1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
truffleshuffle03

Question about playing GTA on Two computers.

truffleshuffle03

I hope this is the right section if not I am sorry and please move it to where it needs to be.

My computer I have now runs GTA single and Multi pretty well and only has a small problem here and there but it is not a gaming computer so I have ordered an actual gaming rig. What I want to do is run single player from this computer and use mods and stuff and on my new computer run online. If I use the new computer to do online when I edit my online character for doing things in director mode will I be able to use my online character? Basically what I am asking is if let's say I edit my online guy while using my new computer when I start up this computer and go into director mode will the edited online guy be there for use if I click him or will I only be able to use him on the new PC? Sorry if I confused anyone I am a bit tired been up all night lol.

The7thOne

I'm guessing what you're trying to do is run 2 PCs at the same time - one for mods, one for Online (legitimate use).

However, there's no need to do that as long as you're using the mods folder technique, and ensuring you remove all mods from your directory before entering Online. Other ways include making a copy of your GTA V directory, and swapping them out of your "steamapps" folder - one for mods, one for Online, basically the same thing you're trying to do with the 2 PCs.

What you're trying to do is make changes to your Online character, load them in single player using mods (requiring use of the 1st PC), and loading them in Director Mode. That seems counter-productive considering the time it may take to transfer the files...as well as dealing with having 2 PCs set up for different usage scenarios.

Really I think you're better off using the mods folder and the "2nd" PC for everything. It's not as complicated as it seems, and would significantly save time for what you're trying to do. The main argument I could make for having 2 PCs would be for having 2 Social Club accounts, and using one as an extra teammate for Fleeca or grinding missions, but other than that I would just use 1 PC for everything (my opinion).

truffleshuffle03

Well yes and no. I am new to modding but as far as I know I am using the mod folder thing but I don't like having to delet and reinstall the mods every time I want to go online. When I am doing my videos I may need to chang the way my online guys looks like and dresses a few times while doing clips for the video and it gets time consuming uninstalling mid and such. All I really want to know is if I go online and change the way the guy looks will it reflect that when I go into director mode with my other computer and click use online player?

The7thOne

Well yes and no. I am new to modding but as far as I know I am using the mod folder thing but I don't like having to delet and reinstall the mods every time I want to go online. When I am doing my videos I may need to chang the way my online guys looks like and dresses a few times while doing clips for the video and it gets time consuming uninstalling mid and such. All I really want to know is if I go online and change the way the guy looks will it reflect that when I go into director mode with my other computer and click use online player?

You could use the mod Skin Control, which allows character outfit changes on the fly (ability to use all clothing available in-game, without having to save a config from Director Mode). The Simple Native Trainer also allows changes from within the Model Clothes menu.

truffleshuffle03

You could use the mod Skin Control, which allows character outfit changes on the fly (ability to use all clothing available in-game, without having to save a config from Director Mode). The Simple Native Trainer also allows changes from within the Model Clothes menu.

I use the native trainer that comes with the script hook I have installed is that the trainer you are talking about because I have not seen skin control option. I also don't have a mod that has my online player in single player. and when I am talking about change the way he looks its not about how he dresses its about how his hair is and other things that are specific to how I need him to look.

Edited by truffleshuffle03

Chrisatsinnoh

I think if you have two Social Club accounts, you'll get two groups of GTA online characters each and none of them will be lost. I tried this before.

If you have two profiles installed on one PC, it's not a problem because they both share the same installation folder in GTA V, but if you have two computers, then it's separated.

Lioshenka

If you have two profiles installed on one PC, it's not a problem because they both share the same installation folder in GTA V, but if you have two computers, then it's separated.

What if you share the hard drive of one PC and make the other PC use the same installation folder via home network?

Chrisatsinnoh

What if you share the hard drive of one PC and make the other PC use the same installation folder via home network?

I think if you share the hard drive of the first PC and make the other PC use the same folder, you can't play GTA Online with it if you only have one copy of the game. I believe the second computer will have to install GTA V with Social Club permission in order to proceed. You can share your Social Club, but if you want the second computer to have a different online profile, then might as well get a second copy. I think this process is similar when you try to share GTA V via Steam Family Sharing. It won't work unless you have another copy.

However, if you have one Social Club account, but not play Online that much, you can share the same installation folder with the other computer if the user doesn't mind sharing and just wants the second computer to play Single Player only.