right, let me rephrase. IF there's still a way to do this exploit, I'd want players to find it ASAP so that it too can be patched. But what would be even better is if there ISN'T another way to do it, and the problem is solved forever already.

And does it really affect you when people drive the Kuruma or something else? I mean you really want it, you even say it's a "problem"... for whom exactly? I think that removing this unintended option doesn't have positive effects at all, quite the opposite as some members have already pointed out. Now I (not necessarily I^^) have to drive a SWAT car from the NOOSE, which is basically just a slower Kuruma, in order not to lose some money. It's also not intended from what I've read from you (only bikes). Should they patch that too, disabling entry to NPC cars in Heists?

• Like 4
Killer Whale

Well sh*t. I guess I'll have to check if soloing I/E can net me more money given the invested time...

And does it really affect you when people drive the Kuruma or something else? I mean you really want it, you even say it's a "problem"... for whom exactly? I think that removing this unintended option doesn't have positive effects at all, quite the opposite as some members have already pointed out. Now I (not necessarily I^^) have to drive a SWAT car from the NOOSE, which is basically just a slower Kuruma, in order not to lose some money. It's also not intended from what I've read from you (only bikes). Should they patch that too, disabling entry to NPC cars in Heists?

Yes, they should patch that too. For situations where the game is telling you to do something in a specific way, then yea, you should only be able to do it that way. The game tells you to get on the bikes, so you should have no choice but to get on the bikes. OR, the game should legitimately give you the option to do it another way. For example, at the point of the heist when you reach the bikes, the game specifically says to get on the bikes. Now, if the game instead said something like "Get on the bikes or steal a vehicle" or something like that, then I'd be fine with players using ANYTHING other than the bikes. But so long as the game does not tell you that, then the bikes should be the only option.

Don't get me wrong, I think there SHOULD be other options. I like the idea of choosing from a number of different ways to get things done (even though there's still going to be a best way to get it done that everyone will use anyway). But the game does not make those options clear to you. All it says is get on the bikes. I'd rather the language be changed to make it clear that the player has other options, but until it is, the bikes should be used.

The problem with people saying that it's a sandbox game so they should be able to play it there way, is that there's still only gonna be one way that everyone plays. Being forced to use the bikes means that, obviously, everyone is using the bikes. But when players were able to get into their garage, everyone was using the Kuruma or the Insurgent. So, you're saying it's a sandbox game and you should have multiple options, but you're still only using that one option (Kuruma/Insurgent)? Doesn't really make sense. Seems like people don't want sandbox options. Seems more like they just want their easy mode option back.

Edited by MysticJon
  • Like 2
Khephera

Yes, they should. The game tells you to get on the bikes, so you should have no choice but to get on the bikes. OR, the game should legitimately give you the option to do it another way. For example, at the point of the heist when you reach the bikes, the game specifically says to get on the bikes. Now, if the game instead said something like "Get on the bikes or steal a vehicle" or something like that, then I'd be fine with players using ANYTHING other than the bikes. But so long as the game does not tell you that, then the bikes should be the only option.

Don't get me wrong, I think there SHOULD be other options. I like the idea of choosing from a number of different ways to get things done (even though there's still going to be a best way to get it done that everyone will use anyway). But the game does not make those options clear to you. All it says is get on the bikes. I'd rather the language be changed to make it clear that the player has other options, but until it is, the bikes should be used.

To complete the mission with the bikes was the objective in the previous setup, not in the PS finale. The objective in the PS finale, however, is just to get away with the money, and in order to do so you get the bikes from which to start the getaway. As you said, the game just makes it clear to get to the bikes... but not to finish it with the bikes. Apparently R* is either agreeing with me as they didn't patch that, or they are too stupid to force you using the bikes until the end (which wouldn't make any sense). They can actually do it like in the previous setup where you have to get on the bike no matter what, and if the bike gets destroyed, you get a little "Lectro destroyed" notification and the mission fails. But you can legitimatly use another vehicle in case your Lectro got destroyed or in case you don't feel driving it - just not your garage anymore. And the game does not, in fact, tell you that you have to use the bikes all the way to the Dingi, whatsoever.

But I don't really buy it that this is your main issue here anyway. :)

• Like 3
aManHasNoName

I still can't understand why we can't use a vehicle that we procured to use in and specifically created for heists and it was used directly for the beginning heist.. allowed to use for an incredibly long time and now out of the blue R* decides we shouldn't be allowed to. Either they still have some expensive stuff headed our way or they are going to find ways to force people to stop playing the game. Now before you start in with Red Dead or GTA 6 let me remind you that that will not work out as planned because not all young GTA players will bother with RD and GTA is still a loooong way out... Forcing Shark Card sales is another route that is just dirty business.. Especially for a company doing so well off of them anyway.

Edited for grammar.. and spelling..LOL

Edited by aManHasNoName
DigitalNikki

This glitch is two years running, don't get mad when they fix things like that.

Get mad you can't drive a bike.

Still wasn't a glitch. I played the heist earlier tonight to test demo, and we used the bikes I didn't die once. The only time I even fell off the bike was when an idiot a friend invited ran into me. I drive bikes better then I drive cars. Don't assume that because I do not agree it should be changed I can't drive bikes.

71.5k car crashes for 11,135 miles, or 9961 motorcycle crashes for 9,266 miles. No I'm nowhere near the best driver in GTA.

Edited by aDigitalPhantom
  • Like 1