2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Ice_cold2016

Do you think the A.I is designed to go against you?

A Maned Wolf

I got a million of these:

DangerZ0neX

"subtle sarcasm"

You said stupid sh*t before on other threads and you'll say stupid sh*t again, and most of them contained emojis as well, so don't use sarcasm or yellow faces as scapegoats.

Ice_cold2016

The whole game now is designed to be a money drain, grind and most importantly, has taken the unprecedented step in the last year of coding situations to MAKE you fail that are both unfair and flat out trolls.

I wouldn't agree with that. Yes, it's designed with shark cards in mind but they haven't stopped us earning decent money and the increased difficulty of AI isn't impossible to deal with - personally I welcome the increase in difficulty, 3 years of playing against dumb AI, it needs this new challenge.

But props to Rockstar, they are always giving us ways to earn great money, from an extra $20k for a car sale for 2 weeks or double money on adversary modes, premium races and currently double money on biker contracts (which alone made me almost $1.25m last night in a few hours!)

If it was really just about them selling shark cards I wouldn't have been able to go from this

Screenshot-Original.png?sv=2014-02-14&sr

to this

in a few hours of playing (and enjoying 30 contracts at 5 minutes a pop for 3 hours) last night. With 11 more days to go, that's a fairly big chunk of cheese.

To be fair, though 3 hours to make just $1.5 million isn't that great. Especially when you consider the ridiculously high price of everything. It is clearly designed to make you grind repetitively hoping that the repetitiveness will piss you off and make you think, sod it, i'll just buy a shark card. Good that you enjoy it though.

The way the game has gone makes me wonder if people will put up with it again when GTA6 comes out. It's just grind, grind, grind and designed to go against you. The parts that really put me off was the first part of the CEO and Bikers DLC. Once i filled up a small warehouse and then had to deliver it long distance in a tug boat that was about as fast as a snail while not only having to deal with computer A.I attacking me in waves on jet ski's and helicopters i also had to deal with other players in jets and choppers etc. It was a lose lose situation. I spent hours filling it up only to be destroyed in seconds.

Then when i filled up my coke warehouse and tried to deliver it it wanted me to deliver it long distance in postal vans that had a top speed of 20mph and barely even made it up hills. And not only that it expected me to get out of the van and hand deliver each parcel. lol Again, spent hours filling it up and was destroyed in minutes.

I didn't bother playing them again. I imagine i'm not the only one who was put off by it. So this makes me think that future GTA Online's won't be as popular as this one now that people have worked this one out for what it is.

Hellbendzor

That's just a fact... I try to use the Cargobob as much as possible to avoid NPC-BS... It's designed to make you lose as much money as possible while stealing... And lose as much money as possible when selling...

It can be (mostly) avoided by the Bob or having a friendly player in your session, so you lose those pesky (blue) chasers while selling a car...

I understand why it's implemented, but still it's pretty lame when all things turn against you all of the sudden, when it's earning time... It's so damn Obvious, I find it funny in a way... But it doesn't stop me from making BIG bucks hehe...

DentureDynamite

Think? No.

Know? Yes.

The person or team who decided it was a good idea to make the AI in GTA act as if they are being controlled by f*cking agent smith, and whoever thought about turning it up a notch for imp/exp, i just want to say, i wish you a prolonged and agonizing torment in hell and 300 years of trolling of the same kind for any of your offsprings in real life. You are sinister evil and deserve punishment and suffering!! Or you're just a really bad/lazy programmer in which case, i wish you the same, youuuuuu sonovabich.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I mean, come on...know any human player that would survive TWO direct melee hits with the brutal Battle Axe--and a regular cop; not even NOOSE?

(my apologies for the poor audio quality--since been fixed)

Edited by DentureDynamite

Fennimoe

The A.I. is just so sporadic... I mean, I was just following this NPC that was riding his motorcycle. He couldn't even go around the bend without hitting the wall.

A Maned Wolf

They even park sideways for you too:

Handsome Jack

They even park sideways for you too:

I had that sh*t happen to me a couple of time. Its usually when I'm trying to get away from the cops or something. Each time the driver ended up eating a lot of bullets for getting in my way.

SmokesWithCigs

its even worse when you are doing biker gang. npc drivers will open their cars doors to try and knock you off of your bike while you are in motion. the game is programed to stop you.

Dellers

There's no doubt that the AI is out to get you during I/E at the very least. A short while back I was stealing a car, and had taken out all 8 enemy vehicles. Then all of a sudden while going down the highway a car driving exactly like those comes down the middle of the road, and I absolutely can't avoid it as it's coming extremely fast and seems to follow my movement. Pretty bad crash and expensive repair.

During a sale I'm going down the wrong lane (all the way to the left), suddenly the car all the way to the right speeds up and drives past another couple of lanes to crash badly into me. That's the thing about all these crashes, they have extreme acceleration and movement that's needed to crash into you. This happens when they're not spooked as well of course. I/E AI during shooting seems to be very similar to how it is during the hack heist setup, where everyone is deliberately trying to mow you down as well.

Just a couple of hours ago I was stealing the car from the car meeting near the wind farm. In addition to the normal 8 vehicles almost every single other NPC driver turned against me and had guns. I'd say 8-10 additional cars containing NPCs with guns. It was absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by Dellers

Cackling Jack

I think the way the AI has been tweaked is cheap and lazy.

Paying for Import/Export damage on cars isn't my gripe - it's that these idiots crank up the frustration to eleven with erratic driving, pinpoint accuracy and bullet-sponge stamina.

One of the many reasons why I stopped doing this import/export sh!t was mainly the bullsh!t AI. I've gone back to heists. Mainly just help out friends with the selling nowdays, Not worth the frustration.

TheFroggmann

Gee I don't know...

hfWEiaA.gif

49MLjP2.gif

7edjnT5.gif

TheFroggmann

Maybe...

uCQsQNI.gif

n4QVqk3.gif

LVfQNOm.gif

Are you f*cking kidding me? Of Course yes!

yLRHyPk.gif

Fxis7iS.gif

But at least they are as dumb as a rock and make other things easy...

iNI5X9l.gif

FlacidJack

All the gifs & videos just prove these npcs are all heroes, can't you people see what we've done to their city??? What would you do if you saw a six foot tall bipedal unicorn running around in the street killing cops?

⁣V⁣

Of course the AI is against you. It's shown by the fact that if a player is chased by NPCs and he passes near you, now you are getting chased by NPCs.

I asked my friend to help out with his Hydra during a cargobob-airlift-overpowered-buzzards-type mission and when the buzzards spawned they came after both of us. Killed him 6 times.

Then he said "screw it" and drove away and the buzzards went after him.

It's like thy hate the sight of player characters.

You mean like this ?

giphy1_zpso6q6g7tu.gif

Oh my god, they hit you while in the air. And they will successfully hit you from a falling buzzard with 600% accuracy.

A Maned Wolf

Gotta keep the NPC pain-train going:

oleg_aka_djmeg

i agree with most of the things here, but i gotta say that you can get away in the stunt mission without firing a single bullet. all you need to do is walk around those guys, slowly get in the car and hit the boost. and that's it.

Edited by oleg_aka_djmeg

TheFroggmann

And going...

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Not really per se, they just go into a panic whenever sh*t goes down like an explosion or a gunshot

edit: or if guns are aimed at them

Edited by Darth Absentis

TreFacTor

Methodical predictable traffic is un-immersive and boring. In games like Watch Dogs 2, Just Cause, Mercenaries and Sleeping Dogs it wasn't only the over all car psyichs that sucked King Kong ass but also the boring traffic that made the worlds seem robotic but also predetermined. I much rather the chaotic programmed reactions in Gta's random ped encounter than ANY other open world game.

Shaundi.

Not really per se, they just go into a panic whenever sh*t goes down like an explosion or a gunshot

Ahh.. No.

Even when guns aren't shot, they go batsh*t crazy anytime, mainly when doing CEO and MC work. Lots of proof posted in this thread.

Edited by Shaundi.

xDatxJunkyx

No sh*t they are against us.

Who the f*ck wouldn't in a city like this one. Every step they take is a godsend.

I'd imagine the chief of police and the mayor are swapped out every few weeks let alone a month.

ibsmokin

The pistol range is beyond outta control. The AI accuracy and the fact they can shoot you with laser beam accuracy from a mile away before you can even see them is complete BS. I'd be perfectly ok with securoserve or even Merriweather guys being very accurate with at least an AR but a car theft ring being able to crackshoot me from the cover of their car with blindfire while I'm in an elevated position with a sniper rifle is a complete and utter sham of sh*t.

ibsmokin

I got a million of these:

Hahaha there was a train coming too that probly ran over your corpse.

HailHydra

Started headhunter, use buzzard, kill a target with it, buzzard down thanks to my flying skills, called kuruma, kill 2 target with it, easy.

The last target was inside some kind of building. I tried to get my kuruma inside building, a guard comes, headshot him, he falls.

HE IS STILL ALIVE! Headshot him again, still alive. Headshot him again, still alive. Tons of shot to chest finally put him down. Lol rockstar GG

The whole game now is designed to be a money drain, grind and most importantly, has taken the unprecedented step in the last year of coding situations to MAKE you fail that are both unfair and flat out trolls.

I wouldn't agree with that. Yes, it's designed with shark cards in mind but they haven't stopped us earning decent money and the increased difficulty of AI isn't impossible to deal with - personally I welcome the increase in difficulty, 3 years of playing against dumb AI, it needs this new challenge.

But props to Rockstar, they are always giving us ways to earn great money, from an extra $20k for a car sale for 2 weeks or double money on adversary modes, premium races and currently double money on biker contracts (which alone made me almost $1.25m last night in a few hours!)

If it was really just about them selling shark cards I wouldn't have been able to go from this

to this

in a few hours of playing (and enjoying 30 contracts at 5 minutes a pop for 3 hours) last night. With 11 more days to go, that's a fairly big chunk of cheese.

To be fair, though 3 hours to make just $1.5 million isn't that great. Especially when you consider the ridiculously high price of everything. It is clearly designed to make you grind repetitively hoping that the repetitiveness will piss you off and make you think, sod it, i'll just buy a shark card. Good that you enjoy it though.

The way the game has gone makes me wonder if people will put up with it again when GTA6 comes out. It's just grind, grind, grind and designed to go against you. The parts that really put me off was the first part of the CEO and Bikers DLC. Once i filled up a small warehouse and then had to deliver it long distance in a tug boat that was about as fast as a snail while not only having to deal with computer A.I attacking me in waves on jet ski's and helicopters i also had to deal with other players in jets and choppers etc. It was a lose lose situation. I spent hours filling it up only to be destroyed in seconds.

Then when i filled up my coke warehouse and tried to deliver it it wanted me to deliver it long distance in postal vans that had a top speed of 20mph and barely even made it up hills. And not only that it expected me to get out of the van and hand deliver each parcel. lol Again, spent hours filling it up and was destroyed in minutes.

I didn't bother playing them again. I imagine i'm not the only one who was put off by it. So this makes me think that future GTA Online's won't be as popular as this one now that people have worked this one out for what it is.

The thing is, it's what GTA is. GTA has always been a case of going from A to B, collecting/killing/destroying C and going to D. That has never changed, it is the same for everything, Coke sale, Vehicle Cargo, Crates, Contact Missions, Biker Contracts. The exceptions are races and deathmatches. So does that mean just playing GTA is grinding?

The $1.2m I mentioned about earning in 3 hours was not only $1.2m for me. It was $1.2m for 3 others, it could have been for up to 8 of us (and with more it would have also been quicker). That's potentially $9.6m split evenly between 8 people in a few hours of some quite enjoyable PVE missions (and some not so enjoyable), all while being able to do it from a closed session if PVP isn't appealing. It ticks a lot of the boxes.

Yes, $1.2m wont buy you much these days, and I agree it is being tailored to shark cards, I agreed with that in my original post, but $1.2m is still a lot more than you could earn in a few hours back in October 2013 when prices were lower. I remember grinding the sh*t out of Criminal Records and a select few Contact Missions to earn the $1m for an Adder, it took days of long sessions to do. Payouts on contracts, vip work etc. are at least twice, if not more, what we get from Contact Missions, new cars are around twice the price of what they were on day one.

If you find going from A to B, doing something with C and going to D as a grind then let's be honest, GTA isn't really the game for you, that is and always has been the basics to anything in any GTA since '97.

HamwithCheese

^ You're putting lots of words in other people's mouths.

I'm responding to the comments made. I can't see where I've put any words in anyone's mouth...

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Ahh.. No.

Even when guns aren't shot, they go batsh*t crazy anytime, mainly when doing CEO and MC work. Lots of proof posted in this thread.

I do not see any.

Just because you did not fire does not mean anything.

I have npcs go apesh*t crazy because of people having an explosive fight at los santos customs while being somewhere between the eclipse and tinsel towers.

HamwithCheese

I'm responding to the comments made. I can't see where I've put any words in anyone's mouth...

I played for 3 hours straight doing nothing but biker missions. That's not grinding.

It is, because you're doing the same thing over and over again.

What, going from a to b then c is grinding? Isn't that what you do in every single GTA? So that means GTA is grinding.

(How did you even manage that?)