2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Ice_cold2016

Do you think the A.I is designed to go against you?

StreetKing748

I have noticed that the A.I. is more aggressive when I was driving my Dominator a few days ago, I was cruising down the interstate and I mean cruising not trying to hit top speed and next thing I know I get slammed by f*cking prius lost control and got t-boned by a 18-wheeler, and it cost me 3200 to fix the damage and I had 100% armor on all my cars so they had to be going really fast to cause that much damage, so I think some of the recent updates have altered the A.I. driving cause the truck had to be going maybe like 80 or 90 MPH to cause that much damage

Edited by StreetKing748

TCA

Yes bc they have absolutely sh*t programming.

StreetKing748

yeah and just yesterday me and 3 of my friends where street racing we turn a corner and bam! theres like 30 ai cars sitting there and next they start spinning there tires and I know AI's don't have the coding to do this then they accelerate and come right at us and I said this exact words sorry for cussing "What the f*ck?!?! Guys lets j-turn this things and get the f*ck outta here!" so we did j-turn the cars and we hit the freeway and they where still chasing so when we got up to paletto bay we turned right and we hid behind Beeker's Garage and the AI drove right past

PwnageSoldier

It's getting more reasonable that the reason drivers drive like this is that you are state wanted, and the NPCs are self aware and know that you keep respawning so they keep killing you so you stay dead and stop causing massive civilian casualties, but some players that don't do anything are targeted because it's the player base's fault. Or, the whole city is literally controlled by the military and all civilian drivers and peds are military troops disguised under the civvy moniker. They caught wind of the "wildfire like spread of super criminals" (us) and are trying to kill us all. Literally Player versus AI. I'd play.

StreetKing748

If you ask me if they want war then war they will get I say we all team up and kick some AI ASS!! who's with me? I mean come one we have dealt with them messing up our cars, killing us, and calling the police and Military for to long! I say its time we fight back and teach them a lesson who's with me!

Edited by StreetKing748

No Use For A Name

to people who have problems with the stunt mission

One of the CEO stunt cars you have to steal is placed right in front of the VINE WOOD sign. You have no choice but to hit the turbo boost and crash into the sign and go tumbling down the hill. All this with people shooting at you etc. You end up with at least 6k damage just getting the car.

Then you're doing every part of that mission wrong. If you sneak up you shouldn't have anyone shooting you, flying through the sign causes no damage, nor does landing as long as you don't roll the car. Think of it like a stunt jump.

On topic: NPC traffic is programmed to drive erratically during IE missions with enemies. They drive normally when you aren't being chased. This goes for both importing and exporting. Simple as that

whywontyoulisten

If you ask me if they want war then war they will get I say we all team up and kick some AI ASS!! who's with me? I mean come one we have dealt with them messing up our cars, killing us, and calling the police and Military for to long! I say its time we fight back and teach them a lesson who's with me!

I dunno, not many first graders are allowed to play GTA.

_47_

His parents must be very liberal with the kind of games he can play apparently. Lmao.

PwnageSoldier

His parents must be very liberal with the kind of games he can play apparently. Lmao.

Guys, he's just trying to have fun. Go easy on him xD

cipher656

I'm still not sure if the traffic drives more erratically with main beam on or not. I seem to get hit more with mains on but i'm far too lazy to test my theory or even do any research whether anyone else has noticed this.

DentureDynamite

It's not that every vehicle goes out of their way to hit you--that's obviously not the case.

But the fact that some clearly DO and are intentionally programmed to is disturbing enough.

Thankfully, there are a couple of simple tactics that seem to work fairly well against these R* bots; and that is, by gently swaying your car's front end just a bit as you drive--enough that your direction continually changes. I've found that this can throw a nice monkey wrench/spanner into the dev-douche plans to anticipate your direction and activate any NPC terminators.

There's another one, but I won't mention it here since I don't trust R* to refrain from making any potential counter-plans.

There are some beautiful flaws in R*'s weak/lazy A.I. system that I have (and will) continue to take full advantage of, including a fairly easy way to get rid of even a five-star wanted level. All completely legit, and praying I never see them posted on YouTube...

Edited by DentureDynamite

DMThePro123

I have something to show you Ice_cold2016:

DON'T LET RIPOFF YOU. MRBOSSFTW IS A RIPOFF MONEY HUNGRY CLICKBAIT YOUTUBER.

Edited by DMThePro123

DominusTaranis

You mean like this?

WHAT IS THAT?!

WHAT IS THAAAAT?!

WHAT IS THIS CLOWN CAR SHENANIGANS BULLsh*t?!

I'm mad.

zoso80

Nice to know. Tried it a few times, not as smooth as you did it. They folks near the car seemed to see me most of the time.

We do an alternate method which is friend flies up in Cargobob (non-associate) hooks onto car, brings it to me.

Easy peasy.

to people who have problems with the stunt mission

Edited by zoso80

VictorVance1239

They have to walk and drive about endlessly with no purpose while the players out there making big money. Of course they're jealous.

Semaj 2JZ♢

You mean like this?

WHAT IS THAT?!

WHAT IS THAAAAT?!

WHAT IS THIS CLOWN CAR SHENANIGANS BULLsh*t?!

I'm mad.

Yeah, the OP and his friend were too close to each other, suffering from lag, and got caught in the same spawn point for each of their respective enemy Sultans. They literally had to fight off 8 consecutive waves of the enemies, 4 waves each, and the game kept spawning the bangers inside the existing cars on screen, instead of trying to flood the screen with the 16 Sultans that would have appeared. Basically, a 32 enemy, continuous spawn trap. Edited by Semaj 2JZ♢

-KM-

That is f*cking disgusting, unbelievable.

OP: I don't think they're designed to go after you, its just the AI is programmed so poorly. There was a video years ago explaining why the AI's decision making was so bad, I would post it but I doubt I could find it nowadays.

FR_Player-One

*MrCrapFTW UltraCrap Video*

This motherfker's just reading the forum and instead of contributing to it, he takes whatever subject we're talking about and rambles 10+ min over it, making sure he can put these 5 ads on his sh*it videos.

Basically using the forums for monetary profit.

I wish we could permanently IP ban this w*anker.

Mazawattee

*MrPoopFTFart DumbArsonclown Video*

This motherfker's just reading the forum and instead of contributing to it, he takes whatever subject we're talking about and rambles 10+ min over it, making sure he can put these 5 ads on his sh*it videos.

Basically using the forums for monetary profit.

I wish we could permanently IP ban this w*anker.

Good thing I have adblock.

Edited by Daedalheidis

Red Lynx 23

You mean like this ?

giphy1_zpso6q6g7tu.gif

Was that Sentinel Guy? An NPC that drives a black car at a high rate of speed, and always blares music from the car. He will go out of his way to hit your online character.

Mazawattee

You mean like this ?

giphy1_zpso6q6g7tu.gif

Was that Sentinel Guy? An NPC that drives a black car at a high rate of speed, and always blares music from the car. He will go out of his way to hit your online character.

Does he still spawn on next gen?

DMThePro123

You mean like this ?

giphy1_zpso6q6g7tu.gif

The car is a Schwartzer.

Black Terminator

I clearly thought that this NPC was going to turn the corner there and he tricks me. :(

HamwithCheese

I clearly thought that this NPC was going to turn the corner there and he tricks me. :(

f*cking C R E A M E D.

ibsmokin

You mean like this ?

giphy1_zpso6q6g7tu.gif

Love how you get shot while flying through the air.

Arrows to Athens

Yeah. AI drivers definitely get more erratic when I'm either stealing or selling an export car.

Yeah, I think it's programmed to be like that so it's more challenging. Happens a lot in missions as well. I've also noticed that the traffic is much, much worse on CG than it is on LG. Ridiculous.

You mean like this ?

giphy1_zpso6q6g7tu.gif

The car is a Schwartzer.

The Sentinel guy has been seen to drive other cars other than just the Sentinel, including an Entity and Monroe. However, I haven't seen him or heard about him since early 2014.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

StreetKing748

Yo this A.I. is getting outta control I mean just yesterday I was cruising in my Elegy then BAM!!!!!! I get slammed into a retaining wall by a 18-wheeler I mean this has gotta stop

Ice_cold2016

What in the f*ck is this A.I driver doing?

This one shows it off perfectly. The A.I is just dying to get me one way or another. And how did the enemy catch me up so fast? And how can they shoot round corners? Matrix A.I?

So the enemy A.I can clearly shoot round corners? I'm going flat out in hypercar, don't crash, yet the enemy A.I can head towards you, turn round and catch up with you and shoot round corners? Right you are!

One shot one kill.

Edited by Ice_cold2016

.Vooodu.

What in the f*ck is this A.I driver doing?

Clips like this show just how horrible the NPC are in GTA O.. And R* half ass game play for GTA O.

Not just the AI car that cut you off. But the NPC that spawned in the middle of the road attacking you.. HOW the f*ck does that makes sense to R*? Its sh*t like this that made me bored of their updates in day or two.

I mean.. if they set up actual road block and shot your car.. Thats cool. But just having Hostile NPCS spawn right in the middle of the highway going the wrong way is so lazy.. It hurts my brain.

R* be like. "Make it spawn non stop.. shoot car, drive up repair costs or income earned.. HEHEHE buy cash cards K?