1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

The 7th Multidesigner Project Discussion Thread

ONP

Plot  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you think is the best story?

• Adooz's
    • Fashion's
    • QED's
    • ONP (the second idea with the chief and the detectives)
    • Odyssey's (the private investigator idea)
    • Aflien's
    • Galactic's

So here we are.

This topic is only for discussion purpose. Here we will give and take. Gather ideas, take through this project, through the plot etc.. And when everything is ready we will create a main thread for this project where all info will be posted along with the missions.

Edited by ONP

So, as I previously said:
I'd like the main story to revolve around Jake and his team, pulling off heists in San Andreas. However, Jake is not who he seems. He's now working with the FIB, playing on both sides. How long can he keep his secret, and how far will he go to make sure nobody finds out?
So, the protagonist is someone you're not supposed to like.Even though you play as him, you don't want him to go far. However, you need to proceed and do whatever it takes to finish the missions.
That's kind of the catch of this MP.
Discuss it if you will. Open to suggestions

Edited by /\rdooZ
  • Like 1

So, as I previously said:

I'd like the main story to revolve around Jake and his team, pulling off heists in San Andreas. However, Jake is not who he seems. He's now working with the FIB, playing on both sides. How long can he keep his secret, and how far will he go to make sure nobody finds out?

So, the protagonist is someone you're not supposed to like.Even though you play as him, you don't want him to go far. However, you need to proceed and do whatever it takes to finish the missions.

That's kind of the catch if this MP.

Discuss it if you will. Open to suggestions

Yeah that's something innovative. I love it. We wait for the other to give their opinion.

So my idea is the following;

You will follow the tale of a a group formed some criminals and corrupt cops. You pull off jobs and do work for someone, who may be leader of Mafia or something. You are forced to do so along with your crew. Until at the end to revolute against him and try to take him out by any means and clean up after yourself.

chronic lumbago

I like both suggested ideas, through I prefer rdooZ idea. It's quite inuque and offers enough playroom for the designers. All kinds of stuff could happen. The second idea would work too but.. I don't know. I liked the first one more, that's all :)

Here's something I came up with quickly: a man/woman comes to visit an old childhood friend in LS/SF/LV. The protagonist has a gambling addiction and a lot of debts, a troubled life. He/she visits his friend and sees that the friend is very rich, drives sports car. He/she finds out the friend is living a life as a criminal and soon, gets dragged in. How far this goes is up to the player.

The criminal friend could be in some serious trouble with the FBI/a mob and the player gets dragged in.

From a coast to another, Ricardo Lamizo, a 35 year old pimp had to leave Vice City in the early 85s due to some major problems with the polices. He's getting blackmailed by the corrupt Las Venturas Police and if he doesn't do what they say, he will have to suffer the conseques. However, Ricardo was sick of all of this. He began getting reputation on the streets, enough respect to hold up a mafia, the Lamizo Family. After spreading propaganda and fighting his rivals, it was the time to fight the Las Venturas police. However, they failed miserably. Ricardo was senteced to death row, but somehow he mananged to escape. Now he begins a new life in Las Venturas to get his mafia back up and kill Lopez Martio, the leader of the Las Venturas Police. He meets an old friend, Karsenberg Rodrigo, not a common friend, actually his best friend. Ricardo tells him the adventures he had and Karsenberg decides to help him with the police. Karsenberg introduced his friends to Ricardo, to help him get money by working for them, but Ricardo finds out he was bertraied by Karsenberg's friends, so he decides to kill them. Karsenberg suspicious of Ricardo's behaviour, he thinks he killed his friends for money and that he's next. Karsenberg's begins to beef with the LV police, and starts a plan to kill Ricardo once for all. Ricardo finds out all of this from a random high rank police he captured, and he decides to change his profile and he moved to Los Santos. Here we are, in the 90s where Ricardo is a random criminal on his way to the top. His main objectives: Kill Karsenberg and Lopez Martio. He meets some new friends, two business man, Killson Abrams and Dick Monte. They became Ricardo's best buddies and introduced him to a mafia leader named Don Massacro, leader of the Massacro Familly. Don reconizes Ricardo and says to make him stop having a fake profile and keep his real one on the way. Don was a good friend of Ricardo in the 85s, so he helps Ricardo make money and remake his gang, the Lamizo Familly. Dick Monte is a secret AOILO member (Annihilation of Ilegal Lords Organization (made by the LVPD)) and plans to murder Don Massacro and Ricardo. The first missions of the project are made by 8 designers (8 mission slots). One works for the intro, the others for some random jobs from Don Massacro. (more ideas coming)! The second chapter, we will decide who will come with the best idea mission for killing Dick Monte. We will decide the characters skins.

Hope you like the idea :D

Edited by QED

Might as well participate, not really doing much else.

As for the story, I think we should go for a unique theme that nobody has done before, instead of the usual criminal success story. Remember Dream Hunters? That started off with tons of potential, but I think it failed because people found it too difficult to design dreams in such a short period of time.

Some suggestions:

Sci-fi theme where in the future, AI are disguised as humans and its difficult to distinguish AI from a human life (similar to Blade Runner, but in the not too distant future) This would also be quite easy as the AI doesn't have to have a "robot" skin, it can just be one of the normal human ones.

A biker story. Hasn't been done in a multi-designer project before, has potential. Would be interesting to see how the events of a dangerous Motorcycle Club in San Andreas would unfold.

Detective story. I know we did a cop story last MD project, but that delved more into the "criminals" side then police duties. A detective story can be gritty and interesting, maybe a detective tries tracking down a serial killer and finds disturbing secrets along the way.

I'll surely participate, though I have no definite story in my mind right now. But I'd suggest you to make in favour of society, unlike on the life of criminals. Maybe a man who used to work for a gang, but he lost his someone (a friend or something else...) and then he left the gang and then about the problems he faces with the gang. Its just an opinion... I'm a newbie afterall.

Well, i'm not that Sci-Fi guy or secret-profile police realted things... i usually design missions such as crime life, gang wars and revenge stories (but very long tho) with alot of changes in the story, such as new characters and places, ideas and bertrayals... well that story that i wrote earlier was some project i wanted to do now 3 months but hell... after that day i quited. After 2 months i came back and the idea was gone, so i used it there.

chronic lumbago

I doubt everyone would enjoy a SciFi project.. Not sure if I would myself.

I'd mix the Fed idea with the bikers idea. A DEA agent undercover in a drug producing and selling bikers club? That's something I'd love to do.

• Like 1

So, i'm working on the intro about my story. Not gonna say that this will be used, it's all about your opinions. I will make it just to be ready.

Rocket man FI

Well,I will also think of a story.I am good at deciding Characters and Skins but I will surely participate it.I might need some help because I am doing it for first time,Guys.

How 'bout ambitious DEA/Fed (Whatever suits the best) novice wanting to earn promotion and recognition by going rogue solo undercover action that is not financially supported by the authorities. Following the rumors circulation around town protagonist decides to try his luck in joining the local biker gangs and work from there onwards. (looking for strong enough evidence to stop the crime ring forever). Since he is all alone in this he has to be very persuasive and loyal to his new friends to complete his mission. He does things he would otherwise never do, befriends people he is hellbent to send to prison, and eventually discovers that the whole drug ring is far larger and more serious than he first believed with lot of powerful people involved, not just gangs but some of government branches/organisations and spanning even outside the country. Protagonist finds himself too deep in to quit and way over his head by the scale of the operation.

From here on there is many ways the story can go.

While at his undercover mission things don't go as planned. He makes good friends with some of his would be enemies, starts questioning his choices and beliefs. He either falls victim to the chaos he lives through and adopts it, or he stays loyal but becomes permanently scarred by the actions he committed in order not to blow his cover.

Heh. I love making sh*t up. Maybe I'll help y'all a bit.

• Like 2

So how you'll distribute missions script OP ?

Edited by Huzaifa khan

At first, thank you all for the suggestions, they are truly appreciated. And sure, everyone can participate in this.

@QED : Your idea seems promising, but we do like something more innovative rather than revenge, it has a very predictable end and story.

@Odyssey : Thank you for the ideas. But no one would like to design something futuristic, and no one would enjoy designing it. And about the detective thing, I suggested that idea at first to the guys where each designer has his own character and and all of them have different desk and their stories cross somehow. And the chief is involved in some drug sh*t and has criminal engagements. These detectives will encounter some cases on their way that can lead to the chief and he may get busted, he will try and do everything to clean up after himself.

@Aflien : that seems interesting, I love it. I'm gonna wait for the others and see what they say.

Now, I have an idea. I'm gonna mix many of your ideas guys.

So I say, there is this police department. Designers are gonna choose their characters. It's a detective, mystery, crime, drama all combined.

Like I said above, The chief, assuming his name is Jake, is diagnosed with cancer, so he gets dismissed from his work and he is broke just because he spent all of his money on the cancer treatment (let's say he has balls cancer, so they needed to tear his nuts up). He was so broke, he decided to do drug business because it is easy money. He gets to do it for some biker gang of mafia or some sort of sh*t (I have by the way so many tweaks for his story, I would to reveal them only later, and it's crazy). The other designers will be assigned each to a detective from same or different desks. Their stories will all cross with this ex-chief's one. They will all interfere somehow. (Let's say Jake did kill a drug lord, the homicide desk detective will try and investigate this case and look for every evidence that may lead to something) and Jake will need to clear after himself even if it requires to kill someone or pull off dangerous jobs. This story is very tweak-able and can have so many missions. I have a very interesting ending in mind and so many tweaks. It is a mix between everything so it would please everyone. I'd like to hear your opinions about it.

BTW, it was inspired from Breaking Bad series, if anybody here watched it.

Edited by ONP
  • Like 1

Rocket man FI

At first, thank you all for the suggestions, they are truly appreciated. And sure, everyone can participate in this.

@QED : Your idea seems promising, but we do like something more innovative rather than revenge, it has a very predictable end and story.

@Odyssey : Thank you for the ideas. But no one would like to design something futuristic, and no one would enjoy designing it. And about the detective thing, I suggested that idea at first to the guys where each designer has his own character and and all of them have different desk and their stories cross somehow. And the chief is involved in some drug sh*t and has criminal engagements. These detectives will encounter some cases on their way that can lead to the chief and he may get busted, he will try and do everything to clean up after himself.

@Aflien : that seems interesting, I love it. I'm gonna wait for the others and see what they say.

Now, I have an idea. I'm gonna mix many of your ideas guys.

So I say, there is this police department. Designers are gonna choose their characters. It's a detective, mystery, crime, drama all combined.

Like I said above, The chief, assuming his name is Jake, is diagnosed with cancer, so he gets dismissed from his work and he is broke just because he spent all of his money on the cancer treatment (let's say he has balls cancer, so they needed to tear his nuts up). He was so broke, he decided to do drug business because it is easy money. He gets to do it for some biker gang of mafia or some sort of sh*t (I have by the way so many tweaks for his story, I would to reveal them only later, and it's crazy). The other designers will be assigned each to a detective from same or different desks. Their stories will all cross with this ex-chief's one. They will all interfere somehow. (Let's say Jake did kill a drug lord, the homicide desk detective will try and investigate this case and look for every evidence that may lead to something) and Jake will need to clear after himself even if it requires to kill someone or pull off dangerous jobs. This story is very tweak-able and can have so many missions. I have a very interesting ending in mind and so many tweaks. It is a mix between everything so it would please everyone. I'd like to hear your opinions about it.

BTW, it was inspired from Breaking Bad series, if anybody here watched it.

I didn't watch it or heard but your story seems interesting to me.I think I can help.Lets see.

General Scrotum

You know what count me in.

You know what count me in.

Alrighty,

So guys what do you think, should I elaborate on that idea?

It's done.

You guys are free to vote in the poll above, note that nobody is allowed to vote for his own story.

Voting ends 3 days from now.

Surely hope it's not too late to give out more ideas, just because the poll has been made, right

Here is my entry

A group of assassins must venture out on a suicide mission to kill numerous amounts of targets around San Andreas who are working for a truly evil Man and to also put a stop to him as well, This story is full of courage, humanity, great shooting scenes and quite possibly one of the worst villains San Andreas has known, This are called The Assassin you follow the story of several assassins who are part of a secret organization, The assassin are normal civilians of San Andreas but when danger, horror and terror shows it's self, they unite to bring evil down, not the evil from gangs or corruption but the kind of evil that creates death in the blink of an eye.

Edited by GalacticXp1

To be honest, I preferred my biker and detective idea over the sci-fi one, so I'm just going to elaborate on those ideas and combine both of them and then you can count that as my idea in the poll.

So I was thinking that you play as a detective or private investigator named Lee Bradbury, dealing with the mysterious deaths of women across San Fierro all dying in the same manner - drowning. (would be cool to make the MP gritty and dark by having it set in foggy or rainy weather) But when an incriminating piece of evidence links the murders to a infamous biker gang in Bone County, Bradbury enlists the help of their once rival gang, now truced, to help him pinpoint the serial killer in their gang, but also causes tension between the recently truced gangs with accusations of them leaving evidence their intentionally to set them up. Meanwhile the murders continue to occur, leaving the city in fear and the homicide department outraged at Bradbury. Though as he digs deeper down the rabbit hole he soons realises that there's so much more to these murders than what meets the eye.

chronic lumbago

Guys I think I voted for the wrong person. I vote for The Odyssey's biker undercover idea!

Or was it Aflien's idea?

I really like the dark tone you described. I'd accept the drowning idea too, though I'd like to suggest the women rather dying on drugs instead. Some badly laced drugs that make people die. Let's say the bikers are producing ectasy pills with wrong ingredients.

Just an idea.

Also, the bikers could be brutal but friendly to the detective because he's up to do some crazy sh*t for them.

Another thing: let us not make the bikers an army like the GSF or Ballas. Gangs usually consist of a smaller group of people. Bike clubs have small chapters all across the country so I suggest we focus on one chapter of the club.

Edited by fashion

@GalacticXp : Nope it' not too late. I added yours to the poll.

@ Odyssey : No problem, I updated the poll with your new idea.

I voted for Aflien btw, excellent story.

I'm honored. Truly.

I only wrote down the initial setting without any story progression and its well received. Thank you once again.

There is plenty of ways for the story to go, and here is my ONE way:

At first you go in trying to bust a huge drug ring. You join the biker gang branch. Their leader is pushing the gang deeper into the underworld trying to gain money and power. Gang is small and pretty tight. In order to survive you have to make friends and do bad things in order to stay undercover. Your contacts in DEA help you out with info involving the situation. Protagonist drifts apart from the DEA and grows closer to the small biker gang after finding out about full scale corruption in the government organisations.

Leader of the gang is trying hard to get a bite of the cake. He believes dealing for the bigger guys will generate nice profit for the gang.

However he doesn't know that the real leaders of the drug operation consider him and his biker gang disposable. In order to stay in power the 'big guys' often turn their back on lower gangs, get them arrested and blame them for the drug operation. City will be fooled that the problem is solved and the 'bad guys' will be free to find new pawns to continue their big scheme. And on and on the cycle goes.

(The 'big guys' however pull this stunt every time the operation is exposed and or lesser gangs are not profitable enough)

The biker leader doesn't know this. You do. However you cannot tell him directly that considering your true backround or you will be cast our in best case, or most likely murdered. By this point the protagonist finds his happiness with his new biker brothers. Most of them only want to live and ride bikes, but they were forced into the crime to survive. Considering how small the gang is and their leader was chosen by them they are all loyal to him and trust in his decisions. There is only way to save your new-found family. You have to convince your leader that his way is going to result in destruction of the club. However he is very stubborn man, and believes his way is the best for the gang.

At first you follow him around (You can add sh*tton of sub-plots during this point). After trying hard to convince him and failing every time protagonist is prompted to take drastic action. You gather loyalists and take control over the gang forcefully and become the new leader.

You order all drug dealing to stop and cut all ties with the 'big bad's' give them a middle finger and ride off into sunset with your new family.

This here is a story about one character, not about the events that happen during the story. Its a story about a man finding a purpose in life. At first he searching for happiness working for the greater good. But he finds happiness in a way he never imagined. He feels truly happy around these people even with all the bad things going on and makes a decision. He follows his heart and does everything in his power to save his new family.

You see, my villain her is not some DEA/Fed dude, or some big mafioso boss. Protagonist is not interested in them. His true enemy is the guy that is no.1 obstacle in achieving his objective. (Here being saving his new friends and new family). And the antagonist is not really evil, nor did anything bad to the protagonist. Antagonist does what he believes is right thing to do.

"A villain is a hero of the other side" -GRRM.

(This is awful lot like TLAD, I know)

Like I said, this is one way the story can go.

I don't want you to do it like I wrote down word for word, but instead to take inspiration and mold the story as it fits you. I'm just one guy. Combining good stuff from every suggestion is going to be better than just doing it like I wrote down.

• Like 4

I'm honored. Truly.

I only wrote down the initial setting without any story progression and its well received. Thank you once again.

There is plenty of ways for the story to go, and here is my ONE way:

At first you go in trying to bust a huge drug ring. You join the biker gang branch. Their leader is pushing the gang deeper into the underworld trying to gain money and power. Gang is small and pretty tight. In order to survive you have to make friends and do bad things in order to stay undercover. Your contacts in DEA help you out with info involving the situation. Protagonist drifts apart from the DEA and grows closer to the small biker gang after finding out about full scale corruption in the government organisations.

Leader of the gang is trying hard to get a bite of the cake. He believes dealing for the bigger guys will generate nice profit for the gang.

However he doesn't know that the real leaders of the drug operation consider him and his biker gang disposable. In order to stay in power the 'big guys' often turn their back on lower gangs, get them arrested and blame them for the drug operation. City will be fooled that the problem is solved and the 'bad guys' will be free to find new pawns to continue their big scheme. And on and on the cycle goes.

(The 'big guys' however pull this stunt every time the operation is exposed and or lesser gangs are not profitable enough)

The biker leader doesn't know this. You do. However you cannot tell him directly that considering your true backround or you will be cast our in best case, or most likely murdered. By this point the protagonist finds his happiness with his new biker brothers. Most of them only want to live and ride bikes, but they were forced into the crime to survive. Considering how small the gang is and their leader was chosen by them they are all loyal to him and trust in his decisions. There is only way to save your new-found family. You have to convince your leader that his way is going to result in destruction of the club. However he is very stubborn man, and believes his way is the best for the gang.

At first you follow him around (You can add sh*tton of sub-plots during this point). After trying hard to convince him and failing every time protagonist is prompted to take drastic action. You gather loyalists and take control over the gang forcefully and become the new leader.

You order all drug dealing to stop and cut all ties with the 'big bad's' give them a middle finger and ride off into sunset with your new family.

This here is a story about one character, not about the events that happen during the story. Its a story about a man finding a purpose in life. At first he searching for happiness working for the greater good. But he finds happiness in a way he never imagined. He feels truly happy around these people even with all the bad things going on and makes a decision. He follows his heart and does everything in his power to save his new family.

You see, my villain her is not some DEA/Fed dude, or some big mafioso boss. Protagonist is not interested in them. His true enemy is the guy that is no.1 obstacle in achieving his objective. (Here being saving his new friends and new family). And the antagonist is not really evil, nor did anything bad to the protagonist. Antagonist does what he believes is right thing to do.

"A villain is a hero of the other side" -GRRM.

(This is awful lot like TLAD, I know)

Like I said, this is one way the story can go.

I don't want you to do it like I wrote down word for word, but instead to take inspiration and mold the story as it fits you. I'm just one guy. Combining good stuff from every suggestion is going to be better than just doing it like I wrote down.

That's goddamn perfect dude! :^:

Excellent job Aflien, we will be looking into it more in details if it wins the poll. I have some ideas for it.