Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,238 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Dealux

Grand Theft Auto: Vital Improvements Pack (VIP)

Dealux

96Khz/24bit, bruh unless you've got access to the master tapes for these songs and remastered them yourself that is seriously way overkill for this. :p

The SA files? Yeah, my bad. I only realized today that FL Studio exports at whatever resolution your interface is set to. Didn't occur to me to check why the files were so big lol.

Also, yeah, I do have the master recordings for some of the songs but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.

Edit: I might go back and fix some things for SA as well. Let's see if I can get any motivation after work tomorrow.

Edited by Dealux

Ash_735

You have the masters for some songs? Which songs? How did you get them?

Dealux

That's not something I'm willing to discuss here. I have one particularly reliable source. Off the top of my head, I found the masters for some of the songs on K-DST and some of the hip-hop songs but given that a lot of these songs are classics many of them have masters available but almost impossible to acquire\buy anywhere.

Edited by Dealux

gjk-23__

Thanks I'm going to add the VC Radio ones. Its about time someone made something like this. So all the gta 3 radios uncensored mainly the song Da Shootaz - "Grand Theft Auto" in lips 106?

Dealux

"Grand Theft Auto" should be uncensored if R* released an uncensored version of that song. Game FM is actually almost entirely the original master in lossless quality (I acquired the original mix from a promo CD) but I added the "Scary Movie" song which was cut from the original mix.

Ash_735

That promo isn't better quality, it's still bandwidth locked to 15Khz when you check it out spectrum wise, with the rest of the band being dead noise. Though it's at least not as harsh sounding due to it being LPCM and not ADPCM.

Ken Kaneki

Will u uncensor Flashback FM where Toni talks about being on a tour bus where Duran Duran was playing before the beginning of the song "Shake It Up"?

gjk-23__

"Grand Theft Auto" should be uncensored if R* released an uncensored version of that song.

Here ya go. This is from the GTA 1 radio but the song is fused with the rest of radio audio near the end of the song.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1u4qvuxt5cldv1/02_-_track_02.mp3?dl=0

Ash_735

> Thread about using lossless audio and source material

> Gets given a song in MP3

:D

Dealux

I checked the Lips mix that I made and the song is uncensored as far as I can tell. I heard the word "f*cked" in it at least.

As pointed by Ash, the whole deal of this mod is to use the highest quality sources available to remake the radio stations. I used the remasters that R* released a few years back and those are the best versions available.

Also, since I'm making this post, I'm working on fixing the SA radio stations (the loudness problem caused by the limiter on the master channel) and I will post the updated versions in the following days.

That promo isn't better quality, it's still bandwidth locked to 15Khz when you check it out spectrum wise, with the rest of the band being dead noise. Though it's at least not as harsh sounding due to it being LPCM and not ADPCM.

Yeah, it kinda is though. ADPCM is limited to 4-bit or something similar if I recall correctly. The dynamics thing is due to the eq-ing that R* chose to do for the radio stations. It's quite pronounced compared to how they mixed the radio stations in the newer games. GTA 3 stations actually sound as if heard from a radio. It's also worth noting that some of the Game FM tracks are not available anywhere so it made sense to me to just reuse that higher quality mix. It might be worth going back and replacing the songs that I do have but now I'm busy with SA. Edited by Dealux

stef_92

Yeah, it kinda is though. ADPCM is limited to 4-bit or something similar if I recall correctly. The dynamics thing is due to the eq-ing that R* chose to do for the radio stations. It's quite pronounced compared to how they mixed the radio stations in the newer games. GTA 3 stations actually sound as if heard from a radio. It's also worth noting that some of the Game FM tracks are not available anywhere so it made sense to me to just reuse that higher quality mix. It might be worth going back and replacing the songs that I do have but now I'm busy with SA.

It's not much of EQing rather than compression. Some radio stations in GTA 3 (especially Rise FM) are mastered using too much compression and on top of that the 4-bit depth completely ruins the dynamics. And I think that the wma files for the xbox version and the mp3s for the mobile version were just converted from this 4bit ADPCM files rather than the original sources (if they still exist at all). I also analyzed that soundtrack sampler CD and it lacks any frequencies above 15.something Hz which suggests that probably even its content comes from this compressed versions since the smaple rate of CD format is 44.1 KHz and can encode frequencies up to 22.05 KHz. Also it's funny how the CD contains Game FM but Game FM is actually encoded in 44.1 KHz in the game files. It's the only radio station from GTA 3 which was encoded in 44.1 KHz and this is only for the PC version.

PS:

Btw now I have some proper rips of the stuff from Rise FM (big thanks to Helegad for this) and I plan to record a dj mix with my equipment. I've also purchased all tracks featured in MSX FM may years ago so I could spin them too (I recently dropped Agent 007 in my latest mix on mixcloud). I'd really like to video record the sets and upload them on youtube but this is still an idea.

Edited by stef_92

Guynamednelson
Posted (edited)

The CD soundtrack of SA includes "Head Like a Hole" even though it's not in the game. Are you gonna add it to Radio X somehow? Also, with the VC stations, you should listen to the album-exclusive commentary. There are parts where they talk about it being an album and not a station, so you should probably try to edit anything that implies it's an album out.

Edited by Guynamednelson

BrunoPogo
Posted (edited)

Fantastic work! Not without flaws, but still well. I have question - will you add "One Ought Six" words on the Pray it Goes OK? There's a link with timecode, to make you understand:

It's really missing. This is some really big part of the game atmosphere for me, same as commercials and DJ voice. Well... I'm sure, not only for me. By the way, with some tracks on other radio stations the same story.

Sorry, my English is not so good. I don't use translator in principle :D

Also, why some tracks on Rise FM sounds much slower, than in original? Reminds some vaporwave sh*t :D
Edited by BrunoPogo