Everywhere - by Build A Rocket Boy

Spider-Vice

So is MindsEye the cancelled Agent from Rockstar?

I had no idea this is indeed a separate thing until now and I imagine it can be accessed in multiple ways ... either as a standalone purchase or through Everywhere if you buy it from there.

• excuseme 1

5 hours ago, Emmi said:

So is MindsEye the cancelled Agent from Rockstar?

No lol, nothing like it. Agent was a spy thriller set during the cold war, MindsEye looks to be an open world city game set in the near future.

5 hours ago, Emmi said:

I had no idea this is indeed a separate thing until now and I imagine it can be accessed in multiple ways ... either as a standalone purchase or through Everywhere if you buy it from there.

The wave of information from March told us that you access and play ME through Everywhere. Everywhere has a player hub called Utopia with various wings that lead you to various types of content, with one of those wings being where you play Everywhere. We have no reason to believe this has changed as of today, but it is always possible that they could release it as a standalone game.

Do note though that their plan is for it to be an episodic game which typically means it'll release in short chunks vs one big game.

13 hours ago, NestorSite said:

There's not a single thing in that sentence (that is not a quote from anyone, it's just a journalist writing things) that contradicts what I've just told you: They can release MindsEye in Everywhere while making it accessible by other means. (For example, the EV Launcher). 

Their idea is to do it in EV, YES. But it's NOT THE ONLY option. 

Anyway, feel free to think whatever you want about this lol, I'm already tired.

Slightly off-topic, but it's the umpteenth time I see this with you and Everywhere:

Christ, is there a need to get so combative over a completely normal and civil discussion about the workings of this thing? Not everyone will know everything about the game or be as much in the loop as you, and as far as I know it's allowed to be sceptical about things, plus not everyone will share the same opinions and can think that MindsEye will be handled a different way (especially when it's based off real information given to the press... is BARB's own info wrong now?).

Or is this just hypocrisy coming through and you can be sceptical about "that other developer" yet others can't be sceptical about Everywhere/BARB because you start losing your mind? Quite funny if you ask me.

Considering what's happening in this thread perhaps I should start losing my mind and saying "I'm already tired" about comments like this - or are they not allowed for Everywhere specifically/only allowed towards R*? (spoiler alert: obviously I don't give a sh*t, but it's a valid comparison - if I started acting like you, you'd be calling it out as well - if somebody started making comments like this for Everywhere [which none of the above are, they are a civil discussion] you'd be exploding right now)

On 6/14/2023 at 3:02 AM, NestorSite said:

Rockstar went from "Grand Theft Auto" to just "Grand Theft"

Anyway... 

Edited by Spider-Vice

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting bit of information came out from Epic recently. When they laid off a load of people one of the reasons they cited was that the "metaverse" or platform game aspect of their income was performing lower than expected. Wonder how that went down at BARB tbh, if Epic w/ the juggernaut that is Fortnite aren't performing well then the market Everywhere is launching in, which they'll immediately be battling Fortnite and Roblox in, is perhaps even more difficult or smaller than they thought.

Could be that people just consider those games old and tired at this point. Also this has been a really good year for games, so a lot of people maybe moved on.

I don't know how those games function, so the only thing I can look at is GTAO. Could be something similar, with lack of original content, tacky features that people don't care about, or features that people like being removed, like Rockstar removing 200 cars. I used to basically live in that game but seeing people move on, the lack of good content, and all these new awesome games made me take a step back for awhile.

Platform like games, like Fortnite and Roblox, are still extremely popular as far as I'm aware but the problem Epic has ran into I think is monetising it. To attract creators you need to pay creators and I think that's where the problem for them has come from.

"While Fortnite is starting to grow again, the growth is driven primarily by creator content with significant revenue sharing, and this is a lower margin business than we had when Fortnite Battle Royale took off and began funding our expansion."

It's not a case of lack of interest I don't think, so perhaps not a case of the market being smaller, but definitely more difficult.  I will be genuinely curious to see how BARB launch the game and how they work with streamers and other content creators to bring people into the game. I feel like these types of games need a strong start so they can snowball into some, rather than being able to build up to something over 12-24 months. It'll be genuinely interesting to see anyway, as it will tell us a lot about future games of this type.

• 3 weeks later...
universetwisters

Is the latest trend just expecting people to make their own game rn? I just saw the trailer a few days ago, very overdue 

sTgL5iS.png

On 10/25/2023 at 5:25 PM, universetwisters said:

Is the latest trend just expecting people to make their own game rn? I just saw the trailer a few days ago, very overdue 

IMO it comes from 2 industry obsessions
1. "Metaverse" content bullsh*t like Fortnite where you can do lots of cross-promotional stuff with Marvel, Disney, etc
2. The continued runaway success of Minecraft which is mostly UGC based and is currently the only game more successful than GTA V,
UGC means you don't have to pay any of your devs a DIME, this means you can either fire them and just keep a skeleton team on to maintain the engine or keep the team very small and have them put out tiny content drops from time to time.

Metaverse bullsh*t means you can get a constant influx of literal marketing deals with other companies that help promote your game and their product at the same time.
I was interested in Everywhere prior to seeing the trailer, I got 17 seconds into the trailer before that interest was completely gone.

Very annoying to see everyone obsess over the metaverse when none of these projects seemingly bring anything new to the table that Second Life didn't have a decade ago.

Second Life was (is) for losers, and I say that as someone who still has an account.

• 5 months later...
el carlitos
On 11/3/2023 at 12:58 AM, AllData said:

I was interested in Everywhere prior to seeing the trailer, I got 17 seconds into the trailer before that interest was completely gone.

Not just you...who cares about this game after seeing the trailer anymore? Nobody does.