Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,018 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Everywhere - The new game by Leslie Bënzies

Jason

Sounds an awful lot like second life.

Yea, sounds like a social game with creative tools (Second Life, VRChat) but with an increased emphasis on the actual gameplay mechanics, which those games don't do.

RedDagger

What bothers me is how stuff like second life is implied, but everything they say is so vague and wishy-washy that there's little implication of what the game actually is. It smells like marketing speak that gets used by people trying to drum up investment (crowdsourced or otherwise) for what ends up being vaporware...

Jason

What bothers me is how stuff like second life is implied, but everything they say is so vague and wishy-washy that there's little implication of what the game actually is. It smells like marketing speak that gets used by people trying to drum up investment (crowdsourced or otherwise) for what ends up being vaporware...

That's exactly what it is, the interviews that get oft-quoted were done what? Weeks into development? Needed to get the word out for investment while his name (The Benz) still held weight, I'd wager.

HeistsActivist

MightyMaxs posts hurt to read

This game might kill GTA O because I think some of yous might agree when I say that I am tired of the same old same old bullsh*t in GTA O. Every week insert a gimmicky car and some double money payouts, cheap discounts etc. They literally keep all the idiots roped in and buying Cark Shards

mombo2811

"Everywhere"

"Blurring the lines"

"Not like GTA"

"Seamless social interactions"

"Smth new to games"

We have something in mind that is classical gaming through and through, but with some really interesting extra layers that we hope can both immerse existing gamers like never before, and bring in whole new sections of society who’ve never considered themselves gamers.

but what I find more interesting is letting players create their own stories, their own personalities. To a degree, more like a social network — where what’s being commented on or ridiculed isn’t written three years in advance, but can change hour by hour.

I hope it's not some AR game like Ingress or Pokemon GO, just enhanced. Or Second Life.

source? I wanna read more!

senior animator GTA V

6vsYUwiTTTo.jpg

http://jobs.gamesindustry.biz/everywhere

Yup, it's a done deal now. I can't wait for this game to kill GTA Online.

I hope so

Spider-Vice

"Everywhere"

"Blurring the lines"

"Not like GTA"

"Smth new to games"

We have something in mind that is classical gaming through and through, but with some really interesting extra layers that we hope can both immerse existing gamers like never before, and bring in whole new sections of society who’ve never considered themselves gamers.

but what I find more interesting is letting players create their own stories, their own personalities. To a degree, more like a social network — where what’s being commented on or ridiculed isn’t written three years in advance, but can change hour by hour.

I hope it's not some AR game like Ingress or Pokemon GO, just enhanced. Or Second Life.

source? I wanna read more!

https://www.polygon.com/2017/1/26/14398978/everywhere-interview-leslie-The Benz-matthew-smith

ROCKSTAR MANIC

IDK but this talk is sounding more like a in depth Sims game where the world is dynamic. I wonder if its a life simulator or a GTA style game?

Am Shaegar

After reading that article, I am considering two possibilities:

1. It's an RPG

2. A full fledged Multiplayer title with offline play limited to exploration only.

mombo2811

"Everywhere"

"Blurring the lines"

"Not like GTA"

"Smth new to games"

We have something in mind that is classical gaming through and through, but with some really interesting extra layers that we hope can both immerse existing gamers like never before, and bring in whole new sections of society whove never considered themselves gamers.

but what I find more interesting is letting players create their own stories, their own personalities. To a degree, more like a social network where whats being commented on or ridiculed isnt written three years in advance, but can change hour by hour.

source? I wanna read more!https://www.polygon.com/2017/1/26/14398978/everywhere-interview-leslie-The Benz-matthew-smithWow this was over a year ago! Time goes by so fast!! Im excited for his new game but I dont think it will come out for a very long time :/

BLOOD

I can see it becoming a popular VR game.

killdrivetheftvehicle

senior technical artist (animation) sought after now.

http://everywhere.game/work/

jpm1

the game is still in early design stage. pretty much impossible to say how it would look. personnally i see a GTAIV like with coop. but (i could be wrong) i definitely don't see a PvP world. there'll be PvP for sure, but not 'forced' like GTAO has

M1NT

I'm soo f*cking excited for this game.. Can't wait until more news regarding this is released.

killdrivetheftvehicle

New to job listings:

• QA analyst Edinburgh
  • Gameplay scripter Edinburgh

Jimbatron

Just came across this thread and was reading with interest.

Obviously I don't know The Benz or the Housers, and I'm just guessing here. They'll have had creative disagreements, but my experience of the top brass at a few FTSE companies and why they fall out leads me to suspect one factor alone is the root cause:

Ego.

It's the one trait people at the top almost universally share. If they don't outwardly display it, it's more likely they're simply better at hiding it.

When they fall out it is almost always this three letter word that's the driving force. I'm pretty much convinced every DR of the last three CEOs I've known has wanted to replace them in the top job. It's only fear that keeps them inline.

Absolutely no idea what the realistic share of the blame is for the fall out here - but would have been fascinating to be a fly on the wall.

The big winner if you ask me is the city of Edinburgh. Another big player in town will help cement its reputation as a global centre of excellence in the field. R* will have to watch out more of their best staff don't get poached.

PS I've clearly been under a rock but can we now refer to the Benz as L e s l i e B e n z i e s again without auto replace kicking in?

Edited by Jimbatron

BUT THE BENZ

what did you just say? The Benz is king!

EDIT: just checkin!

Edited by BUT THE BENZ

killdrivetheftvehicle

New job listed!

- animator - Edinburgh

- senior AI programmer - Edinburgh

Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle

EVOLUT7ON

A guy, who was working for R* North as "GTA Online QA Supervisor" nowadays is working with "Everywhere" as "Associate Producer".

One more guy who left R* and joined this project.

killdrivetheftvehicle
Posted (edited)

New job listed!

technical animator

Edit: New job listed!

QA lead - Budapest

Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle