1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Don't Be That Guy...

BasixSD

So, I was playing today and had a guy that really thought he was tough stuff, I wasn't bothering him at all; he tried sniping me, so I just sniped him once, he committed suicide to deny the kill. He tried again and again, this time I got a head shot, he tried and tried again, to no avail. My whole thought during this time, was, "you could've just left me alone. Why'd you have to be that guy?"

So, my question is, anyone else have that moment, where you realized another player was "that guy?"

OfficialTwiggz

Absolutely. There's always players that try to attack me for no reason and they end up trying to flee. I snipe them until they go into passive or quit the lobby.

Don't dish out what you can't serve.

• Like 11

Professional Amateur

I had some level 50-something instigate a fight with a friend and then said level 50 called me out just because I used the heavy sniper the way it was supposed to be used- at range. Kinda sad how stupid some people can be in this game.

Reminds me of a lobby I was in today, felt like every turd that was nearby wanted to go out of their way to kill me for no reason.

One dude in particular, who kept inviting me to his MC club (which I kept ignoring) ended up annoying me a bit. I was screwing around on chilliad at the time and after parachuting off I hit up the clothing store in Paleto Bay to throw a crew emblem on my crew bomber jacket. After a few minutes while in the store I realize someone is there as well and turns out it's the MC club guy. I see he's doing clothes stuff too so I decide to ignore him and continue about my business. Soon I see him leave and sure enough he pulls out an AR and proceeds to re-enter the store and kill me.

Now it's one thing to hit me up in the open map and try to initiate PvP but when I'm in a store like that and can't even fight back it bugs me a bit. So of course I spam the respawn button and head his way. Right as I'm rounding the corner of the construction area (near the LSC) the guy is leaving the clothing store and I start shooting at him, unfortunately he's a bit out of range for such a short window of opportunity and he jumps into his car and speeds off with the intention of jumping back out and trying to snipe me (lol?). So of course I just pull out my sniper and blow his head off once he starts aiming at me. Then I wait for him to respawn and come towards me and I blow his ass up with a rocket. Then I see he's got his RPG out as I guess he now thinks he's gonna give me some of my own medicine so I insert some MG bullets into his face.

At this point it's 3 to 1 and I feel like I've proved my point and call up my car to go do something else. Wasn't looking to pvp at the time so I was satisfied with the outcome, then I see a job invite pop up and it's the same dude inviting me to one of those funky parkour DMs. No thanks dude.

Not a very interesting story I know but yeah, he was definitely being "that guy" for me :p

Edited by Foxwolfe

DieselFuelOnly

One of the first times I played online I t-boned another player's car pretty hard, it was a legitimate accident and I apologized, told him I was still getting used to the chaos and all. He laughed and told me it was "all good" and drove off. I figured that was the end of it so I continued driving around. A few minutes later a vehicle plows into my car, then again, then a third time. Then I realize it's the guy I accidentally crashed into before, his attitude has mysteriously done a complete 180 and according to him I f*cked his car up on purpose because I was jealous.

lol.

He spent the better part of an hour following me around, raging, crashing into me, running me off the road, etc.

I use this as a "that guy" example because of the light switch attitude I got all too familiar with during my time as admin on an IRC network a while back. He reminded me of those people who misunderstand something, get upset, calm down after the situation is fully explained to them, then 10 minutes later they're raging up a storm acting like their initial perception of the situation is what ACTUALLY happened.

Edited by DieselFuelOnly
  • Like 3

Pretty much every lobby I've been in has at least one.

They're my favourite people to just shut down, because they go to such extremes to try and kill me. It's really entertaining to watch.

• Like 2

Greatest is when you're just having a good time with friends and some random decides to get all...

fanbomb.gif

Sorry, I couldn't think of the word for that guy.

• Like 3

Strafe snipers are the worst. I don't even fight them anymore. Just pack up and move on.

Oh man.. so this one time I landed myself in a peaceful lobby with two other folks, one of which kept inviting me to his MC but I was more interested in doing CEO Work so I went about doing my own thing.

Nabbed some crates and then started up Headhunter, one target to go and I see the same guy who wanted me to join his MC right below me.. yeah you can guess what happened next.

Anyway, I just ignored it as I wasn't in the mood to fight back and just went about nabbing some vehicle cargo and then proceeding to sell it.

Now during this period of time I was playing, I would usually alternate between CEO Work, Vehicle Cargo and then some Biker Business selling to keep things interesting and make some nice money along with it.

So naturally, up next was selling my coke business at 84k of product solo so I make my over to the Alamo Sea and right as I'm approaching my Coke business, who do I see again? Yeah, THAT guy.

This time though, he's found someone else to join his MC and they're delivering some product from Blaine County to Los Santos ( it was a steal mission). I let them do their thing and proceed to deliver the product while I go to my Coke business.

What happens next? THIS f*ckING GUY BLOWS ME OUT OF THE SKY AGAIN! FOR THE SECOND TIME EVEN THOUGH I DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HIM, EVEN AFTER HE BLEW ME UP PREVIOUSLY.

By this time I had absolutely lost my wits. I respawned on the ground, quickly ordered my Elegy Retro and proceeded to chase his van on the ground. He sees me approaching and gets out of his car, starts firing. I do the same and end up killing him twice.

f*ck that though, that wasn't nearly enough. I made it a mission to destroy half of the MC's product no matter how much gunpower it took. End up firing around 5 homing launcher shots and emptying a sh*t ton of minigun bullets to finish it off.

Soon as the van was destroyed, I left the session :) Revenge never felt sweeter than at that very moment.

Edited by Rafaesheikh

There will always be players that have fun just killing random people.. but the worst are the ones that hack while doing so.. and on top of that the bitchers that cry when you kill them back or that just kill you to say noob or some other sh*ts.. of course that is what they are.. little sh*ts with nothing better to do than annoy you, grief you, etc.

sorry op but...im "that guy!"

really theres nothing more fun in this game that killing randoms!

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

He might have been looking for a challenge

• Like 1

If you're smart you won't engage jet players or strafe snipers. Find someone who fights with honor.

• Like 3

If you're smart you won't engage jet players or strafe snipers. Find someone who fights with honor.

Nah, I engage all. Tend to win too. Think you just need practice.

The stench of irony, it's very cheese like.

Nah, I engage all. Tend to win too. Think you just need practice.

In all honesty, you couldn't hit a barn door with an elephant!!

joke comment....

• Like 6

Wtfdontlickme

I love being That Guy...

It's fun getting people upset over the mic and slaughtering others in my Jet.

Edited by JohnnyXThunders

One time I had won (flawlessly) a Hot Property Freemode event by (admittedly) pure luck, and a player got all bitter about it and started killing me a lot. The person even tried to send a mugger after me, thinking I would actually keep cash on me (I do not), then put a Bounty on me, which I promptly purposely allowed myself to be killed. Lesson: Don't be a sore loser.

I run into people that are "that guy" in all sorts of ways.

I'm not a combat craving player, people kill me, I will try to separate myself from the fight. Some people cannot accept that and chase and kill me repeatedly. That is fine, but when I have had enough, I will spawn kill you. I do have the skills, as unpolished as they are, to make you quit. And if I don't, the army of friends that are already likely on the way do have the skills. This version of "that guy" gets his egotistical self into deeper sh*t than he wanted.

Oh then there is "that guy" who things blowing peoples car sales up is cool, even though they would likely bitch if it happened to them. No problem. I will make sure I get my moneys worth of kills out of them.

Then there is "that guy" who cannot figure out how to race without f*cking everyone up on the first corner. Or first straight. Or right after it says GO.

Then there is "that guy" who is your friend but for some reason thinks he is the cool kid and everybody has to do what they want to do. Yeah guy. You do you and Imma do me.

Then there is "that guy" who cannot follow on screen directions for sh*t like missions, heists, etc.

But hey, there are a lot of uneducated people playing the game, and in life. You are bound to run into a bunch of them.

This is a great thread! You created a really good punchline almost like a meme but with no picture.

When I run into "That Guy" who takes interest in my special cargo and I see him chasing after me I lay down a couple Proximity mines for him.

Once I spot "That Guy" trying to screw me over I can be pretty relentless.

It's ironic because the only way to stay a step ahead of "that guy" to protect your cargo is to become that guy -in a way.

• Like 1

Don't be that guy in a semi empty lobby that trolls you while selling cargo. I had a completely empty lobby, during a sell mission guy follows me around, texts "friendly" to me. Then 5 min later texts "1v1?" and immediately starts shooting me up before I can even respond. I usually keep my cool but that really pissed me off so I sent him a message Xbox didn't approve of and got a 24 hr comm ban...smh

• Like 1

Don't be that guy in a semi empty lobby that trolls you while selling cargo. I had a completely empty lobby, during a sell mission guy follows me around, texts "friendly" to me. Then 5 min later texts "1v1?" and immediately starts shooting me up before I can even respond. I usually keep my cool but that really pissed me off so I sent him a message Xbox didn't approve of and got a 24 hr comm ban...smh

Sorry about that man. Players are really hard to predict. Watching your back is a full time job and it's no fun.

• Like 1

ottovanbeefsteak

I was in an mostly empty lobby and I saw a guy selling cargo. He told me he was friendly, so I asked if he wanted to engage in a friendly gentlemans 1v1. When he lost he became THAT guy, and send me a decidedly unfriendly message. Last I heard XBox took care of him. Punk

i was once a " Competitive " type because i blindly believe " skill " is Anything to me

until one day.....some members here snap me out of it , realize it means nothing to them . as result i became a ruthless-pragmatic Player who hunts competitives in order to shatter their pride

and so , i don't want to become competitive once again because of many disgust ( one of them is their common insult : " Trash " , " Pussy " , " No Skillz " and " N0 8alls " )

• Like 1

Every single day.

Last night I was importing an FMJ & the npc Buzzards smoked my 'Bob near the redwood track. So here I'm, dealing with the Buzzards & this lvl50ish smelled action (insert bullet tooth Tony Desert .50 speech from snatch here)... He comes to try to jack the car. And a surprise of a life time... He found me in a Rhino Tank (the flashing car icon covered the tank icon on the map), I didn't shoot him at first thinking a show of force will knock some sense into him... Nope, he crossed the line & I spawn killed him until he left the area.

I crossed path with him again in the City, this time while I was doing Headhunter & again he decided to push his luck ... This time against a Buzzard. He quit the session

• Like 2

Came across one yesterday. Currently levelling my 2nd character up quickly doing cratework, buy one then sell one repeatedly. She was only level 22 (so no decent weapons) & doing a collection when a level 220 flew across in their buzzard and strafed me just after I had collected the crate from the rest stop over on the east of the map out of town.

Then instead of destroying the crate they proceeded to spawn kill me from range before I could find cover. As they did not destroy the crate the collection mission was still active and I could not retire from CEO to go passive and get away. Finally I spawned behind a ridge & was able to call up a vehicle and drive off & only then did the other guy blow the crate up then left the session.

Quite telling that my female low level character seems to get targetted a lot generally from try hards looking for an easy kill, hardly anyone tends to go out of their way to take on my main level 249 male character - resulting in lots of "Grrr wish I was playing my main guy, you'd be history" thoughts. :)

Sorry about that man. Players are really hard to predict. Watching your back is a full time job and it's no fun.

Yeah I'm pretty careful but it was a biker sell mission, almost if not a full load and I was pressed for time driving a slow ass Van lol. I saw the empty lobby and went for it and once he started screwing with me I was like noooooo lol

Yeah and once they start they never stop because it would hurt their pride.