3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MisterDLCdreams

Pacific Standard Kuruma method patched?

alkaline_

ui ui ui if every player just steals a car off the street (if they are not able to ride a bike) and doesn't shoot any nonsparkly cops, they don't shoot back if you follow the marked route. sparkly simple.

Action_Andy

To me, it was never a "glitch" or "exploit" but completely within the rules of the game, since you have (had?) access to your garage in a lot of missions and heists. It was just a clever (and somewhat lazy) way to do that mission. I don't have problems doing this mission the "intended" way, but I don't like it when Rockstar ist limiting the possibilities to play that game and there are a sh*tload of annoying bugs that should have been patched before even bothering about players using Kuruma for PacStan.

MisterDLCdreams

Ran at least 6 heist back to back with the crew no problem

If anything lost about 20,000

Was doing it the old fashioned way before knowing any of the little tricks An glitches

As for the randoms oh my it's going to be a bitch

zoso80

Well, this is blatant. Close an avenue of 'easy' money making.

Tightening the noose so creative ways to make money are gone. All in the name of macrotransactions. Glad I'm pretty much over this game. Pissing on players when this was a popular way to avoid bullets. I'm sure it didn't eat into their grand profit scheme too badly. In short, it's just a piss on the playerbase.

And people still worship R* why? Normally in life, accomplishment and success is celebrated. R* on the other hand, creative success and accomplishment is penalized with the more difficulty, forced public lobbies, exposure to trolling and more grinding. So ergo, it's a Dev instituted poverty scheme to keep everyone massively on the grind or terribly poor.

Either way, glad I've moved on. The fun is bled out of GTA:O.

#R*trollsall

DangerZ0neX

I guess I won't need the Kuruma garage anymore, but really, what made the devs get up and patch this method via tuneable after nearly two years of its existence?

Was it because of sheer boredom, executives orders because it somehow cuts into shark card sales, or just a bug-patch quota that needed to be fulfilled by targeting "bugs" that are really just methods they decided to be silent about? This company is harder to understand than ancient written languages.

MisterLanceVanceDance

Tried it today after a random I hired told me it was patched, I was able to get in my garage & get the kuruma which made him flip out saying he tried it 20 times earlier in the day

Close app worked too so we tried it a second time and I couldn't get in the garage. Still can't. RIP.

#LibertyCityHeistDLCConfirmed

divyesshyo

has anyone find a workround to get kuruma i mean it saves lot of time tough

update_lsc

has anyone find a workround to get kuruma i mean it saves lot of time tough

lmao, you gotta be kidding. lectros may be slow for the bikes class, but still a lot quicker than the noob shell..

Xiled

Remember when the removed the ability to go on top of the building in the boneyard survival?

Remember when they completely changed rooftop rumble and coveted even though they were in the rules of the game? Than they eventually made them time based where you get half the original payout for 4 minutes and have to wait 11 more minutes for the other half. Wonder why a lot of people stopped doing missions.

Remember the $80,000 capture gamemode glitch of Field of screams? What it was a fair payout. You had to deliver 3 tractors and it took a team of 6 people for 15 minutes to get the first tractor to the corona. Get in tractor if you somehow didnt get destroyed by ai drive 2 feet die repeat while the team attempted to hold them off. Than they nerfed capture payout.

A lot of stuff is in the rules of the game but they still patch it like this going to garage to get personal car trick. Its not breaking any rules but they think it is.

Edited by Xiled

elfoam

If Thats True... I'm Done with this Game!!!

I'm Really beginning to think R* is reading My GD Thoughts ... as I was just thinking a couple days ago about trying to do Pac Stan this weekend to build some cash on My Main Account (2nd Account doesnt have PacStan Unlocked yet.) Nothing Like having a Monkey, drop a Wrench in your Plans. I'd like to take that Da** Wrench and Crack that Monkey upside his Head ... Stupid Monkey ..LOL

I Need to stop watching Robot Chicken ...

...you'd quit a game because an exploit got fixed? Wow man. That's a new low, even for the gta community.

If it's really not possible to enter your garage during heists anymore, i'd be fukcking happy. About time. Psj was absolutely ruined by it. "oh noes, i can't dodge a few cop cars on a bike and take care of four cops that shoot at me, i need my armored noob car"

Getting into your garage during a hiest or mission is part of the game and always has been. If this has carried over into missions people are going to be rightfully pissed off. If you rather play a scripted game than open world, go for it.

Edited by elfoam

LeelooPL

Is repeating only the final also patched?

askinnywhitedildo

Look, a lot of the reasons for getting the Kuruma wasn't to stop from losing money. It was to stop idiot randoms from dying. I'm fine with the bikes. But now it's going to be a sh*t show watching randoms try to do this.

As long as leaving the game underneath the bridge at the end still works, then everything will be fine.

Xiled

Well if they did something as simple as making you not able to get personal cars, I don't see them stopping with just that. They might do a lot more with the finale :(

MisterLanceVanceDance

No. Still works

Fluffy Sock

Laziness over the getaway method in PS finale -> terrible, noobs and their noob shell must die, Lester's stupidest idea should be as mandatory as going from left to right in a Super Mario level.

Laziness over not getting a freaking dedicated crew to do that finale in a specific way -> lmao are you crazy? Better expect the whole world to do the things the way I like.

Next step -> "using the Cargobob in export missions makes them too easy, R* patch pl0x"

_PANiC_

Well, this is blatant. Close an avenue of 'easy' money making.

Tightening the noose so creative ways to make money are gone. All in the name of macrotransactions. Glad I'm pretty much over this game. Pissing on players when this was a popular way to avoid bullets. I'm sure it didn't eat into their grand profit scheme too badly. In short, it's just a piss on the playerbase.

And people still worship R* why? Normally in life, accomplishment and success is celebrated. R* on the other hand, creative success and accomplishment is penalized with the more difficulty, forced public lobbies, exposure to trolling and more grinding. So ergo, it's a Dev instituted poverty scheme to keep everyone massively on the grind or terribly poor.

Either way, glad I've moved on. The fun is bled out of GTA:O.

#R*trollsall

Anything that could take away from a single dollar of cashcard sales will get closed down eventually.

elfoam

Well I'm happy to report you can still enter your garage in a mission so although it's absolute bullsh*t to see a reduction in freedom and alternative strategy at least they didn't break everything. They still get my asshole of the day award.

Hiddenshadow

M5JlyCP.gif

That's me done then.

I'm one of those fools playing with randoms, and the kuruma method is the only way to get it done when you have people that:

• Don't know what a heavy utility vest is for(if you don't need it, fine, but then why'd you die repeatedly?)
  • Either don't speak a word of English, or don't bother listening to anyone
  • Can't manage to keep the hostages secured because they don't know how the RPG works(or don't own one, and ignore pleas to deal with the guards upstairs while someone high level enough manages the hostages)
  • Kill a few hostages while spamming gunfire, so NOOSE gets called in
  • Start taking the money, even though it was agreed upon beforehand that only one person would(risk management, only one target)
  • Hit the bank door(s) with an explosive weapon, usually killing themselves, or if the carrier hasn't moved away fast/far enough, lose money
  • Start sprinting into the alleys, then die repeatedly/walk slowly into the alleys and waste time shooting cops rather than getting to cover
  • Don't know the shortcut by hopping the fence/follow people over the fence but faceplant and die or lose money
  • Don't know that if you don't shoot at the cops, they don't shoot at you from their cars(when coming out of the garage at least, I would assume this also works when respawning at the bikes)
  • Can't drive a bike without falling off
  • Don't follow the GPS route(the long way around), so get more cops thrown at them as a result(which works fine in a kuruma, but people can't drive bikes for sh*t)
  • Go directly to the boat and lose a ton of cash getting shot because the cops don't despawn
  • Don't know the shortcuts on the mountain(if they actually go there)
  • Mess up the parachute jump and kill themselves(on bikes)
  • Don't listen and still jump out while using the kuruma method(takes so long opening the doors as passengers they just about always die. If you want to jump, just let the driver know so he can knock the doors off, ffs)
  • Drive into the water, so take damage and lose money(when swimming out of a car in deep enough water)
  • And, finally, beach the goddamn boat right at the end

By no means is that a complete list of all the ways I've seen people screw up, but it illustrates my point: Heists are nearly unplayable with randoms, and we need every advantage we can get.

Guess I'll just use the cash reserve I've built up from heisting(which is just about all I found enjoyable in this game, because It's coop only, and it pays reasonably well) to check out new DLC when it comes out, but aside from that, meh.

kenmy13999

Someone said they could enter the garage after this fix, but had to wait around 40 seconds before they could get in. Anyone tried that?

Edited by kenmy13999

Fluffy Sock

Well, if it's true that is patched, at least they have waited until the best moneymaker (import-export) came to us.

This patched a year ago would have changed things severely :whuh:

Edited by Perez84

Sagrawa

Never expected so many people loving this after the countless times I was forced to get into the Kuruma.

Blessed be the ones who have the Lectro as their favorite bike now:)

Pedinhuh

Meh, I've moved on from heist some time ago, terrible way of making money for me since I'm a lone wolf.

Sagrawa

Someone said they could enter the garage after this fix, but had to wait around 40 seconds before they could get in. Anyone tried that?

That has been the case for ages. If you weren't quick enough in running to the garage, you had to wait a while before it let you in again.

scalliano

Glad I didn't buy that apartment now. GG, R*, that's one less sale.

InFrareD Kush

Wow. Wow e wow wow. Just wow. I cant believe this method got patched. Why after all this time? Good thing i have 80 million still. I know you can still get the helicopter but dayummmm. Thanks c*

its no tv sketch

It was nice just drink beer safely while someone else did the driving. Only change is that I'm not ever doing this with randoms again.

ALifeOfMisery

I don't care that this specifically has been patched. That R* chooses to patch this over so many other things that I find annoying. They patch getting a Kuruma so players can avoid losing a couple hundred grand due to randoms crashing the bikes but the glitched biker businesses we dropped around $15 million on and now don't earn sh*t are just left broken.

I do wonder, if the game is supposedly having its support cut in a few months, why are they wasting time fixing age old things like this. There won't be anything new to grind for, no new content, shark card sales drop off.

Lonely-Martin

Well, where to begin... I've never considered it a glitch to get a Kuruma first of all, it's smart heisting, quick and easy, that said had players not glitched the finale for repeat grinding then this fix wouldn't have happened quite honestly, the good thing is kids and noobs will either have to pay the high levels now because they will be able to help these new guys out as they will struggle, good, I did first time, so did most of us older guys on here, we learned how to heist, the kids, cheats and noobs copy it, take all the tricks public and this happens. To be clear the bike ride is NOT an issue for me, but will be for others, had the finale repeat glitch not existed then imo this fix would not have come, so many guys out there barely level 50 yet they've run 100's of finales, mmm... Well all the butthurt is on you kids, cheats and bad sports. I'm still gold as there is an easy route for the bikes, many other lil' bits that come in handy too that I won't discuss, get to learning kiddo's as it's gonna be tricky going from a protected bubble to actually earning your cut!!! But shut up if you do find a trick or easy method or the next fix will be like this... 'There's not enough players in this public session for you to access this computer'... I can see it now... Anyhow, as an experienced player, with a lot of heist knowledge, a real desire to earn every in-game dollar legitimately too, I will be fine with these changes...

APB

Well sh*t... I`m only left with Import/Export if i ever need to make more money than I have atm.

R* patching creative ways as always.

Edited by APB

kottonmouth401

If you're worried about losing money on the bike ride, or players dying, just kill a hostage in the bank and steal the NOOSE van after you get to the bikes. Its obviously slower than the Kuruma, but its just as bulletproof.